Is it December Yet?? Cancelled with a Heavy Heart!

Laurie, I am praying that your trip happens for you. We cancelled ours due to unexpected household expense.:sad:

Laurie, I am praying that your trip happens for you. We cancelled ours due to unexpected household expense.:sad:

OH NO MICHELE!!!!! I'm so sorry!!!!! :sad: :hug: I hate hearing that!! I tell you, this really has not been a good year for lots of people I know.

I've trimmed our dining down to one TS a day so now our deficit is down to about $2200.....which technically is about what I have budgeted for souvenirs.....so I think we'll have everything else covered. (as long as the IRS sends us a check.........) :crazy2: Then hopefully I'll be able to tuck a little out of Mike's checks away to cover the difference. Not giving up yet!!

OH NO MICHELE!!!!! I'm so sorry!!!!! :sad: :hug: I hate hearing that!! I tell you, this really has not been a good year for lots of people I know.

I've trimmed our dining down to one TS a day so now our deficit is down to about $2200.....which technically is about what I have budgeted for souvenirs.....so I think we'll have everything else covered. (as long as the IRS sends us a check.........) :crazy2: Then hopefully I'll be able to tuck a little out of Mike's checks away to cover the difference. Not giving up yet!!

Don't give up! We unfortunately need a front door. Ours broke and well I need a new freezer too. I decided that I can wait to go and get what we NEED.

Don't give up! We unfortunately need a front door. Ours broke and well I need a new freezer too. I decided that I can wait to go and get what we NEED.

Well hopefully this just means the next trip you plan will be even better!!!!!!

So here is the updated ADR~Meal plan with all the changes.

12/6 ~~ Travel Day
Dinner at AS-Mo

12/7 ~~ AK
Breakfast at Cape May before heading to the park
Dinner at Flame Tree BBQ

12/8 ~~ EP
Breakfast at AS-Mo
Dinner at Le Chef's de France

12/9 ~~ MK
Breakfast Snack at Main St Bakery
Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner at AS-Mo

12/10 ~~ AK (day 2)
Breakfast Snack at AS-Mo
Lunch at Tusker House
Dinner at AS-Mo

12/11 ~~ DHS
Breakfast at AS-Mo
Dinner at Sci Fi Diner

12/12 ~~ MK (day 2)
Breakfast at Kona Cafe before going to park
Dinner at Casey's Corner

12/13 ~~ Resort/Decoration Day & MVMCP
Breakfast at Boma
Dinner at AS-Mo before heading to park for the party

12/14 ~~ DHS (day 2)
Breakfast Snack at AS-Mo
Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
Dinner at a Counter Service at DHS

12/15 ~~ EP (day 2)
Breakfast at AS-Mo
Lunch at Counter Service at World Showcase
Dinner at San Angel Inn-Candlelight Processional

12/16 ~~ DTD
Breakfast at AS-Mo
Lunch at Earl of Sandwich
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare

12/17 ~~ Travel Day
Breakfast at Ohana

It's even possible to trim more $$ off this by getting some breakfast foods for the room (bonus having Derek living there to hit up a grocery store prior to our arrival)

The new ADR plan looks great!!! I also wanted to let you know that I am praying you will all be able to take this trip so you can see Derek during the holidays!

Holy Smoke Batman - oh wait Disney ... My baby girl just said Oh Snap (she's 7). I am glad you haven't canceled your trip yet and pray that everything works out for you. I can not believe how the kids have grown, and remember what those three hours of alone time were like. Enjoy them and continue thinking positively - your family deserves this trip.

Kris

Holy Smoke Batman - oh wait Disney ... My baby girl just said Oh Snap (she's 7). I am glad you haven't canceled your trip yet and pray that everything works out for you. I can not believe how the kids have grown, and remember what those three hours of alone time were like. Enjoy them and continue thinking positively - your family deserves this trip.

Kris

Hi Kris!!!! How are you??

LOL......what our kids say sometimes is hilarious. I got an email today from Shy's teacher letting me know she told another kid to "shut up"......oy vay!!

I've refigured everything multiple times....I just don't see where I could whittle away much more. I refuse to give up on this trip.....my son is coming this direction next week....unfortunately it's to Disneyland and not here in Oregon. :sad: So I have to get there.....this trip is what has made this year bearable.....it gave us something to look forward to.

Laurie -

Ok first i have to laugh and let you know that if that is the worst Shy does you will be lucky. I always love those emails or phone calls, I get that guilty Mom complex then remember there are kids who do worse things. Verbal is better than physical Lol ::yes::

I completely understand about your trip being the thing that keeps you going. That is how it has been for me this year after cancelling last year. I feel like I need this trip to reconnect with my family since nursing school keeps me so busy. It is like the last time we will be able to go with all of us since my oldest is "outta here" in July. Her choice not mine :(

Somehow although you can't see how now; things will work out! Look what happened last year! Don't lose faith, just keep swimming :grouphug: and besides Christmas is the most Magical time of the year pixiedust:

Kris

Sorry you had to cancel your trip Michele!

Your plans look good Laurie! No matter what if you get to go it won't matter that you didn't get to do everything you originally planned. You will all be together and have fun!!

Laurie -

Ok first i have to laugh and let you know that if that is the worst Shy does you will be lucky. I always love those emails or phone calls, I get that guilty Mom complex then remember there are kids who do worse things. Verbal is better than physical Lol ::yes::

I completely understand about your trip being the thing that keeps you going. That is how it has been for me this year after cancelling last year. I feel like I need this trip to reconnect with my family since nursing school keeps me so busy. It is like the last time we will be able to go with all of us since my oldest is "outta here" in July. Her choice not mine :(

Somehow although you can't see how now; things will work out! Look what happened last year! Don't lose faith, just keep swimming :grouphug: and besides Christmas is the most Magical time of the year pixiedust:

Kris

I'm worried about the physical part....she's learned how to wrestle and play fight and since she doesn't understand, she has gone up to other kids and kicked and hit them. :scared:

Nursing school is a lot of work so your trip will be a nice way to spend some much needed time together.

Oh No chele, I had no idea :grouphug:

That sounds like some good choices :thumbsup2

Thanx Kelly!!

Your plans look good Laurie! No matter what if you get to go it won't matter that you didn't get to do everything you originally planned. You will all be together and have fun!!

Thanx Paula.....you're right....going is what matters....everything else is bonus!!!

Michelle -

Sorry you had to cancel :hug: - these are the times that I wish money did not exist and we had government mandated vacation time of two weeks per year in which we were obligated to take a trip to the destination of our choosing and the government paid someone to watch the house and animals.

Well one can dream right :wizard:

Kris

Michelle -

Sorry you had to cancel :hug: - these are the times that I wish money did not exist and we had government mandated vacation time of two weeks per year in which we were obligated to take a trip to the destination of our choosing and the government paid someone to watch the house and animals.

Kris

That would be nice!!! :p

Laurie -

Nice Job on the DL character meal super thread. What did you like about Storytellers breakfast and do you think it is a must do? We are planning one sit down a day be it counter serve of dining for the same reasons you are. To take a break and give my daughter a chance to recoup from the over stimulation. While she has been making strides she is still very prone to her sensory issues taking over.

As for Shy does she have the ability to comprehend "home" and "out". If so maybe you can tell her that she can "wrestle" in the house, but not anywhere else.

I can honestly say I have no clue as to your Disney World trip as I have not been since 1978 and the only thing I can recall is that the castle was huge and I felt like I was living in a fairytale. Heres to hoping all of your dreams come true.
Kris

Laurie -

Nice Job on the DL character meal super thread. What did you like about Storytellers breakfast and do you think it is a must do? We are planning one sit down a day be it counter serve of dining for the same reasons you are. To take a break and give my daughter a chance to recoup from the over stimulation. While she has been making strides she is still very prone to her sensory issues taking over.

As for Shy does she have the ability to comprehend "home" and "out". If so maybe you can tell her that she can "wrestle" in the house, but not anywhere else.

I can honestly say I have no clue as to your Disney World trip as I have not been since 1978 and the only thing I can recall is that the castle was huge and I felt like I was living in a fairytale. Heres to hoping all of your dreams come true.
Kris

Thank You!! Sherry asked me to start the thread since I had been to all 5 of the meals. Now it's kinda running on it's own......which is good because I haven't been very good about getting on the Dis. I get on here when I get notification.

Storyteller's was a more laid back, quieter character meal. The restaurant is huge and beautiful to look at (the woods, etc). I liked ordering off the menu and getting a hot plate of food......but the prices will still be equivalent of buffet prices. It was nice seeing a few "rare" characters like Meeko & Kenai. It's not my first choice if only doing one. If you want to try a different one if you've done the others....then it's worth going to once. I'd go again....but only if I was doing all of them again.

It's hard to say if Shy comprehends enough to understand that. She's pretty bright, but she behaves the same way anywhere she goes. I believe if she acts out like that at school that she will learn what's ok and not ok behavior. We're trying here but when the 2 older kids are ALWAYS fighting.....it's hard.

Oh No chele, I had no idea :grouphug:

That sounds like some good choices :thumbsup2

It's all good Kelly!

Thank you, Paula! We are just postponing our trip.

Michelle -

Kris

Thank you Kris. This will just make the next trip more fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter