• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it December Yet?? Cancelled with a Heavy Heart!

Isn't it funny (not really) when you're owed money, companies take their sweet time getting it to you and drag it on as long as possible, but as soon as you owe them money, they are calling you every day (sometimes several times a day) and pretty much harrassing you to pay them. Funny how that works!

Hope you get something real soon!

Isn't it funny (not really) when you're owed money, companies take their sweet time getting it to you and drag it on as long as possible, but as soon as you owe them money, they are calling you every day (sometimes several times a day) and pretty much harrassing you to pay them. Funny how that works!

Hope you get something real soon!

It's very true...... I wasn't happy that they "lost" our 2010......they originally received it on Valentines Day!! :faint: And here we sit.......still!! :furious: The 2009 was done in early May....so by end of June we for sure should have had the money in our hands. When we found out that the 2010 wasn't showing in any of the scanned documents, we resubmitted it with the hopes that they would get right on it......but I guess not. Right now I'm waiting for the letter telling me it's been processed. It will take about 3 wks after that before the check comes. So I was told 8-12 weeks when the local IRS office sent it off for us. So we're after 8 weeks now.....so I better be seeing that letter in the next week or I'm gonna start getting pissed off!!! This is ridiculous!!!

Hey Laurie!!!! I am the ghost of DISBoards past returning after a 16 month hiatus from here. Great to see you still tooling around the threads. And better yet I come back to see you and your clan also planning a Christmas WDW trip :woohoo: :jumping1: :woohoo:

Sounds like you had a cool B-Day. Yay for being able to get out and have some fun.

Nice that you were able to upgrade to POFQ but you'll miss me an my fam as we are staying at your original destination of POP Century ;) I wish our days overlapped better for a DISMeet - I would have loved that. But comparing itineraries it looks like the stars have not aligned for us :sad:

That is quite the travel binder you have put together! That is some serious Disney dedication pixiedust: Have a great one!

Mike

Hey Laurie!!!! I am the ghost of DISBoards past returning after a 16 month hiatus from here. Great to see you still tooling around the threads. And better yet I come back to see you and your clan also planning a Christmas WDW trip :woohoo: :jumping1: :woohoo:

Sounds like you had a cool B-Day. Yay for being able to get out and have some fun.

Nice that you were able to upgrade to POFQ but you'll miss me an my fam as we are staying at your original destination of POP Century ;) I wish our days overlapped better for a DISMeet - I would have loved that. But comparing itineraries it looks like the stars have not aligned for us :sad:

That is quite the travel binder you have put together! That is some serious Disney dedication pixiedust: Have a great one!

Mike

MIKE!!!!!!! :hug: How are you and the family doing???? It's been forever!!

I'll have to go check out your PTR......what are your dates?? We're not staying at POFQ.....we had to totally change our plans and cancel our packages. Due to the IRS still holding on to our "vacation money"......and Ty not being to find work....our original plan was out of our budget (it should have been fine.....but just a rough year for us). So with our son doing the College Program at WDW, we're now going to stay at the All Star Movies December 6-17. (this is the resort he works at) So we've cut WAY back on the plans, dining, extras, etc and as long as the IRS gets my money to me in time.....we'll at least still get to go!!

So photobucket has changed....I used to be able to right click on my son's pictures to save them on my computer.....well with the new upgrade I can't..... so I'm posting a couple of his pics I'd like to have for FB and wallpapers:

WDW:

DSCN0712.jpg

DSCN0760.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

DL:

DSCN0824.jpg

Beautiful! We normal go in September and those pictures have me a little :( but at the same time I'm so excited to see the Castle looking like glass!!!!

Beautiful! We normal go in September and those pictures have me a little :( but at the same time I'm so excited to see the Castle looking like glass!!!!

I've never been during the fall but it's high on list for Disneyland next year if possible. Love the colors!!

Christmas time is my favorite holiday so going to WDW for that was the biggest priority. (I got to see DL last year) Can't wait to see all the lights, icicles, trees, etc!!! :banana:

Laurie -

Isn't that new Photobucket annoying as heck? About a month ago my 2 Photobucket accounts were giving me trouble. I couldn't log in, I couldn't upload new photos, I couldn't save any edits I made to photos, and some of the photos were not showing up in their designated albums. The account I was really ticked off about was the Pro account, since I pay for that one.

I couldn't hang with the "new" Photobucket, so I switched my account back to the original Photobucket - and that is how it will stay until they literally force me into switching over. In the meantime, I contacted a very helpful, nice Photobucket person on Facebook (they suggested that people send them messages on FB), and he helped me pretty quickly. I haven't had any trouble with my account since then, but I still don't like the new layout.

Did your son "share" the photos with you, or did you actually access his account? If you were in his account you should be able to right click on photos and save them when you're in the albums (not the slide show, in other words). I can right click/save when I'm in the actual account, even from the "new" Photobucket. But if he just shared them with you via links, that may be different because of new privacy controls or something.

In any case, it's annoying and stupid, isn't it?!:rotfl2:

About going to DLR in the Fall - first of all, did you hear the Halloween Time podcast I did with the DIS Unplugged team two nights ago? It was a lot of fun, and very informative. It's up on the Unplugged page now. (I think they're having me back for another holiday edition of the podcast too, when the season gets going.)

Secondly, I actually think that it's for the best that you haven't been to DLR for Halloween Time yet. You'll get there eventually, but I think that by the time you do make a Halloween trip the whole season will be bigger and better. So far, 2007 and 2008 were the years that had the most overall Halloween-ishness in both parks. It's been downhill ever since!:rotfl2: This year, some of the decorations and other Halloween Time offerings have been scaled back - other people have noticed and commented on it too.

For whatever reason - maybe because Disneyland has to reserve most of its 'holiday decorating budget' for this year's holiday season (which sounds like it is going to be awesome), they keep cutting back in little ways on Halloween Time. Now they are practically forcing people into buying Halloween party tickets by limiting accessibility to certain characters (like Villains) in the daytime (which they have not done in the past).

So I think - or I hope - that the Halloween season will build back up again next year, once Cars Land and Buena Vista Street have settled in for a bit. I think they could really do some amazing things with Cars Land for Halloween, and they could put retro/vintage Halloween decor on Buena Vista Street. Not this year, though.:sad:

Laurie -

For whatever reason - maybe because Disneyland has to reserve most of its 'holiday decorating budget' for this year's holiday season (which sounds like it is going to be awesome), they keep cutting back in little ways on Halloween Time. Now they are practically forcing people into buying Halloween party tickets by limiting accessibility to certain characters (like Villains) in the daytime (which they have not done in the past).

I'm not going to DL this Halloween season so haven't been keeping track but this concerned me for the future?!?! The Villians are not out during the day time this year?!?!? That's one thing I LOVED the last 2 years!!

I'm not going to DL this Halloween season so haven't been keeping track but this concerned me for the future?!?! The Villians are not out during the day time this year?!?!? That's one thing I LOVED the last 2 years!!

Hi, Paula!

Well, what they did was remove the Villains photo spot in Fantasyland (the one that was back by IASW). They relocated the Villains to the Halloween Round-Up area (or the Ranch) and renamed the whole location a "Carnival." They put up a tent sort of situation where you can go in and "conjure up a Villain." The only trouble is that you can only conjure up one villain at a time - not multiple. If you want to meet more Villains you have to keep going back to the tent.

It sounds to me as though Disneyland is trying to make the Villains a little less high-profile during the season by only putting one at a time in the tent. They want people to buy tickets for the Halloween party, of course, where they can meet many Villains all over the park.

Also, they have removed any and all characters in Halloween costumes from Town Square! Remember how last year and previous years the characters were standing around in costumes in the daytime? No more! They have also been forced back to the Carnival area, and I'm sure they will be out for the party.

There is no floral masked Mickey at the entrance to Disneyland this year, either - at least there wasn't one on opening day of the season.

Laurie -

Isn't that new Photobucket annoying as heck? About a month ago my 2 Photobucket accounts were giving me trouble. I couldn't log in, I couldn't upload new photos, I couldn't save any edits I made to photos, and some of the photos were not showing up in their designated albums. The account I was really ticked off about was the Pro account, since I pay for that one.

I couldn't hang with the "new" Photobucket, so I switched my account back to the original Photobucket - and that is how it will stay until they literally force me into switching over. In the meantime, I contacted a very helpful, nice Photobucket person on Facebook (they suggested that people send them messages on FB), and he helped me pretty quickly. I haven't had any trouble with my account since then, but I still don't like the new layout.

Did your son "share" the photos with you, or did you actually access his account? If you were in his account you should be able to right click on photos and save them when you're in the albums (not the slide show, in other words). I can right click/save when I'm in the actual account, even from the "new" Photobucket. But if he just shared them with you via links, that may be different because of new privacy controls or something.

In any case, it's annoying and stupid, isn't it?!:rotfl2:

About going to DLR in the Fall - first of all, did you hear the Halloween Time podcast I did with the DIS Unplugged team two nights ago? It was a lot of fun, and very informative. It's up on the Unplugged page now. (I think they're having me back for another holiday edition of the podcast too, when the season gets going.)

Secondly, I actually think that it's for the best that you haven't been to DLR for Halloween Time yet. You'll get there eventually, but I think that by the time you do make a Halloween trip the whole season will be bigger and better. So far, 2007 and 2008 were the years that had the most overall Halloween-ishness in both parks. It's been downhill ever since!:rotfl2: This year, some of the decorations and other Halloween Time offerings have been scaled back - other people have noticed and commented on it too.

So I think - or I hope - that the Halloween season will build back up again next year, once Cars Land and Buena Vista Street have settled in for a bit. I think they could really do some amazing things with Cars Land for Halloween, and they could put retro/vintage Halloween decor on Buena Vista Street. Not this year, though.:sad:

Well I'm given access to his private album via password....when he first went to WDW I could right click and save pics to the computer.....I am no longer able to do that. Frustrating!! I haven't played with the new layout yet to make up my mind other than it looked different and it's always a learning curve when sites do this.

I'm glad we did the Christmas first since it's my favorite but fall season is a close 2nd. Love the colors!! I figured with CarsLand finishing that they would have decorated DCA again......too bad. Derek was just there this week and he had a few pics of the decor in DL....since I've never been, I'm not sure what would be normal and what would be scaled back. Mike & I went in October back in 1984 and there wasn't any decorations.....so even little touches through out would be an improvement......lol

Hi, Paula!

Well, what they did was remove the Villains photo spot in Fantasyland (the one that was back by IASW). They relocated the Villains to the Halloween Round-Up area (or the Ranch) and renamed the whole location a "Carnival." They put up a tent sort of situation where you can go in and "conjure up a Villain." The only trouble is that you can only conjure up one villain at a time - not multiple. If you want to meet more Villains you have to keep going back to the tent.

It sounds to me as though Disneyland is trying to make the Villains a little less high-profile during the season by only putting one at a time in the tent. They want people to buy tickets for the Halloween party, of course, where they can meet many Villains all over the park.

Also, they have removed any and all characters in Halloween costumes from Town Square! Remember how last year and previous years the characters were standing around in costumes in the daytime? No more! They have also been forced back to the Carnival area, and I'm sure they will be out for the party.

There is no floral masked Mickey at the entrance to Disneyland this year, either - at least there wasn't one on opening day of the season.

They are making it almost impossible to enjoy the holiday things without paying through the nose for the party tickets. It's all about the benjamins....... :crazy2: You would think they're making enough money to afford to decorate and landscape accordingly.

Well I'm given access to his private album via password....when he first went to WDW I could right click and save pics to the computer.....I am no longer able to do that. Frustrating!! I haven't played with the new layout yet to make up my mind other than it looked different and it's always a learning curve when sites do this.

I'm glad we did the Christmas first since it's my favorite but fall season is a close 2nd. Love the colors!! I figured with CarsLand finishing that they would have decorated DCA again......too bad. Derek was just there this week and he had a few pics of the decor in DL....since I've never been, I'm not sure what would be normal and what would be scaled back. Mike & I went in October back in 1984 and there wasn't any decorations.....so even little touches through out would be an improvement......lol

They are making it almost impossible to enjoy the holiday things without paying through the nose for the party tickets. It's all about the benjamins....... :crazy2: You would think they're making enough money to afford to decorate and landscape accordingly.

You'll see - when you finally do a Halloween Time trip to DLR - how it kind of pales in comparison to the holidays, although it is still a lot of fun. The holidays are treated in a very special way at DLR, right down to the hotels. At Halloween Time...not so much! I can sort of understand not doing anything Halloweenish in DCA yet, but I don't understand the scaling back of the decor in Disneyland! I want Halloween Time to be so much more than it is, but it's not reaching its potential...so far. I am keeping hope alive, though!

You're right - 1984 was not a big Halloween Time year at Disneyland, so compared to that you will think that you've hit the Halloween jackpot when you finally do a Fall trip!

I think there's going to be a Christmas party coming next year or possibly 2014. This should be interesting because the existing holiday fireworks, snow on Main Street and holiday parade have been fixtures of the Christmas season (and part of the regular entertainment that comes with admission) for years. Many people from all over have gotten used to them. I think that after this year they will become holiday party staples, along with the Candlelight Processional. I think that's why we're getting 20 nights of the CP this year at DL - Disney wants to test it out and see if it's a huge success. If it is, then the CP will be lumped into a Christmas party package along with the parade, snow and fireworks - for whatever crazy amount they decide to charge.

I suspect that Disney didn't want to have a Christmas party yet, until DCA's makeover was all complete and DCA could offer some holiday merriment of its own. So we will get the themed Cars Land and Buena Vista Street decorations packages this year (which will be exciting), and that will give people something to do or look at in DCA if there is a party in DL next year!

You'll see - when you finally do a Halloween Time trip to DLR - how it kind of pales in comparison to the holidays, although it is still a lot of fun. The holidays are treated in a very special way at DLR, right down to the hotels. At Halloween Time...not so much! I can sort of understand not doing anything Halloweenish in DCA yet, but I don't understand the scaling back of the decor in Disneyland! I want Halloween Time to be so much more than it is, but it's not reaching its potential...so far. I am keeping hope alive, though!

You're right - 1984 was not a big Halloween Time year at Disneyland, so compared to that you will think that you've hit the Halloween jackpot when you finally do a Fall trip!

I think there's going to be a Christmas party coming next year or possibly 2014. This should be interesting because the existing holiday fireworks, snow on Main Street and holiday parade have been fixtures of the Christmas season (and part of the regular entertainment that comes with admission) for years. Many people from all over have gotten used to them. I think that after this year they will become holiday party staples, along with the Candlelight Processional. I think that's why we're getting 20 nights of the CP this year at DL - Disney wants to test it out and see if it's a huge success. If it is, then the CP will be lumped into a Christmas party package along with the parade, snow and fireworks - for whatever crazy amount they decide to charge.

I suspect that Disney didn't want to have a Christmas party yet, until DCA's makeover was all complete and DCA could offer some holiday merriment of its own. So we will get the themed Cars Land and Buena Vista Street decorations packages this year (which will be exciting), and that will give people something to do or look at in DCA if there is a party in DL next year!

Yeah, I saw they were adding on nights for the CP.....that's neat.....I think?! Since they hold it on Main Street, that kinda makes a mess getting in & out of DL those nights.......it works for WDW because they have a venue for it. I'm not sure how that's gonna work for DL. WDW does the party stuff like the week before and thru the rest of the season as their everyday stuff.....it's just if you go Nov/most of Dec do you have to pay for those luxuries. I'm excited to go to the party.....but at $55 per person......that adds up fast for my family. It will be interesting to see if DL follows suit and limits the "holiday" things for party nights and then daily when it's closer to Christmas.

I'm sure DCA will get into the holiday groove eventually and that will be nice.....just sorry to hear that they scaled back the Halloween stuff this year!! (I know Disney isn't hurting for money!)

Hi, Paula!

That is a BIG bummer on the Villians! I loved their M&G spot!! I was even telling people going to WDW for Halloween how I was going to miss that! I guess that won't be a concern now!

Yeah, I saw they were adding on nights for the CP.....that's neat.....I think?! Since they hold it on Main Street, that kinda makes a mess getting in & out of DL those nights.......it works for WDW because they have a venue for it. I'm not sure how that's gonna work for DL. WDW does the party stuff like the week before and thru the rest of the season as their everyday stuff.....it's just if you go Nov/most of Dec do you have to pay for those luxuries. I'm excited to go to the party.....but at $55 per person......that adds up fast for my family. It will be interesting to see if DL follows suit and limits the "holiday" things for party nights and then daily when it's closer to Christmas.

I'm sure DCA will get into the holiday groove eventually and that will be nice.....just sorry to hear that they scaled back the Halloween stuff this year!! (I know Disney isn't hurting for money!)

Laurie -

Your comment about the venue for the CP at WDW got me thinking.

What's interesting is that, for so many years, Team Disney Anaheim (or whoever is in charge) kind of treated Disneyland Resort as if it was just a destination for locals or for very short trips, and not for long distance travelers who take longer trips. For example, they wait forever to post the schedules and entertainment calendars, hours, etc. for DLR, as though no one is going to be planning out a trip. Often times they don't even tell us details of the Halloween or holiday seasons in blogs, press releases, etc., until the seasons have already begun!

And then, fast forward to 2012. We now have Cars Land and Buena Vista Street - two brand new lands which are amazing, so I will give praise for that - and the billion dollar makeover is complete. Suddenly TDA wants to jump the gun with crazy price hikes and certain ideas (like 20 nights of the CP) which, logistically, might not work as well at DLR.

In other words, I think that DLR is trying to be too much like WDW in its efforts to be more of a vacation destination for people from all over. Even though we have a "re-imagined California Adventure," we still only have 2 parks, Downtown Disney and 3 hotels. That's it. DLR is still nowhere near the scope and size of WDW. Certain things work well for WDW and will not work as well at DLR.

I think that Disney is getting crazed with the popularity of the new lands at DCA, and is trying to be/do too much, too soon.

That is a BIG bummer on the Villians! I loved their M&G spot!! I was even telling people going to WDW for Halloween how I was going to miss that! I guess that won't be a concern now!

Paula -

By all accounts it sounds as though the Villains and costume-clad characters are in abundance at the actual MHP this year. So it's basically just the daytime/non-party hours when they are limited. It's definitely a grand plan to get people to buy tickets.

I agree.....DL is trying to be an all inclusive getaway. I have a problem with that.....DL is small, special, intimate. With only having 3 hotels, and none of them being considered a "value" or even "moderate"......it cuts a lot of guests out from staying on site. I think if they want to make it more like WDW, then they need to partner with a few chosen Good Neighbor motels to also offer that mid to value price range and then include them on the special perks they're offering to just the 3 hotels. I would be more for buying into their new concept of how DL should be. Right now they're giving all the perks to the richer people. Large families like mine, can't afford that luxury, especially when I have to get 2 rooms!! So what Disney is saying to me is.......too bad!! I just hope they don't price out the average family. :crazy2:

I agree.....DL is trying to be an all inclusive getaway. I have a problem with that.....DL is small, special, intimate. With only having 3 hotels, and none of them being considered a "value" or even "moderate"......it cuts a lot of guests out from staying on site. I think if they want to make it more like WDW, then they need to partner with a few chosen Good Neighbor motels to also offer that mid to value price range and then include them on the special perks they're offering to just the 3 hotels. I would be more for buying into their new concept of how DL should be. Right now they're giving all the perks to the richer people. Large families like mine, can't afford that luxury, especially when I have to get 2 rooms!! So what Disney is saying to me is.......too bad!! I just hope they don't price out the average family. :crazy2:

DLR definitely needs to add more Disney-specific hotels, but find a way to make a couple of them moderate or value. The only way to do that would be to actually buy out a few of the existing Good Neighbor hotels, put the Disney stamp on them and not change much about the buildings so that they can keep the lower prices.

I think that if DLR ever builds hotels in the Garden Walk area - which has been rumored for a long time - those will be super expensive if they are built from the ground up. If they buy out a few of the Good Neighbors and just put the Disney name on them, they can do what they first did with the PPH when they bought that building. It used to be called the Emerald Hotel or something like that. Disney bought it, didn't change too much about the building right away, but put the Disney stamp on it, changed the hotel's name and made it a Disney hotel for a cheaper price.

DLR definitely needs to add more Disney-specific hotels, but find a way to make a couple of them moderate or value. The only way to do that would be to actually buy out a few of the existing Good Neighbor hotels, put the Disney stamp on them and not change much about the buildings so that they can keep the lower prices.

I think that if DLR ever builds hotels in the Garden Walk area - which has been rumored for a long time - those will be super expensive if they are built from the ground up. If they buy out a few of the Good Neighbors and just put the Disney name on them, they can do what they first did with the PPH when they bought that building. It used to be called the Emerald Hotel or something like that. Disney bought it, didn't change too much about the building right away, but put the Disney stamp on it, changed the hotel's name and made it a Disney hotel for a cheaper price.

I don't see any of the good neighbor motels selling.....they've got a good thing going....no need to. That's why I was saying, maybe Disney could pick a couple that have a great track record and partner with them to include them in the DLR perks. It would benefit both parties and promote a select few motels across from the park. Then they could say they have Value & Moderate resorts to offer.

DL will never be able to offer what WDW does and frankly, I kinda wish they'd stop trying and just be happy with their never ending guests going through the gates and cater to their "audience". Just my 2 cents on it!

Just wanted to say hey and hope all is going well!! Still hoping/praying the money comes in.

Thank You!! I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with stress. Michayla is hitting her head to the point of leaving a huge bruise on her forehead. I had to take her to the dr because she was also smacking her hand (on the arm that broke) on walls, desks, etc and her hand was really swollen and bruised. They xrayed her hand but no broken bones. The dr did give us a wrist brace to help protect it. Her behaviors are really scaring me and I feel completely helpless in knowing what to do. We're waiting on insurance to approve outside therapy and hope it comes thru quickly!

Still no letter from the IRS saying our claim has been processed. Last time we did this we got the letter and then the check about 3 wks later. I'd really like to see that letter show up!! ::yes::

I'm not usually "absent" from my PTR's like I've been on here lately....but my heart just isn't into it right now....especially with everything up in the air.

As soon as I know anything new, I will post here....thank you for checking on me!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter