Invasion of the Bushwackers>>>>FINALLY, another update...8/11

Hey there! Looks like just about everybody beat me over here. :laughing: Your trip plans sound wonderful so far, I can't wait to see the pirate costume. :rotfl:

Great Pix. Love the "truck". Hope the plans come thru. ADR's can be such a pain. :headache: Last March, we made NO PLANS and had a blast. We just ate at ODD hours. It worked just fine.

Yay:yay: Waht a great way to start the morning! I have complete confidence that you will be able to pull off geeting an ADR at CM's:rolleyes1

Happy Sunday morning. DD says we can now count down on ONE hand. Will keep the phone lines busy for those ADRs.

Just keep on schmoozing to those CM's. Somebody’s bound to take pity on you and give you a table.

Maybe I can send a video with DD batting eyes. :rolleyes1

Hey there! Looks like just about everybody beat me over here. :laughing: Your trip plans sound wonderful so far, I can't wait to see the pirate costume. :rotfl:

Welcome. I am glad you made it over. More to come on the costume...popcorn::

Great Pix. Love the "truck". Hope the plans come thru. ADR's can be such a pain. :headache: Last March, we made NO PLANS and had a blast. We just ate at ODD hours. It worked just fine.

I might want to pull my trailer in case we need to haul the truck on it. :rotfl2: We also went with NO PLANS last Jan and too, had a blast. I might try the breakfast at CP instead. Did dinner there last year and enjoyed. Thanks for the tip with ODD hours. Will try that @ DTD (and maybe a magarita or 2) :banana:

Great job changing those ADRs!! :worship: Crystal Palace has a great Breakfast! the cinnamon puffed french toast is awsome!! ::yes::

Sorry about the delay. I was up @ 4:30 this morning and working on the lastest update for this report for over an hour and almost 2 pages in MSword. then after I copies, pasted and added pix just before I "viewed post" my computer LOCKED UP and would not do A THING. :furious: Of course I did not save anything yet, I was still working with it. the only respose I could get was to shut it off. :badpc: Needless to say, I lost everything. Now I have to attempt to redo everything. Wish me luck and pray for the laptop as to not throw it accross the office. :mad:

DARuss said:
Yea! More Disney freaks, I mean fans, yeah, that’s it.

Watch it!!! Lots of us Disney freaks around here :teeth:

Love the CM pics :thumbsup2

Sorry bout your computer troubles :headache:

>>>>>>>>>>change of plans<<<<<<<<<

My measly attempt at a cliff hanger seems to have failed here. It’s a good thing I don’t depend on this kinda thing for an income. :sad2:

I tried to lie, cheat, steal and bribe (all the things that you are taught not to do) to get an ADR at CM but no luck there. :sad2: It is time to go to plan E since plans A, B, C and D have failed. I haven’t given up yet. When we get to the world maybe I can threaten them in person (or attempt to get DD to give “sweet eyes”). :flower3: Anyway, we still want to do a CB so Plan E is get ressies @ CP. We have had to dinner @ CP before an enjoyed and I hope we will have the same luck for breakfast. :thumbsup2

I still don’t want a big breakfast on back to back days so that eliminates Tuesday and Thursday since we have breakfast @ the castle on Wednesday. We have the late night on Saturday with PPP so that rules out Saturday and Sunday. Pretty much only leaves Monday or Friday. We are leaving Friday morning so Monday is our first choice. Lets give this a try. Yes sir, we have a table for 8 at 7:30 or 9:25. WooHoo, give me the 9:25, the 7:30 is toooooo early for vacation. That’s done. No more ADRs till we get to the world. :banana:

It is time to advise the rest of the invaders of my executive compromise. "If that is the best you can do, we guess it will work." We will take this if it is all that is left, is the kinda feeling I am getting from my team. This is what we are doing and that’s, that! I am the KING of this journey, so there. :cool2:

Now I have to record the ressie in the PP book. Oh NOOOO. That is an EMH day @ the MK and a high crowd day according to UOG. :scared1: Oh well suck it up, cuz I ain’t changing this one. :sad2:

DD doesn’t care, she just likes to eat.
desertgardengrill.jpg

SEE!!
desertmakingGGsm.jpg

MORE CHANGES>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok, now I have to go by the Disney Store in NO on my way home to pick up the Jack Sparrow costume that clean lady is having held behind the counter, since it is the last one they have in my size. Not a problem, it is the middle of a weekday, there won’t be a bunch of people in the mall. Right? Wrong, yet again. It is lunch time a week and a half before Mardi Gras. Judging by the crowds in the Disney Store a lot of people are leaving New Orleans for WDW. Just my luck. Take a deep breath and get the package behind the counter. The nice lady hands me the package and I notice it is a YOUTH large. UHHH,,,,mam this is not an ADULT large. “Just a second”, she says. “Suzie, do we have an adult large in the Jack Sparrow Halloween costume?” Suzie, in a very irritated sounding voice, says “NO we don’t stock those kind of things in adult sizes.” That would not have been SO bad had Suzie not been on the other side of the very crowded store. Now everyone in the store is turning to see who in the world would be looking for something like that. With the line forming behind me there was nowhere to hide.

Now the problem was, “what am I going to tell DD?” It is too late to order it online now. It will never get here, in time. The nice lady behind the counter tells me about a party shop down the street. Thank goodness for Mardi Gras season in New Orleans, there is never a shortage of costumes around here.

I do find something. It is not the WHOLE costume, but it does have a bandanna with long hair, eye patch and an ear ring. I decided against the hat because I thought it would hide the bandanna. The big test, though, would be getting DD to approve of the change.

I thought about going to pick her up form school with it on but did not because I was not sure what some of the teachers might think about someone walking up to the school dressed like this. pirate: Also, I might be recognized, and I sure don’t want that to happen. :blush: That being said, when I get home with her, I don the new digs while she is changing clothes and wait patiently on her to notice…….Hey daddy that looks cool. You can put on a white tee shirt and blue jeans and it will be great. Whew! I was fearful of her suggesting that clean lady put make up on me or something. :rotfl:

A few pix @ CP
PoohKymCPsm.jpg

tiggerKymCPsm.jpg

PiggletKymCPsm.jpg

EeoreKymCPsm.jpg

KymiCastleCPsm.jpg

So far this is what is planned:
Friday(3 days from now, YEA)-Leave @ 1:30am. Arrival somewhere around 2:00pm at “Home” BWV.
Saturday-5:10pm ADR @ WCC. 7:00pm Pirate & Princess Party, yes we are doing this (while the rest of the wimps are @ DTD).
Monday- Breakfast @ CP …….dinner @ CR in Epcot (w/ special request).
Wednesday-Breakfast with Cinderella @ the Castle.
Friday-Depart our Happy Place back to reality. :sad:

UP NEXT>>>>>>>>>LAST MINUTE CHECKS BEFORE THE TRIP with LIVE updates, I hope

Wow, you are SO close!

I can't believe you got ADR for the Castle! I've tried and tried but I suck. :mad:

DAruss said:
I thought about going to pick her up form school with it on but did not because I was not sure what some of the teachers might think about someone walking up to the school dressed like this.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Not gud!

My strategy must be all wrong. Here's wut I do.

1. Wake up at noon about 22 days out.

2. Play Guitar Hero for 6 hours.

B. Call for ADR reservations

3. Am told it's sold out.

5. Tell Children there is no Santa

4. Drink Whiskey

6. Go to bed.

Wut am I doing wrong?? :confused3
Nothing, your doing nothing wrong,,it all sounds like a good plan,,I dont understand it either! :confused3 Keep doing it,so the rest of us can get the GOOD ADRs!! ;)

Looks like a great schedule, except what are you doing Tuesday and Thursday:confused3

ROOKIE!!! I`ve gotten in 3 years in a row! :banana:

:rotfl2:

4. Drink Whiskey

6. Go to bed.

:sad2:

4. Drink Whiskey

6. Go to bed.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

There is nothing I can add to this. :rotfl:

Well it is the night before we leave:cool1:
I am freaking out over the amount of stuff needed to go to the MAGICAL PLACE.

I have called my sis in law (LIL BIT) about 15 times tonight. I dont know
what I can do without as far as packing. :confused3

I am doing laundry:laundy:

I am washing dishes:scared:

I just decided... I am over it, I am bringing what I bring and if it is not enough or too much whatever, who cares I will be with Mickey and the Gang. :cheer2:

So this is my plan for tomorrow.

Clean up the house. Play with my animals, then run to town to pick up my last item. Hey while I am in town I may make Big Guy by me lunch. :banana:

My last item, I thought we bought a plug in thing for the truck for me to be able to bring my laptop. Well Big Guy says no we didn't, I think we did but we cannot find it.... so off to go buy another one. Who cares, another trip to town for Disney stuff:woohoo:

We should be back shortly with live updates... I hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter