Invasion of the Bushwackers>>>>FINALLY, another update...8/11

That picture of your daughter is great! It really does explain the feeling we all get- everytime we enter the world. =)

Invasions of the Bushwackers >>>>title subject to change

Hello fellow Disney fanatics. This is my first attempt at a report so wish me luck. :scared: Here is my story.

The reason for the title is because this trip will consist of 8 goofs, all of who live in a community in southeast Louisiana known as “Bush, LA” hence BUSHwackers. :upsidedow This team consist of 6 grown-ups, some of who (like yours truly) refused to grow up and two little ones. Might be a reason we love Disney as much as we do.

I guess I should attempt to introduce you to the Bushwhacker team. Ok, let’s start with me, y-knot, this is my report so I make the rules, rite? :worship: I am David (how original were my parents):hippie: and I am 41, and like I said, refuse to grow up. I made 4 trips to the world as a youngster beginning in ’73 at the age of 7 and the last time in 85 at the age of 18. In ’85 Epcot was still new but I did not go to Epcot. We had too much fun at the MK in the few days that we were there we did not feel the urge to go see a “world’s fair”,:teacher: after all, we just saw one in ’84 in New Orleans. The thing I think I miss most is 20,000 leagues under the sea. Enough about me, for now, more to come later.

DW, who is much, much older than I (she robbed the cradle) is 42. She is mother of two (DD23 & DD8) and works a “fulltime job”, in which she does not allow me to forget. :rolleyes1 Really, she is a very hard working medical professional and is a kinda neat freak. She is supper organized. When we are on vacation she is the one that will COMPLETELY unpack the suitcases and put all the clothes in the dressers and hang the “hang-ups” in the so called resort closet,:laundy: me on the other hand, will be happy living out of the suit case with the dirty clothes lying on the floor in the corner of the bathroom. :crazy2: Last Jan was her first ever trip to the world. I really loved watching her walk down Main Street USA the first afternoon we arrived. When we got to the castle I asked her what she thought. The only thing she said is that it was not what she was expecting. I asked her what she expected, an amusement park? She replied…..”UHH……. I guess so.” :confused3 I had attempted to talk her into DVC when we booked that trip but she kept saying she did not think she would want to vacation at Disney THAT much. Needless to say, we bought into DVC by May and she is already talking about adding more points soon. Woohoo, she is hooked.:banana: :banana: :banana: The closer we get to our trip this year, she is getting more and more excited. She is already packed and it is still 12 days out. More to come on my “cleaning-beauty bride”

The youngest of our part of the clan is DD8. She is definitely a “daddy’s girl”! She was born about 22 months POST – vasectomy. After a quick trip back to the doctor’s office, I found out that, in fact, I was not “shooting blanks”.:scared1: The entire time DW was pregnant we referred to the baby as the “miracle baby”. This was early summer 1999 so I kept telling DW she was going to have the “miracle baby” as the "millennium baby". Well….our “miracle babe” was born on Christmas day. :santa: I took that as a sign that we were meant to have this blessing. She, too, went to Disney for the first time last year. I think I had more fun with her and her mom than they had themselves. :yay: Here is a pic of DD8 shortly after we arrived at, then, MGM.
image27med.jpg
[/IMG]
Up next>>>More of the Bushwackers

OK Dolce27, this one is for you. I finally got around to loading some of the pix. I don't have any acceptable ones of us together rite now :rolleyes1

DW (clean lady) and DD @ 50's Prime Time last year.
LeeKym50s.jpg

Me & DD, I have no idea where. At Disney, somewhere.
DadKym-sm.jpg

I do have plenty of pix from our Jan 07 trip that I plan on posting, if it doesn't scare too many people. :scared1: Not to worry, not many of me :thumbsup2 mostly of DD princess: I will try to get some of the rest of the crew too. :cheer2:

I loved that restaurant! It's soo homey and cute and funny! It's one of my alltime FAVS!:worship:

blue_river- I love your quote under your disboard name.. its seriously true. Even though my DF loves disneyworld.. he says I'm crazy.. and whenever I say I have something to tell you- he says "what about disney world?" hehe I can't help I'm excited for a trip back as our honeymoon! It's been almost 3 years.. I'm going CRAZY or NUTS in your wording!

Run-Away Honey Do List

Yesterday was a HUGE honey-do day for me.:laundy:

Just before I get DD off to school and DW off to work. DW, in her sweetest of sweet voices says to me… "Honey, since your are going to be in town to put my truck in the shop, can you do a few things for me???" I left the list on the counter for you to do while you are in town. :teacher: Then gives me a BIG kiss :love2: and leaves out the door for work, “have a great day” she yells as she gets in MY truck, smiling as she drives away. :drive:

I noticed that it was rolled up. Not a big deal. I thought DD may have been playing with it and rolled it around something. After DW left for work, I picked it up to look at it but only held it with two fingers. The bottom of it dropped. No problem, OK. The problem was, it (the bottom of it) fell all the way to the floor and I still had the top of it in my hand. Worse yet, it didn’t stop there! :scared1: It rolled all the way across the living room and halfway down the hall like a run-away roll of toilet paper in the stall of Walmart with no replacement, I had to run and dive on it to keep it from going out the door and down the steps. WHEW!

I was only gone for 8 days. How can there be so much to do? :confused3 She must sit up at night thinking of things to keep me busy while she is “working a fulltime job” (One of her favorite things to inform me of). :duck:

I even took my laptop to town with me so I could attempt to catch up on my report. In case I had some down time. :rotfl2: Yeah, like that was going to happen with THIS scroll. :sad2:

I tell you this because I did not have a chance to post my next installment. Not that I have to. It looks like ya’ll were having fun without me.

Oh, That reminds me I was suppose to have my MIL's brake lines checked last week...:confused3

Ooops, :lmao:

Hi David (my DH's name too!) your DD is so gorgeous in that first photo and I noticed too that there weren't any photos of you so I'm glad you posted :goodvibes

You do know you're in for truble now that DM, Buzz and Heidi are here right! :rotfl2:

Hey :headache: :rotfl2:

Thanks bout DD, I think so too.:snooty: DW not happy about her pic though :duck: again. I am starting to act like Sugar Ray.

But please remember, DARuss, your TR will be much MUCH more entertaining if you don't listen to him. And remember, you want to entertain your audience. (us!) ;)

I have become pretty efficient at getting in trouble (entertaining) without even tring.:confused3

Pipe-down Ed! :mad:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Wait,,,, huh? :confused3 Pass the wine. ;)

:drinking: Here, catch, :bored: :drinking1

Wow. I'm a nobody on the TR boards but even I know that you now have the big dogs over here on your pre-trippie. I'm impressed.

I'll guess that I'll just sit back and popcorn::

This should be one entertaining ride. :teeth:

I hope it is entertaining. Only not at my expense. :rotfl:

Aww shucks,,,Thanks for noticin me....:lmao:

Everybody loves Ed!;)

Your dd is so beautiful in that first picture!:cutie:

Thank You. DW likes you, she says. :thumbsup2

AHEM!! Jo,, :rolleyes1

Hooboy. Better hang on tight. :eek:

That picture of your daughter is great! It really does explain the feeling we all get- everytime we enter the world. =)

You too.:love: Makes daddy proud:cloud9: As long as she stays off the sugar late at night:hyper:

I loved that restaurant! It's soo homey and cute and funny! It's one of my alltime FAVS!:worship:

We loved it too. I even got fussed at. Yes, I had my hands together with my chin resting on top of them, talking to DW after finishing the app (that is not included this year in DP) when "Mom" walked around the corner and said "GET YOUR ELBOWS OFF THE TABLE, YOUNG MAN". :scared: DD could not stop laughing. "Daddy got fussed at, Daddy got fussed at.":sad2:

Hi DARuss and stacgirl!
Just had to come on over to your party! Enjoying it so far, can't wait to read more!

Maybe you should get your bodyguard to be a DISer too... then he could lurk here and toss certain people out of the club when they get too rowdy. :lmao: Good luck keeping control!

S'ok, I love to read it... it gets so entertaining when they run away with TR's. :rotfl:

You do know you're in for truble now that DM, Buzz and Heidi are here right! :rotfl2:
Aww shucks,,,Thanks for noticin me....:lmao:
I don't see your name mentioned ...

Wow. I'm a nobody on the TR boards but even I know that you now have the big dogs over here on your pre-trippie. I'm impressed.
I think I like you! :goodvibes Now sit back and learn from the pro's ...

I tell you this because I did not have a chance to post my next installment. Not that I have to. It looks like ya’ll were having fun without me.
Me thinks it's in your best interest to get up an other installment pronto ... :rolleyes1

It rolled all the way across the living room and halfway down the hall like a run-away roll of toilet paper in the stall of Walmart with no replacement, I had to run and dive on it to keep it from going out the door and down the steps. WHEW!

Oops, I kinda lost control of my typing too.
that is what I should have said.

I love your honey do list!:rotfl:
I gave my dh one this morning! Right now he's in town shopping with my two youngest. I told him if we were going to be able to go out tonight I needed to get stuff done around the house. I just didn't mention I could do it in 15 minutes!;)

>>>>>>>>>>>>Surprise, A New Addition<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And now back to our regularly scheduled program:

At this point we are within 6 weeks of our departure for the Happy Place. Once again Clean Lady calls me to inform me of a looming situation. :confused: She says that Stacgirl’s brother and Lil-Bit would like to make a trip to WDW before they decide to bring their own mess-makers into this thing we call life on earth. :hug:

Stacgirl is not sure if they will be able to get ressies this late. Clean Lady asked me if we would have room for them with us, and would I want to invite them to say with us. I’m thinking, WooHoo, we gonna Par-Tay.!! party: “If they want to get on the DP and don’t mind sleeping on a sofa sleeper I guess it's alright”. :rolleyes1 Great, she says, I told them you wouldn’t mind. :sad2:

Now we need to have the first of our “Disney Meetings”. ;) When I get home this time I am notified that we are going to Big Guy’s and Stacgirl’s to get together with Lil Bit and her DH (still no name???) to talk about our trip to the world. Yea! More Disney freaks, I mean fans, yeah, that’s it. :banana:

We go over to Big Guy’s place to meet with everyone just to make sure we are all on the same page. "We will take our truck and we want to join ya’ll with your ADR’s”, Lil Bit’s DH says. Great. Not a problem, I say. :eek:

Here is a pic of Lil Bit's DH and their truck. :goodvibes
12-30-2006022.jpg

All the “fun” I had getting these ressies and now I have to go back and try to change them. Ok! The Castle should not be a tough one, since we had to do 2 tables anyway. All they have to do is put two more cabooses in the chairs that are already at the table. Right? Make that call and what do you think happens? Yes Sir, we can do that, thank you. Whoa. Was expecting more trouble than that. Maybe they finally are giving me the respect that I deserve. :cool2: If I could only convince Clean Lady of the same??? :lmao:

Time to call WCC. I hope we can do the same with this one. “Yes Sir, not a problem. Have a magical day”. I think I am beginning to like this respect thing. :woohoo: Now to call Debbi at The Coral Reef. How much would a change in size of the party affect our “special request”??? Well, since I have this respect thing working, let’s give it a shot. After 3 phone calls and 2 emails, I finally get through. We may have to get 2 tables but it can be done. Ok, 2 tables will work. Wow, so far so good. We are set. :cool1:

But first, more ADR’s,,, maybe: Suggestions accepted.

After racking the noggin about how many and which ADR’s to make, I have made all the right moves. That is, until I talk to Michelle @ DVC. After talking for several minutes, she tells me that if we are going to do CM we better make ADR’s QUICK because they go fast. Oh no, I need another Disney meeting to decide which morning we want this, and we DO want this one, clean lady says!!!

No time to waste. I have to make an executive decision!! We already have breakfast @ the castle for Wed morning and I don’t want a big breakfast on back to back mornings. That being said, we are limited to Monday morning or Friday morning before we leave the world for reality. Well, to make a long story short. The respect thing ran out. :sad2: There are absolutely no tables for 8 available for our entire trip. :headache: "We do have 2 tables of 4 on Tuesday morning at 7:00 am" the operator suggest. :scared1: Are you kidding lady, 7 AM, we ARE on vacation!!! No way are we getting up at 5:30 or 6:00 just to watch Mickey and his friends run around the place stealing our napkins and wave them in the air. I can do that anytime. "Well sir, you can keep calling back in case there is a cancelation." Oh well, there goes the roll-over minutes.

I inform the rest of the team about our impending situation. Their reply is, “let us know when you get the ressie after someone cancels”. At least Stacgirl and Clean Lady say this. So much for that respect idea here. Maybe I should attempt to call CM’s instead of the Dinning plan phone line? I dunno. DD really liked it when Mickey took her napkin last year and Goofy sat next to us and propped his feet on the table next to us. I am going to have to find some strings to try to pull. :flower3: Maybe it can be DD’s birthday??? :ssst: Or is that one OVER-used? What if I can’t get CM’s. What can I do then? I heard about another CB over at the Beach Club. Maybe I can substitute that one? :scratchin Stay Tuned>>>>>>>>>

Mickey looking for DDs napkin.
KymMickeyCMsm.jpg

DD and Minnie fighting over Mickey.
KymMinnieCMsm.jpg

I think Pluto is hungry?
KymPlutoCMsm.jpg

BIG feet. :eek:
GoofyCMsm.jpg

Still to come,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yay:yay: Waht a great way to start the morning! I have complete confidence that you will be able to pull off geeting an ADR at CM's:rolleyes1

Just keep on schmoozing to those CM's. Somebody’s bound to take pity on you and give you a table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter