Invasion of the Bushwackers>>>>FINALLY, another update...8/11

DARuss

Tag. You're it.
Invasions of the Bushwackers >>>>title subject to change

Hello fellow Disney fanatics. This is my first attempt at a report so wish me luck. :scared: Here is my story.

The reason for the title is because this trip will consist of 8 goofs, all of who live in a community in southeast Louisiana known as “Bush, LA” hence BUSHwackers. :upsidedow This team consist of 6 grown-ups, some of who (like yours truly) refused to grow up and two little ones. Might be a reason we love Disney as much as we do.

I guess I should attempt to introduce you to the Bushwhacker team. Ok, let’s start with me, y-knot, this is my report so I make the rules, rite? :worship: I am David (how original were my parents):hippie: and I am 41, and like I said, refuse to grow up. I made 4 trips to the world as a youngster beginning in ’73 at the age of 7 and the last time in 85 at the age of 18. In ’85 Epcot was still new but I did not go to Epcot. We had too much fun at the MK in the few days that we were there we did not feel the urge to go see a “world’s fair”,:teacher: after all, we just saw one in ’84 in New Orleans. The thing I think I miss most is 20,000 leagues under the sea. Enough about me, for now, more to come later.

DW, who is much, much older than I (she robbed the cradle) is 42. She is mother of two (DD23 & DD8) and works a “fulltime job”, in which she does not allow me to forget. :rolleyes1 Really, she is a very hard working medical professional and is a kinda neat freak. She is supper organized. When we are on vacation she is the one that will COMPLETELY unpack the suitcases and put all the clothes in the dressers and hang the “hang-ups” in the so called resort closet,:laundy: me on the other hand, will be happy living out of the suit case with the dirty clothes lying on the floor in the corner of the bathroom. :crazy2: Last Jan was her first ever trip to the world. I really loved watching her walk down Main Street USA the first afternoon we arrived. When we got to the castle I asked her what she thought. The only thing she said is that it was not what she was expecting. I asked her what she expected, an amusement park? She replied…..”UHH……. I guess so.” :confused3 I had attempted to talk her into DVC when we booked that trip but she kept saying she did not think she would want to vacation at Disney THAT much. Needless to say, we bought into DVC by May and she is already talking about adding more points soon. Woohoo, she is hooked.:banana: :banana: :banana: The closer we get to our trip this year, she is getting more and more excited. She is already packed and it is still 12 days out. More to come on my “cleaning-beauty bride”

The youngest of our part of the clan is DD8. She is definitely a “daddy’s girl”! She was born about 22 months POST – vasectomy. After a quick trip back to the doctor’s office, I found out that, in fact, I was not “shooting blanks”.:scared1: The entire time DW was pregnant we referred to the baby as the “miracle baby”. This was early summer 1999 so I kept telling DW she was going to have the “miracle baby” as the "millennium baby". Well….our “miracle babe” was born on Christmas day. :santa: I took that as a sign that we were meant to have this blessing. She, too, went to Disney for the first time last year. I think I had more fun with her and her mom than they had themselves. :yay: Here is a pic of DD8 shortly after we arrived at, then, MGM.
image27med.jpg

Up next>>>More of the Bushwackers

Ok, where did I leave off? Oh yeah, the 2nd clan in the Bushwacking journey.

Part II of the introduction of the Bushwackers.:teacher:

Big-Guy. I call him this because he is the bodybuilder on the team, therefore he is OUR bodyguard for this trip, we may need one with this crew. He is the “CCC” (cool, calm & collected):cool2: one in this part of the team, another good reason for him to be our bodyguard. Although, he does like to play in the mudd :moped: on the weekends. Big-Guy lived in central FL for a while. I don’t know how long, I just know that he used to live “not too far” from the world. Needless to say, he has been to WDW several times. Different this time, is this is his first time as a married man and with his son. We are going to PPP on the 2nd night of our stay and I don’t know if I can get him to put on a pirate costume or not (I did say he is the CCC). My DD8 has requested that I don a costume for the evening pirate: (no pix allowed) since she is going to be in her Princess costume. princess: This maybe another time when a bodyguard might come in handy. Really, Big-Guy is a cool guy and his DW did gud landing him, she would say that he didn’t do too bad either!:flower3:

Stacgirl—Then there is stacgirl, what can we say……..she is another Disney crazed grown-up refusing to do so. She works and plays with animals all day, even lives with some too.:rolleyes1 She took their Christmas tree down Christmas night so she could make more room for her “Disney stuff”.:yay: She is probably the best thing that has happened to her stepson. I think she has spent more money on him for this trip than she spent on this trip. Either that or it is a cover-up for her obsession.::yes:: She really loves her “lil man”:hug: ! We made her suffer last year by asking her to pet sit for our 4-legged family member that we could not take with us to WDW. :sad1: It may have been torture on her knowing where we were. Now we are in need of another “sitter”. Stacgirl has volunteered her mom, isn’t that sweet of her. This too will be her first time as a married woman.:bride: She has been before but I am not sure how many times or when it was. Stacgirl will more than likely be our spokesperson on this vacation, if we need one. She is really a sweetheart with a heart bigger than herself. Big-Guy and Stacgirl did gud!

KevinStaceysm.jpg

Now to the “Lil-Man”. This man is a ball of energy that never stops. :hyper: He is 6 (I think) and goes to school with my “daddy’s girl” and has never been to the Happy Place. Daddy’s girl can’t wait to show him around Disney, since she is such a veteran. :rotfl: I have never seen lil man slow down except in church for a while. When he gets going he is like the Tasmanian devil with a big smile on his face. Not that he is a mess maker, just fast, all out and loveable. You can see his personality just by looking at him.

With all the things that we have ready to bring just for the traveling part of the trip (mostly from stacgirl) we may need to get a u-haul. We hope this will prevent all, or most, of the “are we there yet”s and the “how much longer” questions on our 10-11 hour drive.:drive:

Logan.jpg

Coming Soon<<<<<<<The Final Instalment of Our Introduction:popcorn::

Wow........ I am almost as popular here as I am at home.:upsidedow I will continue to humor myself, not a tough task:rotfl:

Coming up shortly will be the last of the introductions then the brief PTR. I will be looking for some suggestions here too. I hope those of you that do stop by might offer some assistance, criticism accepted.:scared: but compliments prefered :lmao:

Be Right Back

Isn't your 23 year old dd going. I have a 23 year old dd that has graduated college and she loves to travel, especially when mom and dad are paying. How come you are driving, are you afraid of flying?

Invasion of the Bushwackers>>>>>>>>>Now the 3rd Installment of, "Who are You"!!!

The remaining two of the invasion are just past their first anniversary. :cloud9: They were wise enough to spend their honeymoon/disneymoon at WDW last Jan. They too, are young at heart and are not in a hurry to grow up. This has become a requirement for our mission. :goodvibes She is kinda quiet (at least around me) and is the smallest of the big people, so I think I will call her “Lil-Bit” for now (until she catches me and forces me to change her name).:duck:

I have not come up with a name for Lil-Bit’s DH yet. :scratchin He was a pretty smart groom to take is new bride to WDW on a honeymoon. He is stacgirl’s brother and is just about as goofy for Disney as she is (and I guess the rest of us too). He and Lil-Bit just bought a new house, 2 weeks before we leave. Are they nuts??? :scared1: Not to worry, stacgirl confiscated their Disney stuff before the move so none of it would get lost. :woohoo: They do not have any children together, yet, which is the reason I think they hitched a ride with the rest of us (to use the kids as a cover-up).:rotfl2: I think this may be their last trip before they DO have small ones of their own. They are a very good lookin couple that I always see with smiles. Almost too happy. :hug:

JimmyKatie.jpg

We all enjoy spending time together, usually involving BBQ & beer/wine/daiquiris :drinking1 and maybe an LSU football game. We have had one “Disney meeting” already and are working on another one before our departure to make sure that we don’t forget anything. Yeah, like that is going to happen with this crew.

Next on the Horizon>>>>>>>>>The Statagy Begins :scratchin

Hey, I'm on board and can't wait to read about the rest of the clan. ;)

Hey Welcome aboard, thanks for posting. I just posted the remaining members of our clan. I will start on the pre-trip soon.popcorn::

Isn't your 23 year old dd going. I have a 23 year old dd that has graduated college and she loves to travel, especially when mom and dad are paying. How come you are driving, are you afraid of flying?

DD23 just got a new job and can't get time off yet. She is already talking about next trip. Yes mom and dad DO pick up the bill:sad2:

Not afraid of flying, fly every week. We kinda enjoy the drive, :moped: except for the part between P'cola and Tallahassee. A lot of trees.:bored: We leave early (around 1:30am) and stop around Pensacola for breakfast, about 4 hours into our trip. That puts us in the world around 1:00pm. Just in time for check in.:cool1:

Hello everyone, it is Stacgirl ! ! !:love:

I love reading my own Pre Trip report. :lmao:

I am so excited about my trip I cannot stop watching the countdown clock.

O.k. since I only have my stepson every other weekend, we HAD to go shopping this past weekend for Logan's suitcase for Disney. He had to get the camo one of course. He is a BOY ! ! ! ;)

On to Shoe Carnival for the perfect shoes for the family. :banana:

Today I decided to go find some activites for the kids to do during the 10 hour drive. I went to "Dollar Tree" not sure where they have them but for the people who don't know the store, everything in the store is $1.00.:cool1:

Well about 15 minutes in the store I had already spent $50.00 :rolleyes1
I promise the kids will not get bored. I was amazed at the stuff they had there with the "Disney" theme.
I got stickers, Pirate and Princess notebooks, Glow Sticks etc.....
I think I did a wonderful job.

Well I have about 10 more days to stare at all of the Disney stuff on the table.

I love all of my Bushwackers and cannot wait until we leave !!!:grouphug:

Invasion if the Bushwackers>>>>>>The Strategy Begins

Alright, we finally decided on how many DVC points we want to start with... Then change our minds and get more. If we still want more, we will add later.:thumbsup2

Now, we know we want to stay at BWV, DW’s loves Epcot, but how long and when???? :confused: We do know that we want to go in Jan because of the crowds. We thought about going the 12th – 19th but after a little research, I learn that is the same weekend of the marathon. Can’t do that, don’t want the crowds. Ok, lets try the next week. More research….MLK holiday weekend. Nope, still big crowds. Maybe we should re-think this timing thing???? :confused3 OK one more try. The next week????? Little research, nothing scheduled. Woohoo! Jan 25 – Feb 1. Hope DD’s teacher will be ok with it. Glad DD takes after Clean Lady and is a very good student,:teacher: whew.

Humm….who do we sucker into this adventure with us? How about family? Mmmmm. :scared1: NO!! Family is family, not always friends. They (our families) tend to get on your nerves too easily if we spent too much time together. Besides we are doing a family thing in July @ Gulf Shores. No need to do it twice in the same year. Right? Maybe next year. Didn’t take long to make plans with Big-Guy and Stacgirl. They were already looking to go to the world. But stacgirl is our pet sitter. Who will take care of brownie (my lil buddy)??? Stacgirl so gererously offered her mother’s service. After all she does live right around the corner and LOVES my lil buddy. Ok, Big-Guy, Stacgirl & Lil man are going with us. That’s done! :cheer2:

So now we need (or have a good reason for) a 2 BR villa. What view do we want,,,standard, boardwalk, pool,,, is there a bad view at BWV???? Any suggestions? popcorn:: Which views go first, how many points do I want to use, will I get what I want??? Since this is not my “home” resort, I have to wait for the 7 month window. Does it really matter what view we have? Don’t plan on spending a lot of time in the “home” anyway. I think we will shoot for a standard view and save points for next trip in case we decide to go crazy next time. My rules, remember! :cool2: The Boardwalk view would be really cool though. We could do some sight-seeing from the balcony.::yes::

I think I want AP this year and plan next year’s trip a week, or maybe an month (Christmas) earlier. I do like the convience of having the room key, pass & DDP all in one, though. Can't do this with AP. Not sure if we can get DDP without MYW tickets? More research. :teacher: I don’t think I did this much research in school. :sad2:
Too bad I didn’t know about DISboards when I started this wacked-out expedition. I believe member services recognizes my voice now. :scared:

OK, this is what I have for now:

7 nights at BWV Friday Jan. 25th – Feb. 1st in a 2 BR villa standard view room with DDP and MYW passes with park hopper for 6 "grown-ups" and 2 small ones.

Boardwalk.jpg

UP NEXT>>>>>>Do I Really Want to Dress Like Jack Sparrow>>>>How Much Fud Can We Eat in One Week?

David,
Sounds like a good plan, looking forward to hearing about your trip.

We stayed in the BWV back in August of 2005 and had a really good time.

We really liked the close proximity to Epcot our favorite park.

Hope you have a good trip and remember the first rule of trip reporting

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

David,
Sounds like a good plan, looking forward to hearing about your trip.

We stayed in the BWV back in August of 2005 and had a really good time.

We really liked the close proximity to Epcot our favorite park.

Hope you have a good trip and remember the first rule of trip reporting

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

Epcot =gud

Pictures=gud rule:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
bought half a case of batteries & recargeable one too :thumbsup2

Oh I have had those "disney meetings" before. In October, we had 9 that went and had several meetings throughout last year.

Subbing. I can't wait to read more.

The picture above of your daughter is precious. By the way, I noticed that every one’s picture is posted except for you and your wife….:rolleyes1

Oh I have had those "disney meetings" before. In October, we had 9 that went and had several meetings throughout last year.

I kinda got laughted at, at first. :sad2: But like I said above, we ARE disney fanatics. It really just an excuse to get together to talk about disney :cool1: Thanks for posting. Stay tuned I don't know how this is gonna go, but with any luck it might get crazy in here :happytv:

Subbing. I can't wait to read more.

The picture above of your daughter is precious. By the way, I noticed that every one’s picture is posted except for you and your wife….:rolleyes1

Thanks, she looks just like her daddy :angel: except she is cute :rotfl2:

I was hoping no one would notice that I was missing. I am working on a pic of DW. New laptop and need to get pix from old one :rolleyes: It is my intent to show plenty of pix and even try a LIVE report from the epicenter(spelling?). popcorn::

OK Dolce27, this one is for you. I finally got around to loading some of the pix. I don't have any acceptable ones of us together rite now :rolleyes1

DW (clean lady) and DD @ 50's Prime Time last year.
LeeKym50s.jpg

Me & DD, I have no idea where. At Disney, somewhere.
DadKym-sm.jpg

I do have plenty of pix from our Jan 07 trip that I plan on posting, if it doesn't scare too many people. :scared1: Not to worry, not many of me :thumbsup2 mostly of DD princess: I will try to get some of the rest of the crew too. :cheer2:

Man the weather turned overnight. Does not look like I will be able to get a flight in today. Too windy. Winds are about 30-40 knots rite now. :eek: Hopefully tommorrow. :confused3 Happy place, Happy place. At least when I do get in, I don't have to go back to work untill AFTER our invasion. :banana:

vent done

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter