• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Indulging yourself...where the cost is worth it!

Poster above mentioned the cost for Pirates and Pals @ 150 per person, I have this scheduled and I was under the impression it was about 70 for each adult. If its 150 per person, I need to cancel real quick. There will be 7 of us going. That's about the cost of the entire stay on site for one of the rooms.

Also, Hoop Dee Doo is awesome, then afterwards go to the beach and watch the water electric parade and you can also see some of the fire works.

Afternoon tea at the garden view tea room because i deserve. You can call me her majesty lol!

A Disney jewelpop - the one i choose in May
$_35.JPG

I am a Kameleon jewelry lover

Pick a pearl because it's fun!
My friend and I did the Tea---it was well worth the money and quite pleasant. But I don't consider it a once in a lifetime. I will do it again.

If you go offsite it's fun to visit a Disney park part of the day and then another park or attraction the other part. It gets pricey but we had a blast floating around like that one year.

Also, I agree that you should do the Christmas party. It's more crowded but it's still a lot of fun.

I have to be generic and say your resort.

Just did a solo trip a week ago and splurged on WL. Yes a deluxe room for just me.

Worth it.

It's your retreat from the parks and the hustle and bustle. You sleep here for 6-8 hrs.

I don't regret spending the extra $166 per night to stay here. Well worth it!

Any of the 'extra' events at Food and Wine. I've done the Mexican Tequila Lunch, the Italian Food and Wine Lunch, the French Grand Marnier Dessert event, the French Parisian Breakfast, as well as the Party for the Senses. All of these events were a bit pricey...but worth it. I feel like they go out of the way to make things extra special for their guests. I've also done the Star Wars Weekend Feel the Force package. On all occasions I have felt like it was worth it.

To some people, the amount of money would not be - but knowing the costs of Disney...you sort of just have to accept it, and do the splurge and just enjoy it.

So enjoy whatever you choose - there are so many, the key is to just know that you are there to enjoy and that it's something special that you chose to do. So have FUN and ENJOY!

Really comes down to how a person defines indulgence. I have done the Chef's Table at V and A's- probably the single best experience at WDW. Staying on property at the different club levels comes in right there as well. Dinner at California Grill with a window table to see the fireworks is in there too. Cirque is in there, too. Could go on and on- but PPs have hit on most everything special at WDW. There are many fun things at WDW- but only a small amount of true indulgences.

Poster above mentioned the cost for Pirates and Pals @ 150 per person, I have this scheduled and I was under the impression it was about 70 for each adult.

You were right the first time. It's about $70 for adults and $40 for kids. Should be a good night for sailing!

While costs vary on different things, I highly suggest everyone take some time to enjoy some of the non-park activities including, but not limited to:

Horseback riding
Sailing
Speed boats
Golf

There are many activities all around which we easily miss out on in our rush to visit the parks. But let's not forget that WDW is a full resort (one of many reasons for the cost associated with staying). While it is hard for some to imagine skipping the parks for a few hours, it can be highly rewarding AND relaxing to do just that!

Are any of those better at Disney than elsewhere? I'm blessed to live where all of those things are readily available and was wondering if there are extra special experiences at Disney in those areas.

I'll chime in with MVMCP just watching the toy soldiers march

Disney at Christmastime

A special order cake!

One "indulgence" that we did on our last trip that was well worth the money was sending our kids to a Child Activity Center while we had an adults only dinner. I want to say it's a minimum of $30 per kid ($15 per hour, 2 hour minimum per kid when we did it), but that included a dinner that they enjoyed for more then the Boma dinner that we would have taken them to instead. They got some down time, relaxing and playing with a few other kids and we got a break from being parents for a few hours.

I would definitely say dining at Be Our Guest. Its so beautiful outside and in and really transports you into the movie. The food is really good and it is the only place you can get a glass of wine or two. I love going there and getting wined and dined and making it in time for the fireworks. Makes it extra Magical :)

theme park view at the Contemporary (would love to make it club level someday)
eating at the Castle
specialty cakes for a milestone
The Halloween and Christmas parties...though reading reviews of these anymore they just don't sound like the experiences we've had!
Christmas...don't know if we'll ever make it back for Christmas, but will never forget it!

I was set to call & book an Illuminations Cruise, but now the private UK Dessert party has me intrigued! And we would still be in Epcot, and be ok to take WDW transportation back to the resort! It would simplify things considerably!

We have induldged twice with CL stays at the BC. We felt it was worth it for the extra pampering and the lounge to hand out in. This time we are indulging in Deluxe Dining so we can dine at signature restaurants and make our trip even more special, we are skipping CL this go round.

Are any of those better at Disney than elsewhere? I'm blessed to live where all of those things are readily available and was wondering if there are extra special experiences at Disney in those areas.

when I was in college, we decided to just pop over the the GF to rent some sea raycers......SO FUN......yes, they would probably be fun in other places, but you get to ride b the magic kingdom! and all the cool resorts! They are reasonably priced (for a resort destination) and its a nice change from parking it all week....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter