Indulging yourself...where the cost is worth it!

• Trader Sams (drinks with glass now run from $20-$50 each) but the effects & atmosphere are incredible
  • A hard ticket event like MNSSHP
  • Wild Africa Trek was an incredible extra when it first began. I got in on the ground floor in the first month or so of its opening. IMO the price now is prohibitive particularly if you are paying for a family.

character meals, nothing better then watching my daughter and niece interact with mickey, minnie, princesses etc

We splurged on the fishing excursion on our last trip and it was really fun! I really liked being on World Showcase lagoon without a soul in sight. We caught a ton of fish too. Caught my first fish in Disney...so that's a pretty special memory!

I always say splurge on good food and drinks down there. I try and budget at least one signature per trip.

Save on souvenirs. I get a Christmas ornament on every trip, but stay away from pretty much everything else.

And buying that Dooney and Bourke bag you fall in love with the first time you see it!!! :joker::joker::joker:
My wife did that...she liked them so well she bought us each one.....problem is.....neither of us EVER carry a purse....we aren't those kind of girls :rotfl2:So now I have a D&B bag hanging in my closet collecting dust.

I would vote for the Illuminations cruise. Oh, and I love using Memory Maker....then we all can be in the pictures.

I haven't read through all the responses, but 2 extras we splurged on last trip were the Hoop-de-doo Revue and the Pirates and pals fireworks cruise. Both were totally worth the price! Out of the whole trip these were my kids favorite things!

If cost wasn't a factor I would love to do any of the following:

1. Spa Services
2. Wild Africa Trek or the VIP tour
3. Having Grand Floridian as our resort for the entire length of our stay
4. multiple Signature Dining experiences
5. Fireworks cruise(s)
6. Become DVC members ::yes:: :thumbsup2

My top things. if you can at least do it once: Victoria and Alberts, Any of the Parties, any of the backstage tours or Safari

If you were to tell someone visiting WDW to do one thing that is considered expensive but definitely worth the cost, what would it be? In other words, if there was one thing you would say to "save and spend the money on, because it's worth it", what would that be?

Think of it as a once in a lifetime experience. For example, some would say to be sure to eat once at V&A's. What other WDW "luxuries" are worth the expense for that once in a lifetime indulgence???

Keys to the Kingdom Tour

If you were to tell someone visiting WDW to do one thing that is considered expensive but definitely worth the cost, what would it be? In other words, if there was one thing you would say to "save and spend the money on, because it's worth it", what would that be?

Think of it as a once in a lifetime experience. For example, some would say to be sure to eat once at V&A's. What other WDW "luxuries" are worth the expense for that once in a lifetime indulgence???

Bibbiddi Bobbidi Boutique. People say it's expensive. I really have no idea where they get that idea. The basic package is $60 and includes hair, nails, make up, Princess sash and tote, and they get to keep all the make up and nail polish, and it includes the portrait session. Did I mention it's IN CINDERELLA'S CASTLE?! lol. Where we live, you easily drop $60 for an up-do, make up and nails, yes, even for little girls. So, I definitely think that's worth it.

I also felt like CRT was worth it, once at least. I wouldnt do it again, but, it was a nice experience to dine in Cinderella's castle, the food was great, and it was sooo nice to be able to meet 5 characters without having to stand in line. That alone was worth a lot. And really, the price wasn't any more than your typical fine dining restaurant, any place else. We paid $60 per adult. That's a pretty normal price for any fine dining place.

We also felt HDDR was WELL worth it. And in fact, we would do that again in a heart beat. It was a riot, and the food was great. One thing I would do next time however, is book the cheapest seats. If you go when it's not busy (earlier shows), if they don't think it's going to fill up, they'll sit you down on the main level anyways. So save yourself the extra cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter