Indulging yourself...where the cost is worth it!

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
If you were to tell someone visiting WDW to do one thing that is considered expensive but definitely worth the cost, what would it be? In other words, if there was one thing you would say to "save and spend the money on, because it's worth it", what would that be?

Think of it as a once in a lifetime experience. For example, some would say to be sure to eat once at V&A's. What other WDW "luxuries" are worth the expense for that once in a lifetime indulgence???

This is not super expensive, but to those who bring in there own bottled waters as to not pay the insane price for hydration....I completly get it, but in terms of an indulgent I highly recommend spending on an overpriced refresher net in magic kingdom of either a pineapple dole whip or a lafrues (spell?) brew. YUMMY and worth every cent!

If you were to tell someone visiting WDW to do one thing that is considered expensive but definitely worth the cost, what would it be? In other words, if there was one thing you would say to "save and spend the money on, because it's worth it", what would that be?

Think of it as a once in a lifetime experience. For example, some would say to be sure to eat once at V&A's. What other WDW "luxuries" are worth the expense for that once in a lifetime indulgence???

Wild Africa Trek

Dessert parties (any of 'em). The In-room celebrations. Getting a cake at one of the restaurants (EG A Chocolate Slipper at Cinderella's Castle)
Staying on-site.
Staying at club-level on-site.
Staying at a theme park view, club level, on-site...
:)

Dessert parties (any of 'em). The In-room celebrations. Getting a cake at one of the restaurants (EG A Chocolate Slipper at Cinderella's Castle)
Staying on-site.
Staying at club-level on-site.
Staying at a theme park view, club level, on-site...
:)

How was your experience with the in room celebration? I am considering it for our trip.

I will second the Dooney bags!

Afternoon tea at the garden view tea room because i deserve. You can call me her majesty lol!

A Disney jewelpop - the one i choose in May
$_35.JPG

I am a Kameleon jewelry lover

Pick a pearl because it's fun!

Great replies, keep them coming! What else would you say is "worth it to do at least once" despite it being "expensive"?

Staying on property, and if it is possible at one of the resorts where you can walk to one of the parks.

Eating at the table service restaurants that peak your interest.

Hard ticket events like MNSSHP or MVMCP.

Hoppers

Buying souvenirs to remember your trip by!
Agree, as well as any of the behind the scenes tours you're interested in

How was your experience with the in room celebration? I am considering it for our trip.

I will second the Dooney bags!

Mixed. I've done two. I did a princess celebration for my mom which turned out very well and another time did a welcome party for my sister which also went well but I didn't think that was quite worth the cost. Most of the gifts are long gone but the memories are the worthwhile part, it's cool coming back to your room to find it decorated and the surprise from it. (Except for the banners, they kept the banners!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter