In the Spirit of the Season

I was actually really surprised by how good Alex was with Zoe the ENTIRE trip. I mean in the airport there was the incident with the crayon and I though "oh no, here we go..2 weeks of this is not going to be fun" Howeer, there wasn't many more like that. Course, that doesnt mean Alex or Zoe were perfect on the trip..but...

And I was surprised by the pizza. I tend to have a couple requirements with pizza. The crust has to be good (ie, not hard, not soggy, not greasy) The sauce has to be good (ie. not too sweet, not too salty) From there it is hard to screw up on the toppings... so this fit the bill.

Oh that's good though... was this your first trip with just the 2 younger ones? Maybe that's why? Or maybe he's just maturing? Who knows, but it's nice to have times that they get along I can't understand that.... my parents probably would have enjoyed it too!

Yeah I don't like soggy bread, I like pizza with a crunch, but not hard and yes sauce is important! Here there is a place that makes it's own mozzarella and it is so good! It's called the pie at Salvatore's, but it's pretty far (like a 30-45 minute drive) so very rare that we eat there.

How was Zoe doing by the way? And what ever happened with your health? Are you good now? I hope so!

Sorry I have been missing over the last two days Ann, but I caught Tom's stomach bug and was down and out for 48 hours! :laughing:

Feeling better now I am all caught up - love the pics of Alex and Zoe with the "potatoheads"! :lmao:

Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Among all the mail that came while we were gone, was a mailing for DVC. Call..do the phone/internet tour and get a $40 gift card. While it would have been nice to get that for the trip... I am sure there will be other trips (at least I am hoping)

I have done the tour before, but this time I got more questions answered. Honestly, I am having a hard time seeing where it would be a good deal for us. I always go with some discount. (one that I don't have to pay for) The way I look at it, we would be paying about $100 a point to buy in and then about $4.73 a point for dues a year. I would then need to buy food and tickets.

I can see that at some point it will not be bad considering just paying dues + tickets + food.

Anyway... Steve actually before we got back had told me we should look into it. So it was worth looking into...but still thinking it may not be good for us. But...:woohoo: for getting a gift card!

As for DVC...it would be nice, for sure. Especially with my new desire to stay deluxe all the time. :rotfl:

As you can see, I am still mulling it over quite a bit. Did I mention I just paid my car off? So there is much more room in the budget for that (since we would definitely have to finance it) Oh.. and then there is the benefit of using the interest on our taxes. :scratchin

Yes, when I looked at the overall cost of the initial buy-in it occurred to me that it's kinda of around the same price as buying a new car. Maybe a bit more. When I thought about it like that, it didn't seem quite so crazy.

That said, I wouldn't want to have the regular payments right now. We're not in a place where that's best for us. I know we're spending a lot go to Disney right now, but we can stop whenever we want/need to. :-)rotfl: yeah, right...I can stop whenever I want...:lmao:) I know we won't continue going at this rate for much longer. But I'll enjoy it for now.

How nice to come back to your room and find that towel animal. That's what's so amazing about Disney...there's something magical around every corner and when things look down, they can often start looking up pretty quick! :goodvibes

Love the pictures of the kids with Mrs. Potato Head! The pizza looks delicious and so does the cup cake. I love that Alex said the Oreo had Disney Magic on it. ALL the food at Disney always tastes better due to the Magic!! :goodvibes

Disney food always does taste better... but it was certainly nice to have my teen aged son make this realization. :goodvibes

We had looked into DVC years ago. We don't mind staying at value resorts. We did the numbers crunch and for us DVC didn't work. My dh's job would give him off holidays and weekends. So most of our points would be spent at times that require more points.

Instead, we opted for an premium annual pass. Even when we lived up north, we would time our vacations 10 to 11 months apart. The savings we were able to use with the passes worked out better for us.

Over the years we have stayed at values for as low as $49, moderates for as low as $79. This year, the lowest we paid for a moderate was $103 per night, the lowest for a value was $53 a night, which will be our upcoming Feb stay.

The cheapest we have stayed at a DVC resort was $174 in Aug 2010 for a studio room. Now that same room is over $200 with the AP discount.

We also use our AP to get the Tables In Wonderland card at a discounted rate. I think TiW is available for DVC owners too, right? That saves us 20% off food and alcohol at participating restaurants and lounges.

I really appreciate your take on this. I always feel like I am missing something. To me, it almost seems like you are paying for the discount rather than getting a public offer or one that comes with an AP or through a pin. Does that make sense? I also wonder if for us it comes down to not going but once a year. Still, if I look at just the dues it makes the room 57 a night. That is excellent for deluxe accommodations. However for us we always always get either a room discount or fd. And...if not going with either thus needing to add the cost of the dp in, that is pretty costly. For us it would take the cost of the room+dp up to approx. 260 per night (approx 60 for the room and 200 for dp). Even going with a room discount and then paying for dp (instead of fd)... our room+dp cost would have been 400 this last trip and even though that is about 140 more per night... It would take over 100 nights to reach the cost of buying 160 points.

I digress however... maybe I still am missing something. Thank you though for allowing me to "type through" my thoughts with it.

Oh that's good though... was this your first trip with just the 2 younger ones? Maybe that's why? Or maybe he's just maturing? Who knows, but it's nice to have times that they get along I can't understand that.... my parents probably would have enjoyed it too!

Yeah I don't like soggy bread, I like pizza with a crunch, but not hard and yes sauce is important! Here there is a place that makes it's own mozzarella and it is so good! It's called the pie at Salvatore's, but it's pretty far (like a 30-45 minute drive) so very rare that we eat there.

How was Zoe doing by the way? And what ever happened with your health? Are you good now? I hope so!

It was our first trip as a family of 4.. and I do think that Alex was aware of my concerns with it. As frustrated as we get with our kids (especially our boys who are not very motivated..and I dare say their pictures are in the dictionary under slacker) they are good kids...and hopefully will turn into good men.

As for Zoe's health..well, we are under a week till she goes in. I am trying to prepare myself for those dreaded shared rooms where I feel as though we can't make a peep for fear of disturbing the other occupants. I have had such horrid experiences with room mates in hospitals it has me so nervous. I shouldn't be like this... I like people. I just hate sharing a room when my kid is in the hospital. I am in such a weird emotional state given that I am worrying about my kid... it is the last thing I want to have to worry about someone else's kid..or worse yet..their parent.

Lets give you a run down of my/our lovely room mates.

First - Was after I had Alex. WAY too much back story here...but suffice it to say I actually, literally almost died on the table...then they tried to kill me by giving me a blood transfusion that I reacted to... then my own body tried to give up again when my lungs filled with fluid...so needless to say things were a bit icky anyway. We were not room mates in the sense that we had beds in the same room...but a bathroom to share between us. Well for those of you who have had a baby...bathrooms can be a bit scary after ...and lets just say she wouldn't keep herself contained...and the hospital did nothing to help me so that I wouldn't have to attempt to kinda avoid/clean up after her.

Second - Zoe was a new born. We were placed door side in a room This gave window and heater control to the other parent. They spread out and pushed their belongings in along the curtain so that I could not even get a cot into Zoe's side of the bed. So I slept in a chair. Zoe was struggling to not become over heated since she was in a full body cast. They cranked up the heat to the point I was sweating. They informed us that we would not be allowed to have our older children (alex was 10 at the time) watch tv on our tv (ie. disney or nickelodeon) since they did not allow their children any tv time). Finally, the dad had had enough sharing a room with "the rice picker" and demanded to be moved. :eek: (assuming that is a racial slur against asian peoples..when are people ever going to get that I am not asian:confused:)

Third - After the first one, a new family moved in. Nice enough..maybe but very "colorful" in their language and LOUD. I guess mom was a bit intimidating too since she kinda started yelling at me about the bed I had and how she didn't have one like it... I think I was pretty tired by that point because I didn't really back down and just told her to take it up with the nurse cause it was the bed I was assigned to. Ultimately they also began stealing anything that wasn't nailed down. (including Zoe's special diapers that they would have no need for:confused:)

The next two were nothing but nice. They were during our last stay in June/July. However, I am sure it wasn't fun for them since I know I was very "on guard" and very closed off to them.

WAY more than you wanted... but it is on my mind when I think about her upcoming surgery. Well, that and the obvious worry surrounding her well being...how the surgery will turn out... how long she will be in the hospital... will she have to miss school... etc. ;)

My health..well.. I am fine. I won't go back in for more test for a little while. 6 months was it? I am not sure how long it has been...only a few, right? They said they would send me the stuff to remind me...and there have been no reminders. :goodvibes

Sorry I have been missing over the last two days Ann, but I caught Tom's stomach bug and was down and out for 48 hours! :laughing:

Feeling better now I am all caught up - love the pics of Alex and Zoe with the "potatoheads"! :lmao:

Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Oh no!!! I hope Tom feels better. And you? Are you feeling ok? I hate stomach bugs!!!

As for DVC...it would be nice, for sure. Especially with my new desire to stay deluxe all the time. :rotfl:

Yes, when I looked at the overall cost of the initial buy-in it occurred to me that it's kinda of around the same price as buying a new car. Maybe a bit more. When I thought about it like that, it didn't seem quite so crazy.

That said, I wouldn't want to have the regular payments right now. We're not in a place where that's best for us. I know we're spending a lot go to Disney right now, but we can stop whenever we want/need to. :-)rotfl: yeah, right...I can stop whenever I want...:lmao:) I know we won't continue going at this rate for much longer. But I'll enjoy it for now.

How nice to come back to your room and find that towel animal. That's what's so amazing about Disney...there's something magical around every corner and when things look down, they can often start looking up pretty quick! :goodvibes

I think you have a good point... you could stop going at any time. (kinda sounds like we all have a problem :rotfl2: I can stop at any time... ) Anyway... but there is truth to it. Funds... intentions... interests...if anything changed you could stop going on these disney trips. If you buy DVC then you do kinda find yourself obligated to go...or at bare minimum rent or give points away to be used.

Oh no!!! I hope Tom feels better. And you? Are you feeling ok? I hate stomach bugs!!!

Thank you, Ann. Tom is feeling a-okay again and I am well again too. Fun fact is that I usually get over things like this much easier than Tom, this time it was the other way around. The mere thought of food sent me over the edge. Thank god, I am over it now!

Disney food always does taste better... but it was certainly nice to have my teen aged son make this realization. :goodvibes

As for Zoe's health..well, we are under a week till she goes in. I am trying to prepare myself for those dreaded shared rooms where I feel as though we can't make a peep for fear of disturbing the other occupants. I have had such horrid experiences with room mates in hospitals it has me so nervous. I shouldn't be like this... I like people. I just hate sharing a room when my kid is in the hospital. I am in such a weird emotional state given that I am worrying about my kid... it is the last thing I want to have to worry about someone else's kid..or worse yet..their parent.

Lets give you a run down of my/our lovely room mates.

First - Was after I had Alex. WAY too much back story here...but suffice it to say I actually, literally almost died on the table...then they tried to kill me by giving me a blood transfusion that I reacted to... then my own body tried to give up again when my lungs filled with fluid...so needless to say things were a bit icky anyway. We were not room mates in the sense that we had beds in the same room...but a bathroom to share between us. Well for those of you who have had a baby...bathrooms can be a bit scary after ...and lets just say she wouldn't keep herself contained...and the hospital did nothing to help me so that I wouldn't have to attempt to kinda avoid/clean up after her.

Second - Zoe was a new born. We were placed door side in a room This gave window and heater control to the other parent. They spread out and pushed their belongings in along the curtain so that I could not even get a cot into Zoe's side of the bed. So I slept in a chair. Zoe was struggling to not become over heated since she was in a full body cast. They cranked up the heat to the point I was sweating. They informed us that we would not be allowed to have our older children (alex was 10 at the time) watch tv on our tv (ie. disney or nickelodeon) since they did not allow their children any tv time). Finally, the dad had had enough sharing a room with "the rice picker" and demanded to be moved. :eek: (assuming that is a racial slur against asian peoples..when are people ever going to get that I am not asian:confused:)

Third - After the first one, a new family moved in. Nice enough..maybe but very "colorful" in their language and LOUD. I guess mom was a bit intimidating too since she kinda started yelling at me about the bed I had and how she didn't have one like it... I think I was pretty tired by that point because I didn't really back down and just told her to take it up with the nurse cause it was the bed I was assigned to. Ultimately they also began stealing anything that wasn't nailed down. (including Zoe's special diapers that they would have no need for:confused:)

The next two were nothing but nice. They were during our last stay in June/July. However, I am sure it wasn't fun for them since I know I was very "on guard" and very closed off to them.

WAY more than you wanted... but it is on my mind when I think about her upcoming surgery. Well, that and the obvious worry surrounding her well being...how the surgery will turn out... how long she will be in the hospital... will she have to miss school... etc. ;)

My health..well.. I am fine. I won't go back in for more test for a little while. 6 months was it? I am not sure how long it has been...only a few, right? They said they would send me the stuff to remind me...and there have been no reminders. :goodvibes:

I love the Disney rice crispies. I don't think any other tastes quite as good... we might have used our 11 remaining snack credits on them :rolleyes1

That is a lot of really crap luck over the hospital rooms! I've never been to a LA hospital that a room had to be shared.. hmm. I've stayed in two of them and my family members have pretty much stayed in the other 2 or 3. Hmmm. But then again the rooms are only big enough for a single bed and a couch/sleeping pull out thingy.

Just make sure you go as soon as you get the reminder!

:)Finally caught up...I have to agree Alex has grown up this year so much! So much for the little teenager I have in my head! WOW! And of course I think Zoe gets cuter and cuter!

The tea party looks like so much fun. I have always wanted to do something like that with Ab. Maybe in a couple of years she would appreciate that...right now not so much. I think it killed her to be with us for 2 weeks straight, she did have glimmers here and there of the little girl I loved followed by long periods of the teen I would much rather not be around! Hmmmm....I like the idea of going with friends :rolleyes1

The medicine?! Yikes, but it sounds like everything went smoothly in replacing it!

I am enjoying you TR and looking forward to seeing your photos of Wilderness Lodge.

Ann, Your hospital roommate experiences sounds horrible :eek: Hopefully when Zoe goes in next week she gets a good roommate. The last thing you guys need to be worrying about are roommates! So i'm sending you some of these :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Oh gosh I just read about your hospital horror stories!! :scared1: Sending lots of good vibes and prayers for an uneventful hospital stay this go round. Y'all have been through enough as it is! :hug::hug:

I'm sorry about the bad roommates Ann:hug:! maybe this time she will have a little girl just as bright and free going as she is! Or hopefully you won't have to have too many more of these visits to find one:goodvibes

Yes get yourself checked out as soon as you get the reminder... it should be nearing 6 months soon no? From what I saw and hear in your PTR and TR you are really the rock in your family so that requires you to stay healthy!

Alex does seem nice and maybe with the family of 4 they were able to open up to each other more because it was just the 2 of them to see? But whatever the reason I'm glad that it happened!

Don't worry about thinking you gave too much information-- I wouldn't have asked if I didn't know I was going to read! I think that this is kinda like free therapy for all of us! A way to yell at the world without getting into trouble! It's great! I can understand your concerns though!:grouphug:

I love the Disney rice crispies. I don't think any other tastes quite as good... we might have used our 11 remaining snack credits on them :rolleyes1

I always say I am going to allow x amount of snacks a day... and some how I end up with ones to be used at the end. This time, I didn't get as many ricecrispies... lots of bags of gummies though. I swear my family LOVES them. (actually, it is my dh who seems to be addicted. :rolleyes:)

:)Finally caught up...I have to agree Alex has grown up this year so much! So much for the little teenager I have in my head! WOW! And of course I think Zoe gets cuter and cuter!

He did grow up quite a bit... but believe me he still had some very moody teen moments. We just are only on day 2 of the trip...and really, we haven't spent all that much time together as a family since day one was travel and the next day the guys and gals did separate things. Just wait. ;)
The tea party looks like so much fun. I have always wanted to do something like that with Ab. Maybe in a couple of years she would appreciate that...right now not so much. I think it killed her to be with us for 2 weeks straight, she did have glimmers here and there of the little girl I loved followed by long periods of the teen I would much rather not be around! Hmmmm....I like the idea of going with friends :rolleyes1

First, yes... going with friends is a great idea :thumbsup2

Second.. it won't be long before she only wants to spend time with you. It seems odd to me at times... just a short couple years ago, Kira was very testy with me...most of the time. Now we go out and do things together..and it is very very enjoyable. Ab will get there...she will.:hug:
The medicine?! Yikes, but it sounds like everything went smoothly in replacing it!

Yes, it did go rather smoothly. I was relieved!

Thank you, Ann. Tom is feeling a-okay again and I am well again too. Fun fact is that I usually get over things like this much easier than Tom, this time it was the other way around. The mere thought of food sent me over the edge. Thank god, I am over it now!

I am glad... I hate nothing more than stomach issues...so I feel horrible when I hear of anyone getting sick. I feel so bad for them!

I am enjoying you TR and looking forward to seeing your photos of Wilderness Lodge.

:welcome: I am glad you are enjoying it. I hope that I have some good pictures to share of WL... but I tend to take pictures when there is a lull...and usually I was on my way in or out at WL..

Ann, Your hospital roommate experiences sounds horrible :eek: Hopefully when Zoe goes in next week she gets a good roommate. The last thing you guys need to be worrying about are roommates! So i'm sending you some of these :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

:goodvibes They were enough to make me a bit nervous about sharing, that is for sure.

Oh gosh I just read about your hospital horror stories!! :scared1: Sending lots of good vibes and prayers for an uneventful hospital stay this go round. Y'all have been through enough as it is! :hug::hug:

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

You've had your share of bad roommates! Here's hoping that this time you have wonderful ones! :hug:

I hope so too. I hope also that I can be a good one. I always worry that we will be too loud..to this..to that... It makes me nervous.

I'm sorry about the bad roommates Ann:hug:! maybe this time she will have a little girl just as bright and free going as she is! Or hopefully you won't have to have too many more of these visits to find one:goodvibes

Yes get yourself checked out as soon as you get the reminder... it should be nearing 6 months soon no? From what I saw and hear in your PTR and TR you are really the rock in your family so that requires you to stay healthy!

Alex does seem nice and maybe with the family of 4 they were able to open up to each other more because it was just the 2 of them to see? But whatever the reason I'm glad that it happened!

Don't worry about thinking you gave too much information-- I wouldn't have asked if I didn't know I was going to read! I think that this is kinda like free therapy for all of us! A way to yell at the world without getting into trouble! It's great! I can understand your concerns though!:grouphug:

I do hope we get a good roomy..and I will get myself checked out. It just seems like I dont' have enough hours in a day to get that in...but I will once I get the reminder.

As for Alex, he always is a tad better when it is just he and Zoe. Well, better in some ways...not so "i am going to go off on my own" but he does tend to still want to push Zoe's buttons.

And.. the therapy! :rotfl2: I do appreciate the free therapy. I don't know what I would have done this last year without it. ;) Ya know.. a certain someplace makes me sooo sad when the talk starts up about mean and negative people over here. I dont' think I am completely believed when I say it isn't so. But honestly... HONESTLY... I could not have gone through everything this last year if I didn't have my "free therapy" :goodvibes You gals have given me strength... as odd as it may seem. You have and so I am very very blessed to be a dismember with such wonderful disfriends. :grouphug:

Ann I just had to pass along that my DH's bio that we were awaiting approval from the State Department got approved on Friday so that means he will be leaving on the 19th to start training and then once he completes training he will be on his way out of the country for a year.. So :cool1: :banana: for a job FINALLY.. hopefully he can get in country sooner then later and this way I can plan a wonderful trip to DW for my daughter's bday

I always say I am going to allow x amount of snacks a day... and some how I end up with ones to be used at the end. This time, I didn't get as many ricecrispies... lots of bags of gummies though. I swear my family LOVES them. (actually, it is my dh who seems to be addicted. :rolleyes:)

Second.. it won't be long before she only wants to spend time with you. It seems odd to me at times... just a short couple years ago, Kira was very testy with me...most of the time. Now we go out and do things together..and it is very very enjoyable. Ab will get there...she will.:hug:

And.. the therapy! :rotfl2: I do appreciate the free therapy. I don't know what I would have done this last year without it. ;) Ya know.. a certain someplace makes me sooo sad when the talk starts up about mean and negative people over here. I dont' think I am completely believed when I say it isn't so. But honestly... HONESTLY... I could not have gone through everything this last year if I didn't have my "free therapy" :goodvibes You gals have given me strength... as odd as it may seem. You have and so I am very very blessed to be a dismember with such wonderful disfriends. :grouphug:

I know I saw the pictures on Kira's TR where she brought your DH back the gummies! They are good! I'm just partial to the Rice Crispies. The first trip my parents took without me, they asked what I wanted them to bring back... Rice Crispies of course!

I know I was a butt as a teenager to my mom. She and I were never close. We are now though, and it makes me :goodvibes . 10 years ago I would have done anything possible not to do anything with my mom, and now she and I are really close! She and I were discussing her date yesterday, and it great to be able to share like that. (Yes.. my mom went on her first date in almost 30 years. They are in divorce proceedings, so she has decided if my dad could sleep around on her and parade girlfriends around for the last 5 years, she could go out to eat and a movie with a very nice guy she works with. The smile on her face the other night when they were texting made me happy. I haven't seen that smile in a really long time. More to come about this in my TR on day umm 5 i think?)

And the therapy. I didn't have a whole lot of ranting and needing of actual therapy. But just being able to come over here and talk to you ladies after working all day was a different kind of therapy of its own. Talking to y'all and helping be a sounding board for each of y'all helped me take my mind off the hectic rat race that is my life atm. :hug::hug::hug:

Oh I loved the gummies and the rice krispies, but I didn't like the rice krispies with the chocolate :-)scared1:shocking because I love all things chocolate)! We had lots of credits at the end to use so we just kinda used them on treats for kids back home!
I agree I love that "certain somplace":rotfl:- although I don't comment much, but I have to say that this is more personal and I feel better to open up to!

And the therapy. I didn't have a whole lot of ranting and needing of actual therapy. But just being able to come over here and talk to you ladies after working all day was a different kind of therapy of its own. Talking to y'all and helping be a sounding board for each of y'all helped me take my mind off the hectic rat race that is my life atm. :hug::hug::hug:

Yeah it does feel nice to come and share good/bad and in between moments with people and just open up about them! I know that most people on facebook don't care about my trip pictures but you guys do! I love that and the support for the down times is awesome!

I am so excited to read your TR!! And Becky's too! I am jealous you guys got to meet up! I am LOVING the TR. It's really exciting and love all the backstories too. Hope Zoe is doing well, she is such an angel, and that was so so sweet how she thanked you for taking her to Disney again. Made my heart melt :lovestruc

Sorry have been MIA, my arm injuries have prevented me from typing that much, so outside from the occasional post, I probably will do more reading than writing for a while! But I do still have to finish my TR...

Hope you all had a happy near year!

Su-Lynn

I so love the free "head" checks you guys have given me over this past year...I too really need a check out from my reality and you have always given me that much need break.

As for the negative here...yes, there is some but I really try to avoid the conflict...just like I try to avoid the conflict in the other place too! I have found a great group here at the DIS and open to meeting lots more people who are positive or are willing to read my ramblings. I like the new place Ashley created too!

We ended up spending 14 snack credits on those pre-packaged fun Disney candy...the kids took it to friends and teachers. I used 6 credits on rice krispe treats...for myself...no one else likes them I have them hidden in my freezer! :rotfl:

Sorry have been MIA, my arm injuries have prevented me from typing that much, so outside from the occasional post, I probably will do more reading than writing for a while! But I do still have to finish my TR...

Su-Lynn

Hey..I was actually thinking of you the other day and wondering where you'd gone! Good to "see" you. :goodvibes Hope all is well.

Ann I just had to pass along that my DH's bio that we were awaiting approval from the State Department got approved on Friday so that means he will be leaving on the 19th to start training and then once he completes training he will be on his way out of the country for a year.. So :cool1: :banana: for a job FINALLY.. hopefully he can get in country sooner then later and this way I can plan a wonderful trip to DW for my daughter's bday

That is great news! :woohoo:

I hope he does get to come home soon though, that would be hard. A year? :scared1:

I know I saw the pictures on Kira's TR where she brought your DH back the gummies! They are good! I'm just partial to the Rice Crispies. The first trip my parents took without me, they asked what I wanted them to bring back... Rice Crispies of course!

I know I was a butt as a teenager to my mom. She and I were never close. We are now though, and it makes me :goodvibes . 10 years ago I would have done anything possible not to do anything with my mom, and now she and I are really close! She and I were discussing her date yesterday, and it great to be able to share like that. (Yes.. my mom went on her first date in almost 30 years. They are in divorce proceedings, so she has decided if my dad could sleep around on her and parade girlfriends around for the last 5 years, she could go out to eat and a movie with a very nice guy she works with. The smile on her face the other night when they were texting made me happy. I haven't seen that smile in a really long time. More to come about this in my TR on day umm 5 i think?)

I think once girls grow up they tend to become close with their moms again. It is definitely the case with Kira and I. I just hope that Zoe and I don't go through a period where she hates me.... but sadly, it is likely to happen. :sad2:

Oh I loved the gummies and the rice krispies, but I didn't like the rice krispies with the chocolate :-)scared1:shocking because I love all things chocolate)! We had lots of credits at the end to use so we just kinda used them on treats for kids back home!
I agree I love that "certain somplace":rotfl:- although I don't comment much, but I have to say that this is more personal and I feel better to open up to!

It is funny how we all kinda end up with credits in the end. I swore we would have to be careful with ours. We even paid oop for some snacks early in the trip since we had already used our credit for the day.

As for the other place... yeah. I just don't understand. :sad2: I feel like this is more my "home" and the constant slamming is getting to me. I don't feel like anyone here slams that place so :confused:

I am so excited to read your TR!! And Besty's too! I am jealous you guys got to meet up! I am LOVING the TR. It's really exciting and love all the backstories too. Hope Zoe is doing well, she is such an angel, and that was so so sweet how she thanked you for taking her to Disney again. Made my heart melt :lovestruc

Su-Lynn

I posted on Betsy's TR.. but it is so nice to know you are here reading.

Betsy was very fun to meet. I honestly can not imagine what her friends were thinking in October. She is such a fun loving person... and to just sit idle or worse yet not involve her :confused:

I hope your arm is healing... and this won't be forever :hug:

I so love the free "head" checks you guys have given me over this past year...I too really need a check out from my reality and you have always given me that much need break.

As for the negative here...yes, there is some but I really try to avoid the conflict...just like I try to avoid the conflict in the other place too! I have found a great group here at the DIS and open to meeting lots more people who are positive or are willing to read my ramblings. I like the new place Ashley created too!

We ended up spending 14 snack credits on those pre-packaged fun Disney candy...the kids took it to friends and teachers. I used 6 credits on rice krispe treats...for myself...no one else likes them I have them hidden in my freezer! :rotfl:

I am so glad you are back from your trip. You may get support from us...but you also are SOO good about giving it as well. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter