In the Spirit of the Season

Checking out of Pop and heading to DTD

We all woke up about 8:30 am. It was nice to sleep in a bit. After we ate a breakfast bar that we brought from home, we loaded up our luggage and prepared to check out of Pop.

It was a short walk to luggage services and when we arrived there was little to no line. Well, there was a short line... with one family. We all got quite the chuckle as a dad turned to his kids to tell them to stay together. Only it wasn’t so simple as “please stay together”. The comment was “Stay together or I’ll break your legs” He said this with some sort of Jersey or NY accent. Cracked us all up mostly because we were not sure if he didn't in fact mean it :rotfl:

We dropped off all our bags to be delivered to WL and left. I hate this part since I never know quite what to tip. I don’t seem to have trouble in other areas, but bell services throws me. :confused:

After leaving our luggage with hopes to see it in our new home, we walked around Pop a bit to say our final farewells.

IMG_0272.jpg

Next, we caught a bus to DTD. At this point, we were all getting hungry. I had signed up for the EOS birthday club and had received my coupon for my free sandwich. Since we were still not using dp credits, this was the perfect time to use that coupon.

I got the holiday sandwich. It was sooo so yummy! It had turkey, cranberries, stuffing and gravy on it. I know that doesn’t sound great and even the picture kinda looks maybe a bit scary. However, let me assure you this was one of the best sandwiches I have ever had.

IMG_0273.jpg

Steve got the Mediterranean chicken wrap. He liked it well enough. The only down side to it was that in all the hectic atmosphere they almost sent us away without his sandwich.

IMG_0275.jpg

Alex had the original roast beef sandwich. Not yet totally in the routine of “wait till mom gets a pic” , he had it nearly devoured before I could get to taking his picture.:rotfl:

IMG_0274.jpg

Zoe was not feeling hungry, but rather thirsty. I figured she could have a nibble off of one of ours if she changed her mind. All she then got was a strawberry banana smoothie.

After lunch, we just wandered around a bit since we had something big planned for the afternoon.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

Next Chapter: Announcing Her Royal Cuteness

Just had to share that I got my hair cut today. I got like 6 inches cut off my hair. It was mid back and now it is above my shoulders and layered. I will have to take a picture and share once I get my grey out. I wouldn't say I love my cut... but it is definitely better than it was. Sadly, no amount of new style makes me not bald on top. :sad2:

And for Zoe.. :headache::headache: Got a call from the surgery scheduler. First the surgery is scheduled for 11:30am. This isn't a horrible time since we have to drive up there. However, since Zoe will have to wait to eat... the fact that it is later make it that much harder. What the problem is... no one seems to know what is going on this friday. She is set to go home that afternoon. If this really is the case that is good. I would love to be home this weekend with her rather than in the hospital. However, remember that one hand didn't talk to the other last June and she was scheduled to go home after surgery...a surgery that lasted almost 12 hours? So... I just don't believe what they say...especially when the doctor told me she would be admitted. When I called the clinic I had to leave a message. Then the nurse called me back hours later to let me know that she doesn't know and that she can't get a hold of the doctor to find out... but that all my questions would be good ones to ask him Friday morning. :scared1::scared1: I told her that while I understand she doesn't have the answers for me... friday seems a bit late to get answers as to the how and what we are doing and any alternatives to either.

So... busy day again for me. But hey I got a small update done!. :rotfl2:

I think once girls grow up they tend to become close with their moms again. It is definitely the case with Kira and I. I just hope that Zoe and I don't go through a period where she hates me.... but sadly, it is likely to happen. :sad2:

It is funny how we all kinda end up with credits in the end. I swore we would have to be careful with ours. We even paid oop for some snacks early in the trip since we had already used our credit for the day.

As for the other place... yeah. I just don't understand. :sad2: I feel like this is more my "home" and the constant slamming is getting to me. I don't feel like anyone here slams that place so :confused:

Little girls also sadly become such daddy's girls as they get older. I had issues with my dad at the beginning of my young adult phase... I honestly don't know if mom and I would be this close if those issues hadn't happened with my dad. I was completely and totally a "daddy's girl".

That reminds me I need to find the picture of our Rice Krispies! So did we and there were some things we wouldn't have used the credits on because it would have been better to use the credit for something else. Like one night we got 4 pastry type things in France and got our two drinks too. The line was so hectic we decided it wasn't worth it to split it up!

Yeah I don't know what their deal is with the disboards... hmm

Just had to share that I got my hair cut today. I got like 6 inches cut off my hair. It was mid back and now it is above my shoulders and layered. I will have to take a picture and share once I get my grey out. I wouldn't say I love my cut... but it is definitely better than it was. Sadly, no amount of new style makes me not bald on top. :sad2:

And for Zoe.. :headache::headache: Got a call from the surgery scheduler. First the surgery is scheduled for 11:30am. This isn't a horrible time since we have to drive up there. However, since Zoe will have to wait to eat... the fact that it is later make it that much harder. What the problem is... no one seems to know what is going on this friday. She is set to go home that afternoon. If this really is the case that is good. I would love to be home this weekend with her rather than in the hospital. However, remember that one hand didn't talk to the other last June and she was scheduled to go home after surgery...a surgery that lasted almost 12 hours? So... I just don't believe what they say...especially when the doctor told me she would be admitted. When I called the clinic I had to leave a message. Then the nurse called me back hours later to let me know that she doesn't know and that she can't get a hold of the doctor to find out... but that all my questions would be good ones to ask him Friday morning. :scared1::scared1: I told her that while I understand she doesn't have the answers for me... friday seems a bit late to get answers as to the how and what we are doing and any alternatives to either.

Yay! Can't wait for a hair picture!

Boo on the doctors. Did she really expect you to leave it at waiting till Friday? It's not like she's going in for a checkup. She's going in to have flipping surgery! :headache:

Haha .. I meant to comment on the update too..

We wanted to try EOS.. but we just weren't hungry on our DTD afternoon. Maybe because we had stuffed ourselves already at Sci-Fi? lol

Alexa too pics with those ladies outside the WoD store as well!

Ann I'm use to him being gone he is prior Navy so him being gone for long periods of time is nothing new to me or our girls. One year he was gone eight months out of the year. He will be gone for 140 days then we will meet up in Spain just him and I for his 30 days rest and relaxation before he heads back for another 140 days. I think with everything that I have planned for the year for the girls and I, we will be to busy to even notice the time going by. I have a trip coming up in May to go see my parents then in July my girls have a martial arts tourney in South Carolina and I also want to pay a visit to the DVC resort in Hilton Head plus I have friends that I want to see in VA. So i think our time will be well consumed with things we want to do.

Ann, I hope they let you know about the hospital stay BEFORE Friday! And I am keeping sweet Zoe in my thoughts and prayers this weekend. :hug:

And I love the new update! Pop is such a cute resort, we have always loved staying there.
That holiday sandwich at EoS is one of the best they are offering! You chose very wisely! :thumbsup2

I wanted to eat at EOS and we didn't, they look pretty good though! And they way Alex ate it just means that his was really good! How cute the pictures are coming out!

As far as your life update--- I'm sorry about the doctors! It's kinda silly though as it is Wednesday morning (well you posted this yesterday though so they had more time) so they have 2 full days to get back to you with answers and they aren't... hopefully the best turns out though and you have all of us praying for both of you and the roommate!

Great update! Love EoS! I keep wanting to try the holiday sandwich but haven't been brave enough to break away from my tunamelt habit, lol.

Can't wait to see pics of the new do.

Love the way they think you can drop everything and just wing it at the hospital. I hope you get answers soon, BEFORE you head there would be nice!!

Prayers and thoughts always for you and Zoe! She is such a trooper!

I loved EoS...it was not a planned part of our trip, but a very pleasant one other then the atmosphere of RUSH that happened right after we placed our order! Hmmmm...I got the Holiday too...YUM-O! Save the rest for my TR!

Funny about the guy in the check out line...I probably have been over heard saying things like that out of affection....:rotfl:although there was one moment at DTD that I have not to happy that I had.

I'm sooo far behind... I will get caught up... but I promised to get my TR started tonight so off I go... :goodvibes

:hug: to you and Zoe and upcoming surgery. Will be waiting to hear how it goes. And I don't blame you for being skeptical and leary of being released to go home same day of surgery!

I'm officially all caught up on your report now! It's a great read!! :goodvibes And holy moly Alex is TALL! I love the pictures you took at Pop and the tea at GF looks like fun! I'm up for it on the girls trip! :goodvibes

I hope you have a restful night tonight! We got our first snow tonight... not sure what that will bring for work/school tomorrow but for now, I'm enjoying seeing it out the window while I finally get caught up on here!

So happy to have time to be back on here and get caught up with everyone again!!! :grouphug:

:hug::hug: keeping you and Zoe in my prayers as you prepare for surgery. I completely understand the skepticism but I hope that things go better than planned and that you will both be home for the weekend and able to rest more comfortably. :hug:

I have a list of things... :rotfl: First, and most importantly...:hug: Its just so hard when you have to go through this with your babies, and even harder when the medical professionals are not making things any easier. I'm sure you know that you have all of us to lean to for moral support and positive thoughts. :grouphug: And just remember to trust your mama bear instincts. (Is there a mama bear smiley...guess not...too bad)

Loved the picture of Zoe in front of the giant POP icon. When we drove through there on our way to the BC last year, I purposely tried to keep Max from looking out the windows. I know if took one look at those giant icons, he'd want to stay there. :rotfl:

Glad to hear you did something good at DTD. My April trip is at SSR and I'm trying to get happy about the fact that we're across the street from there, but, well...its hard.

Your sandwich looks good. Don't know if you watched "Friends," but there was an entire episode where Ross loses it because someone at work ate his post-Thanksgiving turkey sandwich. :rotfl:

Sending lots of this :goodvibes and lots of these :hug:

Ann, I will be keeping you and Zoe in my prayers and close in heart tomorrow for the surgery. Please update and let us know how she is when you can.

I love your morning at DTD (I especially like the picture of Zoe and Alex sitting together).

Mark would REALLY like that holiday sandwich.

I really want to try EOS. We've never taken the time but it looks and sounds delicious.

Can't wait to see the picture of the hair! I chopped my LONG hair off when I was pregnant just before Alex was born. I'm now trying to grow it out again because I totally miss my long long hair. But I hope you come to love your cut!

:hug::hug: thoughts and prayers for you and Zoe!! Hope the surgery goes well and that you guys do get to go home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter