In the Spirit of the Season

Hey I think you might be on your way the hospital? I just want to let you know that we will be thinking/praying for you guys all day and I hope that everything goes according to plan and you have all of your answers before everything starts! Please let us know how she's doing! I hope for the best!!!!

We are praying for Zoe today.. Also I noticed that you guys will be getting hit with some bad weather maybe snow this weekend be careful out on the roads. I know Whidbey Island is due to get hit with snow.

Little girls also sadly become such daddy's girls as they get older. I had issues with my dad at the beginning of my young adult phase... I honestly don't know if mom and I would be this close if those issues hadn't happened with my dad. I was completely and totally a "daddy's girl".

My girls love their dad. However, they love me probably equally so they definitely are not "daddy's girls" Sometimes I wish they had that with him. He loves them very much, but dotting is not something that he really does. ( I think I could count on one hand how many times I have received flowers in 20+ years.)
That reminds me I need to find the picture of our Rice Krispies! So did we and there were some things we wouldn't have used the credits on because it would have been better to use the credit for something else. Like one night we got 4 pastry type things in France and got our two drinks too. The line was so hectic we decided it wasn't worth it to split it up!

I think we all planned so much we would have like to have thought that we would have it all laid out perfectly. However, there were lots of times when we just had to go with the flow cause it didn't allow for something...sometimes even as simple as splitting up the order like that. I think in a normal vacation that is the case... but the Christmas time crowds made it even more the case.

Yay! Can't wait for a hair picture!

I tried to take a picture. I am just not sure how teens do the self pic thing. I took a dozen before I finally think I may have got a half decent one where I didn't look crazy. However, you can't really see the hair cut too much. Plus I can where it down and parted to the side...or flip out the ends..or pin it back. So far I like it best pinned back with the ends flipped out. Didn't take a picture of that though. :rolleyes:

Boo on the doctors. Did she really expect you to leave it at waiting till Friday? It's not like she's going in for a checkup. She's going in to have flipping surgery!

I was talking to a friend about it and she thought that this person may have in fact been from a temp agency. Kinda makes sense. She has been super frustrating.
We wanted to try EOS.. but we just weren't hungry on our DTD afternoon. Maybe because we had stuffed ourselves already at Sci-Fi? lol

This was our first time trying EOS. I must say it was yummy. WGPE is still my favorite of the two though.

Ann, I hope they let you know about the hospital stay BEFORE Friday! And I am keeping sweet Zoe in my thoughts and prayers this weekend. :hug:

I did get a hold of someone on thursday so that helped a lot. Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. :hug:

And I love the new update! Pop is such a cute resort, we have always loved staying there.

Even though Steve really, really liked WL he also found Pop to be nice. I mean.. other than the obvious lack of "deluxe" amenities, it is a really nice resort. I am sure I will stay there again..

That holiday sandwich at EoS is one of the best they are offering! You chose very wisely!

You are not kidding that I chose wisely. It looked and sounded kinda odd. However, I had read enough about it and how everyone liked it to think I had to try it. I tried to get Alex to get it so I could have just a taste. He didn't want it though, so I had to get an entire one for myself. I am SO glad I did. :cloud9:

I wanted to eat at EOS and we didn't, they look pretty good though! And they way Alex ate it just means that his was really good! How cute the pictures are coming out!

He was really hungry and LOVED his sandwich. He played along really well with me on the "get a picture first" game. He just wasn't aware at this point that we would be doing it each time. :rotfl:

As far as your life update--- I'm sorry about the doctors! It's kinda silly though as it is Wednesday morning (well you posted this yesterday though so they had more time) so they have 2 full days to get back to you with answers and they aren't... hopefully the best turns out though and you have all of us praying for both of you and the roommate!

Well, at the 24 hour mark I found an old email with the address of one of the main urology nurses and wrote to her. I apologized for not going through "proper channels" She got right back to me and cleared things up. Apparently, plans were made after the ER visit on the 24th. (gee, you would have thought someone could have let me know that?:rolleyes:) Bottom line, the doctor was not going to know how extensive the surgery was going to need to be until he got in a scoped it out. So that is why things were so uncertain.. but cause they literally were. I am not sure why the nurse or temp or who ever she was couldn't have just told me this on Tuesday. :confused3

Ann I'm use to him being gone he is prior Navy so him being gone for long periods of time is nothing new to me or our girls. One year he was gone eight months out of the year. He will be gone for 140 days then we will meet up in Spain just him and I for his 30 days rest and relaxation before he heads back for another 140 days. I think with everything that I have planned for the year for the girls and I, we will be to busy to even notice the time going by. I have a trip coming up in May to go see my parents then in July my girls have a martial arts tourney in South Carolina and I also want to pay a visit to the DVC resort in Hilton Head plus I have friends that I want to see in VA. So i think our time will be well consumed with things we want to do.

I am glad you are able to stay busy while he is away. I think at one point I would never been able to deal with Steve being gone for long periods..now :rolleyes:

Great update! Love EoS! I keep wanting to try the holiday sandwich but haven't been brave enough to break away from my tunamelt habit, lol.

OMG! You have to have to try it sometime. Ever so yummy!

Can't wait to see pics of the new do.
I will try and get one on here soon. And..what about you? pics of your new do? Will we be seeing some?
Love the way they think you can drop everything and just wing it at the hospital. I hope you get answers soon, BEFORE you head there would be nice!!

I think the one gal who has been filling in has been most of the problem. I got in contact with a main nurse on Thursday and things got cleared up. In the end though, we packed like we were staying...but hoped we would not.

Prayers and thoughts always for you and Zoe! She is such a trooper!

:hug: Thank you.

I loved EoS...it was not a planned part of our trip, but a very pleasant one other then the atmosphere of RUSH that happened right after we placed our order! Hmmmm...I got the Holiday too...YUM-O! Save the rest for my TR!
QUOTE]

Can't wait to read about it on your TR!

Funny about the guy in the check out line...I probably have been over heard saying things like that out of affection....although there was one moment at DTD that I have not to happy that I had.

Again, can't wait to hear about it... but ya know I think that is what was so funny. We all say things to our kids. Sometimes joking, sometimes out of frustration... sometimes out of exasperation. However, the dead pan "or I'll break your legs" was just too funny to us. :rotfl:

I'm sooo far behind... I will get caught up... but I promised to get my TR started tonight so off I go...

I am so glad you started your TR!!!

:hug: to you and Zoe and upcoming surgery. Will be waiting to hear how it goes. And I don't blame you for being skeptical and leery of being released to go home same day of surgery!

I think that it was just odd having discussed one thing and then finding that something else had been decided upon. Believe me... I want to go home. I want it to be minimal. However, planning for that and then finding out that we would be staying a week would send me over the edge. I am so glad that it turned out to be simple enough!!

I'm officially all caught up on your report now! It's a great read!! And holy moly Alex is TALL! I love the pictures you took at Pop and the tea at GF looks like fun! I'm up for it on the girls trip!

Alex has grown seriously tall this year and has put on a ton of weight. He is my largest guy in the house now. but:ssst: don't tell Zach. ;)

I hope you have a restful night tonight! We got our first snow tonight... not sure what that will bring for work/school tomorrow but for now, I'm enjoying seeing it out the window while I finally get caught up on here!
We are suppose to get snow this week. I have mixed feelings about it. I mean, driving it it doesn't bother me... but it means cold and also a little miss wanting to go out and play in it. For us.. snow often is too wet to play in...more like slush.

:hug::hug: keeping you and Zoe in my prayers as you prepare for surgery. I completely understand the skepticism but I hope that things go better than planned and that you will both be home for the weekend and able to rest more comfortably. :hug:
Thank you so much. They did go better than expected and we will be resting nicely at home this weekend!!!

Praying for you and Zoe
:hug: thanks

First, and most importantly...:hug: Its just so hard when you have to go through this with your babies, and even harder when the medical professionals are not making things any easier. I'm sure you know that you have all of us to lean to for moral support and positive thoughts. :grouphug: And just remember to trust your mama bear instincts. (Is there a mama bear smiley...guess not...too bad)

Honestly, it was just that one "nurse" I am not sure why she was less than helpful. Once I got a hold of one of the main nurses in the clinic everything she said made sense.

And thank you, I do know that I have all of you to lean on! I wouldn't have made it through 2011 without you all :grouphug:

Loved the picture of Zoe in front of the giant POP icon. When we drove through there on our way to the BC last year, I purposely tried to keep Max from looking out the windows. I know if took one look at those giant icons, he'd want to stay there.

Thank you, I had a hard time getting that picture. I wanted the entire perspective (top to bottom of the icon) but I also wanted Zoe to be recognizable. My camera is not the best...so it was hard.

Glad to hear you did something good at DTD. My April trip is at SSR and I'm trying to get happy about the fact that we're across the street from there, but, well...its hard.

I like DTD well enough. I mean... lots of shopping and eating. I think Steve kinda felt like we pay how much to go on vacation to go shopping? :confused: He did like the food there though. One of his favorite meals was without us (Ragland Road)

Your sandwich looks good. Don't know if you watched "Friends," but there was an entire episode where Ross loses it because someone at work ate his post-Thanksgiving turkey sandwich.
I didn't watch friends... but if his sandwich was as good as the one I had at EOS, I could see why there was an episode devoted to him being upset that someone ate it. The gravy... cranberries YUMM!!

Ann, I will be keeping you and Zoe in my prayers and close in heart tomorrow for the surgery. Please update and let us know how she is when you can.

Thanks so much, I appreciate your prayers. I will give a complete update after I post comments, but suffice it to say it went very well and we are all home now.

I love your morning at DTD (I especially like the picture of Zoe and Alex sitting together).

Mark would REALLY like that holiday sandwich.

It was a nice and relaxed morning. That picture is probably one of the better ones of Alex and Zoe

I really want to try EOS. We've never taken the time but it looks and sounds delicious.

It really is a must do! Very yummy sandwiches... on the dp... not hugely expensive if not using the dp. :goodvibes

I Can't wait to see the picture of the hair! I chopped my LONG hair off when I was pregnant just before Alex was born. I'm now trying to grow it out again because I totally miss my long long hair. But I hope you come to love your cut!

I like the cut. I was worried about how much time it would take me to style. Since my hair had become very unmanageable though, it really isn't taking more time now than it was when I was trying to get it to go into what ever updo I was trying to get it to go into.

thoughts and prayers for you and Zoe!! Hope the surgery goes well and that you guys do get to go home.

Thank you. :goodvibes

Sending prayers for Zoe and all of you for tomorrow's surgery.:flower3:

Thanks so much.

Ann, will be keeping Zoe, you and your family in my prayers for tomorrow. Sending some :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes your way.

That is so kind of you, :hug:

Prayers and good thought for Zoe and you today, Ann! I'll be thinking of you all day! :hug:

Thanks, Karin. :hug:
Adding my prayers in for Zoe and family today!

:hug: They were appreciated!

Hey I think you might be on your way the hospital? I just want to let you know that we will be thinking/praying for you guys all day and I hope that everything goes according to plan and you have all of your answers before everything starts! Please let us know how she's doing! I hope for the best!!!!

I apologize for not updating before we left. Things were so hectic. Things are going very well today though!
We are praying for Zoe today.. Also I noticed that you guys will be getting hit with some bad weather maybe snow this weekend be careful out on the roads. I know Whidbey Island is due to get hit with snow.

Thanks so much! Yes, we are suppose to get hit. Or rather WWA is. We tend to get a bit different weather than Seattle... but we will see. So far nothing...

Thinking of you two today. Hope everything goes better than great!:grouphug::hug:

Thank you so much! It did go better than great. :hug:

I am sorry that I didn't give a run down before and after the surgery yesterday. Things were just hectic. I posted much of this in the comments, but for those who don't read through the comments, but rather just the main posts...

Thursday I sent an email to one of the main urology clinic nurses. I basically said I felt I didn't have enough information and that I had no intent on bringing Zoe in for a surgery that was undefined.

She wrote back and let me know that after the 12/24 ER visit some changes to the plan had been made (hmm, could someone have let me know this? :confused3) Bottom line was that the doctor was not going to know what he needed to do until he go in and saw the state/condition of her stoma and channel.

I found this acceptable. I mean... it cleared things up. It wasn't that I wasn't being told what was going to happen, but rather...they really didn't know for sure. However, it was suspected that little would need to be done and their hope was that Zoe would go home that day.

So we planned to stay but hoped to be able to go home.

I brought Zach with me to keep me company. I tend to forget how awkward it is to bring him. Every person who met us addressed him as Steve or dad. :confused3 It just got more and more embarrassing for all of us. Then the anesthesiologist address us as the parent and started to shake my hand when I said he is my son...and as he put his hand out to shake hers...she recoiled and did not shake his hand. He felt totally disrespected. I tried to just explain to him that I am sure she was just really really embarrassed. The next nurse handled it much better...better than anyone. She noted that she was mistaken and laughed it off. Personally, I think this made it much easier and not so awkward. Still...Zach was irritated by the time Zoe was taken back to the OR.

Zach and I sat in the cafeteria while we waited. About the time I was really noting that the surgery was going longer than they said...the pager went off and it was time to go back and see her.

The revision was a bit more involved than they were hoping. Several incisions had to be made..but nothing so severe that she required an overnight stay. :woohoo:

When we got back to her room, we beat her there. When she arrived, she was fully awake. This surprised me since she normally comes back pretty groggy.

Basically at that point, we got her ready and then were set to check out. First she got to take out her IV. Yes, my dd is so accustom to iv's now that they are now allowing her to take them out. Well, actually the last couple times she kinda insisted and the nurse had to be on the ball so she didn't spring a leak. This time I warned her that Zoe wouldn't just help... and so to be prepared. She coached Zoe through it just fine and Zoe did a great job.

Then Zach wheeled her out by chair to the car and we headed out of the city to grab a meal. Zoe was starving since she had not had anything since dinner the night before and it was now nearly 4pm.

In our rush to get out of the hospital and to the restaurant, I made a mistake. It was about the time that Amy texted me that I realized something had been left behind at the hospital. So when Amy asked if we were headed home... it was interesting timing since now I realized we might have to go back to the hospital. What for? Any guesses? Good grief I am a bad mom...or terribly scatterbrained... or..maybe there is some strange battle going on between me and pharmaceuticals. (one that I seem to be losing) Yes, I left the hospital without getting her prescription. :confused3 Luckily, Steve was about to get off work and agreed to just drive a bit north to get it before heading home (south)

So we got home and she was still doing pretty well. I got caught up on my threads and emails and then we had dinner (pretty late since we had ate such a late lunch) By that time she was pretty tired and so I talked her into taking a dose of her pain medicine before going to bed...then she was OUT.

Today she is doing pretty well... she has been bopping all around. I think I heard her in her room not long ago jumping rope. Now though, I think she is sore since she is whimpering. Off I go to get some more medicine in her...and maybe a nap!

Ann, to put it in a nutshell, I am SO happy Zoe got to go home right away. So happy that everything worked out in your favour. Zoe is such a trooper that is all I can say!
Lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: for all of you involved!

So glad to hear everything went so well! Except for Zach being mistaken as Steve. Jumping rope?! Guess she was feeling much better!

just popping in really quick to see how things went.

So glad that surgery went well and that you were able to go home!! :yay:

Zoe is such a trooper and :worship: that she take out her own IV!

Ann, to put it in a nutshell, I am SO happy Zoe got to go home right away. So happy that everything worked out in your favour. Zoe is such a trooper that is all I can say!
Lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: for all of you involved!

So glad to hear everything went so well! Except for Zach being mistaken as Steve. Jumping rope?! Guess she was feeling much better!

just popping in really quick to see how things went.

So glad that surgery went well and that you were able to go home!! :yay:

Zoe is such a trooper and :worship: that she take out her own IV!

Thank you all! :grouphug:

Announcing Her Royal Cuteness

It wasn’t long until it was time for Zoe’s appointment at BBB. I brought her dress to DTD with us with the intent that she would change once at the boutique.

I assumed the guys would not want to hang around and so planned for them to try and do Characters in Flight. Sadly, they were not able to do that since it was not running due to the weather. Instead, they were able to get in to Bongos for some food. Yes, that did make a second lunch for them.:rotfl:

Meanwhile, back at BBB we attempted to check in. They would not allow it until 5 minutes before the appointment. They had SOOO many girls they were a bit behind. We took that time to get Zoe into her dress. Then we waited.... and waited and waited some more. When I saw this, I really wished that the Christmas Belle dress had fit her.

IMG_0278.jpg

Finally it was time for Zoe to become the princess that I think we all know she is. Here are the ones I took...
IMG_0279.jpg
waiting after her name was called
IMG_0280.jpg
in the chair with her fgm preparing her things.

Then the process began...
IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg
I thought it was funny how stiff the fgm made that strand of hair. :rotfl:
IMG_0284.jpg

Now nails...
IMG_0285.jpg

And make up...
IMG_0286.jpg

Finishing touches....
IMG_0289.jpg

Revealing to her....
IMG_0292.jpg

After her make over we went to to have her photo shoot. I took some pictures, but the ones on the photo pass are better. Someday, I hope to not only get a better camera but learn how to take good photos.

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Once were were done, it was time to head to WL to check in. It was easy to just hop on a bus and head there. I think we were all anxious to see where we would be staying for the next 11 nights.

We got to the lodge and checked in. We got a great room. Room 5045.
IMG_0299.jpg

It was everything I requested. 5th floor and the north wing. It was an easy walk to the elevator and then to Roaring Fork or out the door to the boat dock. Since the pool area is not far from those it was also nothing to get to the pool. It wasn’t right near the lobby though so we did have a bit of a walk to the bus stop. However, we couldn’t have been happier.

We checked with bell services and found that our luggage was ready to be delivered. We went up to our room to wait. Once the luggage was delivered, it was not long before we had a second delivery. What a thoughtful gift from a wonderful disfriend!
IMG_0298.jpg

Zoe got a second photo shoot in front of the WL tree. Oddly though, I didn’t take any pictures. I will have a post with good pp pictures once I get the cd.

Next we needed to get ready for MVMCP!

Next Chapter: A Very Rainy MVMCP!

Wonderful update!! Such a pretty princess, and great photos!

What did the guys get to eat at Bongos?

Yay! No overnight stay! :goodvibes I love that she was possibly jump roping in her room. :yay:

She certainly is an adorable little princess (especially before the make over!)

We've never stayed at WL. Neither dh or I have it on the to do list expect for a Christmas trip (and since we did a Christmas trip and stayed at BCV...:rotfl:)

I always hear wonderful remarks about it, and I am excited to read more. Isn't it always great when your room is in a great location?

:worship: Princess Zoe :worship:

And here we go ...... another wonderful update! Zoe is just too cute in her dress and the photos you took are wonderful - you are a very good photographer, Ann! :thumbsup2

They really do a great job at the BBB and then to come back to the resort and finding your location is "about" what you wanted! :thumbsup2

What a wonderful experience. Zoe looks so happy as a beautiful princess! :cutie:

I wish I had been able to do something like this when my Bethany was small. She would have loved it. Oh well, someday I'm sure I'll do it with grand children :rotfl:

So glad to hear Zoe's surgery went well and you were able to go home the same day.

Loved the pictures of Princes Zoe! She sure does make a beautiful Princess and she looks so regal in the pictures!

I need to go and look up WL, your have perked my interest! It's one of the few resorts that I haven't looked into before.

Wonderful update!! Such a pretty princess, and great photos!

What did the guys get to eat at Bongos?

Thanks so much. I think she is a pretty princess... although if I had known her hair was tooo long for the bun I would have had it cut before hand. It was a bit large on top her tiny head.

As for the guys... not sure. I know that they enjoyed it...

Yay! No overnight stay! :goodvibes I love that she was possibly jump roping in her room. :yay:

She certainly is an adorable little princess (especially before the make over!)

We've never stayed at WL. Neither dh or I have it on the to do list expect for a Christmas trip (and since we did a Christmas trip and stayed at BCV...:rotfl:)

I always hear wonderful remarks about it, and I am excited to read more. Isn't it always great when your room is in a great location?

I am so pleased that there was not an overnight stay. She is too I am sure since she can really play. Course, Zoe pushes herself and pushes herself until she can't go any longer...then she is a bear. :sad2:

I think Zoe is always a princess. This was the first time to bbb and I don't think it will be her last. I had always shied away from it given that the castle package (I think that is the top one) is listed as quite expensive. When I learned you could bring your own dress... well, that made it affordable and definitely something I wanted to do.

And as for WL, I struggled all year. It was suppose to be "the" resort at Christmas..and it was. However, for us... it was more like home than any other resort could have been...and that almost seemed boring. I am glad that I didn't change things around. It was wonderful and getting the room that was in such a great location was the icing on the cake. :goodvibes

:worship: Princess Zoe :worship:

And here we go ...... another wonderful update! Zoe is just too cute in her dress and the photos you took are wonderful - you are a very good photographer, Ann! :thumbsup2

They really do a great job at the BBB and then to come back to the resort and finding your location is "about" what you wanted! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Karin. I tried to take good pictures.. I actually played around with the settings as the trip went on and I think I got some half way decent ones along the way.

The day on the 11th couldn't have been more magical. It was such a nice start to the trip. :goodvibes
What a wonderful experience. Zoe looks so happy as a beautiful princess! :cutie:

I wish I had been able to do something like this when my Bethany was small. She would have loved it. Oh well, someday I'm sure I'll do it with grand children :rotfl:

I have already given Kira some of Zoe's old princess dresses since I am sure I will go with a grandchild someday. I never got to do it with Kira though, and that is kinda sad. She wasn't quite the girly girl that Zoe is... but she was definitely a special little girl. I just hope she has a daughter so we can enjoy taking her to BBB...cause I doubt a boy would be as much fun to take. ;)
So glad to hear Zoe's surgery went well and you were able to go home the same day.

Loved the pictures of Princes Zoe! She sure does make a beautiful Princess and she looks so regal in the pictures!

I need to go and look up WL, your have perked my interest! It's one of the few resorts that I haven't looked into before.

Thank you so much for the kind words.

As for WL, it is definitely worth looking into. I think if I had it to do again, I might have looked more closely at CL. Oh well...another trip some other time. :rolleyes:

A Very Rainy MVMCP!

Originally, I had planned for us to get to MK early for MVMCP. Betsy and I had not made definitive plans, but I knew we were going to hang out a bit at the party. So as the day progressed the plan was to get in line for the dwarfs first thing. Betsy arrived much earlier than I did and so she was holding the place.

However, things did not go as we had planned. It took longer to get out of WL than we anticipated. It took longer to get on a bus from WL to MK than we planned. Ultimately, we barely got to the park before the party started. I briefly stopped to take a picture of our first view of the castle
IMG_0301.jpg

Then we attempted to hustle to where Betsy and her group were in line for the dwarfs. We arrived to the character meeting spot just after 7pm and so we missed seeing the dwarfs with Betsy. :sad2: With Betsy now on her way, but the line still not terribly long we decided to do this first. Shortly after getting into line the weather really began to reveal itself to us. Betsy had warned me that we should bring ponchos. I didn’t do so and we spent the entire time in line with the rain drizzling down on us. Course, being from Seattle it wasn’t the end of the world but it was uncomfortable nonetheless. Due to the rain and the speed at which they were trying to get people through the line, we only got the pp picture taken so sadly I have no picture of all of us with the dwarfs. Although, I have to share (and when I get the pp pics I will likely do so again) the first pic taken by the photographer has me looking at Alex and trying to get him to participate. We have a family picture from when Zoe was one that has me giving him the same look. There I am trying to get him to smile for the camera and in doing so failing to do so myself. Irony and hypocrisy...yep, apparently I am a big subscriber. :rolleyes:

We then decided we would eat some dinner. Since we had planned to eat at Casey’s Corner, we made our way in that direction. Since there was little to no line in POTC we ducked in there. First ride of the trip and it happened to be one of my all time favorites!:woohoo:

Next, we saw there was hardly a line for the fairies so in we went. (except Alex he didn’t want to so sat outside under an awning:rolleyes:)
IMG_0305.jpg
As you can see, Zoe was very impressed by him. :rotfl:

but much more impressed by her
IMG_0306.jpg

Finally, we got to Casey’s and ordered. Steve and Alex ordered what I suppose was suppose to be Chicago dogs. Zoe and I ordered plain old regular dogs. All of us had fries. Not on the dinning plan, we did not order any dessert. It was getting pretty cold and wet by this point though so I doubt we would have wanted it. As it was, it was hard to eat our food with the rain pouring down.

Just after we found a table to sit at, the first parade began. It was raining so hard and it was so cold we just didn’t dare come out from under our umbrella to get a better view. We somewhat watched as it rained until it began to down pour. I mean, not just a bit of hard sprinkling, but such hard rain that the roof to the princess float opened up and a stream of water flowed down upon them as though a faucet had been turned on. About that time, the parade was sped up and the characters took an alternate route to get out of the rain...right in front of Casey’s Corner.:woohoo:

Not the best shot, but you get an idea of how close they came to us..

IMG_0307.jpg

Cold and wet, it was now time for the fireworks. We moved in front of Crystal Palace. This was when out of the blue I recognized someone. It was another dismember who I had come across a bit..but only minimally connected with on Dis. She makes wonderful dresses for her daughter and so I spent a fair amount of time lurking on her thread. (just in awe of the beautiful dresses:cloud9:) So as this lady lined up in front of me, I tapped her on the back and said hello. I knew her first name and said “aren’t you ...” She was completely taken aback and I thought I offended her. (especially when throughout the trip we seemed to be in the same place at the same time and she never once said another word to me) I have since discussed it on dis with her and found that she wasn’t offended... just taken aback. In any case we stood in that spot and attempted to watch the fireworks.

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

Next, Steve and Alex wanted to try and ride some other ride so we split up. Zoe and I went into CP for some hot chocolate apple slices and cookies. We sat and made plans with Betsy. She and her friends were up near the park entrance. So once Steve and Alex got back we made our way there.

We went in to meet Cinderella, her prince and her family. We were a large group and it was fun! I was able to get a few shots on my camera, but again... pp got much better shots.
IMG_0315.jpg
The pp has a wonderful shot of this moment with just Zoe and Cinderella... I can't wait to be able to share it with you all.
IMG_0317.jpg

Then we popped over to see Mickey and Minnie. With little to no line I swear it seemed like we were in and out in no time.
IMG_0319.jpg

By this time, the rain had died down and it was time for the next parade. We found a spot and this time got a much better view of the parade. I must say, that the snow that is sprayed over main street is a neat affect and one I am glad that I can say I have seen. I am not sure if it is worth arranging and entire trip just to see, but I would to have hated to miss it.

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg
Does anyone else notice that Pluto seems like he should maybe be in a different holiday parade? Not sure what is up with my pictures of the parade ..but many of them were quite ghostly.
IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg
I love the noise these guys made while walking by.
IMG_0348.jpg

It was now getting later and Steve and Alex were getting tired. Steve was terribly wet since his back side was not completely under the umbrella when the down pour during dinner took place. The two of them wanted to return to the resort. Betsy and Zoe were not done though.

I believe we stopped first to have some more cookies and hot chocolate in Tommorowland Noodle Station. Then Betsy’s friends went off separately while we went to the tea cups. I did not ride the tea cups, but sat and watched as the two of them rode three times!
IMG_0350.jpg

After this, we parted and Zoe and I went back to WL. We had a very special breakfast the next morning that we needed to get our beauty sleep for.

Back to WL and in bed by 1:30am. What a long day!

Next Chapter: A Royal Breakfast

Ann, so sorry it was such a washed out event!

We have been to parties when it rained cats and dogs, but that was in the summer, never at a time where the temperatures were lower!
But it looks like you made the best of it and got some fun out of it.

Can't wait to read all about your royal breakfast! :thumbsup2

I remember that night! It was the night of our carriage ride. And your TR just got ahead of my TR!!! I need to download pics. We had quite a mix up with our carriage ride because of the rain.

It looks like Betsy and Zoe had the tea cups all to themselves! The rain was a bummer. But it's kind of cool the parade detoured right by you! Great character pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter