• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm Sick of it!!

I think most of the haters are just jealous we are happy and have found a place we love. They always think it costs a fortune, but we stay in value resorts with discounts. Until they are paying for my vacation, they don't get a vote. When people say you are going there again?! I tell them it's ok, I'm not taking them! Ha!

Love it!

We get the same thing. We have been lucky to go with DH because of work. Now we are hooked. Not sure when we are going back though. Don't have a trip planned for this year. We just tried Universal Studios this Winter instead. Missed Disney. Though it was nice and I would go again. Dinsey wins hands down for sure for our family.

The way I look at going to WDW so often is that you only get one chance to go on vacation with your children when they're young. They may not remember every special moment, however we will remember taking them on the trips, and how their face lit up when they saw Mickey or Minnie. It makes me smile just thinking about it. :) When our kids get older we might vacation someplace else, or we might keep going to WDW. My DW and I will still be going to WDW even after the kids move out of the house. There have always been good memories made on our WDW vacations, and that's what's worth it. :banana:

I don't understand why people feel the need to comment on where any one vacations..whether you're going to Disney, Rome, or just having a "staycation" at home, you've earned the time off, presumably are able to afford whatever kind of vacation you're taking, and it's your own business.

People always feel the need to comment when I'm going to Disney, too..like "I would think you would enjoy a more relaxing vacation at the beach" (meh), or "how do you afford to go to Disney" (because I save :confused3), or the dozens of other comments I get.

People should just be able to vacation how they want to. Whatever I'm doing, and wherever I am, we are having fun. If we choose to have fun at Disney, then that's my prerogative :)

:clown: Just noticed this smiley...has it always been here? :clown:

My ex husband does this... So annoying... I take the boys on vacation every year... Its usually Florida-WDW or California-DL. He has the nerve to complain I take them to the same places each year, but he takes them no where. I have learned to IGNORE!!!

:clown: Just noticed this smiley...has it always been here? :clown:

I don't know but here, have another!
:clown:

I also find it interesting how some people don't mind dropping a ton of money on Coach bags, Uggs, buy a $10 lunch at work every day, etc. Then wonder how I can keep going on vacay. When I try to explain about having a SWA Visa card, 0% on a Disney Visa, or watching for discounts, etc. they don't get it or they say that's too much work. :confused3 Huh? Finding the best deal to escape the grind of everday life & make happy memories with my family is practically a hobby for me. :surfweb:
How can someone call that work? :lmao:

I feel your pain. We go annually for spring break and even my DH who is usually pretty serious, gets excited about it. DD12 and I also go in the summer together while the boys go on their boy scout trips. We have the best time just the two of us!!! I always start out by telling people who ask that we are going to Florida but it is always followed by - "Disney, again?"
I also do not criticize other peoples choices. We have friends who always go to the beach for a week. I am not a "sit by the beach" person (one day is fine, but not a whole week) but I never criticize them because they enjoy it. Everyone is different and as long as you are not hurting anyone, what is the big deal?!?!

Just yesterday, my Niece (whom I haven't seen in years) looked at me and said, "Oh, no, you're one of "those" people.":crazy2:
I couldn't believe she said that! So I just looked at her and said, "Yes I am, and VERY proud of it!" :thumbsup2

It took me awhile to realize why I was so attracted to WDW and wanted to return time after time. It truly is an escape from the real world that I think we can all use especially in these times,:yay:

It took me awhile to realize why I was so attracted to WDW and wanted to return time after time. It truly is an escape from the real world that I think we can all use especially in these times,:yay:

YES!! This is totally why. :idea:

I agree, sometimes don't even say where I'm going just because I don't want to hear the negativity. And NO I am not getting tired of it, been going for 30 years and hope to have many more trips in the future !

WDW is my "happy place" and has been for the last 35 years. We no longer try to hide or justify the fact that we are going again! It was really trying when I was working and the subject of vacations came up. My co-workers could not understand my we would be going to Disneyworld again. Now that I'm retired I make it a point to let them know that I'm spending their social security contributions foolishly at Disneyworld.

I've started going annually since I had my daughter, but I do other vacations as well. People chuckle, but I don't take it as an insult, but honestly, I dont' consider Disney a vacation, per se. It's more of a trip, but a trip I enjoy doing for my daughter's sake. I have a friend who has been to Aruba every year for almost 30 years. She goes the first two weeks of August, like clockwork. I wouldn't call it strange, but just a limited way of spending time, but it's her time and money.

I hear ya! I get the same reactions when people find out we are going yet again. But, WDW makes our vacay so easy and magical. I love it :)
We take other trips too, but WDW keeps everyone busy and happy!

Ugh you def are not the only one who is so annoyed by peoples comments!! "Aren't the kids too old for disney?" "Don't you want to try something different instead of the same old same old?" No and Noo! It got to the point that we only told the people who needed to know that we were going be away and at Disney because we are sick of it. Like my aunt who takes us to and from airport, fellow disney lover cousin and wife who live next door, god mother and mine and my parents bosses. Thats it. Everyone else either doesn't even know we will be away or we just say we are going to Florida. They just don't get it! :sad2:

My Son was 14 months old first time. Friends said wait till he would remember the trip, I said why, I'll remember.

20+ years later we still have the photo of him kissing Minnie's nose! :love:

Exactly! I took my 23 month old granddaughter in Jan. and people kept telling me the same thing. I tell them that it cost me nothing for her to fly, get in Disney, or eat (she ate whatever I ate), and the memories I'll have are priceless!

I find the people I know who make such comments are the people who have never visited (I have been 30 times, got married out there, have 6 children who love it and my youngest child who is 4 years old has been 6 times) so I am a complete Disney fanatic! It gives me and my family everything I need in a holiday (and more)! U go ahead and keep enjoying your fabulous Disney trips and ignore the ones who don't. Heres hoping they keep their opinions to themselves in future :-)

Why do people think it is okay to insult the fact that I like to go to Disney on vacation? I don't insult where you are going! I get it - you went to Disney and didn't have a good time. You said it was expensive, it was crowded and the food was lousy. Mind you, you went to MK and AK. You did not go to Epcot or to HS. However, you had a great time at Seaworld, but for some reason you, your husband and your twin five year old boys did not have fun at a place where quite a few people on this planet do manage to enjoy themselves. Sorry I needed to vent! I was at a party today and again the fact was brought up that I am going back to Disney in the fall and they just can't understand why. Why don't I go someplace else? MYOB!!

i've been lucky in that I mostly get "Why do you go SO OFTEN?" rather than outright hate. However, once in a while, I get the wince of almost disgust.

I get it also - with all the money you've spent going to Disney over the years you could have traveled the globe. I'm basically at the point that I now tell them when you pay for my vacation I'll go where you want me to go other than that I'm going to a place I love being.

I don't care what anyone thinks anymore - I find Disney relaxing and magical.
I take my time doing what I want to do. There is still something so wonderful about Disney for me that it recharges my battery and improves my psyche.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter