I'm Sick of it!!

My kids HONESTLY believe that when I retire we are moving to Florida and I'm going to get a job as a Jungle Boat skipper. I have said it THAT MUCH!

Uh oh.... you going to come up with some new corny jokes. LoL. No matter how many times we ride that boat, it never gets old.:rotfl2:

I get the same thing. Every year my family goes to Disney World for April vacation. One of my sisters says to me for God's sake Claire why don't you grow up and go on a big girls vacation! Really??? My Dh, and 2 DD's have made so many memories in Disney. Good luck to you with those people and just tell them you will always be young at heart and will always have magic in your life. What do they have whales and fish??? Sorry couldn't resist. We are heading down to the Mouse House in 32 more days and to all the people out there who insult or make fun of us Get a life!!!!Enjoy your vacation.:yay:

We're going the same day! Have fun!!!

We started going to WDW in 1996 when our DD's were 3 and 5 and have gone about 17 or 18 times since then. Throughout the years our family made many memories because it was a place where we could all go and have a good time.

I understand how you feel. Some members of my family just roll their eyes. I've tried time and time again to explain the feeling I get when I'm at WDW, but it can't be explained, only felt. And when some of my friends returned from WDW they have told me they don't see what the big deal is. Some enjoy it the one time, but say they see no need to return because they've already been.

Luckily, my 3 year old DD has grown up and is now a cast member. So now when we go to WDW, I just say that I am going to Florida to see my daughter.

In our lives we spend so much time doing what we have to do instead of what we like to do. If you like going to WDW, I'll be seeing you there!

JKMJ441724 said:
My kids HONESTLY believe that when I retire we are moving to Florida and I'm going to get a job as a Jungle Boat skipper. I have said it THAT MUCH!

We tell ours we are moving there too and I am going to be The Fairy Godmother! I would be happy working in a shop, a pop corn cart wherever.. Just being there would be awesome!

I work with alot of younger couples. When I talk about our previous vacations or about the vacation I'm currently planning I get that sad judgemental look...oh you poor crazy woman. :sad2::sad2: Just because we don't plan our vacations at all inclusive resorts on an island somewhere, somehow I'm the loser.

I actually pity them for not being able to see any farther then the end of their noses. They don't know what they are missing out on. The magic we feel is indescribable and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that you don't get that magical feeling laying on a beach at an all inclusive resort. I don't pass judgement or try to make them feel any less for missing out on such and amazing experience.

And yet I feel I need to defend myself to them and explain how kids don't stay little forever and how they all have to go through the "I'm too cool" phase :cool2:. We will continue to make :goofy:WDW our destination for as long as we can and each time we will soak up all the magic and cherish each precious memory made there. :tinker:

It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one that feels this way. Thank you to you all for giving me a place to get this off my chest :surfweb:

I just had a conversation like this with one of my best friends the other day--She went once when her son was young, and has no desire to ever go again. It just isn't the type of vacation she likes--she would much rather be dropped off in the middle of a city with a map and just explore. She did, however, ask if she could please send her husband with my family on one of our trips so that he could go back! :rotfl2:

"You're going to Disney? Well, you must be rich!"
Not hardly. But we decided a few years back that our kids will never be little again.
If we wait until we are debt free, and we've renovated our house, etc. , etc., we'll never go.
Besides, I have 8 kids. It is not cheap to go ANYWHERE with 8 kids. I have priced out going other places...and it would cost about the same.
Thankfully (not really) we haven't been able to go to WDW in 4 years, so no one will probably be surprised when we (hopefully) go back this fall.

I think a lot of people carry from their childhood the idea that going to Disney is the pinnacle of vacation, and only for the very rich, and only a once in a lifetime thing.

We find it to be the only place where our 18 year old AND our 3 year old have a blast. A place where our WHOLE family can do things together.

I was glad that my Mom came with us twice...she gets it now. ;)

We haven't told a SOUL about our possible fall trip. We'll wait till right before. I just don't want to deal with it.

Anyway...all that to say...I HEAR YA!

Wouldn't it be fun to play with people a little bit? Tell them this time we are going to Halifax, Nova Scotia!! or some other place they probably don't know enough about to ask an intelligent questions. The responses should give us something to laugh about at the dinner table.

Wouldn't it be fun to play with people a little bit? Tell them this time we are going to Halifax, Nova Scotia!! or some other place they probably don't know enough about to ask an intelligent questions. The responses should give us something to laugh about at the dinner table.

And maybe if we tell them there's no cell phone reception there, they won't bug us on vacation! BONUS! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :cool1:

We go to "Florida". Much easier than dealing with negativity!

Haha - good plan!

We only like to go every 6-7 years so haven't yet got that, but people are just jealous that you've found your 'happy place'!! Too bad for them.

I like to go see U2 multiple times/tour and I get the 'U2 AGAIN?' reaction too... little do they know how unique I find each trip travelling to new cities - as I'm sure you find the same when you go back to Disney because there's always new magic!

To heck with 'em ;)

What I tell people is if they went to Disney and didn't have a good time then they did something wrong.

I don't understand why some people want to go to the beach every year. To me that is incredibly boring. This is why we are free to make choices and should not be criticized for our personal preferences. I also find it to be in bad taste when people say things like that.

Toulouse said:
To heck with 'em ;)

Exactly! People spend too much time being toxic to each other rather than just being happy and supportive. The whole idea is we are all individuals and well "do what you like and like what you do!" If you want to lay on beach, hike in the mountains, run around a city, go to the theater and experience the arts, stay at home and work on your house... Do it! I have met some really toxic people in the past few years and its disgusting. I don't know but I've met a lot if jealous, negative, condescending people. I like the different experiences we all have, and love passion people have for things- it's often contagious!

We actually experienced Disney haters while we were in line at one of the attractions. I could tell they were miserable, so I started chatting with them, maybe I could give a tip or something to make their day better. Nope, Instead I got an earful of how miserable and expensive and crowded and . . . . It was November it was not even hot. But then I watched then interact with their kids . No wonder they were miserable. To each their own.

Everyone has told me we have lost our minds going to WDW this year, because I just had a baby in December. We went last year and it was the first time for my DH and then 3 year old DS. It was so magical! So, I will be strapping my little one into the BECO carrier and going back to experience the magic. I have zero expectations other than to spend time with my family in one of the happiest places ever. Seriously, watching the DH and DS do some cool stuff together and sitting on a park bench with the little man, all while drinking a frozen lemonade is my kind of heaven.

. It is our special place and as long as my kids, dw and I love going we will go! ( getting tougher financially but...).

Disney is a place that we have so many special memories that no one will ever take from me! I say to heck with the non disney lover

This.:thumbsup2

Theyre the ones who constantly say .."You know there 's so much more out there that you guys can see in this world.".LoL I'm like ........Other than Disney...NO? LoL

I get this from my parents-- Don't you think you need to enrich your kids so they know there is more to the world than Disney?

My kids are growing up. I won't get these years back, so it is important to me to make as many memories with them as I can. This year is our time to pause and take a break for ourselves to celebrate 15 years of marriage though, so we are recognizing what an amazing feat that is nowadays and going on a 15 year late honeymoon!

Absolutely!! Also, Disney was our honeymoon 13 years ago, so each time we go we re-live it a bit (even with kids in tow). I always tell the honeymooners I see that it's a great start!

Everyone has their own way to escape the world and it's pressure. I don't want to sit in a boat and fish. WDW is our happy place- pun intended.

ITA- and now, planning and chatting with like minded people on newly discovered DIS boards!

When I tell certain people that we are planning a Disney cruise, they always say 'oh go on such and such cruise, its wayyyy cheaper' and they think they're doing me a favor. :lmao: . No thanks, I'm good. I prefer Disney and I think you definitely get what you pay for. Not to mention I have zero desire of going on a cruise unless it's a Disney cruise.

But, you just gotta do what gives you joy, and if Disney gives you joy, then that's where you need to go!

ITA! The only cruises we have been on were Disney- I'm afraid to try anything else--

I just said that this trip! In fact, my Dad said, y'all might be better off just to move there when he heard of our trip last week that we decided to go on, planned, packed and hit the road in less than 2 hours~

"You're going to Disney? Well, you must be rich!"
Not hardly. But we decided a few years back that our kids will never be little again.
If we wait until we are debt free, and we've renovated our house, etc. , etc., we'll never go.
Besides, I have 8 kids. It is not cheap to go ANYWHERE with 8 kids.

THIS! ITA!! :thumbsup2 We do Disney cheap, so with our 3 kids it would cost MORE to do just about anything . . .

OP, just know you are not alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter