I'm back!! If I'm not crazy now I will be! I took 5 kids to DW alone!

Objective:
Celebrate Baby Tau's 3rd Birthday

Summary:
This is the day I am most excited about. Baby Tau turns 3 on the day we are driving back home. Five days later Chi and Omicron are going to their dad's for 2 weeks. Then our summer schedule is full until school starts August 10th. So I decided to go ahead and celebrate Tau's birthday at the happiest place on earth during the year of "What will you celebrate?"

I booked his party at Goofy's Candy Co for Friday. This is what it includes
Delight your child with a dream birthday party. Choose either "Goofy's Scien-Terrific Birthday Bash" or "Perfectly Princess Party" for a birthday gala like no other, which includes:

* Invitations for up to 12 Guests
* A private party room decorated by Disney "elves" with balloons
* A helium balloon for each guest featuring the special birthday party logo. The Birthday Guest of Honor receives a larger, Mylar version.
* Create-a-treat" at the table--an apple, a krispie treat, pretzels, marshmallows or an oversized deluxe cupcake.
* A customized Goofy's Glacier for each guest: a frosty, concoction inside a foot-tall Disney Character container with a crazy top and bottom. Choose from eight flavors, a blend of several, or all of them (another party exclusive). Each guest can choose a base, cup, top and straw.
* An exclusive autographed 5x7 photo of Goofy or Cinderella for each guest
* An exclusive "happy birthday" song that was created just for guests at Goofy's Candy Company
* Themed party games, such as "Goofy's Licorice Limbo" and "Put the Cherry on the Sundae" or "Under The Sea Limbo" and "Put the Gem on the Crown"
* At Goofy's Scien-Terrific Birthday Bash, multicolor light-up glasses for each guest. The Birthday Guest of Honor is given something else not found in the Parks: a fantastic, vintage bubblegum machine PLUS a whole pound of selected candy in the shop.

It will be our 5 kids, plus Cheryl's 3, plus our other friends that I just found out are going to be there that week for a total of 10. This means that I won't be able to buy him the monorail playset that I wanted to get him, but there is always next year for that right?

Some other changes include my niece (she's 18 and babysits for me after school and this summer) will be joining us for a few nights along with her mother. They are driving down with me and flying back up on Tuesday. It's a long story but basically she just graduated high school and was planning a trip to NY for her senior trip. Her grandfather died at 3 in the morning that they were to leave. So they had to postpone her trip. This year has been a tough year for her (for other reasons) and she really wanted to go but didn't want to fly back by herself so her mother is going with her.

They are driving down with us and staying in our condo. Saturday they are going to MK while we go to EPCOT. Sunday they volunteered to sit for me while I enjoy lunch with my girlfriends. Monday they are going to the Studios while we go to Disneyquest. And Tuesday they are going to AK with us before heading to the airport.

Next...Some Goofy Mail

I am just soooooo excited for DD :laundy:, and the rest of the gang(just watch how they can come upon any place and overtake it like gangbusters:rotfl:) Yeah, my DGD has had a really rough and/or hectic few months, especially the last few weeks. She graduated High School on Thursday, her grandfather had been back in the hospital for a few days, and wasn't able to attend. My DS,:hug: DDIL, DGS:rolleyes1, and DGD princess:were supposed to leave on Friday morning going to New York for her graduation trip, and instead received a call to return to the hospital at 3 in the morning, and he passed away about 3:30. I am glad they are taking this trip, because my DDIL needs a break. Her dad has been sick and in and out of the hospital for about the last year. , and it has been hard on her and her sister, and their DSM. Any how, I have enjoyed reading:surfweb: everything, and catching up. I had a wonderful time in Gatlinburg last weekend. We didn't get into any trouble(Thank you, Lord), but I did try to trade my Tahoe for a huge Harley:moped:, with 3 wheels, and pulling a matching cart. I offered him $10.00, the keys to my Tahoe, and he could even keep his girlfriend, but he wouldn't take me up on it. I just don't understand some people:confused3, you know ? Well, I really need to get away from this, and start doing my job.:sad2: I'll check back in later. Bye, ya'll:wave:

How fun for Tau to celebrate his birthday at Goofy's!!! :banana: That party sounds awesome!

Your loot bags are impressive, Debra! :thumbsup2

I'm glad your niece will be able to come - sure sounds like a rough few months :sad1: I hope WDW will be just the thing to cheer her and her mom up a little!

Daisy:
I'm sorry that guy didn't trade you his harley - how rude! And you were even willing to let him have $10 and his girlfriend - he surely missed out on that deal :lmao:

Deb the stuff you've bought looks fantastic the kids are going to love it all!

The party sounds great and so much fun, what a great thing to do :thumbsup2

Phew, speed reading caught me up before you left! Plans sound great. I'm sure you'll be fine - you are one organized lady. ;)

FWIW, we didn't find Conservation Station worth the hassle in 2007 and we didn't go last year at all. ;)

Got our invitations for Tau's Birthday party and they are so cute. The beaker fits down into the one that says "You're invited...

0601092050a.jpg

0601092051a.jpg

Next...Booking the birthday party at GCC

I am just soooooo excited for DD :laundy:, and the rest of the gang(just watch how they can come upon any place and overtake it like gangbusters:rotfl:) Yeah, my DGD has had a really rough and/or hectic few months, especially the last few weeks. She graduated High School on Thursday, her grandfather had been back in the hospital for a few days, and wasn't able to attend. My DS,:hug: DDIL, DGS:rolleyes1, and DGD princess:were supposed to leave on Friday morning going to New York for her graduation trip, and instead received a call to return to the hospital at 3 in the morning, and he passed away about 3:30. I am glad they are taking this trip, because my DDIL needs a break. Her dad has been sick and in and out of the hospital for about the last year. , and it has been hard on her and her sister, and their DSM. Any how, I have enjoyed reading:surfweb: everything, and catching up. I had a wonderful time in Gatlinburg last weekend. We didn't get into any trouble(Thank you, Lord), but I did try to trade my Tahoe for a huge Harley:moped:, with 3 wheels, and pulling a matching cart. I offered him $10.00, the keys to my Tahoe, and he could even keep his girlfriend, but he wouldn't take me up on it. I just don't understand some people:confused3, you know ? Well, I really need to get away from this, and start doing my job.:sad2: I'll check back in later. Bye, ya'll:wave:

glad to hear you stayed out of trouble this time. Please tell me though...did you stay away from trouble or did you just learn to not get caught?

How fun for Tau to celebrate his birthday at Goofy's!!! :banana: That party sounds awesome!

Your loot bags are impressive, Debra! :thumbsup2

I'm glad your niece will be able to come - sure sounds like a rough few months :sad1: I hope WDW will be just the thing to cheer her and her mom up a little!

Daisy:
I'm sorry that guy didn't trade you his harley - how rude! And you were even willing to let him have $10 and his girlfriend - he surely missed out on that deal :lmao:
thanks Lisa. My niece and SIL are really doing their own thing on Sat and Mon. But i get free babysitting on Sunday which is awesome :woohoo:

Deb the stuff you've bought looks fantastic the kids are going to love it all!

The party sounds great and so much fun, what a great thing to do :thumbsup2
Thanks Jo.

Phew, speed reading caught me up before you left! Plans sound great. I'm sure you'll be fine - you are one organized lady. ;)

FWIW, we didn't find Conservation Station worth the hassle in 2007 and we didn't go last year at all. ;)
Glad you are caught up. I did CS in 2004 and thought it was only so-so also. But I do think it might be a nice break from the rest of the park. It just seemed quiet. We can skip it though if the kids are happy and not complaining.

Thos invitations are very cute!
I know!! Thanks!

Me! :wave: LOL, I looove doing laundry! :cloud9:

:rotfl: To this day, I can't Leo to set foot in there! "Too girly." :rolleyes:

Oh SHUT UP?! I had no idea this existed - very, very cool! Love the invites :thumbsup2
Are you serious? Do you really like doing laundry? Remember though that I do laundry for 7!

Those invites are too cute!!! Trust Disney to do everything right -- even down to the invitations!
Disney is awesome! everything they do they add magic to it :cloud9:

Those are cool!:goodvibes
Thanks!

Only 75.5 hours until we leave and only 85 until we arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone ! Yeah, I thought it was very rude myself, when he wouldn't take me up on the offer:rolleyes:. Yeah, those invitations are really cute:woohoo:. I saw them last night when I went to DD's to spend some time with them. When I left, DD:laundy: and DGD Chi princess: were working on the notebook, gluing printed out pages(itenerary, menus, daily schedules,etc)in their own little world:cheer2:. I don't know which one of them is the most excite, her or the kids:cool1::banana::yay::dance3:. I told Chi princess: to make sure Mom takes lots and lots of photos, Especially after Jen and Mel get with them. I have to sign out for now. Things are certainly beginning to pick with the business now. Keep those cards and letters coming, cuz I love reading all this:surfweb::thumbsup2:disrocks::tinker:. Bye for now:wave:pixiedust:

Deb those invites really are cool, the party will be so much fun :goodvibes
Thanks! I can't wait to report back on it!!

Good morning everyone ! Yeah, I thought it was very rude myself, when he wouldn't take me up on the offer:rolleyes:. Yeah, those invitations are really cute:woohoo:. I saw them last night when I went to DD's to spend some time with them. When I left, DD:laundy: and DGD Chi princess: were working on the notebook, gluing printed out pages(itenerary, menus, daily schedules,etc)in their own little world:cheer2:. I don't know which one of them is the most excite, her or the kids:cool1::banana::yay::dance3:. I told Chi princess: to make sure Mom takes lots and lots of photos, Especially after Jen and Mel get with them. I have to sign out for now. Things are certainly beginning to pick with the business now. Keep those cards and letters coming, cuz I love reading all this:surfweb::thumbsup2:disrocks::tinker:. Bye for now:wave:pixiedust:

Hi Mom!!! Bye MOM! :hug:

I did try to trade my Tahoe for a huge Harley:moped:, with 3 wheels, and pulling a matching cart. I offered him $10.00, the keys to my Tahoe, and he could even keep his girlfriend, but he wouldn't take me up on it. I just don't understand some people:confused3, you know ? , ya'll:wave:

I bet if you offered to take the girlfriend w/ the Harley, he would have jumped on the offer! :rotfl:
And you could have ditched her a few miles down the road!
:lmao:

Well folks, it appears there are still some kinks to be worked out in the reservation system for the birthday parties. The following are excerpts from some of the phone calls I have made regarding the party.

My first phone call with Disney Reservations:
Me: I want to make a ressie for my son's birthday
CM: I would be happy to help you with that. What day were you looking for
Me: Friday June 12
CM: We have that day available. I need the names and ages on that day of the children that will be coming. Starting with the Birthday child
Me: Birthday Boy is Tau and he will be turning three
CM: When will he turn three
Me: Sunday the 14th
CM: So he will still be two on June 12th?
Me: Yes ma'am
CM: They have to be three already to have a birthday party at Goofy's Candy Co.
Me: Did I say June 14th? Silly me!! I meant June 4th :rolleyes1. Yes, his birthday is June 4th. :rolleyes1
CM: ***Long Pause***

CM: um. well if that is what you tell me then that is what i will put down.
Me: Great!
CM: What are the names and ages of the other children attending
Me: Delta (6), Omicron (6), Chi (8), Alpha (9), and my friends children who are 6, 7, and 9.
CM: Ok so that is 8 children. What adults will be joining you?
Me: 4 adults.
CM: Great, that is all I need. Here is your conirmation number. Someone from Goofy's candy company will be calling you for confirmation about 2 weeks before the party.
Me: Great. Thanks!

Then a few days later a CM from Goofy's Candy Co calls me to confirm party. By this time I learned that my other friends were going to be in Orlando and had invited them.
Second phone call with CM
Me: Hello
CM: Hello, this is (sorry I never remember CMs names) from GCC to confirm your party
Me: I am so glad you called because I need to add two more children to the guest list.
CM: OK I have you down for 8 children and you want to add two to make 10 is that correct?
Me: Yes,
CM: Ok I need their ages
Me: 2 and 5
CM: The birthday party guests have to be 3 and up.
Me: Did I say 2? I'm sorry she's three.
(Guess I should have learned my lesson the first time?)
CM: Ummm..... ok. She's "three".
ME: Her parents will be there too.
CM: That's fine. But adults do not count towards the total head count so you could add two more and still be within your maximum party size.
Me: Really? Hmmmm :scratchin
CM: Yes ma'am. It is for upto 12 children
Me: If only I knew someone with two children who was going to be in Orlando that day *cough* *cough*. Maybe someone from the disboards *cough* *cough* :idea: :rolleyes1
CM: OK. Do you want cupcakes, rice crispy treats, or the marshmellow thingies that I am too lazy to look up the correct name for?
Me: Cupcakes

So today I called back to add two more guests and to also change the cupcakes to RCT because that is what DH wanted.
3rd phone call with CM
Me: I need to make some changes to my son's birthday party
CM: Ok what do you need changed.
Me: I need to add two more guests and also change the party type from cupcakes to rice crispy treats
CM: Oh, I can't do that. Let me transfer you

CM#2: Thank you for calling...
Me: Yes, I need to make changes to the birthday party i booked at GCC
CM#2: OK what do you need changed
Me: I need to add two more children
CM#2 Ok I see you have 8 children and 5 adults. If I add two more that puts you over the limit of 12
Me: No ma'am. I should have 10 children because I added two more when the lady called from GCC to confirm and she said that the adults don't count towards the party size. Maybe I should call them directly do you have their number?
CM: No, we are suppose to make all the changes. **Types on her keyboard**
**Long pause** ** MOre typing**
CM: OK, so tell me again what you need
Me: I need to add two more children and also change the party menu from cupcakes to RCT.
**Long pause with lots of typing**
I'm really afraid that if I make changes with you then they are not going to get them in time since they already have called and confirmed with me. Are you sure I can't just call them directly?
CM: No ma'am. I can make the changes for you.
**More typing**

CM: Can I put you on hold?
Me: Sure.
**Long pause**

CM: Yes, you are going to need to call GCC Directly to make those changes.
Me: (Rolling my eyes) ok. What might that number be?
CM: 407...

**Might I add that was a 35 minute conversation?**

Conversation with GCC
Me: I need to make changes to my son's birthday party
CM: Ummm. This is the front desk. I would need to get a manager to call you back. What is your number
Me: :headache:

Conversation with Katie of GCC
Me: I need to add two more children to my son's birthday party.
Katie: I would love to help you with that. :)
K: I need all their ages :)
Me: **Gives her the ages**
K: Can you tell me which ones are girls and which are boys? :)
Me: Sure. Might I ask why?
K: Because we have two different goody bags: princess and a goofy's scienterrific for the boys. :)
Me: Oh!! :yay: So the girls can get the princess package and the boys get the goofy package?
K: Um. No. :)
Me: No? :confused: I'm confused? Why, then do you need their gender?
K: I'm sorry. I thought you were booking the princess package. For the princess package we try to get the boys the goofy goodie bags because the princess bags are well, girly. But you booked the scienterrific package and it's goody bags are gender neutral so they all will get the same. :)
Me: Well that is a bummer.
K: :)
Me: So if I changed my son's birthday to a princess one then they could pick which goody bag they wanted?
K: Yes, but why would you want to do that? :)
Me: Oh nevermind
K: :)
Me: um. ok. I also want to change the menu from cupcakes to RCT
K: Ok I can change that
Me: I just want to be sure though, can we bring in a cake to the party?
K: No
me: No?
K: No. Sorry. a lot of people don't like that silly rule we have but we have it. Oh well. It's a health inspection thingy
Me: Oh. So if we do RCT then he won't have a birthday cake at his birthday party?
K: That's right :)
Me: Oh :sad1:
ME: I think I want to stick to the cupcakes then. so at least he will have something.
K: Ok. you have a great day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter