I'm back!! If I'm not crazy now I will be! I took 5 kids to DW alone!

Your kids would love DQ, some of the rides such as Pirates, Aladdin and Jungle Cruise are fantastic. You can easily spend hours in there!

I wouldn't go shopping without money as I can stand the sound of whining kids, mine not yours :rotfl:

Hey, baby girl, what's this about spending a day or part of a day at the outlet malls.......with no money to spend(ot at the very least.......very little:rotfl2:, and with the 5 kids along? Yeah, right:rotfl2: . I'm with her, listening to kids whine(my own, not hers, and certainly not my purrfect :snooty:grandchildren:rolleyes:). As a matter of fact, if I were along, I would be the one howling loudest:sad:. I mean, let's face it, going shopping ANYWHERE with little or no money, is about the same as,...as,...uummm, oh! as washing dirty feet with the shoes and socks still ON MY FEET:rotfl:. Anyhow, I am trying to tie up all the loose ends for my trip. Me senoirs group is leaving in the morning, headed to Gatlinburg, Tn. for a lonnnng weekend. I think we may be going in the church van now, and if we are, I need to lay my hands on my 2 - step ladder, so I can climb in behind the steering wheel to drive.:rotfl2:, seriously, I am that short, and the seat is that far up off the ground. This will be my last post until next Tuesday, so write some good stuff for me to read when I get back:surfweb:.

I am not a game player at ALL but we had a blast at Disney Quest. It's definitely something we have on our list this year.

My husband and kids also want to do the new hot air balloon at DTD. I won't be taking the trip though since I am terrified of heights.

We are planning on eating at T-Rex too. We all like Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex sounds like a great place to eat.

If it were me, I'd skip the outlets and spend what little money I had left :lmao:at Disney.

Sounds like we think alike.;)

:laughing: Actually I was kidding about the shopping with no money. There is no way I would drag all the kids out there just to window shop. I'm glad to hear you liked the Rainforest. I've heard mixed reviews on the place but still want to try it.

A lot of people don't like Disney Quest But I am not one of those people!

We really enjoyed it. For different reasons. DH loves games so he was thrilled to play some of the fighting games they had. I loved playing QBert and other old school games. I also loved the internet stations set up. The virtual games were ok too. It's a fun place to hang out, IMO.
I REMEMBER QBERT!!! DO they have pacman too? Galaga?

I'm not a gamer so I was a little skeptical. The kids are though so I think they would like it. Plus Alpha is always asking to ride the simulator rides at the kids museum we go to. But at $8.00 a pop I always tell him no. Besides usually it is me with all the kids, he can't ride alone, and the little ones can't ride with us, so it is just logically impossible.

We've never been to Disney Quest, so therefore I have no opinion about that (why did Forrest Gump just pop into my head? :laughing:).

That balloon ride looks fun, as does TRex, but my vote is going to your last option.

Hanging out at the resort and enjoying the pool, theatre, arcade and childrens' activities sounds like a great relaxing way to spend a non-park day to me! :goodvibes
Forrest Gump :laughing:
I had high hopes for the balloon ride but when I took a survey from the kids Delta said no way and started shaking just thinking about it. Since I will be the only adult I don't think it will work.

Your non-park day has the potential to be a lot of fun! I vote for lunch at T-Rex and a pool day! :thumbsup2
We really wanted to see the T-Rex last year but it was just before they opened. We could see the large dinosoar at the front door but that was all. I can't wait to see the rest of it.

Your kids would love DQ, some of the rides such as Pirates, Aladdin and Jungle Cruise are fantastic. You can easily spend hours in there!

I wouldn't go shopping without money as I can stand the sound of whining kids, mine not yours :rotfl:
I've seen the ads for those virtual rides. Omicron and Delta love watching the rides on you tube so I think they would get a kick out of those too

Hey, baby girl, what's this about spending a day or part of a day at the outlet malls.......with no money to spend(ot at the very least.......very little:rotfl2:, and with the 5 kids along? Yeah, right:rotfl2: . I'm with her, listening to kids whine(my own, not hers, and certainly not my purrfect :snooty:grandchildren:rolleyes:). As a matter of fact, if I were along, I would be the one howling loudest:sad:. I mean, let's face it, going shopping ANYWHERE with little or no money, is about the same as,...as,...uummm, oh! as washing dirty feet with the shoes and socks still ON MY FEET:rotfl:. Anyhow, I am trying to tie up all the loose ends for my trip. Me senoirs group is leaving in the morning, headed to Gatlinburg, Tn. for a lonnnng weekend. I think we may be going in the church van now, and if we are, I need to lay my hands on my 2 - step ladder, so I can climb in behind the steering wheel to drive.:rotfl2:, seriously, I am that short, and the seat is that far up off the ground. This will be my last post until next Tuesday, so write some good stuff for me to read when I get back:surfweb:.
Mom, you are histerical as usual. I forgot you were going to TN this weekend. We are going camping so I will see you when you get back. Have a safe trip and please don't get into trouble this time. :laughing:

Plans look great.

I cannot wait to ride the balloon.

Plans look great.

I cannot wait to ride the balloon.

Hi Scott. We had a family vote and in our house majority rules so We will not ride the balloon ride this time. :sad1:

I am kinda sad because I think I really wanted to. They may change their minds though once they see it... :rolleyes1

Objective:
Visit Africa, Asia, and travel back in time to the dinosoar era in an afternoon.

Summary:
Originally we had an 8:00 AM ressie at Tusker House but after switching our days we lost our early breakfast. So it looks like we will be eating breakfast in the room (or van LOL) and still try to make it to rope drop for Animal Kingdom. Unlike my travelling companions of EPCOT who like to sleep in, my touring partners this trip are early risers so should have no problems meeting me at 8:30 or so.

101_2799.jpg

101_2781.jpg

me holding Tau last year with Omicron, Delta, and Chi with their backs turned to the camera

I figured since I get all the kids up and ready for school in 30 minutes I should be able to handle getting them up and ready for DW in about the same amount of time. I think it will all lie in the preparation I do the night before in getting all the bags packed, clothes laid out, etc.

Once we get there things should be easier as we are meeting up with our friends (Cheryl, Nathan, and their three kids). And OMG I forgot to mention that we just found out that more friends of ours are coming that week too. They have two children ages 2 and 5. They are also visiting AK that day and will probably ride a few rides with us. I told Nathan that his job is to take the boys potty LOL since I still worry about them going in by themselves. Since Cheryl is expecting she volunteered to sit with Tau while we ride the big rides that preggos can't ride.

I have always gone to Kilimanjari Safaris first but was thinking of doing Everest first this time. Last year we did evening extra magic hours and the kids rode everest 8 or 9 times during the last hour. I hope they are not disappointed this time if we are not able to do that again.

THe only attraction I have not done at AK is the jungle parade. SO this will be a priority for me. The kids have not experienced the following:

Conservation Station and Affection Station
Flights of Wonder
Maharaja Jungle Trek
Wildlife Express Train
Primeval Whirl (Only Alpha and Chi can ride)
And of course the parade.

Of those I think I will make the wildlife express train and the CSAAS a priority for the kids.

And Tau should be able to ride Kali River Rapids this time :goodvibes

I think we will skip Nemo this time. I thought it was only so-so.

What do you have to ride/see first and what can you skip at AK?

Next...Day 6 Itinerary

That looks like a great plan, Debra! How great that you are able to meet up with so many people! :woohoo:

Yeay! Your AK day plan looks fab!!! You have our favorites listed already -- Safari, Kali, and Everest!!! Not too much longer for either one of us! :banana:

What do you have to ride/see first and what can you skip at AK?

Our priorities will be Kilimanjaro Safari, EE, Whirl, FotLK (we haven't seen that yet), Kali and Flame Tree (ok, it's not a ride, but it's a priority LOL). We're hoping to get an early morning breakfast at Tusker House too - fingers crossed!

That looks like a great plan, Debra! How great that you are able to meet up with so many people! :woohoo:

It has turned into quite a large group of us. The new family is going with their extended family whom I don't know. They already had everything planned before we realized we were all going the same week so we don't have a lot of things planned togather. They just so happen will be in AK that day. We do have something planned for Friday that I am saving for later...

Yeay! Your AK day plan looks fab!!! You have our favorites listed already -- Safari, Kali, and Everest!!! Not too much longer for either one of us! :banana:

I know! I can't beleive we are just 8 days from leaving! It has really snuck up on me. Have you checked out the weather. They only have saturday listed

Sat, Jun 6
Scattered T-Storms
Hi 89° Lo 73°

Our priorities will be Kilimanjaro Safari, EE, Whirl, FotLK (we haven't seen that yet), Kali and Flame Tree (ok, it's not a ride, but it's a priority LOL). We're hoping to get an early morning breakfast at Tusker House too - fingers crossed!
You've mentioned all my favs (except for Whirl, I just didn't get into it I guess but the kids want to ride it real bad).

Objective:
Get caught up on laundry

Summary:
Wednesday will be another off day. DH will be flying in this day so I plan to stay at the resort, swim in the pool, and do some :laundy:. This is the best feature of staying offsite in a condo - Having your own washer and dryer in the room. I usually pack half as much and do laundry midweek, then again just before we leave so that I have clean clothes when I get home. I know it sounds awful and who wants to do laundry on vacation anyway? But remember too that we are driving back on Sunday and I am working on Monday. So who wants to do laundry when returning from vacation? I know I don't. We just went camping last weekend and when we returned I did 8 loads. Then my niece came over on Tuesday and she did another 2 for me. I still have about 6 to do before I am 'caught up'.

What does that mean anyway? 'Caught up?' Are you ever really caught up on laundry, on bills, on trip reports? Does it mean that all laundry is done and everyone is naked?​

Anyway. I am not meeting Zeta at the airport. His flight isn't scheduled to land until 9:30 and I just don't want to get all the kids out that late. I gave him the number to some shuttle and taxi services. Is this being mean?

Next...Day 7 Itinerary

I don't think it's being mean. Check out the town car services. My girlfriend used one when she went and she said it was great and cheap ::yes::

What does that mean anyway? 'Caught up?' Are you ever really caught up on laundry, on bills, on trip reports? Does it mean that all laundry is done and everyone is naked?​

Too funny! My sister has UNDERWEAR ALERT at her house. She hates to do laundry so when you are on your last pair of underwear, you have an UNDERWEAR ALERT and she HAS to do laundry.:lmao:

I did see that -- I hope it is just typical Florida thunderstorms that are over quickly as opposed to the monsoon-like rains they have been having.

I don't think it's being mean. Check out the town car services. My girlfriend used one when she went and she said it was great and cheap ::yes::
Do you remember who she used? I suggested Mears to him.

Too funny! My sister has UNDERWEAR ALERT at her house. She hates to do laundry so when you are on your last pair of underwear, you have an UNDERWEAR ALERT and she HAS to do laundry.:lmao:
OMG that is hilarious!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I did see that -- I hope it is just typical Florida thunderstorms that are over quickly as opposed to the monsoon-like rains they have been having.
Today they are saying

Saturday June 6 Scattered T'storms. 89
Sunday June 7 Scattered Tstorms. 90
Monday June 8 scattered Tstorms 91

Objective:
Tour Disney's Hollywood Studios while letting DH take responsibility for the kids.

Summary:
I just realized that I have 6 days before we leave and 4 days left to cover in my PTR. So I may do a post a day to get caught up!!

Thursday we are making rope drop at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I hope DH arrives refreshed and ready to go because I am sure I will need a break by then.

Our must do's

Toy Story Mania - Love it! What more can i say?
Tower of Terror - All time favorite
RNRC - This one is for Alpha. Last year he stood in line and actually got into the car then chickened out at the last minute. This has bugged him since. He wants to ride it to conquer his fear of it.
Lights! Camera! Action Stunt show - I never seem to be able to work this into our schedule so this one is new for us
Indiana jones - New to Dh and the kids
Jedi Training - For the boys. I am still a bit disappointed that we are not able to make it to the Star Wars weekend but it just made more sense for us to go on Thursday and to MK on Saturday. I try to avoid the most crowded parks and this is one of the sacrifices we pay for hopefully less congestion.

Ones that we will skip
The Little mermaid - the boys hated this last year
sounds dangerous - DH is def in one ear plus we have some that are afraid of the dark.

We are eating lunch at the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Next... My tink bags

Deb we don't tend to do much at AK, just safari, EE, rapids (lots) and that's about it :rotfl:

I agree with the laundry thing, as we normally go for 2 weeks in August we need so many clothes so I wash a couple of times, we swim at the same time so it isn't a pain. I also have started washing before we go home as for a few dollars it saves me so much work once home, also your washers fit in loads more than the UK ones do!

DHS we go straight to TSM, FP it and ride we love it!!!!

Got some loot for our Tinkerbell bags. I am making them up with Cheryl today or tomorrow. Here is the stuff I got

0530090847a.jpg

Yes, that is 4 days worth of stuff for 8 lucky kids. She is also getting stuff to add to them and we are going to put them all together.

For EPCOT we have compasses (to find there way around the world, Chiclets gum, light up spin toys, and Chinese handcuffs. Still hoping for some more 'international' type candy.

For AK we have dinosoars, jungle animals, bugs, chocolate bugs, playdoh (Zeta's idea), and juicy fruit gum. I am hoping to get animal crackers and/or circus peanuts.

For DHS we have Cars & Mermaid light up yo-yos, Cars & mermaid balls, Green army men, and Cars & Hannah Montana raisins.

For MK we have packs of glow in the dark bracelets, Marshmellow rope candy, Keliedescopes, Pirate patches, and Pirate earrings.

And here are the autograph books i bought at Target for $1. The kids decorated them with stickers.

Here is one before and after the stickers.
0426091903a.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pics. Those were taken with my cellphone.

Next...Day 8 Itinerary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter