I will never go to WDW pushing a stroller! - Nov/Dec 2011 PTR, Final? Itinerary 11/18

Hmmmm...will this extra person be the size of a peanut perhaps? ;);)
Actually, yes! Either a peanut or some other blob shaped, small object.:confused3

Somehow I missed this update...and like Barry, I seen nothing wrong with this behavior. :lmao::rotfl2:
Having support from you and Barry both clearly indicates a proper level of immaturity!:thumbsup2

Either you found an extra ticket for me to join you, or I need to congratulate you guys. I'm gonna guess it's the latter.

CONGRATULATIONS!! party:
Good guess. Thanks!

Congratulations!!
Thank you!

Congratulations Andy! Wow... There must be something in the water or the bacon of the Disdads club!
Apparently so... we found out just before Barry's announcement. It was hard to keep quiet.:rotfl2:

Well slap me silly and call me Goofy…
y’all ain’t spectin’ another young’en are ya’…
Why yes we are, Goofy!

Congratulations!!!
party::
Thanks!

Actually, yes! Either a peanut or some other blob shaped, small object.:confused3

Congratulations!!!

Get the What to Expect app on your phone & it will tell you how big baby is compared to an object, usually fruit of some kind!! :laughing: Three of us at work were pregnant at the same time and always compared our babies..."Mine's a grape!" "Mine's a plum!"

Congratulations Andy! Always nice to have another set of hands to help around the ole farmstead, huh? You know, in like 10 years or so...

Do you have a due date yet?

CONGRATULATIONS:banana: I hope this is what I'm thinking:earsboy:or:earsgirl:
Thanks... and I believe you're thinking correctly!

Congratulations!!!

Get the What to Expect app on your phone & it will tell you how big baby is compared to an object, usually fruit of some kind!! :laughing: Three of us at work were pregnant at the same time and always compared our babies..."Mine's a grape!" "Mine's a plum!"
Hmmm... might have to check that out. We got to see an ultrasound last week, but I never get that excited about them... I guess it is a picture of the baby (so they tell me:lmao:) but I really think you could put some kind of an ink blot test next to an ultrasound image and who could really tell the difference?:confused3

Congratulations Andy! Always nice to have another set of hands to help around the ole farmstead, huh? You know, in like 10 years or so...

Do you have a due date yet?
Thanks!

Yeah, it might be time to get start getting the place ready to start raising cattle again. Dad got out of cattle when I graduated High School and he was going to have to start feeding them again. I might have to pass on the family tradition to my kids.:rotfl2::lmao:

Due date is April 12. Isn't yours in April too?

Currently the date is March 30. But I'm sure that will move with every doctor appointment...
Yeah... if it is like the last time, it will probably end up closer to late April :eek:. DW really hopes that doesn't happen again.

April 12 is Scotty's birthday. Maybe your child will be just like him!
:lmao: I could live with that, Scotty looks like he's a lot of fun!:thumbsup2 There would never be a dull moment.

we just found out that we've had a change in plans for our trip. We thought that there might be a possibility of someone else tagging along with us on our trip, but we weren't sure yet, so i didn't even mention it. It turns out though that instead of 3 of us going on the trip, there will be 4 of us... Kind of. :rolleyes1
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Now you can join the 'Dads who knocked up their wives after joining the Dis Dad's club' club! :lmao::lmao:

congratulations andy! Wow... There must be something in the water or the bacon of the disdads club!
Or the beer! :drinking1:drinking1

Hey Mark, I have a few extra beers laying around, would you care for one??? You look like you NEED another! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Congrats! What wonderful news! :)
Thanks! We're pretty excited about it.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Now you can join the 'Dads who knocked up their wives after joining the Dis Dad's club' club! :lmao::lmao:
Thanks... kind of an odd concept for a club though. :lmao::rotfl2:

Or the beer! :drinking1:drinking1

Hey Mark, I have a few extra beers laying around, would you care for one??? You look like you NEED another! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I wonder what Julie would think about that. :scared1:

:lmao: I could live with that, Scotty looks like he's a lot of fun!:thumbsup2 There would never be a dull moment.

Understatement. (noun): See above. :rotfl:

:eek:

You know, I think we're good. We'll just keep practicing. :thumbsup2

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I wonder what Julie would think about that. :scared1:

I'll have to ask her and report back on the findings.

I hate maneuvering the stroller through any crowds at all. I’ve actually only used that thing 1 or 2 times in the past year because I find it easier to just carry him if it is at all possible. It has worked out very well for me that DS loves being higher than everybody else and is always content to ride on my shoulders. Right now he only weighs 20 pounds so that has been working out well for us until Dad forgets to duck under a doorway.:headache::rolleyes1 It has only happened once... at church... in front of a crowd.:guilty:
Wow- What a tiny little bug. My son hit 24 lbs at 1 year. Have you ever used a back pack carrier? You can wear him on your back. When we went to niagara falls, my husband refused to be "slowed down" by a stroller... I should send him to the disboards to talk to all of you :)

We just found out that we've had a change in plans for our trip. We thought that there might be a possibility of someone else tagging along with us on our trip, but we weren't sure yet, so I didn't even mention it. It turns out though that instead of 3 of us going on the trip, there will be 4 of us... kind of. :rolleyes1

CONGRATULATIONS !!! You will have to let me know what it's like to a) travel with a toddler and b) a 2nd trimester pregnant wife!

I though I had posted on this when I read through the other night, but apparently I didn't!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!
Thank you!

Wow- What a tiny little bug. My son hit 24 lbs at 1 year. Have you ever used a back pack carrier? You can wear him on your back. When we went to niagara falls, my husband refused to be "slowed down" by a stroller... I should send him to the disboards to talk to all of you :)
Yeah, he's small. He's a picky eater though. Somedays he'll only want to pick at a chicken nugget and eat a few grapes, other days he'll eat 2 slices of pizza, yogurt, a package of goldfish crackers and half of whatever is on my plate.:rotfl2:

He has a cousin who is just over 8 months old now and they've been roughly the same weight for a while now. DS has been going on a growth spurt lately and is getting taller. Not sure what he weighs right now though.

We have a backpack carrier but no instructions for how to use it. I tried to use it once. By the time I got finished hooking straps where I thought they went and got DS loaded in, he looked uncomfortable and I almost strangled myself.:lmao::rotfl2: I have no idea where that thing is anymore. We're getting good with the stroller though. I've always been the commando type who will carry only items that fit in pockets. I'm actually starting to like the idea of having the stroller around to stash things in now that I'm getting more skilled at maneuvering it.

You should send your DH over to the DIS Dads Club. There's about 650 dads over there full of advice... and full of some other stuff too.

CONGRATULATIONS !!! You will have to let me know what it's like to a) travel with a toddler and b) a 2nd trimester pregnant wife!
Thanks... I'll try to provide some info in a TR after our trip. She's been having some nausea, more so than she had with DS. It could be a difficult trip, but we'll see. Hopefully she'll be over that stage by then.

Congratulations on the new addition! Very exciting! Nausea = girl. scientifically proven - the only old wives tale that's actually true.

Just found your PTR today and have enjoyed reading it - we'll be there the same time as you (Nov 29th to Dec 7) - though we'll be over at the poly. WL looks really nice - but it's so much like everything we have around here (Banff) DH just can't justify the money - though we have both commented on how Disney does Canada better than Canada. :rotfl2:

As for second Tri - that was us last trip - take lots of breaks, drink lots of water, take lots of breaks - and even if you loose a child while in line, don't forget to read all those pesky little warning signs. It never occurred to me (having ridden a couple hundred times before) that kilimanjaro would be bad for a PG lady. Those contractions just about ended our vacation. Luckily we were traveling with a Dr specializing in OB.

A couple thoughts: park hoping with a toddler can be a bit tricky. Depends on the kid, but ours would either fall asleep on the way to the bus, or fall asleep on the bus. Either way the nap lasted all of 30 min tops - making a very rough night. However - we do use a soft structured baby carrier (Ergo) and that helps to have baby sleeping on our back - then hands free. The ergo also has a small pocket for a diaper or two, wipes and wallet. No buggy.

When ours don't fall asleep, they really didn't want to waste time on a very boring, have to sit (relatively) still bus. Depends on the kid. Also traveling with only 1 makes it a lot easier. This time we not only do we get a buggy, we get a double buggy... and a carrier. PLus three (likely) sleeping children to transfer from bus/boat/monorail.

Have fun with the last minute details!

Congratulations on the new addition! Very exciting! Nausea = girl. scientifically proven - the only old wives tale that's actually true.
I'll believe it when I see it. DS was supposed to have a lot of hair, and I've seen newborns that have more hair than he has at 20 months.:lmao:

though we have both commented on how Disney does Canada better than Canada. :rotfl2:
:lmao::rotfl2: Well, I've never heard that one before, but I guess that says something for Disney theming! We were kind of torn between the Poly, Contemporary and WL... DW wanted Poly, I wanted Contemporary and we both liked WL, so that made it fairly simple.:thumbsup2

As for second Tri - that was us last trip - take lots of breaks, drink lots of water, take lots of breaks - and even if you loose a child while in line, don't forget to read all those pesky little warning signs. It never occurred to me (having ridden a couple hundred times before) that kilimanjaro would be bad for a PG lady. Those contractions just about ended our vacation. Luckily we were traveling with a Dr specializing in OB.
I would have never considered Kilimanjaro to be a problem either. I really hope she is able to do enough to have a good time though. We are definitely planning on taking some breaks though.

A couple thoughts: park hoping with a toddler can be a bit tricky. Depends on the kid, but ours would either fall asleep on the way to the bus, or fall asleep on the bus. Either way the nap lasted all of 30 min tops - making a very rough night. However - we do use a soft structured baby carrier (Ergo) and that helps to have baby sleeping on our back - then hands free. The ergo also has a small pocket for a diaper or two, wipes and wallet. No buggy.
I'm not sure how we'll do park hopping yet. Most of the hopping we plan to do will likely come with a break at the hotel for a nap/pool time in between park stops. We'll be driving, so we'll probably drive to AK, DHS and maybe EPCOT. I do kind of want to take a boat to the Contemporary and then monorail to EPCOT some time though too. DS is very good about falling asleep in his carseat and usually stays asleep when he's carried in, so I'm really hoping that the hopping with a hotel stop in between will actually work in our favor. Gotta love the unpredictability of toddlers though... :lmao:

PLus three (likely) sleeping children to transfer from bus/boat/monorail.
That would be a challenge. Good luck!:thumbsup2

Welcome, and thanks for stopping by! Hoping for low crowds while we're there and I hope your family has a great time!

I would have never considered Kilimanjaro to be a problem either. I really hope she is able to do enough to have a good time though. We are definitely planning on taking some breaks though.

I'm not sure how we'll do park hopping yet. Most of the hopping we plan to do will likely come with a break at the hotel for a nap/pool time in between park stops. We'll be driving, so we'll probably drive to AK, DHS and maybe EPCOT. I do kind of want to take a boat to the Contemporary and then monorail to EPCOT some time though too. DS is very good about falling asleep in his carseat and usually stays asleep when he's carried in, so I'm really hoping that the hopping with a hotel stop in between will actually work in our favor. Gotta love the unpredictability of toddlers though... :lmao:

Welcome, and thanks for stopping by! Hoping for low crowds while we're there and I hope your family has a great time!

Low crowds would be great!

There's lots she'll be able to do, but a few rides were a bit of a surprise that I couldn't ride. The speedway cars are another one I was surprised by lol but I'm not really a fan of them anyhow.

Driving would only be worse for us, our children HATE their carseats. :laughing: but we enjoy the busses, monorail and boats. Our girls all enjoy the monorail - we've always made a point to ride at least once while vacationing in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter