I will never go to WDW pushing a stroller! - Nov/Dec 2011 PTR, Final? Itinerary 11/18

Nothing wrong with any ADR if that is where you want to eat! Personally, I don't care much for Asian food, so you won't find me there. :lmao: I really want to go to Beaches & Cream sometime when we have more people with us so we can get the kitchen sink.
You can take it down by yourself. But wear stretchy pants and make sure you wife can carry you if need be.
I've heard that some people think Beaches & Cream has some of the best burgers on property. I'm always in the mood for a good burger and ice cream, so that's why I'd like to give it a try. Prices look pretty reasonable too. If we go there, it would be for dinner after we have lunch at Le Cellier so The Yachtsman may be a bit too substantial.:rolleyes1

The burgers are good. I love sitting at the counter and watching the cooks make the food. That's entertainment in itself!

As far as the actual place - it's pretty small. Maybe a few dozen tables, max. You check in at the podium outside and get your name on the list. Typically you can get counter seating faster than a table. If you walk from Epcot or DHS, head toward the pool (you'll see the gigantic shipwreck. Walk right up through the pool area. Beaches & Cream will be on the other side of the railing, right next to the arcade.

Sounds like the guys have you covered on Beaches & Cream info. Like they said, it's pretty tiny, so you have to go early to get in without much of a wait. The food is pretty decent, if you're in the mood for burgers/fries/ice cream. Which I am pretty much 100% of the time. :rotfl2:

That's exactly why I want to go to!!! But my brother isn't a big sweet eater... so it would be my mom, Alexa, and I eating the whole thing. Talk about sick to our stomachs :rotfl:
You know, I always look at the pictures of it and wonder how far I could get on my own. But I also watch Man vs. Food and feel pretty confident that I could handle most of those challenges too. :lmao::rotfl2:

You can take it down by yourself. But wear stretchy pants and make sure you wife can carry you if need be.
Well, if it's what I've got to do I'll just break out the Thanksgiving Pants and kick the little man out of his stroller and let her push me. :lmao: :rotfl2:

The burgers are good. I love sitting at the counter and watching the cooks make the food. That's entertainment in itself!

As far as the actual place - it's pretty small. Maybe a few dozen tables, max. You check in at the podium outside and get your name on the list. Typically you can get counter seating faster than a table. If you walk from Epcot or DHS, head toward the pool (you'll see the gigantic shipwreck. Walk right up through the pool area. Beaches & Cream will be on the other side of the railing, right next to the arcade.
Thank you for the info! :thumbsup2

Sounds like the guys have you covered on Beaches & Cream info. Like they said, it's pretty tiny, so you have to go early to get in without much of a wait. The food is pretty decent, if you're in the mood for burgers/fries/ice cream. Which I am pretty much 100% of the time. :rotfl2:
We may just have to wander over and check it out. It would be dinner time frame, so might be a bit too crowded to wait since we'll want to get on the road at a reasonable time.

If we go there, it would be for dinner after we have lunch at Le Cellier so The Yachtsman may be a bit too substantial.:rolleyes1

Are you telling me that two steak dinners in one day might be too much? :eek:

Well now that may explain why my image no longer fits into my mirror.
:rotfl:

Are you telling me that two steak dinners in one day might be too much? :eek:
Absolutely not! There's no such thing as too much steak in a day. It's just that we have this little thing in our way called a budget. Steak is good, steak at Disney prices... well we'll see. That's the reason why we're doing QSDP and all our TS ADRs are breakfast and lunch.:thumbsup2:lmao::rotfl2:

Well now that may explain why my image no longer fits into my mirror.
:rotfl:
Nah, if you believe in some certain fad diets, you should eat more steak, less carbs! Enjoy!:thumbsup2

Or if you don't believe in those fad diets, there's always the option of getting a bigger mirror.

I followed you over from my PTR! Gotta say, you and my DH are a LOT alike!! He said he didn't want to take DS to Disney World until he was tall enough to ride everything. I put my foot down to that one and we compromised on 3 years old. All that changed when we went on our "babymoon" trip so that he could start his Vinylmation collection. That trip was supposed to benefit him so he could get his Vinyls, but I got the nice benefit of making him too impatient to wait until DS was 3 to take him to WDW. And now we are not only taking him at 1, but also to DL at 18 months, and back to WDW when he is 2!!

Secondly...DH loves King's Island and Cedar Point! When we were buying our timeshare, we each had to list 3 places we'd love to visit. DH's answers were: Las Vegas, Hawaii, and OHIO! :lmao: The lady working with us actually laughed and said he was the first person she could ever remember saying Ohio was one of their top 3 places to visit, just for an amusement park! We are both coaster junkies though. He has actually been, but I haven't. Maybe one day...If they ever build a Wyndham resort there, my DH's dreams will have come true. :rotfl:

It sounds like y'all are doing a lot of the same things we are doing to prepare for a trip with a toddler. We unfortunately don't have an amusement park nearby to visit with him since Hurricane Katrina destroyed Jazzland. But we are doing our best to get him out in the stroller and see how he does in different environments.

Your plans look really good so far! I'm going to enjoy following along with the rest of your PTR. :thumbsup2

I followed you over from my PTR! Gotta say, you and my DH are a LOT alike!! He said he didn't want to take DS to Disney World until he was tall enough to ride everything. I put my foot down to that one and we compromised on 3 years old.
Well, one slight difference... I was the one that decided I couldn't wait another few years to go to WDW.:lmao:

And now we are not only taking him at 1, but also to DL at 18 months, and back to WDW when he is 2!!
And I'm officially jealous... never been to Disneyland, but I've got to make that happen sometime.

DH's answers were: Las Vegas, Hawaii, and OHIO! :lmao: The lady working with us actually laughed and said he was the first person she could ever remember saying Ohio was one of their top 3 places to visit, just for an amusement park! We are both coaster junkies though.
:lmao::rotfl2: Wow, I must take Kings Island for granted since I'm only an hour and a half away. I mean it's fun, but really??? :rotfl:
Cedar Point is a bit farther from home. I personally, haven't made it there yet, but I definitely need to sometime.

Your plans look really good so far! I'm going to enjoy following along with the rest of your PTR. :thumbsup2
Thanks! I'm enjoying yours as well, and maybe I can even pick up a few last minute tips from you if you get your TR started before we leave.:lmao:

Following you over here from my DW PTR. I'm here to follow along on your PTR may take me awhile to get caught up.

What can I say, when I went to Ohio when I was younger I had a blast. Cedar Point, King's Island, Football HoF, Rock and Roll HoF. There was a lot to do, I love thrill rides, and wanted to go back.:lmao: The lady put me on the spot and that's what jumped to mind.:rotfl2:

Subbing - stopping the lurking and starting to type! The humor and your trip dates caught my attention while researching how to do a PTR. My fam will be terrorizing the world at the same time.

Beaches and Cream sounds like a fun idea. I'll be interested to see how that works out. I'm always nervous that without an ADR the wait would be too long and my boys would be done before we ever saw the Kitchen Sink.

An extra day at the beach sounds great, as long as it's not replacing a Disney day. I think it'd be kind of fun to leave right after Thanksgiving. It would make the trip extra festive.

Following you over here from my DW PTR. I'm here to follow along on your PTR may take me awhile to get caught up.
Take your time. I'm not going anywhere... until Thanksgiving night! :lmao:

What can I say, when I went to Ohio when I was younger I had a blast. Cedar Point, King's Island, Football HoF, Rock and Roll HoF. There was a lot to do, I love thrill rides, and wanted to go back.:lmao: The lady put me on the spot and that's what jumped to mind.:rotfl2:
Nothing wrong with that. :rotfl: I haven't been up to Cedar Point and the Cleveland area myself. I definitely need to sometime. I've actually been right by Cedar Point once when I was traveling for work, but it was in the middle of a winter ice storm.:lmao::rotfl2:

Subbing - stopping the lurking and starting to type! The humor and your trip dates caught my attention while researching how to do a PTR. My fam will be terrorizing the world at the same time.
Welcome to the DISboards and thanks for posting. I'm always glad to see that somebody is actually reading what I have to say, although sometimes I wonder why they would. :rotfl: This is my first time writing one, so I'm not sure there's much to learn about PTR writing from me, but I advise you to check the links in the signatures of the others posting here, because they're who I learn from.:thumbsup2

Make sure you look for me when we get there! I'll be the guy pushing a stroller with a Mickey balloon tied to it!:lmao::rotfl2: Just don't stop in front of me.:rolleyes1

Beaches and Cream sounds like a fun idea. I'll be interested to see how that works out. I'm always nervous that without an ADR the wait would be too long and my boys would be done before we ever saw the Kitchen Sink.
Well, at this point I'm just throwing that idea out there and we'll see if it sticks. :confused3

I'm pretty sure that we'll pass on the kitchen sink, but if my mom puts her big anniversary trip together for 2012, I can definitely see my BIL and I attacking it. :thumbsup2

An extra day at the beach sounds great, as long as it's not replacing a Disney day. I think it'd be kind of fun to leave right after Thanksgiving. It would make the trip extra festive.
I'd rather add a Disney day:lmao:, but this actually should work very well. We'll be leaving late at night after a full, active day, so DS should sleep most of the drive. Once we get there, I'll have more time to rest and recover from the drive before we head to Disney. DW wants more beach time and DS loves the water so even if it is a bit on the cool side, I'm sure he'll want to splash around some. It should work well for us.:thumbsup2

An update about nothing...

I don't have much of anything important to say, but just a little bit of random information to share. DW went shopping this weekend and found a couple of shirts for DS. Honestly, if she had found a men's XL of the one on the right, I'd kind of like to have one of those.:lmao: My phone takes horrible pictures unless there is plenty of light, so I had to lay the shirts on the floor right next to the door. As you can see, DS refused to stand back, he wanted Mickey.:rotfl2:
0810011742.jpg

I actually love it when DS sees Mickey on shirts, on cups, on TV, anywhere. He gets so excited, but he is a bit of a fast talker when he gets excited. Everything he says is condensed to 1 syllable. Therefore, Mickey becomes MEEEEEE! Everytime Mickey comes on TV he points, claps and yells MEEEEEEE! :confused3 Oh well, at least he gets the importance of the situation.:lmao::rotfl2: He does say "bye bye" and "all gone" quite clearly, so I know he is capable of slowing down and speaking. I can understand how being out of chicken nuggets is much less exciting than seeing Mickey Mouse though.:thumbsup2

On a sidenote, we have a friend who is heading down to work as part of the college program. We are going to have to find a time to work into our plans to meet up with her at some point in the trip.

My mom told me she talked with this girl's mom recently. She had told her mom that she was excited that we are going to be down there, and she's looking forward to visits from people she knows because she feels like she might get homesick. She has several friends and family members who are going to try to head down to visit her during her time working there, but she also said that we were the first people who didn't ask her what she could do/get for us when we found out she was going to be there on CP. :eek: :rotfl2:

She is going to be working somewhere in one of the resorts, but I don't know exactly where or in what role yet. She had a brother who did CP a few years ago and he was a truck driver who took tourists on some African safari.:rolleyes1

Hey Andy.. just catching up...

Seems like you aren't worried about work ending on time anymore! :yay:

Adding an extra beach day sounds like a good idea. You can catch up on your rest after the drive and you can be ready to tackle the parks. :thumbsup2

I've always wanted to eat at Beaches & Cream... maybe you can just skip dinner all together and just eat ice cream. popcorn::popcorn::

Well if it’s about nothing then it belongs over yonder on the main DDC thread

DW went shopping this weekend and found a couple of shirts for DS. Honestly, if she had found a men's XL of the one on the right, I'd kind of like to have one of those.

Oh wait… It is about something. Well then I guess it does belong here.

he is a bit of a fast talker when he gets excited. Everything he says is condensed to 1 syllable. Therefore, Mickey becomes MEEEEEE! Everytime Mickey comes on TV he points, claps and yells MEEEEEEE!

Or is he trying to tell you that he wants to grow up to be Mickey?

Remember that one. We try to keep track of the funny things that Max would say when he was a tot. Believe it or not, He actually laughs when we regale the relatives with stories of such things.

On a sidenote, we have a friend who is heading down to work as part of the college program. We are going to have to find a time to work into our plans to meet up with her at some point in the trip.

I need to look into this. I know another boy that could probably do with a bit of time spent working on site at WDW. Actually I know of two, but I’m probably too old and my employer wouldn't care for it much.

This is known in the "biz" as a Seinfeld Update. :rotfl2:

As you can see, DS refused to stand back, he wanted Mickey.:rotfl2:

Can you blame him? :confused3

I can understand how being out of chicken nuggets is much less exciting than seeing Mickey Mouse though.:thumbsup2

I dunno. I get kinda worked up when I run out of chicken nuggets.

She is going to be working somewhere in one of the resorts, but I don't know exactly where or in what role yet. She had a brother who did CP a few years ago and he was a truck driver who took tourists on some African safari.:rolleyes1

I heard he got mixed up with some poachers! Sounds exciting! :eek:

I need to look into this. I know another boy that would probably with a bit of time spent working on site at WDW. Actually I know two, but I’m probable too old and my employer wouldn't care for it much.

Can we add a few more to that list? :wave2:

Hey Andy.. just catching up...

Seems like you aren't worried about work ending on time anymore! :yay:
I feel honored that you stopped by... considering we don't even see you around the DDC much anymore.:lmao:

Our wet spring turned into a dry summer. Harvest might actually start earlier than expected because some of the crop is dying off. Still not good news, because that effects the bottom line:headache:, but I don't think it will interfere with vacation.

I've always wanted to eat at Beaches & Cream... maybe you can just skip dinner all together and just eat ice cream. popcorn::popcorn::
Another very good point to consider.:thumbsup2

Well if it’s about nothing then it belongs over yonder on the main DDC thread

Oh wait… It is about something. Well then I guess it does belong here.
Ok, so I lied... kind of.:rolleyes1 The idea is to set the bar low so it is easy to meet expectations.:thumbsup2

Or is he trying to tell you that he wants to grow up to be Mickey?
:idea: Could be...

Remember that one. We try to keep track of the funny things that Max would say when he was a tot. Believe it or not, He actually laughs when we regale the relatives with stories of such things.
Does he laugh when you tell his friends though?

This is known in the "biz" as a Seinfeld Update. :rotfl2:
I considered using that for the title. :rolleyes1 :lmao::rotfl2:

Can you blame him? :confused3
No, not really.

I dunno. I get kinda worked up when I run out of chicken nuggets.
I'm not a big fan of chicken nuggets. I do get upset when the last slice of pizza is gone though.:mad:

I heard he got mixed up with some poachers! Sounds exciting! :eek:
He did. He's a big guy though. You should see those poachers now.:eek:

I need to look into this. I know another boy that could probably do with a bit of time spent working on site at WDW. Actually I know of two, but I’m probably too old and my employer wouldn't care for it much.
Can we add a few more to that list? :wave2:
You know, I think we could come up with somewhere around 650 workers for them if they'd start a DISdads program.:rolleyes1

Great shirts, I really like the one on the right, I would wear that if they had it in my size for sure :thumbsup2 At least DS knows how awesome and important Mickey is when he sees him!! You should get some great reactions on vacation :goodvibes

I am sure anyone and everyone wants to know if there is any benefit to being friends with someone working at WDW...poor girl :rotfl: I know when I worked there briefly, people were always asking me to get them free tickets - it doesnt work that way :rotfl:

Great shirts, I really like the one on the right, I would wear that if they had it in my size for sure :thumbsup2 At least DS knows how awesome and important Mickey is when he sees him!! You should get some great reactions on vacation :goodvibes
I know, that shirt is just awesome. That might be the best Mickey shirt ever.:thumbsup2 I really hope he gets excited when he finally meets Mickey. The camera will definitely be ready.

I am sure anyone and everyone wants to know if there is any benefit to being friends with someone working at WDW...poor girl :rotfl: I know when I worked there briefly, people were always asking me to get them free tickets - it doesnt work that way :rotfl:
Yeah, I almost started to feel sorry for her when I heard about that part, but I got over it pretty quick... It is hard to feel sorry for someone who will be working at Disney World.:rotfl:

On a sidenote, I have gone back to page 1 and added a Table of Contents. Better late than never, I guess. :confused3

I'll call myself out for a mathematical mistake that I made in an earlier post that is similar to one that Captain_Oblivious made in his TR just a few days ago.:rolleyes1 I got my age wrong. :lmao::rotfl2: I said that my first visit to WDW was when I was 4 years old, but I was actually 3. My sisters were born when I was 4 and my Mom was pregnant during that trip which happened about 3 months before my 4th birthday. I just started counting years when I wrote that part, but once I started thinking about it I knew it wasn't right. :rotfl2::lmao:

Regarding the debate about how young you can take a child and have them remember some details of the trip, at 3 years and 9 months, I can remember things from that first trip. :thumbsup2

Finally all caught up on your PTR. Loved the KI trip. I didn't know about Son of Beast and the problems it has been through. Makes me sad to see it like that. I'm just glad I was able to ride it when the loop was still in. I completely agree with you that Beast is the best wooden coaster out there.

This is what makes me nervous. DW might drive some so I can nap... but then again I never can sleep when I'm riding in a car. I only trust my own driving enough to fall asleep. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I know exactly how you feel.:lmao: Usually I'm the one that drives for all our trips. I feel for you for that long drive.

Nice shirts for your trip. DW and I have already started stock pilling Disney shirts for DS for our trip.

I'll call myself out for a mathematical mistake that I made in an earlier post that is similar to one that Captain_Oblivious made in his TR just a few days ago.:rolleyes1 I got my age wrong. :lmao::rotfl2:

:mad: Well, thanks for broadcasting that one! :rotfl2:

At least I now have company! :woohoo: Then again, you caught your own mistake...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter