I Hate Marshmallow Peeps

Didn't Hershey take over Cadbury's name/right to produce the filled eggs in the US? That might be why they aren't any good anymore.

I love chocolate peeps but I can't find them this year. I also love jelly beans especially the licorice and Cadbury eggs.

Send them to me!

I am not a fan of most Easter candy, but I love sponge candy. (it's a regional thing) so I will do what I can to get my hands on that. My father loved black jelly beans. I on the other hand thought my mom gave them to me because she didn't like me.
Oh, Sponge Candy! Love, love, love it. They don't have it around my part of the world, but when I visit mom in Western NY, I stock up (in cool seasons). I also devour bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs (solid chocolate with the pastel coating).

And "white chocolate" lambs, and fake "chocolate-y" and "chocolate flavoured" bunnies, and cheap dollar store quality jelly beans, and fruit & nut "crème" eggs, and multi-coloured malt "robin eggs," and probably a dozen more things...
....oh YEAH?? :mad: Well, let me tell YOU.....I really, really, REALLY hate those candy corns! BLECCCHHH! :crazy2:

images

Seriously, I mean...I just...bwhahahahah! :rotfl::laughing::rotfl2:
:lmao:

I love me some peeps! and jelly beans and most especially the Russell Stover dark chocolate covered marshmallow eggs. Yummmm. I'm on a diet and should NOT be in this thread. Got to go and I won't be back. Happy Easter!

Love some Peeps! Fresh or stale, they're one of my favorite Easter candies. I would agree with the PP who says that the bunnies taste better than the chicks--I have no idea why, but for some reason those bunnies are so much better. I don't care for regular jelly beans, but I love love LOVE the Starburst jelly beans. Those are the best kind. I also love Cadbury eggs, but only the chocolate or caramel filled ones; the regular creme just tastes wrong. Hoping for some leftovers on sale after Easter this year!

....oh YEAH?? :mad: Well, let me tell YOU.....I really, really, REALLY hate those candy corns! BLECCCHHH! :crazy2:

Yuck....I saw some Easter candy corn at Target last week. I think it was supposed to mini carrots.

And just to let everyone know, I'm not hating on Easter candy exclusively; I also hate those toasted coconut marshmallows and "fruit slices" that are in the Passover section. But I love me some good macaroons. :lovestruc

Last edited:
I love peeps. it has to be real chocolate not that nasty plamer crap you find in walmart I buy good candy at a local candy store. I also have to have reeses peanut butter eggs

I do like peeps, fresh or stale. But I hate cheap chocolate during any specialty season. Gag.

My family like the small name brand jelly beans, but not the cheap ones. I've never been a fan.

BUT, the best thing about Easter candy are Reece's eggs. They are the best of all the various Reece's cups/trees/hearts/etc. They just seem to have the correct proportion of peanut butter to chocolate. lol I always have to have at least one. :)

I love peeps. it has to be real chocolate not that nasty plamer crap you find in walmart I buy good candy at a local candy store. I also have to have reeses peanut butter eggs
....I think the correct name is Palmer....and how are they still in business?

I like Reese's PB Eggs, Cadbury mini-eggs (something about that crunchy shell...) and Starburst Jelly Beans. Everything else is crap.

....I think the correct name is Palmer....and how are they still in business?

Apparently lots of people buy that Palmer crap, but I consider it the nadir of low end candy companies. Most of their stuff is fake "chocolate-y", "chocolate flavored", or "rich cocoa coating." Even their real chocolate is vile. They probably put in the bare minimum to legally label it as "milk chocolate."

That reminds me....when my kids were little, some woman asked them something along the lines of "Are you being good so the Easter Bunny will bring you milk chocolate?" Yeah, technically that's what it is, but who the heck actually refers to Easter candy as milk chocolate? :rolleyes2

Oh, Sponge Candy! Love, love, love it. They don't have it around my part of the world, but when I visit mom in Western NY, I stock up (in cool seasons). I also devour bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs (solid chocolate with the pastel coating).

See I love the mini eggs as well... I can't keep those in the house because I will eat them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter