"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!" An August 2011 TR! COMPLETE 11/30

Chapter 13- Our First Park of the Trip!

August 19th, 2011​

Well hello there DIS friends! I am only 8 days away from my Disney trip with Allie, and I AM SO EXCITED!!! I have a lot to do between now and then, such as some updates for this trip report! I really want to get to the surprise before I leave, but if I don't, it gives you all something to look forward to when I get back, along with a new trip report! For now, here we go...

We got up this morning at around 6:15 A.M. We had to pack up our stuff, load it into the car, and drive around to El Centro! Today was the day we were switching rooms! We left our luggage with Bell Services, and Sarah and I watched Pluto cartoons while Mom and Scott re-checked in.

The whole process didn't take to long, and because EPCOT had early EMH that morning, we headed to the bus stop to wait for a bus there! While we were there, Mom and I cancelled our Via Napoli lunch because of where we were going to dinner that night. I had heard how filling the meal was and I wanted to be ready for it. I also spotted a DANCING PEOPLE PIN on a Cast Member's lanyard and when I asked him to trade for it, he said I couldn't because they were his own personal pins.

HEART. BROKEN.

However, if you see THIS update from May, you will see how my heart was mended!

It didn't take to long for an EPCOT bus to come, and we were at the park by 7:50!

dsc04550fg.jpg

We waited in line to get into the park, and while we there a lady in line was mesmerized by my nails and asked me to explain each one. She was so sweet!

Here's a crowd shot of the morning:
dsc04552xf.jpg

Not too bad...summer crowds, ya know.

We also saw Monorail Peach go by while we waited. She is so pretty:
dsc04554wt.jpg

The line moved pretty swiftly and we were in the park by 8:02! Of course everyone was doing the mad-dash to Soarin', and we were no exception! I took some pics along the way...

dsc04555ou.jpg

I love this fountain:
dsc04556yh.jpg

dsc04562k.jpg

They were recruiting Agents for Kim Possible's mission at Innoventions West that morning. NOTE: they no longer do this for Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. Only in the countries themselves can you sign up.

And that is your Frump Touring Tip of the Day!

dscn0053o.jpg

dsc04563iz.jpg

dscn0054d.jpg

Pretty soon we were inside The Land and I was smelling the beautiful smell and enjoying the colors and the morning sunshine.

dscn0055i.jpg

Mom doesn't do heights...or simulated heights, so she got Fastpasses for later for Scott, Sarah and I and enjoyed a coffee and some relaxation at Sunshine Seasons while she waited for us.

Meanwhile, we got in a "30-minute" stand-by line (it was really 20) and moved pretty quickly through the queue!

Here is Sarah all excited for her first ride of the trip!

dsc04576a.jpg

We start off with a bang in this family.

Now what would a ride on Soarin' be without a good ol' Patrick deer face?

dsc04581x.jpg

Unfortunately, it's a little blurry. That man just moves way to quickly for my camera!

Our first ride was very fun and exhilirating, and of course my favorite part is the seat belts all clicking at once at the end. Just kidding it's not. Well maybe...

I'm a dork.

After they thanked us for Soarin' with them, we met up with Mom and decided to grab some breakfast at Seasons!

dsc04584t.jpg

Just kidding, I didn't get dessert for breakfast. Although I was tempted to...

Mom and Scott both got breakfast paninis with a side of breakfast potatoes. They paninis had egg, ham and pulled pork in them and they were really good! Definitely a nice, filling breakfast.

dsc04585ad.jpg

Sarah and I went the lighter route. She got a croissant and some jelly to slather all over it.
dsc04587f.jpg

I went the more unique route. I had heard about this stuff from dizneeat and just HAD to try it.
dsc04589s.jpg

The croissant berry pudding!!!

Ohhhh my Lord this was fantastic. Like a bread pudding on steroids! It was excellent! The berries were a little tart, which was great to balance our how sweet the croissants were. I loved every bite and blatantly refused to share!

I also got a yogurt, which tasted really good on top of a bite of the croissant pudding. BERRY EXPLOSION OF YUM!

dsc04588bs.jpg

We all really enjoyed our breakfasts, and after we were finished we decided to ride an attraction that I hadn't done in a long time and no one else had ever been on!

It was Living with the Land time! Mom and Scott loved it and were really inspired by some of their growing techniques. They were also really impressed that some of the restaurants in EPCOT served vegetables grown in their greenhouses. I told them that Garden Grill did that, and they were really excited for our ADR later in the trip because of it. Sarah loved it too, because she was having a blast looking for the Hidden Mickeys!

Yeah, I've trained her well.

So proud, so proud.

So as we meandered through the greenhouses, I spotted some Jackfruit!

dsc04601bs.jpg

For Jess...LOL.

I also spotted some cute ponds with the most perfect Lily Pads I've ever seen!
dsc04603ot.jpg

dsc04604xf.jpg

And then I started singing the old song... "Just make believe, you're a tiny little seed..."

dsc04606hg.jpg

"Let's listen to the land we all love, nature's plan will shine above, listen to the laaaaand, listen to the land."

dsc04610n.jpg

Hidden Mickey sighting!
dsc04609e.jpg

Nine-Pound Lemon...a.k.a. lemonade for The Hulk:
dsc04612z.jpg

dsc04616j.jpg

After our adventure in The Land, we headed out to discover our Imaginaaaation!

Continued in Next Post

Oh man!! I just love Soarin'! What a fabulous ride. And Patrick Deerface was just on the show "The Soup" on E! and it was so wonderful. Just because it's him! I love that guy so much!!

YUM, breakfast at Sunshine Seasons looks sooooo good! Especially since I am ready for breakfast right now!! Hahaha. YUM. That berry bread pudding looks divine. And that panini!!!! YUMMY!!!

Living with the Land is SUCH a nice little gem. I love it. I really want to go to Epcot and get the thing where you can buy a plant that was "born" in Epcot and then raise it back home! So fun!!

P.S. My 3 year old son likes to sit next to me whenever I look at Disney stuff because he loves it too and I like to add his little comments in there. He was mostly mesmerized by the yogurt in your latest update. (Maybe I should feed him?) And just now he goes, "That's lot of letters! Good typing, Mom!" haha

Oh man!! I just love Soarin'! What a fabulous ride. And Patrick Deerface was just on the show "The Soup" on E! and it was so wonderful. Just because it's him! I love that guy so much!!

YUM, breakfast at Sunshine Seasons looks sooooo good! Especially since I am ready for breakfast right now!! Hahaha. YUM. That berry bread pudding looks divine. And that panini!!!! YUMMY!!!

Me too! It's so much fun! AHH was he really? That's awesome! I love it!

It was! I know, I wish I had that stuff for breakfast today! It was SOOO yumm!​

Living with the Land is SUCH a nice little gem. I love it. I really want to go to Epcot and get the thing where you can buy a plant that was "born" in Epcot and then raise it back home! So fun!!

P.S. My 3 year old son likes to sit next to me whenever I look at Disney stuff because he loves it too and I like to add his little comments in there. He was mostly mesmerized by the yogurt in your latest update. (Maybe I should feed him?) And just now he goes, "That's lot of letters! Good typing, Mom!" haha

It really is! I love it! I've never heard of that before, but I'd love to do it too!

Aww that's so sweet! He was probably hungry haha. How cute!

8 DAYS! YAY! I'm so excited for you!! :dance3:

Umm..why would that CM walk around with his personal pins on his lanyard? That's kind of weird. It seems like he would expect people to ask to trade.

I love how much attention you were getting for your nails! They are quite impressive!

Oh my gosh, that croissant berry pudding is SO good. I had that awhile back and I was freaking out over it. YUM.

You are such a good big sister. She's going to grow up to be an amazing DISer! ;)

8 DAYS! YAY! I'm so excited for you!! :dance3:

Umm..why would that CM walk around with his personal pins on his lanyard? That's kind of weird. It seems like he would expect people to ask to trade.

I love how much attention you were getting for your nails! They are quite impressive!

Oh my gosh, that croissant berry pudding is SO good. I had that awhile back and I was freaking out over it. YUM.

You are such a good big sister. She's going to grow up to be an amazing DISer! ;)

Thanks! I haven't been this excited for something in so long!!!!! MAJOR Disney withdrawl over here....and it's only been 2 months!

That's what I wondered! I would think that Disney would have a rule against that...

Aww thanks! Not gonna lie...I did too! They're a LOT of work! But I love it!

Amen. It's amazing. I can't wait to have it again! :lovestruc

Thanks! I try to brainwash her as much as I can! :upsidedow

Living with the Land is my life! How I would love to be on one of those boats right this minute!

How exciting that your trip is so close. Didn't you say y'all are staying at AK villas? Can't wait to hear all about it on your next TR - I'm so intrigued by AKL. It looks wonderful.

Living with the Land is my life! How I would love to be on one of those boats right this minute!

How exciting that your trip is so close. Didn't you say y'all are staying at AK villas? Can't wait to hear all about it on your next TR - I'm so intrigued by AKL. It looks wonderful.

Hahaha really? It's awesome! I love those boats!

I am SO excited! One week!!! :thumbsup2 You might even see some AKL on this TR... ;) It's a family favorite! We all LOVE it! :goodvibes

Chapter 14- Radiating Those Disney-Lovin' Vibes...​

August 19th, 2011​

Sorry this update isn't very content-heavy, but it got deleted so I had to re-do it, it's 2:30 in the morning, and not all that much happened! :P

We headed over to Figment, where Imagination was a BLAST!

dsc04619p.jpg

dsc04639xm.jpg

We all loved it, and Figment still remains one of my favorite aspects of Disney!

We walked around ImageWorks a bit and then headed over to The Seas.

dsc04641t.jpg

dsc04642s.jpg

dsc04651mn.jpg

dscn0056ah.jpg

We explored the sea with Mr. Ray and the gang and then had a nice chat with Crush at Turtle Talk! I loved that the majority of the kids there were British! Awesome accent Central!

We decided to head over to World Showcase for some lunch, and on the way we saw...

dsc04652a.jpg

Monorail Peach making her rounds!

dsc04653j.jpg

dsc04655f.jpg

The Jamminators! These guys are awesome and SO enthusiastic! I love them!

dsc04657ck.jpg

dsc04659e.jpg

dscn0057iq.jpg

dscn0058r.jpg

dsc04667d.jpg

dsc04668bo.jpg

dscn0059z.jpg

dsc04673wx.jpg

dsc04678f.jpg

And some beautiful scenery!

We decided to have lunch at the Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe, but first we had to see Alice! She had basically no line!

dscn0061qs.jpg

dscn0063p.jpg

dscn0064qx.jpg

She was so cute! She loved the "mirrors" (sunglasses) on my face and the "pixie dust" (eyeshadow) on my eyes! So precious!

dsc04682dc.jpg

Now we were hungry! So Mom, Scott and Sarah waited in line while I got us a nice table inside the Pub in the A/C. While I was in there, I had a nice chat with a guy who came up to me, sat down at my table, and told me that he could just tell that I was a true Disney-lover. It was so cool! It turns out that his wife had been working for Disney World since August of 1971- two months before WDW opened to the public! SO awesome! So this guy gets into the park for free forever! How sweet is that!?

Not long after the nice older man bid me adieu, the rest of the fam had arrived with the food. We all had the same thing, the delicious, light and flaky fish with the fresh and heavenly chips. We also had the buttery and TOTALLY YUMMO shortbread for dessert! Everything was wonderful! The U.K. is definitely one of our favorite CS locations in Disney!

dsc04686k.jpg

dsc04688kv.jpg

dsc04695y.jpg

After lunch, we found ourselves some more characters to chat with!

Stay tuned!

Continued in Next Post

Haha, I admit that one of my favorite parts of Soarin' is the sound of the seatbelts! I had to get it on video in 2010 and again in 2011.

What a great interaction with that man who talked to you while waiting for lunch! That's amazing that his wife has worked there for so long. I wonder how many times he's been in the parks!

The world showcase has so many great options for CS, it's always hard to pick one but those shortbread cookies look delicious.

Yay for figment...one of my faves

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

Ah, Livin' with the Land, one of my favorite rides! Yes, I am a frump too:goodvibes I love the Rose & Crown Pub. We had an app & beer in there on our last trip. It's just so nice inside.

I am going to try out pin trading on my next trip. It seems so much fun!

That Mary Poppins topiary. I am in love.

I love how Patrick makes the deer face. It’s just so awesome.

Now I have Listen to the Land stuck in my head. Good thing my mom loves that song so she won’t kill me for singing it all day.

Pixie dust. I love it!

What a productive and fun morning!

The UK is so delicious! :lovestruc How sweet of that man to talk to you! I love people like that! :goodvibes

Haha, I admit that one of my favorite parts of Soarin' is the sound of the seatbelts! I had to get it on video in 2010 and again in 2011.

What a great interaction with that man who talked to you while waiting for lunch! That's amazing that his wife has worked there for so long. I wonder how many times he's been in the parks!

Ahh that's awesome! I LOVE that sound!

That guy was SO nice! I loved chatting with him! He said he comes all the time! I imagine multiple times a week!

The world showcase has so many great options for CS, it's always hard to pick one but those shortbread cookies look delicious.

Yay for figment...one of my faves

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

It really does! We always love to go to the UK though.

Figment is the best! :thumbsup2

Ah, Livin' with the Land, one of my favorite rides! Yes, I am a frump too:goodvibes I love the Rose & Crown Pub. We had an app & beer in there on our last trip. It's just so nice inside.

It's totally fine! YAY for frumps!

Me too! It's really nice. I would love to just sit in there all afternoon!​

I am going to try out pin trading on my next trip. It seems so much fun!

That Mary Poppins topiary. I am in love.

I love how Patrick makes the deer face. It’s just so awesome.

Now I have Listen to the Land stuck in my head. Good thing my mom loves that song so she won’t kill me for singing it all day.

Pixie dust. I love it!

You definitely should! It's such a blast!

I WANT.

His deer face ranks up there with mine and Jess'. :laughing:

I know, me too. I've been singing it for DAYS!

She was so clever! :-)

What a productive and fun morning!

The UK is so delicious! :lovestruc How sweet of that man to talk to you! I love people like that! :goodvibes

We had so much fun!

Agreed! YUM. That man was so nice! I loved chatting with him!​

HI there :wave2: great update. I can't believe the rest of your family had never been on the Land?? I love that ride and the way it smells, especially in the beginning near the water fall and buffalo. Mmmm, the fish and chips look so yummy. Last time my husband and I went to Rose and Crown and it was meh, we decided the counter service is much better. I really love figment too. I think you would appreciate my "avatar". Taken in early 80's when Dreamfinder was a face character with Figment puppet!! SO cute.

<------------ Look forward to next update. :) -Amanda

HI there :wave2: great update. I can't believe the rest of your family had never been on the Land?? I love that ride and the way it smells, especially in the beginning near the water fall and buffalo. Mmmm, the fish and chips look so yummy. Last time my husband and I went to Rose and Crown and it was meh, we decided the counter service is much better. I really love figment too. I think you would appreciate my "avatar". Taken in early 80's when Dreamfinder was a face character with Figment puppet!! SO cute.

<------------ Look forward to next update. :) -Amanda

Hi there! Thanks so much! I know, it's crazy! I love that ride. They were sooo good! I've never been to the TS, but I'll take your word for it! I love your avatar! I'm sad that I never knew what Figment was like with Dreamfinder. ): I'm so little haha.​

Isn't Pin trading the best?? I just started in January and I love it, so fun!!

I'm so glad you posted about the tea at the Grand Floridian- my mom and I are planning a Mother/Daughter trip for next year, and that sounds like a perfect thing for us to do together! Usually I go to WDW with my husband and while he is an awesome person to do Disney with, I don't think tea would really be his thing haha!

It is so funny that you commented on the smell of The Land pavilion- it is so delicious!! It is one of my most vivid Disney memories, it just smells SO amazing in there! yum!

Loved your photos with Alice and all the gorgeous epcot scenery! It is SO beautiful there! :cutie:

Isn't Pin trading the best?? I just started in January and I love it, so fun!!

I'm so glad you posted about the tea at the Grand Floridian- my mom and I are planning a Mother/Daughter trip for next year, and that sounds like a perfect thing for us to do together! Usually I go to WDW with my husband and while he is an awesome person to do Disney with, I don't think tea would really be his thing haha!

It is so funny that you commented on the smell of The Land pavilion- it is so delicious!! It is one of my most vivid Disney memories, it just smells SO amazing in there! yum!

Loved your photos with Alice and all the gorgeous epcot scenery! It is SO beautiful there! :cutie:

Yes! It's SO much fun!!

I hope you can do it on your Mother-Daughter trip! That would be perfect! :)

I agree! I am in love with that smell!

Thanks! I can't WAIT to be back there! 6 days!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter