"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!" An August 2011 TR! COMPLETE 11/30

I just read all of the updates and I'm just reminiscing now :) AHHH that was such a beautiful time of life. I really miss it a lot. That trip was so magical and I loved reading about it from your point of view. You have a great and frumpy writing style... Very Disney like! Can't wait for spring 2014.... ;) (I hope to God!)

I just read all of the updates and I'm just reminiscing now :) AHHH that was such a beautiful time of life. I really miss it a lot. That trip was so magical and I loved reading about it from your point of view. You have a great and frumpy writing style... Very Disney like! Can't wait for spring 2014.... ;) (I hope to God!)

Hahaha there's five. I'm loading you all up LOL.

I loved that trip. <3 <3 <3 It's not over yet! Much more frumpiness to come, as of course you know! Yeah I'm a huge frump, but thanks princess! :goodvibes

God I hope we can do the DCP together!!!!! How fun would that be!?!? :hug: Spring 2014!!! ::yes::

So I realised I have been lurking again, sorry! Loved your updates! Kinda think it might be cheating if I have a go at the English translations though! Haha. If you get stuck I'll help though! :) loved your Ohana dinner, it looks so good! I'm hungry just looking at it!

Loved hearing about the surprise from yor perspective too, it looks so magical! I got so excited for you! (Even after reading it in Jess's TR!) :) I love that Jess and Nat did that for you :) too cute! :) not long until your trip! I hope you've managed to save some more money now (or asked grandma for some more!)

Yay! The surprise!! :cool1: How exciting! I love those pictures...the look(s) on your face are just priceless!

I stink at Buzz too...it's just...difficult! :sad:

So I realised I have been lurking again, sorry! Loved your updates! Kinda think it might be cheating if I have a go at the English translations though! Haha. If you get stuck I'll help though! :) loved your Ohana dinner, it looks so good! I'm hungry just looking at it!

Loved hearing about the surprise from yor perspective too, it looks so magical! I got so excited for you! (Even after reading it in Jess's TR!) :) I love that Jess and Nat did that for you :) too cute! :) not long until your trip! I hope you've managed to save some more money now (or asked grandma for some more!)

That's quite alright! I've been guilty of the same! Thank you!! :-) Hahaha please help us all out! :thumbsup2 It's anyone's game!

Ohana was sooo good! I could go for all of that right about now!

It really was! Some things will be a little repetitive, but I'm hoping my perspective will freshen things up a bit! They are the best friends I could ever hope for! :goodvibes

I've managed to do absolutely nothing on that front actually haha. I gotta get on that!​

Yay! The surprise!! :cool1: How exciting! I love those pictures...the look(s) on your face are just priceless!

I stink at Buzz too...it's just...difficult! :sad:

It was so awesome! Such a magical moment!!

It really is! I'm much better at TSM!​

Chapter 19- The Frumps Are Back, Baby! Part 2!

August 19th, 2011

Hello there DIS-lifers! This is the last of SIX updates that I posted today! I wanted to get a whole slew of awesome ones out there for y'all to read while I'm gone! There are exactly 4.5 days until Allie and I are in DISNEY WORLD!!! I cannot even WAIT!!!! :banana: I'll be live-tweeting and Instagramming (is that a word?) so FOLLOW ME!! My twitter is @disney_frump and my Instagram is disney_frump also. Just click on those for links to my profile/photos! I cannot wait to go and I hope you all enjoy reading these updates in my absence! Just remember, this means ANOTHER Trip Report for you to read! It's gonna packed with fun, frumpiness, food, and even a DISmeet! YAY! Have a magical day! :wizard:

We headed to the Hub and took advantage of our togetherness to take some pictures with my beautiful Castle. ♥

dsc0147dl.jpg

We're getting closer...
dsc0148pe.jpg

HELLO THERE.
dsc0149ba.jpg

Then we headed over to Adventureland and hopped in line for the Jungle Cruise!

dsc00101qo.jpg

Jungle Cruise...RIGHT NOW!
dsc00102rp.jpg

I love this ride SO much. The corny jokes, the khaki outfits...the good life, people.

We headed over to visit some swashbuckling friends at Pirates of the Caribbean next!

dsc0160mj.jpg

Jess loves him. So do I. So do all of us. Jack Sparrow is such a commodity. :lovestruc

Next we headed to my favorite- Splash Mountain!!! We walked right on and Jess and I sat in the front row!!

Is their any other way to ride??

I don't think so.

Nat and Sarah went all fart shoes on us and wore ponchos...whatever.

LOSERS.

Just kidding I love them. :-)

We had a blast in the Laughing Place and fell right into that Briar Patch without breaking a single bone.

dsc0162gx.jpg

A successful journey, all in all.

Then we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to dry off!

dsc00105shh.jpg

dsc00104uq.jpg

It was about 1:30 in the morning at this point, but we were still goin'! THERE IS NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!!!

dsc00108va.jpg

dsc00106ku.jpg

After our wildest ride in the wilderness, we said goodnight to Mom, Scott and Sarah, who were too tired to carry on.

The Frumps, however, had other things in mind. Even though the EMH ended at 2, we were hoping for one last thriller to round out the Triple Mountain WHAMMY all in a ROW!

IT WAS SPACE MOUNTAIN TIME!!!

The left side wasn't working so we ended up waiting about 20 minutes, which was totally fine! We were delirious at this point and pretty much everything was funny! :P

dsc0164sr.jpg

We headed out of Tomorrowland at about 2:30 and heard the Wells Fargo Wagon song from the Music Man when we hit Main Street!

Jess, Nat and I were all in that show together and LOVED it, so hearing this song stirred up some extra energy in us!

As we were skipping down Main Street, the Kiss Goodnight began! We all freaked out and Jess and I began shamelessly dancing in the middle of Main Street.

dsc00110bh.jpg

dsc00111vp.jpg

No one was mad.

Then Mickey Mouse said goodnight to us and we frumped it right out of the Magic Kingdom!

RE! RE! RE! HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!
dsc00114vv.jpg

I saw a Muppets poster on the way to the bus stop as it was promoting the movie which came out last November. I basically had a conniption. It was a solid way to end a most eventful and fantastic night.

We waited a really long time for a CSR bus because it seemed that the entire population of the United States was staying at our resort.

But it was fine, because we could just have A SLEEPOVER AT THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!

dsc0173mr.jpg

YEAH YEAH!

Just kidding. We got a bus eventually and got back to Coronado Springs at about 3:30 A.M.! Whew. What a DAY.

Jess and Nat were literally staying three floors below me. I was on the fourth floor of Casitas 5 and they were on the first floor of the exact same building. How convenient! I said goodnight to them and headed up to my room, where everyone was out cold. I took a shower and crashed on my comfy Disney bed. :cloud9: Tomorrow was gonna be a frump-filled day with another monumental dining experience! What was it, you may be asking? Well...

Stay tuned! ;)

Continued in Next Post

That's quite alright! I've been guilty of the same! Thank you!! :-) Hahaha please help us all out! :thumbsup2 It's anyone's game!

Ohana was sooo good! I could go for all of that right about now!

It really was! Some things will be a little repetitive, but I'm hoping my perspective will freshen things up a bit! They are the best friends I could ever hope for! :goodvibes

I've managed to do absolutely nothing on that front actually haha. I gotta get on that!​

Haha well I've done them all for you if you want them, I'll post them in white so if people want a go they don't have to see it! :) some of them were weird, I swear they just picked strange terms because they could!

Awesome update number 6 too :thumbsup2 I love how many you're putting up :)

Here are the answers, just highlight them if you want them :)

Vacuum - Hoover
Elevator - Lift
Cell phone - Mobile
Fries - Chips
Sneakers - Trainers
Cookies - Biscuits
Chips - Crisps
Highway - Motorway
Sidewalk - Pavement
Candy - Sweets
Trunk - Boot
Hood - Bonnet
Pants - Trousers
Truck - Van or lorry, depends on the size!
Bun I'm not sure about because we definitely use that too so who knows!
Gas - Petrol
Couch - Sofa
Restroom - Toilet (or loo as someone pointed out!)
Pacifier - Dummy
Vacation - Holiday*
Egg plant - Aubergine
Flashlight - Torch
Sweater - Jumper
We generically just call soda a drink, or a fizzy drink, or up North it's pop :)

I love your updates so far! :)
It must be awsome being surprised by your friends in Disney!!

Oh, and so are you and Allie leaving on Friday for Disney? That's when I leave for Disneyland!

Wait a minute - Prince Philip?! What?! I think I like that costume as much as the white Prince Ali costume that Aladdin wears in the Boo to You parade.

The British phrase quiz: I think I know a few that haven't been named:
cell phone = mobile
sneakers = trainers
cookies = biscuits
chips = crisps
eggplant = aubergine
trash = rubbish
truck = lorry, maybe?
gas = petrol
elevator = lift
sweater = jumper

We love Mary Poppins, too! To me, the best part of the Great Movie Ride was seeing her carousel pony in the lobby.

The surprise looked like it was so much fun!! Y'all are really making some great memories! Can't wait for the live tweets and instagrams!

Okay I haven't ready everything yet, but you seriously have me second guessing a LUNCH ressie for Kona!! LOL That breakfast looks DEVINE!!! hahaha Maybe we'll eat a lunch and breakfast????? Would that be overkill???

Also, how in the world do you live without a Chick Fil A?! My favorite fast food place, hands down!

I saw you tweeted that you updated six times so I quickly ate dinner and dashed for the computer to read the updates! 1…2…3…let the comments begin!

I am no help as to what any of those words are called in the U.K. Sorry!

In that first picture with you and Tigger, it looks like you are having a stare down with him or you are very interested in what he was “saying.”

I cannot BELIEVE how you got out of that mess in the U.K. How did you ever get through those crowds?! My goodness!

Trying the Napoleon is on my To Do list for August.

Wow I have never seen Prince Phillip!

The monorail is just perfect. Only 34 more days until I can ride it. Thank the Lord because I am having withdrawals. Except the new monorail voice guy…but I won’t get into that right now.

We are trying Ohana for the first time in August and I’m so excited!

THE FOOD LOOKS SO GOOD. OHMYGOD.

Pete sounds like the most awesome CM. EVER.

I still can’t believe Jess and Nat surprised you at Disney (I bet it’s the same with you too!). Like that is the best surprise ever!

Your castle pictures are awesome!

I do terrible on Buzz. It’s so hard though!

I just want to wear khaki outfits for the rest of my life. That would be the perfect job.

I really wish guests could sleep over at the magic kingdom. All I wish for is one day where everyone brings sleeping bags and everyone camps out on Main Street. That would be the life.

I will be waiting to hear about the rest of the trip after you come back from DISNEY! I hope you have a great time!

Update by 6 woah and yay all at once :)

While we were browsing around the shops, we found this board of U.K. trivia. I only know some of these, so why don't we open it up to the readers? In your comment, tell me which U.K. phrases you know and which American term they match up with!

dsc04710q.jpg
I know, I know!

Vacuum = Hoover
Elevator = lift
Cell phone = mobile phone
fries = Chips
sneakers = runners (I think this may be the Irish version) I've heard trainers used as well
cookies = biscuits although the ones with chocolate chip with call those chocolate chip cookies.
chips = crisps
highway = motorway in England in Ireland we also call the motorways Duel Carraigeways
sidewalk = footpath
candy = sweets
trunk = boot
hood = I'm guessing they're referring to car here so bonnet
pants = trousers
truck = We use truck here as well but I'd say they mean lorry. Van is smaller than Lorry. The Coca Cola trucks in America we'd call that size a Lorry.
bun = What are they talking about there? I think they might have meant to write cupcake maybe because we call those muffins and ours aren't halk as fancy as the Disney cupcakes we haven't got all the fancy creamy stuff on top and none of the yummy middle ours are very plain. Maybe that's not what they mean at all what do you call buns?
gas = petrol or diesel
couch = sofa
restroom = bathroom, toilet or loo
trash = rubbish and a trashcan is a dustbin or just bin for short
pacifier = dummy, doody or soother
vacation = holiday
egg plant = aubergine
flash light = torch
sweater = without hood is a jumper, with hood is a hoodie
soda = Fizzy drink, mineral, my nieces live in england and they call it Fizzy pop

It helps that I'm from the neighbouring country to the UK so most of our terms are similar although I've given Irish terms there so maybe UK differ slightly still with some of those.

You're O'Hana meal sounds amazing but I don't think Momma and I could handle all that food with just the two of us.

I loled at the fact that you posted Jess a postcard when you were about to meet her in the park even though I know you didn't know.
I read the surprise on Jess's trip report and saw the video it was so cool looking :rotfl:

Wow, you are updating at lightening speed!!!

Aren't the Napoleons THE BEST??? I love love love love love them, they're simply amazing. I'm glad you enjoyed them as well!!!

Your meal at Ohana looks great, but a bit overwhelming!! That looks like a TON of food! And I'd definitely want to attempt to save room for that dessert!

How awesome that the surprise worked out!!! You guys definitely look like you're having the best time ever in the MK that evening!! :goodvibes

OMG I love your updates. Thank for all of them. But I'll still probably be sad (and CRAZY jealous) that you can't update while you are gone. But you'll be in Disney SO YAY!!! And then I get to read more updates!!

I really freaking love Ohana. SO GOOD!! I am waiting for dinner to cook while reading so of course, reading was like torture. It really is sooo good though.

And YAY EMH at MK! And best friends showing up to vacay with you. Lucky girl!! I love your guys spunk and silliness and frumpiness. You guys are just too cute.

Have a great trip!!

OMG 6 updates???? Hooray!! Although I greedily read them all in one sitting, haha! :-)

Ohana looks amazing- I literally felt full just reading about all the delicious food! YUM!

Loved your surprise pictures- You guys looked so excited to be together! The castle pictures are gorgeous! You sure know how to fit a lot of fun into EMH!

Looking forward to your updates on twitter/instagram from next trip!! I'm pinkowlreads on twitter and NicoleDreibelbeis on instagram :-)

what fantastic updates! i'm pretty sure i would have cried many tears of joy if someone surprised me in disney like that.

have the greatest trip!!!! i'll be following your twitter & IG updates :goodvibes

Holy wow that food looks good!!!!!!! I want to try O'hana so badly! Lol I love your tips!

Yayyyy!!!!! It's the big surprise! Hahaha I can't wait to hear your side of it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ahhhh! That's SO amazing that Jess and Nat surprised you! You definitely look surprised! :rotfl:

Toy Story is my favorite too! Especially the third! :cool1:

Your Buzz ride pic is really funny! Your mom looks confused and you're just frumpin it out :lmao: :goodvibes

Your face is also uber funny in the Zurg picture...

"Nat and Sarah went all fart shoes on us and wore ponchos... whatever. LOSERS." :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

A Sleepover at the Magic Kingdom would basically be the best thing in infinity and beyond... lets be real
Hahaha sorry I had to do that... :goodvibes

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Love all the updates! And YAYAYAYAYAY the surprise :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: haha I loved how you sensed that Jess was there. That's so so so awesome! That food looks amazing I would be the one who fills up on the bread and then tries to eat everything else and ends up sick haha you definitely did it right :thumbsup2 I pretty much see any type of food and just shove it in my mouth soo...;) can't wait for the next update and I'm excited for your next trip! :)

I've been reading this for a while but never actually signed on, lol.

O'Hana is definately one of my favorite places to eat on property but I totally know what you mean about the uncomfortable food coma that inevitable strikes once you eat too much. I remember one very un-fun monorail ride that happened directly after my very first O'Hana meal, hahahahaha! The food is the best!!!

Oh man, that surprise seemed like it couldn't have gone any better. You face in all of the photos is so priceless! I bet you'll remember it forever.

Hope you and Allie have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter