"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!" An August 2011 TR! COMPLETE 11/30

Disneyfreak616

DIS Veteran
princess: Calling all Frumps, Fanatics, Fans and Foodies! princess:

Hi-Ho everyone! :wave: Welcome to my second trip report ever! You may recognize me from my first trip report: "SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!"or perhaps from my best friend and fellow DISer, Jess' (Disneyfreak508) two trip reports that I am in: The Port Report: Frumpin' Around the World with the Bathrobe Princesses! and "There's NO Sleeping In Disney!

These trip reports are definitely worth a look-see, especially the last one! You see, I went on the trip you are about to experience with my family, having NO idea whatsoever that Jess and our best friend Nat (Disneyfreak828) were going to come down there and SURPRISE ME!!! For all the details on how they came up with the idea to surprise me, everything leading up to it, the parts of their trip that I was not in, and some VERY important definitions, make sure you click on that last link up there!

Ladies and gentleman, Welcome! We'll show YOU a laughing place (or a trip report!) right down here....

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!" An August 2011 TR!

Before we begin, I believe introductions are in order!

First up, me!

dsc04013j.jpg

Hi! I'm Kristen, and I'll be your narrator, comedian and alligator wrestler for this trip report! I have been going to Disney World since I was 6, and I am probably one of the biggest Disney freaks EVER! I love all the little magic touches and Disney details, and I'm also crazy about the frumpy things in Disney, like the monorail, school bread, Muppet Vision 3-D and Figment. I also love the FOOD. Seriously, who doesn't!? Disney is my FAVORITE place to go and I consider it my home! I can't wait to share this awesomely frumpy journey with you!

Favorite theme park of the trip: Hollywood Studios
Favorite ride: Splash Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan's Flight, Toy Story Mania and the Jungle Cruise
Favorite Magic Kingdom land: Main Street U.S.A.
Favorite World Showcase country: the U.K. and France
Favorite show: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, Muppet Vision 3-D and Festival of the Lion King
Favorite character: Ariel, Aladdin, Lottie, Flynn Rider, Peter Pan and Mary Poppins
Favorite resort: Yacht Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge
Dream resort: Grand Floridian and Polynesian
Favorite table-service restaurant: Garden Grill, Kona Cafe, Le Cellier, 1900 Park Fare and California Grill
Favorite counter-service restaurant: Pizzafari and The Mara
Favorite snack: SCHOOL BREAD, the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake and Main Street popcorn!
Favorite movie: The Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins, The Muppets, Aladdin, Tangled and The Princess and the Frog
Favorite park music: Adventureland Area music, Tapestry of Nations, Voices of Liberty and Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
Favorite film music: Almost There, I See the Light, One Jump Ahead, Beyond My Wildest Dreams (Broadway) and Down in New Orleans
Favorite princess: Ariel

Next up, Sarah!

dscn0406k.jpg

Sarah is my little sister and is nearly as obsessed with Disney as I am! She is cute as button and is one of my favorite people to go to Disney World with! Her first trip was at age 9 in July 2010, but even though she is a newbie, she knows more than many of the vets! I've trained her well. :) She is a little princess and her favorite things about Disney are the characters, the pool at the resort, and the thrill rides! That's right folks, don't let that innocent little face fool ya! This one is as daring as they come!

Favorite theme park of the trip: Magic Kingdom
Favorite ride: Mission: SPACE, (Orange side!) Expedition Everest, Rock n' Roller Coaster, Space Mountain, Toy Story Mania, The Jungle Cruise and Soarin'
Favorite Magic Kingdom land: Fantasyland
Favorite World Showcase country: the U.K.
Favorite show: Mickey's Philharmagic and Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
Favorite character: Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Eeyore, Tiana and Minnie Mouse
Favorite resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Dream resort: The Boardwalk
Favorite table-service restaurant: Le Cellier, Garden Grill, Akershus, and Kona Cafe
Favorite counter-service restaurant: Boulangerie Patisserie
Favorite snack: Mickey Bar
Favorite movie: Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, The Muppets and The Princess and the Frog
Favorite park music: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth and Soarin'
Favorite film music: The Backson Song, It's Gonna Be Great, I See the Light and When Will My Life Begin
Favorite princess: Rapunzel

The Parental Units:

dsc01031fu.jpg

Mom and Scott are the names! My mom has been going to Disney on and off since the 70's, so she's a vintage fan! Her fandom was reintroduced in July 2010 when she took her first trip back in a while! My mom is my very best friend and most loyal companion in this world, and I love her with my whole heart. Disney really brings out the best in both of us! Her favorite part about going to Disney World is getting up EARLY (we're talkin' pre-****-a-doodle-doo here.) and enjoying the view, the food and the scenery!

Favorite theme park of the trip: EPCOT
Favorite ride: Peter Pan's Flight, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Jungle Cruise, Toy Story Mania, Carousel of Progress, and Spaceship Earth
Favorite Magic Kingdom land: Main Street U.S.A. and Fantasyland
Favorite World Showcase country: Canada and the U.K.
Favorite show: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, the Trolley Show and Festival of the Lion King
Favorite character: Minnie Mouse, Eeyore and Piglet
Dream resort: Grand Floridian and Polynesian
Favorite table-service restaurant: Le Cellier and Kona Cafe
Favorite counter-service restaurant: Lotus Blossom Cafe and Boulangerie Patisserie
Favorite snack: Cinnamon roll from Main Street Bakery and Berry Cream Puff from Kringla Bakeri
Favorite movie: Mary Poppins and Cinderella
Favorite park music: Innoventions Loop
Favorite film music: A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes, When You Wish Upon a Star, The Second Star to the Right, You'll Be In My Heart and I'm Just a Little Black Rain Cloud
Favorite princess: Cinderella, Belle and Snow White

Scott is my stepdad, and also took his first trip to the World in July 2010. He has been like a father to me since I was little, has a great sense of humor, and loves all the thrillers at Disney! He also loves to just chill at the pool and soak in that Florida sun!

Favorite theme park: EPCOT
Favorite ride: Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, Mission: SPACE and Test Track
Favorite Magic Kingdom land: Frontierland
Favorite World Showcase country: Mexico
Favorite show: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Favorite character: Tigger and Jimminy Cricket
Dream resort: Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge
Favorite table-service restaurant: Boma, Les Chefs de France and Le Cellier
Favorite counter-service restaurant: Tangierine Cafe
Favorite snack: SCHOOL BREAD
Favorite movie: Aladdin
Favorite park music: it's a small world
Favorite film music: Hakuna Matata
Favorite princess: Rapunzel

And, of course, Jess and Nat!

Jess

dsc0209sh.jpg

Jess is my best friend and fellow Disney-obsessed frump. We became friends in my freshman year of high school, and once we realized that we were both obsessed with Disney, there was no turning back! We often consider ourselves and get mistaken for sisters. Our favorite thing to do in Disney is frump around, laugh our heads of, and EAT! I love going to Disney World with her SO much, and can't imagine life without her! She's the best!

Favorite theme park: Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom
Favorite ride: TOY STORY MANIA, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, The PeopleMover and Expedition Everest
Favorite Magic Kingdom land: Tomorrowland
Favorite World Showcase country: Norway
Favorite show: The Magic, the Memories and You and Mickey's Philharmagic
Favorite character: Jasmine, Aladdin, Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Naveen and Pluto
Favorite resort: Yacht Club and Bay Lake Tower
Dream resort: Beach Club
Favorite table-service restaurant: Via Napoli, Sci-Fi and Ohana
Favorite counter-service restaurant: Pizzafari
Favorite snack: Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake
Favorite movie: Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog and Toy Story 3
Favorite park music: Innoventions, Illuminations Preshow Music, Adventureland Area, Universe of Evergy and the Imagination Pavilion
Favorite film music: A Whole New World, When Will My Life Begin and Almost There
Favorite princess: Jasmine and Ariel

Nat

dsc0807qa.jpg

Nat is Jess' and my best friend. :-) She is a total frump and loves Disney too! I became friends with her during my sophomore year and I just love her to death! She is probably the nicest and most selfless person you could ever meet. Her favorite thing about Disney is the food and the characters! She just loves it all actually! She is totally precious and is OBSESSED with Toy Story!

Favorite theme park: Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom
Favorite ride: Toy Story Mania, DINOSAUR, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Tower of Terror and Soarin'
Favorite Magic Kingdom land: Tomorrowland
Favorite World Showcase country: Italy
Favorite show: Festival of the Lion King, Fantasmic and Wishes
Favorite character: WOODY, Buzz Lightyear, Donald Duck and the green Aliens!
Favorite resort: Coronado Springs
Dream resort: Bay Lake Tower
Favorite table-service restaurant: Ohana and Via Napoli
Favorite counter-service restaurant: Pizza Planet!
Favorite snack: MICKEY BAR and the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake
Favorite movie: The Fox and the Hound, Snow White, and ALL THREE Toy Story films!
Favorite park music: Main Street U.S.A. music
Favorite film music: Woody's Round-Up, You've Got a Friend In Me and When You Wish Upon a Star
Favorite princess: Snow White

We also met up with our friends Vickie and Dan one night! Here they are:
dsc0909d.jpg

And now, the 5 W's of any Disney trip!
Who? Uhh...try scrolling up...there ya go!
What? A 12-night trip to Disney World with 10-day park hoppers and FREE DINING!
When? August 17th-29th, 2011 (with the 15th, 16th and 30th as travel days- we drove!)
Where? Disney's Coronado Springs Resort AND Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Why? Because we LOVE Disney!! :wizard:

It was a jam-PACKED trip of frumpy moments, laughs, food and insanity! Y'all are in for a real treat! So stay tuned for the FRUMPIEST trip that Disney ever did see! :woohoo:

Continued in Next Post

Table of Contents​

Prelude​
Calling all Frumps, Fanatics, Fans and Foodies!

Real-Life Updates/Pre-Trip Reports
The Pre-Trip Report: July 2012!
The Pre-Trip Report: August 2012!
The Pre-Trip Report: December 2012!

August 14th and 15th, 2011
Chapter 1- And So It Begins...

August 15th, 2011
Chapter 2- "Hallelujah, I'm a Travelin'...

August 16th and 17th, 2011
Chapter 3- Some Georgia Sun and Family Time

August 17th, 2011
Chapter 4- "WE'RE HERE!!!!! I mean..."WE'RE HOME!!!!"
Chapter 5- Our New Home
Chapter 6- "THIS IS MY HAMMOCK!!!"
Chapter 7- PanCHIto!
Chapter 8- Magical Meals and Meanderings
Chapter 8- Magical Meals and Meanderings: Part 2!

August 18th, 2011
Chapter 9- The Breakfast of Frumpians!
Chapter 10- "Aruba, Jamaica, Oooh I Wanna Take Ya..."
Chapter 10- "Aruba, Jamaica, Ooh I Wanna Take Ya..." Part 2!
Chapter 11- A Most Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Afternoon
Chapter 12- "I'M A PIN TRADER NOW!"

August 19th, 2011
Chapter 13- Our First Park of the Trip!
Chapter 14- Radiating Those Disney-Lovin' Vibes...
Chapter 15- "Why Have I Never Eaten This Before!?"
Chapter 16- I'm Simply ALWAYS On the Monorail...
Chapter 17- "This Is the Story of How I Died..."
Chapter 18- No...It Can't Be...OH MY GOD IT IS!!!
Chapter 19- The Frumps Are Back, Baby! Part 1!
Chapter 19- The Frumps Are Back, Baby! Part 2!

August 20th, 2011
Chapter 20- Those Canadians Did Somethin' Right!
Chapter 21- "We Had to Bribe Her With a Mickey Bar!"
Chapter 22- "We're going to...PIZZA PLANET!"
Chapter 23- Our Fantasmic Night!

August 21st, 2011
Chapter 24- "It's Because I Left These Babies In The Barf Bag."
Chapter 25- "Fan the School Bread!!!"
Chapter 26- Palm Trees, Pool Time & Paradise!
Chapter 27- "WE NEED KETCHUP!!!"
Chapter 27- "WE NEED KETCHUP!!!" Part 2!
Chapter 28- A Most Magical Evening!
Chapter 29- "They're There...And Over There!"
Chapter 30- "The Hills Are Alive...With the Sound Of...Chewing."

August 22nd, 2011
Chapter 31- Those Birthday Buttons Are Genius!
Chapter 32- "There's A Lot of Monkey Business Goin' On Around Here..."
Chapter 33- There's No Place Like Home
Chapter 33- There's No Place Like Home: Part 2! BOMA COMA!
Chapter 34- May the Frump Be With You!
Chapter 35- "Reunited and it Feels So Good..."

August 23rd, 2011
Chapter 36- "I Need An Extra, Extra, Extra Large Coffee."
Chapter 37- Characters Galore!
Chapter 38- "I'm Just Gonna Ask Where the Bathroom Is..."
Chapter 39- Princesses, Woodland Animals & FIST PUMP DUFFY!
Chapter 40- The Norwegian Nosh

August 24th, 2011
Chapter 41- Finally Going Home!
Chapter 42- FOOD NIRVANA
Chapter 43- "Why Am I Not Wearing a Bathrobe?"

August 25th, 2011
Chapter 44- Just Taking It All In
Chapter 45- "Watch out- Flynn Has a Thing For Brunettes."
Chapter 46- "Hey! Get Up...Again!"
Chapter 47- "Shut Up, Irene!"

August 26th, 2011
Chapter 48- Italy, China, France, Japan, Germany...
Chapter 49- Hello, Gorgeous!
Chapter 50- THE BREAD

August 27th, 2011
Chapter 51- My Solo Hollywood Adventure
Chapter 52- I Just Can't Stop Eating Disney Pizza
Chapter 53- THE OREO BON BONS

August 28th, 2011
Chapter 54- I AM THE REBEL SPY.
Chapter 55- "LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE!!!"
Chapter 56- There's No Sleeping In Disney, Except On It's a Small World

August 29th, 2011
Chapter 57- "MUSTARD!? Don't let's be silly!"
Chapter 58- The Pre-Leaving Sadness Ensues
Chapter 59- Goodbye Disney! ):

I'm here! And might possibly even be first???

I've enjoyed following along on both yours and Jess' TR's and i'm super excited to hear your side of this one!:goodvibes

Hi kristen! I'm absolutely in for this TR! I can't wait to hear about this one from your viewpoint!

I'm totally following this thread! I just finished reading your last TR and love the way you describe things and i'm living through your vacations since i wont be going back til 2015-16 :(

I'm here of course :goodvibes I can't wait to read about everything! Especially the stuff I wasn't there for :laughing: Let the trip report begin!

*continued to be said in a POSH British accent* I have arrived! Edgar (my butler), please bring me my laptop! *claps hands* *Edgar hands laptop* Thank you Edgar! *shoos him off* *starts typing* Hello dear Kristen! I am, at this very moment, righty right now, joining in on another spectacular TR I am sure of! I will be back to... how do you yanks say it? Uhhh... gnaw your ear off with my respectably sophisticated reviews or comments as you yanks say. *adjustingly coughs* Cheerio my dear! :mickeyjum

I'll be following along! I can't wait to hear about this trip from your point of view..and you guys always make me laugh so i'm super excited for all the fun to begin! :goodvibes

I discovered your last TR from lurking on Jess' reports and I figured I would say something since I'm catching this one at the beginning. My DD12 and I both enjoy reading along with your reports and DD has adopted the term "frump" into her daily vocabulary! Looking forward to hearing about this trip from your point of view!

I'm here! I lurked on your last TR and I finally came out of lurkdom on Jess's TR too. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I will definitely be reading along. I am a big Frump fan, and loved your last report. :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

yay!! new trip report. WOOT! Can't wait :cool1: I hope you have lots of delish food pictures this time!! -Amanda :cutie:

A 12 day trip with FREE dining? I can't miss this! :)

I know you from Twitter (I'm A_Leo!) and Instagram (best app ever), so I was pumped when I saw that you were starting this TR! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter