"I could get used to a view like this....Yep, I'm used to it" BLT Spring Break

What? What? Is it a hidden mickey? I have stared at this picture of LG so long I am starting to feel like a creeper! :scared1: Do tell...popcorn::

So our day at the Studios was over and time to head back to BLT.

For whatever reason I asked which way LG wanted to take back. A bus or the boat to Epcot and then monorail it back.

Now I know which way is faster and we needed to get back and see Chance and Billie, but I was a little interested in seeing how long the boat ride was to Epcot and the Epcot resorts....maybe for some future planning...;)

She, of course, choose the boats....which I was more than ok with. We actually had just missed one and were about the 3rd or 4th family waiting on the dock and LG loved looking at the ducks...which you are NOT suppose to feed and of course someone DID while we were waiting.

When the boat arrived about 10-15 minutes later, we went on at the back and were lucky enough to have room to sit back there for the duration of the ride. Which was perfect with weather being so good,the ride was quite realxing....

7e886144.jpg

And we really enjoyed the views of the Epcot resorts...

9095c7be.jpg

2021ab50.jpg

236950c8.jpg

a4018776.jpg

cb6f25ec.jpg

Just in case you cant tell....I REALLY want to stay at Boardwalk on one of our next couple of trips...I would of taken a lot more pics but my phone was slowly dying and needed to be careful how much I was using it. Really wished I had the camera to take a ton of everything in that area.

LG was starting to get a little annoyed with all the stops...she wanted to get to Epcot and keep bugging me to ride someting when we walked through from the Gateway back to the front to get on the first monorail.

This was our fist time at Epcot at night and WOW, it was gorgeous. We never made it to illuminations, but it is a must do for me next trip.(It looked great from the Balcony).

Did a couple of photopass pics and got some good ones with the phone...

86228cd3.jpg

78f89ec1.jpg

It was hard to just walk through all that fun and not do anything, but it was past time to get back. So we hopped on the monorail and switched at the TTC and headed back to BLT.

Bill and Chance were glad to finally see us, and us to see them too.

Grabbed some hot chocolate and just decided to relax the rest of the night instead of pushing it. When vaguely kicked around the idea of going to MK...but decided against it, which was probably a good idea in the end. So we realxed and caught some of the Electric Water Pageant...

Tomorrow was our Epcot day...Lunch at Coral Reef, could we ride TT and Soarin since we dont hit rope drop?? And will we ALL be in a good mood for the rest of the trip???

What? What? Is it a hidden mickey? I have stared at this picture of LG so long I am starting to feel like a creeper! :scared1: Do tell...popcorn::

:rotfl2:

No hidden mickey...but I talked about it a little in the update with eating at Sci-Fi when we left...and the it kinda goes along with the not being able to tip thing.

:rotfl2:

No hidden mickey...but I talked about it a little in the update with eating at Sci-Fi when we left...and the it kinda goes along with the not being able to tip thing.

SUNGLASSES!!!! :scared1: She DID leave them there! Does that mean the server was just being a jerk about the no tip thing by telling you they were not left there??? UGH! :furious: (this seemed like a nice place to try out the new emoticon...)

OMG!!! Oopsi - You got it! I cannot believe that server!!! How horrible!!! And mean!!!

D~ <--- who was starting to feel a bit like a creeper, as well.

SUNGLASSES!!!! :scared1: She DID leave them there! Does that mean the server was just being a jerk about the no tip thing by telling you they were not left there??? UGH! :furious: (this seemed like a nice place to try out the new emoticon...)

Yeppers!!

When we went back in to look at our table and under the table for them, our server was just leaving the table. I turned on my flashlight app and looked under our part of the car and all around the ground. But no luck....

I had figured she had left them on one of the rides we had done. But I didnt even think about it till I posted the update and SAW them on the table, and they most definetly were not there when we went back to look for them...

This is were the tip thing comes in to play again, I was too embarrassed to track our server down and ask about them in the first place since by this time he obviously knows I didnt tip him...plus, I had really figured she had lost them somewhere else...

SO, not sure where they went...trying to not think that the lack of a tip influenced him not to give them to us when we came back in, and yes....he saw us, because I was hoping he wouldnt. Oh well...probably Karma at its finest...

But LG did not get any new shades while we were there...too much $$$ for what something that would probably get lost again...

Another Iowan on the Dis!!! Welcome!!

Hoping the DSM air prices start to drop to normal after Southwest gets settled this Fall. The drive across Nebraska is not very fun...have only done it once and it was very memorable for being not so fun...

That is most definetly how Billie feels about make up too, she did handle it much better this trip though.

I've lived in Denver for 10-12 years now so that's two trips a year to Iowa and we only flew into Omaha once...So, yeah...Nebraska is the worst!
That's great they're getting Southwest flights there! They are so cheap. I'm seriously sick of the 12 hour drive to Des Moines and Algona.

Illuminations is an excellent show. It was so much more than we were expecting it to be! you'll definitely have to see it next time.
Hopefully your son has a better day 2!

BTW-LOVE your picture of the Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey in front of Spaceship Earth...that is GORGEOUS!!!!

Ok...so sorry I've been gone for too long to keep this going....I promise I will finish it. Honest!!

The reason I've had Zero time is because of my teaching and now coaching baseball is in full swing. Life as an educator in the Spring gets crazy...

But, I've also recently accepted a new position in a new city for next school year. I will now be an Activites Director/Assistant Principal!!! Sooo excited for this next part of my career, but super nervous with moving...poor LG is already sad about leaving her friends, but also knows that this could actually help us get to Disney again sooner!!!

So, thus my absence from the boards lately....I've missed reading everyone else's TR also and will have to try and get caught up on those as well....hopefully

Ok...so sorry I've been gone for too long to keep this going....I promise I will finish it. Honest!!

The reason I've had Zero time is because of my teaching and now coaching baseball is in full swing. Life as an educator in the Spring gets crazy...

But, I've also recently accepted a new position in a new city for next school year. I will now be an Activites Director/Assistant Principal!!! Sooo excited for this next part of my career, but super nervous with moving...poor LG is already sad about leaving her friends, but also knows that this could actually help us get to Disney again sooner!!!

So, thus my absence from the boards lately....I've missed reading everyone else's TR also and will have to try and get caught up on those as well....hopefully

Congratulations, Mike!!! :banana: I wish you and your family the very best in your move. Looking forward to things slowing down so you can update again. :thumbsup2

Congrats Mike! Will you be staying in Iowa then? We did a big move when my girls were only a bit older... It took a long time for them to adjust - and even though we have lived in this house longer than we lived in that house - they still think of our old house as "home".... But they do adjust, and you have to do what you need to do.

D~

Congratulations, Mike!!! :banana: I wish you and your family the very best in your move. Looking forward to things slowing down so you can update again. :thumbsup2

Thanks you!! I'm not sure how much it will slow down this Summer. Baseball doesnt finish until mid-late July and my new job starts July 1. I have to be at the new job the days I dont have games. Good thing its only a little over an hour away!!

Congrats Mike! Will you be staying in Iowa then? We did a big move when my girls were only a bit older... It took a long time for them to adjust - and even though we have lived in this house longer than we lived in that house - they still think of our old house as "home".... But they do adjust, and you have to do what you need to do.

D~

LG is already dreading it, but I know she will adapt quicker than she is letting on. Yes, we will be still be in Iowa, just a little ways down the road from where we are currently. In fact, it gets us an hour closer to KC for the drive down to the airport!!!

Tuesday, March 20

Epcot Day...

The day before when we had split because of Chance's, well....meltdown, Billie had taken him back and at some point told him that if he started to act better the rest of the day, he could buy something that he wanted, within reason.

Yes, we are not below using bribery with that boy...

So, after their long nap that afternoon, he had a much better day and was rewarded with a stuffed Sully, which you will see throughout today's update at Epcot...for awhile anyways. And of course, bribing one must lead to bribing the ohter. LG had been great thus far, and her reward was a stuffed Stitch...

Ok...off to Epcot.

Another daily occurence of who would get the doors to open and of course yelling "Open Seasame!!" (sorry if you were someone that had to witness this EVERY time we went through the walkway between BLT and CR)
DSC05901.jpg

Sully getting stuck while waiting for the monorail
DSC05905.jpg

LG with Stitch and her light up ears, that she insisted on wearing during the day...
DSC05908.jpg

Waiting patiently at the TTC for the next monorail...
DSC05910.jpg

Some sweet shots from the Monorail of the the awesome flowers at Epcot

DSC05911.jpg
DSC05912.jpg

DSC05913.jpg

Once we got there and thru the turnstiles, I checked Lines and TT was a much shorter posted wait than Soarin', duh, I know. But with 11:30 lunch ADR at Coral Reef, I didnt want to be late for that since that's when they opened for lunch and any chance to possibly have a tankside table before having to wait for one. If that was even possible at all.

So off to TT and Chance wants to get on my shoulders. So I ask Billie to hold the camera and she takes from me then gives me a "um, hello?" As I turn, this is what I get...
DSC05917.jpg

She thought I had said take a pic of us....:confused3 Oh well, at least I dont have too weird of a facial expression.

I'll spare you of the pics of TT waiting area, but the wait was MUCH longer then the 35 minutes that was posted. It most definetely was a lot closer to 55-60 minutes. And the whole time, I'm starting to get worried about getting over to Corral Reef on time for the ADR.

It was all of ours first time on TT. Being a family of 4, there were 2 poor solo riders that stuck with us as well. One in the back, and one in the front. I sat with Chance and Billie with LG. Let's just say that I was able to hear Chance's scream like a girl, as he calls it, firsthand when we went FAST!! (also his words). He really did do great, and so did LG.

After the ride, Chance was sooooo slow moving when getting out of the car, walking away from the car, etc... So slow in fact that we missed our ride pic. And this is where they were letting people use their photopass cards and could add the ride pic too it even....grrrr. Oh well. We all rode it and are all still in great spirits!!

LG and I then head off to Coral Reef to check in. Chance and Bill stayed to look in the gift shop at all the car stuff and probably todays reward for Chance.

I gave Billie the directions on how to meet up with us, and I was a little worried that she would get lost on the way....sorry, its the truth. She gets lost really easily....
LG and I get us checked in, and we were probably about the 7-8th group to be checked in, so I didnt even bother asking about the Tankside table. Got there too late.

We had waited for more than a few minutes and Billie called...but not very much of a reception in the restaurant. So now Im worried that she is lost and needs redirected to the restaurant. So, I walk outside to call her back and actually see her and Chancer walking up!!! She did it!!pixiedust: So proud of her, really. She sometimes get lost in our town where we've lived our whole lives....

Chance did get his reward for the day and he couldnt wait to tear into it. It was some TT thing that had about 100 different pieces. But we made an agreement to only get the Test car and test dummy Mickey and Goofy out while there. Our buzzer goes off in the middle of all that of course and we proceed to our table.

As we start walking back, we did notice that there was ONE tankside table left....and we were walking that direction...so there was at least still a chance.

As we approached that area, the kids noticed it too...and could tell they were hoping too...and sure enough...

it

was

for

US!!!

Yeah!!! Tankside!!!pixiedust:

Kids went right to trying to find all the fish...now, is there anyway possible that they were going to eat anything at all??

Again, another great server who took our pic.
DSC05922.jpg

continued in next post...

"Look a shark..."
DSC05924.jpg

"Where? I don't see it!"
DSC05925.jpg

My girls...
DSC05930.jpg

DSC05928.jpg

I really dont rememeber what we all ate here. Pretty sure I had a steak and Billie had some chicken dish. The kids didnt get any fish either and the waitress just gave us that "You do know its a seafood place, right?" look.

Mickey and Goofy hanging out in their ride
DSC05927.jpg

Stitch checking out the fish.
85545da7.jpg

And finally....desserts...
591f9d3b.jpg

792a31e4.jpg

ba5f20c8.jpg

They were all delicious and we got a Chance to sample each others as well....I will have to look back and see what it was all called.

Lastly, there was a giant turtle that never left the other side of the tank...so we had to get a pic of him when we left.
af55cd87.jpg

All in all, we really liked our lunch at Coral Reef, as well as its atmosphere. Pretty sure we would stop here again!!

Pretty slow start to the day, what would the rest of the day bring however...

SCORE!!!!! That is so great that you got a tankside table! I might need to add Coral Reef to my list of possibilities for our next trip...:thumbsup2

Congrats on the new position!!! Baseball is keeping us really busy here too. No coaching, but DS plays travel ball and I'm the scorekeeper. And then DD just had her first coach pitch game of the season last night (and rocked it - 2 doubles and caught a line drive!!). So we're now having games 4-5 times/week!

Coral Reef looks like a lot of fun!!

Just a quick drop in hello....I will get this TR fired back up and finished this summer sometime....PROMISE.

Hope you all are having a great summer!!

Yay, you haven't abandoned your POST!!! Post~get it? :rotfl2: Yeah, I crack myself up! :lmao: We are having a great summer. Check out my TR when you get a chance, lots of summer fun posted there! :thumbsup2

Ok, Im gonna try this again. Yesterday I was in the middle of doing this update and I managed to erase the whole thing before I could finish...then I was too frustrated to even try again....heres hoping today has better luck:thumbsup2

Well, we are all settled in our new home and town. Our jobs are going well and the kids have adjusted so well to their new schools. I have been super proud of them, I know it was not easy at first for them...maybe we can reward them this summer on another vacation....maybe...;)

After Coral Reef, we headed over to see Nemo and his freinds and take a ride on a clamoblie...
DSC05931.jpg

Visited with Crush again, we just love that, but it just seems so short...

Afterwards, we took the obligatory Bruce pics
DSC05933.jpg

DSC05932.jpg

Chance did not want to leaave the aquarium area....I think he could of stayed there all day looking at all the different fish, he was truly amazed with them.
DSC05934.jpg

When we finally were able to pull him away from the fish, I wanted to head over here...
DSC05940.jpg

and have LG taste the Beverly. She has read enough TR's with me that she knows that its suppose to be pretty bitter, but she was anxious to give it a try anyways.
DSC05941.jpg

Here she goes...
DSC05944.jpg

She only tired a couple sips the first couple of times and told me it wasnt too bad. I asked her to take a bigger drink, and this is what happened....
DSC05945.jpg

..yep the bitter face. And I'd have to agree, I tried it too....yuck! Mezzo mix was our favorite tho.

Chance trying a sample....he wouldnt try it the Beverly after LG didnt like, and Billie wouldnt try it either....fun haters!!! lol....
DSC05946.jpg

Billie wanted to try and get some souvenirs for family back home, so I took the kids and headed to...
DSC05951.jpg

LG had been dying to try one of these (and, of course, disappointed that she just missed out on the change over to Agent P!).

They were failry busy and we were instructed to go to...
DSC05957.jpg

We were there a short walk later and well ahead of schedule and all the Kimunicators were still out being used, so we had to wait a while...
DSC05960.jpg

....and a little bit longer....
DSC05961.jpg

It really wasnt too long of a wait, probably 15 minutes or so, but it was getting warm, and well....they were very brotherly and sisterly to each other during this time....:rolleyes1

With our first clue, we were off to China....
DSC05971.jpg

DSC05970.jpg

DSC05972.jpg

DSC05975.jpg

DSC05974.jpg

DSC05978.jpg

DSC05973.jpg

continued in next post...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter