"I could get used to a view like this....Yep, I'm used to it" BLT Spring Break

It's about time you guys got him to page 2... Better watch out though - he got mad at us for being too talky in my TR, and not being able to keep up... Don't want him to lose track of his own TR now. ROFL

D~ <--- Sorry Mike - coudn't resist.

Don't tell him that I plan on threadjacking him. And I did see him go all Hulk on your TR about being too chatty. He was throwing things and it got very much out of control. I had to unsubscribe from your thread.
:lmao::rotfl2:

Thanks for the help ladies....much obliged...I never thought I would be able to have 2 posts on one page with some responses...lol

No problem D, I know you're teasing, it's all fun on the boards. :grouphug:

Anytime! I have no plans to threadjack you at some point in the future. Don't believe a word D says. :littleangel:

Yah - I had to unsubscribe from my thread too... I've never seen anything like it before!

Um... for the record - Liddy doesn't threadjack... neither do I. :rofl:

D~

lou20ferrigno20hulk.jpg

Ok, now that I'm back to normal...for now, lets try and finish Day 1..

I had seen a lot of pics of the rooms at BLT, and they dont look huge or anything, its just a Studio, pretty much like a standard room that we had at Pop our first trip. But the little Kitchenette, I was hoping would be something we would enjoy as well.

When we walked in, the kids went straight to the balcony and proclaimed how cool the view was. I was too busy at that moment taking some pics first tho....
The kitchenette
DSC05770.jpg

DSC05772.jpg

DSC05769.jpg

For whatever reason, I never did take a pic with the couch pulled out. But I do remember thinking there was still enough room to get around ok. But, then again when those two little kids grow some more, it might be a bit crowded in there. But for this trip...it was just fine.

The kids have been in love with Tangled a lot lately and honestly, when I first stepped out on the balcony, my title was the first thing that I thought of...and did several other times on the trip. Whether it was watching the Electrical Water Pageant or Illuminations every night. Or just sitting ou there every night with the laptop and recapping the day, with my resort mug full of hot chocolate....I got very used to the view....

Looking out at Bay Lake
DSC05773.jpg

Straight down to the Contemporary Pool Area
DSC05775.jpg

To the right
DSC05774.jpg

And to the far right, reaching out a little...
574478cd.jpg

THis was the view from our floor, the 12th, by the elevators..
78651bbd.jpg

And the view from the walkway(I'll post a firework video later from there too)
DSC05778.jpg

CM decided to strike a pose...
DSC05771.jpg

At this point, we had a couple hours still til our ressie at CM. So there were some other things that needed to be taken care of.

First, still no luggage from ME, but it had only been like an hour since we had checked in. Now, the next hurdle to clear was our tickets.

Last time we went, I just bought the package, we checked in and room, dining, tickets....all taken care of. With renting, Dining has to be added before you get there by the member, so we purchased a couple of Disney Gift Cards and that was no problem. With the tickets, I went back and forth with it for awhile on how I wanted to do that. I could buy them now and pick them up when we get there, or have them delivered. Or, should I just wait to purchase when we get there and have them added to the KTTW card.

Well, I decided to go with the first option and buy them now and pick up when I get there. Which I am so thankful that I did since we ad no way to buy them now since the wallet and cards have been stolen. Can you even imagine what that would be like....kids were at Disney and look at the MK, but guess what...we cant go!!! lol...

But choosing this option has added some more concern. When you buy this way, there's a couple rules that are needed for you to get your tickets. Like, for 1, you must present your ID....ok, so far so goo with the Temp, but a possibility that they might not. And the next thing is....you must present the card for which you made the purchase as well....sigh.

Luckily, I remembered to look into this before we left home. I called them and told them my situation, and their first response...."ohhh, that's awful"

"Yes, I know...but can I still pick up my tickets without the card??"

"Ummmm...I dont know....thats a good question...let me ask someone"

Eventually.....she transfers me to someone else and basically tells me that I will need to go to guest services when I get there. Theyve marked my tickets, name, whatever so they know the whole backstory already and it shouldnt be a problem....

Great...shouldnt be...

Before heading over to MK to guest services, I decide to first try Concierge at the Front Desk. I give them the speil about everything, and get the "ohhh, that's awful" response and also ask if they can just put the tickets on our KTTW cards. Literally....no problem at all.

:cool1::thumbsup2:worship::banana::yay::dance3:

and just about anything else that shows my sense of relief...this was the last hurdle....room, dining and tickets are taken care of...lets vacation!!!

I then went back to the room, grabbed CM and went to get our mugs from Contempo. Cant remember what the girls were up to, but they were out and about as well. I do remember calling Billie and asking what color of mug she wanted and her asking me what floor we were on again...told her 12th and the proceeded to wash then fill the mugs and head back to the room.

Once there, still no bags BTW, I get a call back from Billie....what was our room number again....

On the 12th Floor??

Yep...

Well, Im lost then, there are no 8 anythings on this 12th floor...

What building are you in...

OUR HOTEL...

Im really trying not to laugh at her, but I ask if she crossed the walkway and thats when she remebered the 2 hotel thing....it became a common joke the rest of the trip...:rolleyes1

With all of us finally back on the room, it was time to relax a little and get cleaned up for the evening. I, of course, am asked to call Bell Services about the luggage because someone....(MOMMA)....wanted to get fully cleaned and ready to go....you know since they take a picture of your group at CM.

Well, their system was down and they had no idea where it was at that moment, and we were just about at the 3 hour window. So, I got the "soon" response on when it would arrive.

I jokingly reminded her that she went the whole last trip without any, she could surely last through a meal tonight and then we could check for the luggage before going to MK for the night....and that didnt seem to help for some reason....:confused3

Finally....it was CM time. We got the autograph books and pens bought and we are starving....bring on some charcters and buffet....then MK time.

But not right, now....maybe tomorrow....

ooohhhh~ where is that nail-biting emoticon when we need it? :lmao: Please say you DO get your luggage!!!

Is it tomorrow yet? :confused3

I'm anxiously waiting to see if you get luggage ... and to compare my CM visit to yours! :goodvibes

Ok, sorry nothing new last night. Lets get that first day finished shall we...

Time for a meal and characters at CM
DSC05781-1.jpg

No matter how many times you see, I just love watching the monorail go through the Contemporary...
DSC05782-1.jpg

Checked in, got our pic (which actually wasnt too bad, but didnt get) and not a very long wait to get seated.

We werent seated too long before we were involved with some napkin twirling
DSC05787-1.jpg

We had literally just got to the buffet line and only had a couple things on our plate and I saw this guy at the table next to us
DSC05786-1.jpg

We were so excited that he was the first character to sign the kids book, but this was also the moment of truth for CM....
He loves the characters, but still has some unsure moments of being really shy sometimes and we werent sure how he was going to react to all the characters.
LG was first
DSC05793-1.jpg

Then CM
DSC05791-1.jpg

He was a little unsure at first, but was ok!!
DSC05790-1.jpg

THen Pluto...this is where CM started to get a little too comfortable with the characters...
DSC05796-1.jpg

Yup, hes holding Plutos tongue for the group pic....had to remind him that isnt ok. Dont need him to get too silly with the characters, because the next thing you know he'd be slapping their butts or something really not good....

Anyway, the meal itself was just ok. But thats how it was the first time I remember eating here. The kids had the mickey mac and cheese and some other little things, but not much. Not sure what Bill had. The best thing that I grazed on was the roast beef and mashed potatoes....yummy. Which reminds me that I had on one of my "Iowa" shirts today and one of the servers who was slicing the meats made a reference to it and asked if I liked corn :confused3. The other guy just gave him a stupid look and I just told him yep...awkard moment for sure.

Everybody had a couple plates of this and that while all the characters came around, but Goofy, my fav, never made his way over to our area by the next time the napkin twirling started. But, as we waited for him...it was dessert time...yes!!
DSC05806.jpg

The oreos were as good as I remember them, but the key lime tart thing was not even close to as good as it was last time...but still pretty good. And LG got herself some carrot cake.

DSC05807.jpg

All in all, it was a good meal. Not the best of the trip, maybe next time we will try breakfast here. Because it is to us a must do for the kids. They love being able to meet all the big characters here. However, we never did get to see goofy at all this time...

Ok, check settled and off to the room to see if luggage had finally been delivered before heading off for MK...and me thinking the worse the whole way to the room. I mean, what are we going to do if its not there?? The kids know we are going to MK next, but if the luggage isnt there, Thats not happing.

Well, made it back up to the room, opened the door and.....

It was there!!!:cool1:

Time for a quick change and a freshening up and off to MK!!!!!

Almost, Bill was ready to put a little make up on and go, but we are soon to find out that it was still back in Iowa, with all the corn. Turns out she used it wll getting ready to make the quick run to Target before the whole wallet discovery and got lost in that aftermath...

Again, I hope Im not making her sound too vain. She realy doesnt wear very much at all. She's just feels better with some on.

And Im not being very helpful at all at this point...Im laughing pretty hard after, for those that read the PTR( all 6 or 7 of you....) know that I left the bag in KC our first trip that her makeup on it. So, this it now trip #2 without her makeup....c'mon....its a little funny....

And thus begins her, somebody somewhere on Disney property has to sell some kind of makeup....we never found any....

Ok...MK time.

Monorailed it over....
and walked down and went in to the happiest place on Earth.
DSC05814.jpg

The plan was to ride Dumbo first. So we decided to ride the train over to Fantasyland. Which CM was very excited to do. The train, not Dumbo. He LOVES trains....loves them.
DSC05816.jpg

LG was a little sad when we went by BTMRR...she was really wanting to ride it this time....but before we knew it, we were unloading in Fantasyland and taking the short walk to the new Dumbo. I was pretty excited to be able to ride it so shortly after it had reopened in its new home.

I think the posted wait time was like 20 minutes or so...it wasnt very long to say the least, and was much longer after we had left. While waiting, not sure if it was just me or what, but it seemed to be a little quiker of ride this time. It didnt seem to last very long??? Maybe it was just me...dunno.

Anyways, it looked very, very awesome at night thats for sure.
DSC05821.jpg

DSC05819.jpg

DSC05822.jpg

1ca7454c.jpg

and a quick video...

After our quick flight on Dumbo, it was Barnstormer time. Cm said he wanted to go, which really surprised me. I was happy that he wanted to go tho. So off the 3 of them went, while i waited. It was like 5-10 minute wait so, I kept looking to see if would be able to see them through the big billboard sign part.
DSC05817.jpg

While I was pretty sure I could spot them from there, I heard this screaming coming from the group that was on it currently and was praying that it wasnt him....if it was him, I was afraid he would be ruined for coasters for life...like me. And didnt want that for him.

And as this group approached the spot where I could see them, and hear them, it was their group....and it was him. OMG, he was screaming like a girl!!
Him and Bill were in the very back and wow, he was soooo loud!!

When hey got off and were walking to the exit, I could see they were all laughing about it. I was so afraid he was going to be in tears, it was such a relief to see that he thought it was funny. They asked if I had heard him, and the only thing he said was that he screamed like a girl the whole time and he seemed to enjoy it for the most part...

The girls wanted to ride it again and asked him if he wanted to go, but he may of liked it, but he was not going again....he just didnt want to go fast again....lol

We then left Fantasyland and hit the Speedway for the first time this trip because we figured how much CM would love it. So we got in line for this, and it was about a 10 minute wait, if that....

The girls rode together and so did the boys. And just as we got in our cars and took off, Wishes had started. We youre headed back towards the castle, it is a pretty good view of the fireworks...it felt pretty good at that moment to see that and then it just sunk it a little bit more that we were at Disney...loved that feeling.

Tried to take some pics with my phone, but it was just too dark...

Off to another part now. Next up was Snow White. Didnt do this last time, and its closing soon, so had to do it once. And this was the question from CM for the rest of the night while waiting for a ride..."is it fast??"

Snow White was just ok, LG loved it. Moveed on to Philharmagic and the kids love Donald and it was nice to sit and relax a little as well.

Philharmagic to Small world...."is it fast??'' Not at all bud...

LG then wanted to try the Haunted Mansion and we tried to convince CM that it was just a "fun" scary thing when were making our way through the que...but he knew better. As soon as they got us in the room and it started to grow...he was done...no tears or anything. He just let us know tha he didnt like and wanted to GO!! So LG and I proceeded with the rest of the ride. It was pretty good, we liked it when they assigned you a ghost at the end and it something to your pic on the screen...too funny.

After this the girls did Splash and CM and I roamed around a little. But, I had to carry Bills purse while they were on Splash...sigh. At least no one knows me here. We went up to the spoke and took some pics of the color changing castle.
DSC05828.jpg

and made my way over to get one of these...
ee4eb61e.jpg

Yum!! It was my first Dole Whip...heard so many good things about it...just had to try it...and it would not be my last either...

The girls loved Splash...and I think it was around 1:00 at this point and everyone was pretty well spent for the day. Time to head back.

And this is why I so wanted to stay at BLT....out to the monorail and back at the hotel about 10 minutes later....too perfect.

Tomorrow was to be our Epcot day after sleeping in. Lunch at Coral Reef and can we ride both Soarin and TT without getting there at Rope Drop??

And would we like eating with the fishes??

What an excellent day!!!

Your pictures of Dumbo turned out magnificant!!! Soooo jealous! I thought mine turned out nice - but yours - WOW!

Glad LG liked the characters, ROFL about the potential butt slapping!

D~

Sorry to hear your CM experience was just "okay". I thought the characters took FOREVER to come around. We waited for two of them (we were done and just hanging around). We had just finished up when one came ... but then it was sitting and waiting 20 minutes for Pluto. :confused3 We were in the first seating of the night, not sure what the deal was.

Loved your Dumbo pictures! I've never, ever been on Dumbo ... so was SUPER sad that it was closed this year. I had originally planned to ride the new Dumbo since it was scheduled to open before we arrived .. but no. :mad:

Glad that your DS wasn't terrified of Barnstormer, but sorry that he was worried about all the attractions from then on. My DS is the same way. If it's train-like, he won't go near it because he's afraid it will "run away".

My DH's BFF moved to Iowa last June. We tease him about being in corn country (because DH google-mapped his city and it was literally a small town surrounded by miles and miles of corn fields). But ... having a server ask you if you like corn? What's up with that? :confused3

Anyway, loving your updates! Sorry your DW was without make-up .... again! I think the best you can do make-up wise is some colored lip gloss with glitter. :lmao: I wouldn't know, I don't typically wear it (it's very rare for me to attempt make-up). I tried to wear it one year, but it was so hot, it was a lost cause anyway. :rolleyes:

Waiting for more! popcorn::

Great update. I cannot believe your DW was without make-up AGAIN! :eek: It's like you arrange these things just so you can have a good TR! :lmao:

I am really jealous you got to try the new Fantasyland stuff. We were there til 3 am...the night BEFORE the soft opening! :headache: At least we will have something new and exciting to look forward to for next year. :thumbsup2

We had to wait for Eyore when we had dinner at Crystal Palace on our last trip. It really is aggravating :sad2:, but worth it not to stand in the meet and greet lines at the parks for those autographs. :upsidedow

Great first day....hanging on for more great reporting! popcorn::

Great update. I cannot believe your DW was without make-up AGAIN! :eek: It's like you arrange these things just so you can have a good TR! :lmao:

Oh, VERY good point! Better not let his wife know though! He may be sleeping on the couch for awhile. :lmao:

Hi, :wave: I just started reading your trip report and have to say I'm so sorry your wallet got stolen the day before your trip. I think you handled it well and stayed calm. I fear I would have been freaking out. :scared:

I'm off to finish reading. I hope your first day was a success.

What an excellent day!!!

Your pictures of Dumbo turned out magnificant!!! Soooo jealous! I thought mine turned out nice - but yours - WOW!

Glad LG liked the characters, ROFL about the potential butt slapping!

D~

Thanks D!!! Once the little man starts gettin silly, all bets are off and thats what I was afraid he was going to do next...but I guess that means he is completely comfortable with the characters??:confused3

Sorry to hear your CM experience was just "okay". I thought the characters took FOREVER to come around. We waited for two of them (we were done and just hanging around). We had just finished up when one came ... but then it was sitting and waiting 20 minutes for Pluto. :confused3 We were in the first seating of the night, not sure what the deal was.

Loved your Dumbo pictures! I've never, ever been on Dumbo ... so was SUPER sad that it was closed this year. I had originally planned to ride the new Dumbo since it was scheduled to open before we arrived .. but no. :mad:

Glad that your DS wasn't terrified of Barnstormer, but sorry that he was worried about all the attractions from then on. My DS is the same way. If it's train-like, he won't go near it because he's afraid it will "run away".

My DH's BFF moved to Iowa last June. We tease him about being in corn country (because DH google-mapped his city and it was literally a small town surrounded by miles and miles of corn fields). But ... having a server ask you if you like corn? What's up with that? :confused3

Anyway, loving your updates! Sorry your DW was without make-up .... again! I think the best you can do make-up wise is some colored lip gloss with glitter. :lmao: I wouldn't know, I don't typically wear it (it's very rare for me to attempt make-up). I tried to wear it one year, but it was so hot, it was a lost cause anyway. :rolleyes:

Waiting for more! popcorn::

Chef Mickeys will probably always be a must do for us...but food was just ok, maybe Im being too picky though. We were amazed at how quickly we saw the first couple of characters....then no Goofy at all?? Really???

I did feel a little guilty about posting the Dumbo stuff knowing you guys didn't get a chance to ride it. But, it was our first thing and it was pretty cool!! I cant wait til the next time we are there and everything is hopefully done!

You should PM me where your friend lives. We are in SE Iowa and what you described is pretty much 90% of the state...The other server started making fun of him for asking that in the first place. It was no big deal, he was just trying to have fun and you could tell he really meant no harm in it.

I told her the same thing with the makeup, she'll have it next time and hate having it on probably...

I am really jealous you got to try the new Fantasyland stuff. We were there til 3 am...the night BEFORE the soft opening! :headache: At least we will have something new and exciting to look forward to for next year. :thumbsup2

We had to wait for Eyore when we had dinner at Crystal Palace on our last trip. It really is aggravating :sad2:, but worth it not to stand in the meet and greet lines at the parks for those autographs. :upsidedow

Great first day....hanging on for more great reporting! popcorn::

Hey now...not my fault on the makeup thing....this time anyways :rolleyes1

Ugh....the night before the opening? That would really frustrate me, and it will fun to see both of the Dumbos operational!!

I agree about not standing in line to wait for the characters. We only did that twice this trip and only waited about 10 minutes at each one. LG wanted to ride more things that see the characters and CM was just soaking up the environment most times.

Oh, VERY good point! Better not let his wife know though! He may be sleeping on the couch for awhile. :lmao:

Wrong...wrong....wrong...lol

Hi, :wave: I just started reading your trip report and have to say I'm so sorry your wallet got stolen the day before your trip. I think you handled it well and stayed calm. I fear I would have been freaking out. :scared:

I'm off to finish reading. I hope your first day was a success.

Welcome!!

I was absolutely freaking out about it on the inside...but didnt have time to, there was too much to get done. And as weird as this sounds, I wonder what would of happened had my door been locked. What if they just decided to break a window to get in...(probably not because of the noise), but there would of been no time to fix that at all....

It was a very long, but successful first day!!

Also, when looking at my notes after posting last night. I got ahead of myself a little bit, the next day was Studios day not at Epcot. But the plan was still to take it slow on the morning after not getting back to after 1.

Hi Mike, I'm finally here!!!

And I cannot BELIEVE that your wife doesn't have her make-up again!!! How can that BE?? Poor thing, I'd just be a mess. I don't even wear very much. But I need my mascara, concealer and lip gloss at least!

And your wallet?? That sucks!! Why do those things always happen at the worst times too? Once my debit card # (not the card) was used online and we had to deal with the bank, all on a day we were headed out of town too. What a pain!!

OMG, Dumbo looks sooooo pretty!!! I'm so jealous you go to do that and Barnstormer! Next time...

Chef Mickeys will probably always be a must do for us...but food was just ok, maybe Im being too picky though. We were amazed at how quickly we saw the first couple of characters....then no Goofy at all?? Really???

I did feel a little guilty about posting the Dumbo stuff knowing you guys didn't get a chance to ride it. But, it was our first thing and it was pretty cool!! I cant wait til the next time we are there and everything is hopefully done!

You should PM me where your friend lives. We are in SE Iowa and what you described is pretty much 90% of the state...The other server started making fun of him for asking that in the first place. It was no big deal, he was just trying to have fun and you could tell he really meant no harm in it.

I told her the same thing with the makeup, she'll have it next time and hate having it on probably...

Did you ask a server where Goofy was? Wonder if he got ill ... or if he was just slow (like our Pluto). We sat around, we were determined to see ALL the characters. Did you see Goofy at all anywhere in the dining room? :confused3

We really loved the food. Yes, there were items that weren't so delicious. Was the food worth the price? Absolutely NOT. But the experience was border-line ... when you factor in food and characters. I can't say we've ever had an amazing experience, but it's a great way to see the Fab 5 without a wait, and eat a good meal at the same time. Plus ... with my experience with DH, I may have to make it a must from here out. If it gets him in the mood for WDW ... then it's worth the price to me. :cloud9: (For those who don't know -- my DH does NOT like WDW, but this year, smiled and twirled his napkin, got the kids involved and had an AMAZING time at CM's.)

You shouldn't feel guilty at all!!!! It wasn't your fault that Dumbo was down for our days. :thumbsup2 I was tickled pink to see your pics on Dumbo! :love:

I text DH and asked where his BFF now lives. I swear he told me Iowa, but he replied back: Champaign, Illinois. :confused3 Sometimes I think DH tells me things and then changes his story later. :lmao: I hadn't seen or talked to his BFF since their DisneyMoon last May (that we crashed -- if you call it crashed since our trip was planned first and had to be altered when they picked their wedding date). I knew they were moving in June, but didn't hear it from the "horse's mouth". Oh well. :rolleyes:

Still can't believe the server tried to take a playful jab at you -- and you didn't play along. :lmao: That's awesome. I had several "jabs" at me this year -- at IoA and WDW. I'm thankful I'm a good sport and play along -- but I feel bad for when they "jab" someone and they take it personal and ruin all the fun. :sad2: I can just imagine your experience. I would have burst out laughing had I been in earshot. :thumbsup2

Hi Mike, I'm finally here!!!

And I cannot BELIEVE that your wife doesn't have her make-up again!!! How can that BE?? Poor thing, I'd just be a mess. I don't even wear very much. But I need my mascara, concealer and lip gloss at least!

And your wallet?? That sucks!! Why do those things always happen at the worst times too? Once my debit card # (not the card) was used online and we had to deal with the bank, all on a day we were headed out of town too. What a pain!!

OMG, Dumbo looks sooooo pretty!!! I'm so jealous you go to do that and Barnstormer! Next time...

She handled the no make up thing much better this trip though, I will give her that.

Yuck...I least I knew that it was taken. Thats the thing that sucks about the whole identify theft thing. Sometimes it takes awhile to know that someone else is using it. Hope it turned it ok...

Dumbo was great, we were very fortunate to go, but it was a weird feeling with all the construction area still around you. I think e got lost trying to get out of there the first time....lol.

Did you ask a server where Goofy was? Wonder if he got ill ... or if he was just slow (like our Pluto). We sat around, we were determined to see ALL the characters. Did you see Goofy at all anywhere in the dining room? :confused3

We really loved the food. Yes, there were items that weren't so delicious. Was the food worth the price? Absolutely NOT. But the experience was border-line ... when you factor in food and characters. I can't say we've ever had an amazing experience, but it's a great way to see the Fab 5 without a wait, and eat a good meal at the same time. Plus ... with my experience with DH, I may have to make it a must from here out. If it gets him in the mood for WDW ... then it's worth the price to me. :cloud9: (For those who don't know -- my DH does NOT like WDW, but this year, smiled and twirled his napkin, got the kids involved and had an AMAZING time at CM's.)

You shouldn't feel guilty at all!!!! It wasn't your fault that Dumbo was down for our days. :thumbsup2 I was tickled pink to see your pics on Dumbo! :love:

I text DH and asked where his BFF now lives. I swear he told me Iowa, but he replied back: Champaign, Illinois. :confused3 Sometimes I think DH tells me things and then changes his story later. :lmao: I hadn't seen or talked to his BFF since their DisneyMoon last May (that we crashed -- if you call it crashed since our trip was planned first and had to be altered when they picked their wedding date). I knew they were moving in June, but didn't hear it from the "horse's mouth". Oh well. :rolleyes:

Still can't believe the server tried to take a playful jab at you -- and you didn't play along. :lmao: That's awesome. I had several "jabs" at me this year -- at IoA and WDW. I'm thankful I'm a good sport and play along -- but I feel bad for when they "jab" someone and they take it personal and ruin all the fun. :sad2: I can just imagine your experience. I would have burst out laughing had I been in earshot. :thumbsup2

Lol...I know, should f played along more, it was just very awkard. Even the other meat server guy was just looking at him like what in the world are you doing...it was funny, I didnt take offense to it...it was just....weird....lol

Illinois...pretty simialr in some regards, except that Champaign has the Univ. Of Illinios. lol...sounds like a conversation that me and the misses have all the time...always some sort of confusion.:lmao:

Yes!!! We saw Goofy in the other dining room. We were seated in the right side as you walk in and he never left the area that was too the left. He was there even we left. It was no big deal, would of liked to seen him, but we were ready to go to MK. Bellies were full and ready to roll!!

Monday, March 19

With being out at MK late and also traveling yesterday, it was decided that this would be a slow morning. Get up at your own pace to make sure you got your rest and not ruin the rest of the day, or trip, type of morning.

Yes, it was our studios day, and I know what happens to your chances of getting FP for TSM if youre not there at either rope drop or at the least, before noon. But, we were trying to be smart....trying....really, honestly....

I was able to sleep all the way till.......7:00.

Yup, full night rest for me!!!

This is where Billie and I disagree about how to vacation....especially at DIsney. She is a sleep in and just go with the flow and if we get to it....great. If not...oh well.

To me, there is no, none, nada sleeping in till whatever time you decide to get up.....its Disney....not the Lake house we visit with our friends, or a bed and breakfast where there isnt a ton to do. It's Disney...the I've only been planning the next trip for the past 4 years, Disney!! I dont like sleeping in generally speaking anyway. It has its time and place....and to me, its not Disney.

OK...sorry....Im good now....

So, Im up at 7. Go get my mug full of hot chocolate, and go sit on the balcony....
DSC05829.jpg

DSC05830.jpg

...and just watched the boats come in for the people heading to MK. Probably for CP breakfast since this wasnt a EMH morning and watch them get the pool area ready for the day.

LG, who is also a early riser and miss go-go-go with me at Disney, wakes up not too shortly after me and her and I go to Contempo to eat some breakfast.

Tell Billie where we were going, in case she wakes up while we are gone (and to also maybe start the process of getting her up too ;)) Ask her if she wants us to bring anything back for her and Chance.(BTW, Ive decided to stop calling him CM for the report since it might be confusing with the other Disney CM abbreviations...LG however is actually the nickname we call her).

LG with her Mickey waffle
6fd076be.jpg

I had some sort of a breakfast platter. It was good, but the Mickey waffle looked much better. And this was our first time using the kiosks to order. It was a little challenging at first, but we got used to it.

So, we orderd 2 more Mickey waffles to go for the late risers in the fam and head back to surprisingly see that Billie is up and around, but Chance is stil very much out cold...

It really wasnt too bad having some time to get settled. We hadnt unpacked yet and we took some time to get everything in its place while Chance still slept. He finally came to and got up and going somewhat around 9:30ish and down to the bus stop shortly after.

THis was a little different for us here at CR bus stop. There was only one, instead of a Epcot line, Studios line, etc...You just sat down and waited for your bus to come and hope that everyone with you wasnt all going to the same place. And once we started to think about it, there really was only 2 options for the bus. Studios and AK since you take the monorail to the other 2...duh.:lmao:

Waiting at th bus stop...
ccfff46a.jpg

This is where it became apparent that Chance didnt get his full rest. He is usually a grumpy riser anyways, but if he is still tired, he is not shy about being a grouch.

When we got the Studios, I took our tickets to get FPs for TSM while they went to get in line for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

8af78c72.jpg

The time actually worked out fairly well as we had ADR at Sci-Fi at 5:30.

They were not too far into the line here
6dcde5c0.jpg

and we waited for maybe about 10-15 minutes for this to start. But, this is where Chance became very grouchy. Standing in the big waiting room, he just didnt like it and his answer for everything was a very lovely and fun..."no"

Didnt want to watch Ariel, didnt want to do Disney Junior....yada yada yada, you get the picture.

Well, the only thing we could tell him at this moment was ....tough.

He was actually pretty good and enjoyed himself so we thought we had turned a corner, but he "no's" quickly came back when it was time to leave Ariel, which we all seemed to like quite well.

We then headed over to
3eaaa4b6.jpg

hoping to salvage some fun with Chance.
Last time we were here, I sat in the back while Chance slept in my arms....
388864611002_867162524_9997589_0292.jpg

We were able to get in and get fairly up close on the left side, which here....isnt necessarily a good thing.

At least we finally saw Goofy...
DSC05856.jpg

My girls
DSC05840.jpg

and Chance being grumpy pants...
DSC05841.jpg

This can be so fun, we loved it and Chance perked up every now and then. Epsecially with the bubbles and gold coins they shoot out too.

Stopped for a quick drink and it was off to the Animation Academy.
535a877e.jpg

LG was really excited to this. She loves to draw and was ready to try a Disney character. I was less than excited to draw something, but would try since she would like this so much.

Bill took Chance to look at some gift shops as she didnt think he'd be to cooperative with this, and shes probably right.

LG and I get there just as the show with Mulan is getting ready to start, otherwise, I dont think we would of done it.

It was cute, and LG loved it. While we were in there, I kept getting texts from Bill asking me where we were and wha not. I told her where, but said it was like a litltle show, etc. Then she tried to call and I texted her back couldnt talk.

When LG left the theater to go find out what was going on, apparently Chance had a meltdown in line to meet Mr. and Mrs. Incredible. Sounds like he saw them, they got in line and when they got about 4 people away...he freaked and started crying...so we found them sitting in the Animation acadmeny wait area. He was better, and a little embarassed.

While sitting there, it was time for the next class, so went in. We decided to sit in the vary back and let Chance just sit behind us and play with the cars that he brought, while the rest of us drew. This was about LG and not him being mad, I didnt want him to ruin that for her.

The artist introduced herself and told us which characters she drew and aksed if anyone had drawn any of those before and we start to narrow it down to a couple of choices....Dopey or Flynn Rider??!!

Ok, Im all for trying Dopey but not Flynn Rider, but maybe it would be fitting with the TR title and all.

We take a vote and its tied. She then asks for a coin to break the tie....Dopey it is...

I really didnt care, but LG did NOT want to try Flynn Rider, she looked really disappointed when they brought his name up. I guess she tought it would be too hard??

Anyway, time to draw Dopey!!

DSC05861.jpg

DSC05862.jpg

DSC05860.jpg

And now, our works of art....

First LG...
DSC05865.jpg

Then Billie's...
DSC05864.jpg

...to her defense, Chance did distract her when we were doing the hat part.

And mine...
DSC05863.jpg

It really was fun and we wanted to try and come back again....would we??
If you havent done this, you should try...it was a blast and the artist does a really good job of walking you through it.

The only bad thing was now we had these big pieces of paper to carry around the rest of the day and hopefully not ruin them....

We decided to grab a quick snack to see if that would help Chance loosen up a little and then head over to Indiana Jones....judging by my Lines app, it was about to start in about 20 minutes.

(BTW, used both the lines and Disney magic app on my iPhone and loved using both of them!!)

LG and her snack at Indiana Jones
e0e5e9c1.jpg

Now, Billie loves Indiana Jones....loves, loves, loves....:love:

She was able to go with a friend and her family before we were married and wasnt able to to do this, and last time we didnt either. So Momma really wanted to see it this time....I so did I.

It didnt disappoint and Chance did much better after the snack and was back to himself with asking a MILLION questions about the stunts and what not. If you were around us, I'm sorry for all the talking we were doing. But, what a great show. I didn try to be picked for anything, but will try next time since I get what they have to do now.

LG wanted to try Star Tours and Billie does NOT do motion sim rides very well at all. Chance was doing a little better, but it was HOT today with very little shade. As we were walking along, we stumbled into the fact the parade was getting read to start in about 10 minutes. SO we decided to stay and watch it, after it got delayed for about another 10 minutes. At one point, the shade did roll by quickly and it was a nice welcome relief.

While waiting we did see these....and Chance loves balloons
DSC05867.jpg

We didnt buy one for him, and this just seemed to be it for him for the day. He was tired, hot, hungry(snack didnt hold him over long), and he no balloon thing was the last straw. He told us he wanted to go home...not just back to the hotel...HOME. All the way back to Iowa. :guilty:

And I knew it was my fault...too much too soon. Needed to be a little more considerate to him. Pushed too much and it was only day 1....

Billie agrees to take him back and let him rest and eat. LG and I were going to stay and eat at Sci-Fi....more guilt....

They left right after the parade was over and I did my best to make sure LG had a good time after making sure Bill and Chance got back ok....

Dont you just love it when your spouse....is right....

How'd the rest of the day go??

Would that be the low point of the trip, or just some foreshadowing of things to come??

Just found your trip report and enjoying it very much! Your family is beautiful...you certainly got off to a rough start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter