I can't believe he said yes! We conquered June! the end...9.10.10

Wow! You got a LOT of great pictures. I really enjoyed the ones of the ToT queue. You know I will never be on that so it was fun for me to get to see it. :rolleyes1

Ugh about wanting a sandwich just 2 hours before your lunch! Didn't he get the memo about sticking to the touring plan? :laughing: It seems like you might need to schedule meals for your DH like I do for my preschooler. ;)

Subbing! Great TR so far. I really enjoyed hearing about Restaurantosaurus...we're eating there on our trip and I can't wait! Good to know about Tusker House breakfast...we've been debating doing it, but most of us don't like the exotic foods so maybe better pass?

Can't wait for the next update!

Welcome!! Glad you are here!! :yay: We actually were at T-Rex in Downtown Disney and not Restaurantosaurus. Tusker House was fun character wise, but if you don't like exotic foods, the basics are very blah!

I hope to have an update soon!

Wow! You got a LOT of great pictures. I really enjoyed the ones of the ToT queue. You know I will never be on that so it was fun for me to get to see it. :rolleyes1

Ugh about wanting a sandwich just 2 hours before your lunch! Didn't he get the memo about sticking to the touring plan? :laughing: It seems like you might need to schedule meals for your DH like I do for my preschooler. ;)

I really love the ToT queue! If you are ever with someone else riding you can walk and then "chicken out"...it is worth it!!

I tried talking to him about the plans prior to the trip and he wasn't interested!! :confused3 Then he complains about what we are doing!?! :laughing: Yes, I will have to plan for a "preschooler" next time!! I didn't think of it like that but you are so very correct!!! :laughing:

Just found your TR today and have loved reading through all of it.

You have such a beautiful family and your pictures are amazing.

We were debating on doing T-Rex but had decided against it. Seeing your review of it has me rethinking this decision.

Can't wait to hear more:thumbsup2

Phew, all caught up! I really wanted to do Indiana Jones, but we were unable to! Next time that is a MUST do!

Just found your TR today and have loved reading through all of it.

You have such a beautiful family and your pictures are amazing.

We were debating on doing T-Rex but had decided against it. Seeing your review of it has me rethinking this decision.

Can't wait to hear more:thumbsup2

Hi!! I am glad you found my TR and have enjoyed it!!:banana:

T-Rex was so much fun!! Originally in planning this trip, I wasn't sold on going back but the kids really wanted to. I tried using the excuse I couldn't make the reservations online but then when I called the restaurant directly and got the exact time I wanted...I gave in. But we had soooo much fun!!!!

Phew, all caught up! I really wanted to do Indiana Jones, but we were unable to! Next time that is a MUST do!

I know what you mean!! I feel so far behind on my subbed TRs and I haven't had time to update my own!! I shipped my kiddos off to NOLA for the week today, so maybe I can get back on track!!!

I really loved Indiana Jones!! I read on another thread a rumor that they may be doing away with it and replacing it with something in regards to Star Wars. But they stressed it was hearsay!

Alright everyone....I hope to get this TR back on track!! My job has gotten crazy so I apologize for dragging around!!

A new update!! :cool1:

We exit the Back Lot tour and head over to LMA. The show is set for 1:20pm and it is almost 1pm at this point. We find a seat and wait and wait and wait….it begins at 1:30pm. Due to rain and technical difficulties the show was delayed but it will go on!! We have reservations at 2:05 at Sci-Fi…oh well, I guess we will be late again!! :headache:

Keith loves The Italian Job so even last year when we went to LMA, I just knew this would be something Keith would enjoy! This is a fun show! And it hasn’t changed one bit since last year….but that also allowed me to know when things would occur!! And, I think Keith was entertained too.

Here are the Lights Motors Action!!! pictures:
IMG1626_1.jpg

During the delay
IMG_4902.jpg

The chase is on!! Red= Hero Black= The Bad Guys! BOOOOOOO!!!!
IMG_4903.jpg
IMG_4913.jpg

Herbie makes an appearance!!
IMG_4904.jpg

Motorcycle Chase!!
IMG_4909.jpg
IMG_4908.jpg
IMG_4911.jpg
IMG_4912.jpg

We exit LMA at 2pm and head straight to Sci-Fi.
IMG1542_1.jpg

We arrive, check-in and are immediately seated! We make our way to our car and find it to be nice and cool! It was so humid outside that we were glad for a reprieve! We ordered our burgers and onion rings/fries
IMG1538_1.jpg

and sat back to enjoy the corny movie clips!
IMG_4917.jpg
IMG_4923.jpg
IMG_4922.jpg
IMG_4925.jpg

The back of the restaurant
IMG_4926.jpg

Madison and Chris on our car
IMG_4920.jpg

and the speakers
IMG1533_1.jpg

This was our 2nd time here and I think I liked it even more the 2nd time around! It is a great change of pace! Keith even made a comment on how quiet it was…and it was! You felt like you needed to whisper!

We finish up lunch and take stock of what is left to do (that we want to do): The Great Movie Ride and FPs for TSM, ToT and RnR!! We make our way to TSM and see we are by The Great Movie Ride so we decide to go ahead and do this! The wait is very minimal (10 minutes) and before we know it we are on our way!!

Continued in next post...

The Sorcerer's Hat:
IMG_4928.jpg

The Chinese Theater:
IMG1504_1.jpg
IMG_4927.jpg
IMG_4830.jpg

The Great Movie Ride:
IMG_4831.jpg

Mary Poppins
IMG1583_1.jpg

Singing in the Rain
IMG1582_1.jpg

John Wayne and the Westerns
IMG1584_1.jpg
IMG1585_1.jpg

Casablanca
IMG1591_1.jpg

The Wizard of Oz: I don't think we are in Kansas anymore!
IMG1593_1.jpg

Oh that mean witch!!! Watch out Dorothy and Toto!!
IMG1597_1.jpg

There's no place like home!
IMG1599_1.jpg

It is Indiana Jones again!!
IMG1587_1.jpg

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea but I like The Great Movie Ride...however I love nostalgia and this ride is full of it!! I wish my picture of Signorny Weaver in Alien had come out!!

So now it is time to use those FastPasses!! Plus we have a whole evening and no plans yet!!

Awesome updates again!

LMA looks like so much fun and your lunch at the sci-fi sounds delicious.

Cant wait to hear what happens next:thumbsup2

We missed LMA on our trip this year. :sad1: Even though it was delayed it looks like you still made it to Sci-Fi just fine. :goodvibes

I really enjoyed TGMR as well. The kids thought it was a so-so attraction (until the Alien scene of course ;) )

Your day at DHS is really looking good so far!

Awesome updates again!

LMA looks like so much fun and your lunch at the sci-fi sounds delicious.

Cant wait to hear what happens next:thumbsup2

Thank you!! Sci-fi is really good, of course I have only had the reuban and the hamburger. But I am not a hamburger eater. If I never had another hamburger in my life....I really would not feel as though I am missing much. :upsidedow So saying that, me giving the burgers a thumbs up really is saying something!!!

We also got onion rings but the picture looked like a blob of brown something....I didn't think that would be a big seller on how good they are. I think they must batter them there as they fry them because of the crust....so yummy!!!

LMA is fun! But if you have seen it once...it really doesn't change program wise. I will probably skip unless I hear about changes but not becasue I do not like it!! :)

We missed LMA on our trip this year. :sad1: Even though it was delayed it looks like you still made it to Sci-Fi just fine. :goodvibes

I really enjoyed TGMR as well. The kids thought it was a so-so attraction (until the Alien scene of course ;) )

Your day at DHS is really looking good so far!

We really did do fine getting to Sci-Fi! I think that was the closest time we have made it to our reservation up to this point :-)rolleyes1)

My kids actually liked TGMR okay also...not huge fans but for teens they do not mind it. I think the kidnapping adds something to their enjoyment, plus this time we were on the very first seat (right next to the guide) so the cowboy kidnapping the ride was very cool this time around! I always say I can be older than my years. I really like the old black and white movies...Fred Astair, Ginger Rogers, Jimmy Stewart, Julie Andrews and on and on!!

So far, so good.......

I love the Great Movie Ride! It is one of my favs - I hope to get the cowboy scene next time. Great pics!:thumbsup2

I have never heard of anyone saying they got the cowboy on the Great Movie Ride, so I thought maybe they hardly ever do it!

And, I must say: you got the BEST pictures of the Sci-Fi restaurant I have EVER seen...I REALLY want to go! Even though I've heard the best food to get IS the hamburger and shake, I'm thinking if a non-burger person liked it, it's gotta be worth it to get the atmosphere! :rotfl:

...anyone else think of "LMAO" every time they see the initials "LMA"? It's probably just me... :laughing:

And, I must say: you got the BEST pictures of the Sci-Fi restaurant I have EVER seen...I REALLY want to go! Even though I've heard the best food to get IS the hamburger and shake, I'm thinking if a non-burger person liked it, it's gotta be worth it to get the atmosphere!

I agree!!!!! I have never been there and the only pictures I have seen are of just one car. You captured the whole atmosphere! I had no idea it was themed so well as a drive in. Now I understand the "car thing"! I am so glad you posted those pictures!

I love the Great Movie Ride! It is one of my favs - I hope to get the cowboy scene next time. Great pics!:thumbsup2

Isn't it great?! I have heard they have another loop but I have always gotten the one with the cowboy!! :confused3

I have never heard of anyone saying they got the cowboy on the Great Movie Ride, so I thought maybe they hardly ever do it!

And, I must say: you got the BEST pictures of the Sci-Fi restaurant I have EVER seen...I REALLY want to go! Even though I've heard the best food to get IS the hamburger and shake, I'm thinking if a non-burger person liked it, it's gotta be worth it to get the atmosphere! :rotfl:

...anyone else think of "LMAO" every time they see the initials "LMA"? It's probably just me... :laughing:

Okay...I am really wanting to see the other now!! :lmao: What is different? Oh wait I just realized I said cowboy but he is like a bank robber villain in a cowboy movie!! Have I confused people?? :upsidedow He kidnaps the ride leaving the "official" driver in the bank.

You really need to try Sci-Fi! I especially liked it that day becasue it was such a reprieve from the muggy heat outside! I don't feel rushed in there either! Thanks about the pics! I pretty much took those in "360 mode" so it is the whole inside area!

I agree!!!!! I have never been there and the only pictures I have seen are of just one car. You captured the whole atmosphere! I had no idea it was themed so well as a drive in. Now I understand the "car thing"! I am so glad you posted those pictures!

The cars are really cool! The only thing is, don't count on a lot of conversation. But the movie clips are pretty entertaining and we never felt like we missed out on talking to each other....besides we had been together all day talking!! :goodvibes

We have done the Great Movie Ride at least 4 times and have never gotten a cowboy. At least, I don't think we have!:confused3 I have heard that there is more than one "scene". I think we have seen the same one everytime. Now I am not sure! Next time I will make a definite note of which one we see.;)

Just caught up and I'm really enjoying your TR! T-Rex looks like a lot of fun. I'd love to try it some time.

Hearing your DH's reactions really adds to the suspense. (I'm waiting for a "wow" moment from him...I hope it comes!)

Your TR is also making me appreciate how handy it is to have some teenagers to use as your FP runners!

We have done the Great Movie Ride at least 4 times and have never gotten a cowboy. At least, I don't think we have!:confused3 I have heard that there is more than one "scene". I think we have seen the same one everytime. Now I am not sure! Next time I will make a definite note of which one we see.;)

I think you would remember this one! It gets loud! I wonder if you can "request" to do the other one?

Just caught up and I'm really enjoying your TR! T-Rex looks like a lot of fun. I'd love to try it some time.

Hearing your DH's reactions really adds to the suspense. (I'm waiting for a "wow" moment from him...I hope it comes!)

Your TR is also making me appreciate how handy it is to have some teenagers to use as your FP runners!

I am so happy you are enjoying it! He is about to have several "moments"! :sad2::confused3:)

I really appreciate having them to run for those FPs! It made it very enjoyable!!

After we exit TGMR we head to TSM to use our FPs. Keith is with me this time and yes….he beats me….
IMG_4933.jpg

My arm was so sore after we finished. I think I was trying too hard! :sad2:
But I did make a better score this time around!

But we had so much fun!! Also he sees why we were all about the FPs and stand-by line 1st thing that morning…Stand-By wait was 120 minutes!! :thumbsup2

That leaves us with two FPs: ToT and RnR. Evidentially Keith liked ToT (he has yet to say anything and I mean anything about what we have done so far) because he rode it again this time. We then head to RnR and ride using the FP. While we rode Keith made phone calls trying to find out what to do with his phone...in the end we chose to wait until we got home. We had to go to Walgreens for some meds and he found a cover that worked!

It is 4:30 and Keith is ready to head to the resort. Madison gets upset because she hasn’t gotten to shop yet! So Keith and Chris head back while Madison and I hit a few stores. Before we split up we have a Photopass picture taken in front of the Sorcerer’s hat:
Photo0022.jpg

Aren't we cool in our shades?!?!?!? :cool2:

Madison looks around and decides to buy a pin for trading (we have never done pin trading and I was going to buy some through e-bay but didn’t because we weren’t sure). I will just say, she is well set now for our next trip because that was her souvenirs of choice this trip!

I started to get bored with the whole shopping thing and head outside. I took a few pictures of the billboards
IMG_4937.jpg
IMG_4939.jpg

and then Madison sees a friend on our way out!
IMG_4940.jpg

Back to the original plan: this plan was pretty much nailed! We skipped the Animation Tour to just walk around, we could have seen the Block Party but Keith saw it from a distance and made some comment that instantly told me to keep walking :), and we left the park at the time I had planned (well Madison and I anyway)! Star Tours and Muppets 3-D did not overly impress any of us last year and those would have been add-ins if we just had time to spare.

We head to the bus stop and are back to the resort at 5:30pm. Once back at the resort, we go to Fulton's and then we head back to the room.

So now we have to decide what to do for the evening. Our choices are: rest for a while and head back for ToT at night during EMH, go to DTD or just hang out by the pool and go to the food court for supper.

I think it may be from long days and being tired but I really did not take many pictures of our evening plans....maybe it was because I had already taken so many! But the rest of this post will be short on pictures....as in none...:sad2:

Madison and I get to the room and we decide laundry needs to be done. :laundy: Our clothes so far smell “lovely”! :faint: So we change into our swim suits and head to the quiet pool. I love that the pool and laundry are combined so I can have fun while doing laundry on vacation!! :cool1: We have to exit for about 10 minutes due to thunder and light rain. We do not want to risk a lightning strike! :sad2: By the time we finish swimming and the laundry it is roughly 7pm. We are refreshed, cleaned up and hungry by 7:30! What to do?? :confused3

We discuss our options and after some whining about the fact that we have yet to get ice cream from Ghirardelli’s and we know Tuesday and Wednesday are out….we decide to head back to DTD via the boat!
We get to DTD and try to decide where to eat. We know we do not want anything heavy due to the pending ice cream purchase!

We go to Earl of Sandwich and peruse their menu. Then we walk over to Wolfgang Puck and take a peek at their menu. We then head back to EOS and eat there. This is another first for me (and no pictures). It was so good! :goodvibes I loved the bread! I got the Caribbean Jerk Chicken sandwich. It had a bit of a kick but I like spicy stuff. I give a BIG thumb up to this place! :thumbsup2 It was very busy but we had our sandwiches super fast!!

After we finish we take a look through a few stores to walk off some of the food before tackling the ice cream! We make our way to Ghirardelli’s and place our order. This place was hopping! We had a chocolate milk shake, a single scoop of Rocky road ice cream in a waffle cone, a vanilla milk shake and an espresso milkshake. All were good and we sat at an outside table while we enjoyed our cold treats!

Then it was back to the resort! We have an early wake-up call for Tuesday!! It is Early EMH at the Magic Kingdom and I do not plan to miss the Welcome Show!!!

Since some readers may have not read my PTR, I decided I would rehash my plans for the trip. Especially since after Tuesday, things get changed up a bit... :confused3 I think a refresh will help make sense of all that occurs ...

So let’s recap “The Plan” so far, what happened and what was supposed to come up!! The highlights:
Saturday June 5The Plan: leave at 4am and arrive around 4:30pm, relax and reservations at T-Rex at 7:35pm
What Happened: Left around 4:50am, arrived at 6pm, finally make it to T-Rex at 7:50pm but luck out and are seated by 8pm

Sunday June 6
The Plan: arrive at Animal Kingdom at 7:30 to activate tickets, Tusker house reservations at 8am, ride EE as many times as possible, see DeVine, swim at resort, and reservations at Whispering Canyon Café at 7:35pm
What Happened: arrive to AK at 7:45am and delayed in getting tickets activated, arrive at Tusker House at 8:05am but out by 9:45am, EE and DeVine: check, check!, swim at resort: check, WCC reservations cancelled and change plans to ride boat to DTD, eat at Rainforest Café on the patio…great table!! :yay:

Monday June 7The Plan: arrive at DHS for rope drop, head to TSM for FPs and stand-by, ride ToT and RnR, see Indiana Jones and Lights Motors Action!, reservations at Sci-Fi Drive In at 2:05pm, evening wide open
What happened: arrive at DHS for rope drop: check, FPs and stand-by at TSM: check, ride ToT and RnR: check (add in FPs for both of these rides), see Indiana Jones and LMA at the planned times: check, arrive at Sci-Fi Drive In a little late but still seated and out by 3pm roughly, swim at resort (and get laundry done!), ride boat to DTD again, eat at Earl of Sandwich and ice cream at Ghiradelli’s

Tuesday June 8
The Plan: arrive for Early EMH (8am), get FPs/stand-by (?) for Space Mtn, ride Buzz Lightyear, ride IASW, see Mickey’s Philharmonic pre-9am opening, get FPs for Splash Mtn and ride stand-by BTMR, Haunted Mansion and /or POTC pre-Ohana reservations, Ohana reservations for Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at 10:25am, return to Magic Kingdom and ride whatever, see Ariel, break around 3pm, return for supper and the new Electric Main Street parade and Nightastic fireworks!!, and then crash in the bed!!

Wednesday June 9
The Plan: Epcot Rope Drop at 9am; get FPs for Soarin’, ride Mission Space and Test Track, head around the world, reservations at Le Cellier at 1pm, enjoy more of World Showcase, find princesses, see some of the entertainment from the countries, Pick a Pearl in Japan, Grey Goose Mariner in France and margaritas in Mexico, Illuminations at 9pm, head back to resort and pack; Disney part of vacation is over

Thursday June10
The Plan: load the car and head to the Contemporary Resort for 8am reservations at Chef Mickey’s, leave around 9:30am and drive to St. Augustine, Florida. Spend the day seeing Old Town (Oldest House, Fountain of Youth and Old Jail) and then an evening on the beach

Friday June 11
The Plan: More time in St Augustine: Castillo de San Marcos, Spanish Quarter Museum, more beachtime

Saturday June 12
:sad1: Drive the 11 hours home :sad1:

Another awesome update!

Hopefully you guys got something figured out with your husband's phone.

You guys sure had a productive day at DHS with everything you got done and your evening at DTD sounds awesome!

Can't wait to hear how your next day went

It looks like you just about had a picture perfect day! Wolfgang Pucks Express was on my radar but we never made it back to DTD after Saturday at T-Rex. Your boat connection, just like our '07 stay at POR, makes heading over to DTD a treat instead of a long haul from the Poly.

Dang! Kieth really racks up the score on TSM!

Uh! Oh! Did Madison pick up the pin trading bug? I only bought one Poly pin while I was there. I think Kyler picked up an Imperial Mousears as well but that was about it. It can be a very expensive hobby!

I'm looking forward to Tuesday's Report since we were at the MK EMH as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter