I can't believe he said yes! We conquered June! the end...9.10.10

When I left off, we were leaving EE and heading to Dinoland! On our way we took a little water break and sat down for a few minutes before heading to Dinosaur.

On our way to Orlando on Saturday we had watched Land of the Lost so we were feeling a bit of a theme going with the movie, T-Rex and now Dinosaur…it was just a funny little thought we noted along the way!

Once in ‘Dinosaur’ land we spotted this gal (since she is a replica of Sue)

IMG_4686-1.jpg

and indoors we found this guy!!

IMG0435_4.jpg

This ride is okay and a ‘little’ jerky but since Keith had never been here before we decided to include it in our plan.

IMG_4687-1.jpg

Our picture taken on the ride is hilarious to me! First off, I knew where the picture is taken since I have ridden several times….so I “posed” for the camera. Madison is the only one that seems genuinely startled!! And then…notice the lady behind Madison and the man behind her…I am unsure where they “were” at that point in time!! They have no expression!! None!! I think that is hilarious!! (PLEASE NOTE: I am not making fun of them at all…I just think with all of the different expressions that it made this a hilarious pic!)

By this time it is right around 10:30am and we decide to leave Dinoland. Primeval Whirl is a no go. DH gets motion sickness and sees a few “whirls” and the kids think this is so lame…they have the final vote. We wander back into the Asia area and stop for a PhotoPass photo. This one was taken with our camera and the Photopass is much better! I will add those once my cd arrives! This is our first PhotoPass opportunity and DH is not pleased to find out we are getting our picture taken. He is not a fan of being in pictures! But he cooperates. :rolleyes1

IMG_4692-1.jpg

I snapped this bike’s picture while we waited on the family before us to finish their pictures. I love the little details around this park!! I think the owner decided to do a little fishing and propped his bike here for a little while!! ;)

IMG_4690-1.jpg

Our next stop was Maharajah Jungle Trek. I missed this one last year and was bummed! So I knew I wanted to fit it in to our day this time around!

IMG_4694-1.jpg

IMG_4695-1.jpg

First off was the Komodo Dragon. He was trying to stay cool in the brush, but I don’t think he was having any luck. You can’t really see it but a little lizard is on the upper right hand corner of the rock. We had a good laugh at this tiny lizard “staring” at the Komodo Dragon and continuously sticking his tongue out! Okay…Komodo Dragon is a lot bigger than you little guy!! :rotfl: We spent several minutes here because there was a wonderful fan blowing a nice breeze our way. The day had begun to get very warm!!

Next up were the BATS!!! These guys were freakishly cool!! I could just see vampires….creepy!! :eek:

IMG_4696-1.jpg
IMG_4697-1.jpg

They seemed to be everywhere!!!
IMG_4698-1.jpg
IMG_4699-1.jpg
IMG_4700-1.jpg

Goodbye bats…have a nice nap!!
IMG_4701-1.jpg

We walk further into the jungle. Really awesome area!! I am glad we were able to work it in!

IMG_4702-1.jpg

Madison and Chris along the trail….We are in search of Tigers!!!
Maybe we are getting close!!!
IMG_4703-1.jpg

Oh look there is one!!

IMG_4704-1.jpg
and another:
IMG_4705-1.jpg

The first one is just worn out!!
IMG_4709-1.jpg

Here is Mike the Tiger!! Well I don’t know if that is really his name…we just called him that!!

AK8-1.jpg

As we are leaving we find a watering hole!!

IMG_4710-1.jpg

And various other little details

IMG_4711-1.jpg

That's always the problem with some of these animals. They just want to lay in the shade and be cool and everyone walking by wants them to run, jump and play.

I have a few pics like yours on Dinosaur. Some are just staring out in space, some look but is like ho-hum. Then you have most children. :laughing: I'll have mine up soon in my TR.

Looking forward to how your afternoon turns out.

A "little" jerky?? :lmao: Maybe I need to ride that Dinosaur ride again...my memory isn't what it used to be!!

And you got some great pictures, especially of the tiger! I usually only get his backside... :confused3

Your Dinosaur pic is great. Not to be mean, but I wonder if the older woman is hard of hearing. Every picture of this thing, I have my hands over my ears and poor DS, all you ever see of him is his hands because he ducks.:rotfl2:

Love your Tiger pics. The one laying down with his feet against the wall, at first I thought he was leaning against a wall and you were looking down on him. :laughing:

The theming along that trail is amazing. Disney magic!

Can't wait to see what else you guys get into.:goodvibes

A "little" jerky?? :lmao: Maybe I need to ride that Dinosaur ride again...my memory isn't what it used to be!!

:rotfl: I'm with you! I do not like that ride for all the bumps and being thrown around. My then three year old was completely crazy for it though! He's insane. I would've been fine with never riding it again.

Awesome pics!! AK is my least favorite park and you have me wishing I were there right now! :goodvibes

ok i have to be honest... but i totally crack myself up hysterically when i look at those sort of pics... just thinking about it makes me laugh!! :lmao: haha just typing this and thinkingabout it makes me laugh!

for some reason i feel like i never saw the tigers at AK... I feel lost looking at your pics of them... :confused3hmmmm... next time i'll make sure i see them

That's always the problem with some of these animals. They just want to lay in the shade and be cool and everyone walking by wants them to run, jump and play.

I have a few pics like yours on Dinosaur. Some are just staring out in space, some look but is like ho-hum. Then you have most children. :laughing: I'll have mine up soon in my TR.

Looking forward to how your afternoon turns out.

I don't know why the animals do not cooperate?? :confused3 We could not see the lion at all on KS. I have seen him standing once and all other times he is lying down!

I have seen some very funny pictures from Dinosaur...I think maybe people are trying to block it out or ignore the fact they are there?? :rotfl:

And you got some great pictures, especially of the tiger! I usually only get his backside... :confused3

I managed to get off without whiplash!! It is very jerky!! The kids wanted to ride it. I think I have been on it enough! Unless someone is just dying to ride!!

I had to wait a little while to get the tiger to cooperate. I do have a lot of backside shots!! :laughing:

Your Dinosaur pic is great. Not to be mean, but I wonder if the older woman is hard of hearing. Every picture of this thing, I have my hands over my ears and poor DS, all you ever see of him is his hands because he ducks.:rotfl2:

Love your Tiger pics. The one laying down with his feet against the wall, at first I thought he was leaning against a wall and you were looking down on him. :laughing:

The theming along that trail is amazing. Disney magic!

Can't wait to see what else you guys get into.:goodvibes

I agree this ride is so loud! I think that is one reason I found the non-expressions so funny. Usually people are at least looking in that direction!!

Thanks on the tiger pictures! I think I was behind a man with a video camera and actually raised my arm up and snapped pictures over him for that one. I kinow I took several like that and that could explain the reason it appears I am over the tiger!!

The rest of our day is nice! ;) Sorry you will have to wait!! :upsidedow

:rotfl: I'm with you! I do not like that ride for all the bumps and being thrown around. My then three year old was completely crazy for it though! He's insane. I would've been fine with never riding it again.

Awesome pics!! AK is my least favorite park and you have me wishing I were there right now! :goodvibes

I have to agree about Dinosaur! Besides the jerks and bumps...it is loud!!

I am glad you are enjoyed the pictures! I have a bizillion pictures from AK...a lot of the same thing but from tons of angles!! I love this park!! :lovestruc

ok i have to be honest... but i totally crack myself up hysterically when i look at those sort of pics... just thinking about it makes me laugh!! :lmao: haha just typing this and thinkingabout it makes me laugh!

for some reason i feel like i never saw the tigers at AK... I feel lost looking at your pics of them... :confused3hmmmm... next time i'll make sure i see them

It is so funny to me!! I still chuckle everytime I see the picture!

The tiger area is really cool...you do need to check it out!! :thumbsup2

Just FYI: we are about to go on a road trip adventure!! :woohoo: I will not have an update until probably Tuesday. So I am not AWOL...I will be back!!! :lmao:

We missed the komodo dragon. I think it was successfully hiding the day we were there! Your pictures are great!

I love your tiger pictures. I could just sit and watch them for hours! We had really good luck with the lions, tigers, and gorrillas on our April trip! All of them were so happy and active!

We missed the komodo dragon. I think it was successfully hiding the day we were there! Your pictures are great!

He wasn't very active. I actually would have thought he was a statue if it weren't for his eyes blinking!! So glad you are enjoying the pictures!! :goodvibes

I love your tiger pictures. I could just sit and watch them for hours! We had really good luck with the lions, tigers, and gorrillas on our April trip! All of them were so happy and active!

I think spring must be a great time to go for animal luck! Last year in March we had great luck with the lions in the late afternoon. I have one really good picture of him standing on his rock. I also got lucky with the gorillas last year. Since it was so hot this time, I was happy with the pictures I got of the tigers. They are such beautiful animals to me. I am a real animal lover so I could just watch them for hours as well!!

First, my Photopass cd came in while we were gone! Last year I had 400 pictures but not so many this time since Keith did not like the picture taking...whether he was in the picture or not!! Here is our picture from EE:

Photo0001.jpg

I left off with us finishing up with the tigers. We leave here and Keith decides we must eat lunch…but only he is really hungry. So we go in seek of Pizzafari. I love this place. Of course it is the only Counter Service we have tried but the Italian Sandwiches are sooo good!! (Even though we did not get the sandwich this go around.) Keith just wants a salad and I figure the rest of us can split a pizza. One day we will try Flametree because everyone raves about that place!!

As we are heading over to Pizzafari, we make a stop for a Photopass picture and I snap a picture of the tree!
IMG_4712-1.jpg

Our Photopass pic!!
Photo0008.jpg

That sun was really glaring!!

More Flamingos!!
IMG_4721-1.jpg

I don’t even remember this, but I obviously took this on our way to eat because it is on my card!!

Food!! Keith got the Chicken Caesar Salad (which I ate a little of as well), Chris and I got the cheese pizza with a salad that Madison ate. Just enough food power to help us make it through the afternoon!!

IMG_4716-1.jpg

We left Pizzafari and headed to “It’s Tough To Be a Bug” which I really like. Everyone enjoyed this…even Keith. Since it was basically walk on we did not get any pictures of the animals carved into the tree. Last year I think I took 900 shots in this area alone though, so I wasn’t too concerned about missing out!
Here we are sporting our bug glasses!!
IMG_4728-1.jpg

Now it is time for our FastPasses at EE!! We head back over to Asia and breeze through once and then twice!! Keith found a comfy rock to rest on while we rode. After our 2nd ride we grab one more set of FPs to use before we leave! Due to the low crowd levels the FP will be ready to use by 1:30 (it is 11:50am by this time).

Madison and I head to Africa for a little shopping. I am in search of giraffes and she for elephants. I luck out but she didn’t find the elephant she wanted. As we are walking back to meet Chris and Keith in Asia, I notice a crowd…Chris is practically running to come get me…it is DiVine!! This was on my list of sees this trip!
DiVine.jpg
DiVine2.jpg

Lovely

She posed as she made her way backstage. Even at the door!

DiVine3.jpg
DiVine4.jpg
DiVine5.jpg

So I am happy! :yay: I have accomplished my goals for today!! The only thing we had on our plan that was not done was the Pangani Trail and Festival of the Lion King. Keith was about “animaled” out and since we had seen it last year, we decided to just skip it. And Keith was being such a good sport, I chose not to push FOTLK on him. He doesn’t like musical type things so we were iffy on this any way. Plus we were all getting tired and the day was very warm!

Heading back to Asia from Africa:
IMG_4736-1.jpg

IMG0481_4.jpg
IMG0459_4.jpg

IMG0476_4.jpg
IMG0486_4.jpg

Before we leave we take off for EE for one last ride and then we get in stand-by for Kali River. This was a 50 minute wait and in exactly 50 minutes, we were on the ride and we got soaked!! I only got this one picture.

IMG0485_4.jpg

I should have taken one of us drenched because we looked like drowned rats. We had saved this for last since we knew the chances of getting wet were good! We left Animal Kingdom at 3:15pm stopping for popcorn on the way to the bus. By 4pm we were at the hotel and had made a very important decision….we were all hot and tired. I now know this will disappoint some of you but we decided to pass on Whispering Canyon Café. :guilty: I had been on the fence anyway knowing how packed our 4 days were going to be. We just didn’t feel like rushing to another ADR. So we chose to pass on WCC this time...but what to do with the rest of the afternoon and evening??? :confused3

We also eat at Pizzafari even though I want to try Flametree as well. The kids always seem to just want pizza if it's available.

I'm glad you caught Devine. We missed her on both trips. :(

I was flirting with the idea of going on Kali but since our plans had us hopping to another park we decided against it.

Hmmm. No WCC? Now you have me wondering. :scratchin Boatwrights? or possibly down the Sassagoula River to DTD?

We also eat at Pizzafari even though I want to try Flametree as well. The kids always seem to just want pizza if it's available.

I'm glad you caught Devine. We missed her on both trips. :(

I was flirting with the idea of going on Kali but since our plans had us hopping to another park we decided against it.

Hmmm. No WCC? Now you have me wondering. :scratchin Boatwrights? or possibly down the Sassagoula River to DTD?

They say Flametree has some awesome seating areas also...maybe next time (seems like I say that a lot!!)

I was so excited to see Devine! I had only moments before mentally reminded myself to search for her and then she just fell into my lap!!

Kali is fun but your chances of getting soaked are very high! We saved it for last because we knew we were heading back to the resort and we were not park hopping. I would have skipped it if we were!

Ahhh...good guesses on our evening but you will have to wait to see for sure!! :rolleyes1

You got some great pictures of Devine. We saw her on our trip, but nobody else knew what she was, so they wouldn't stop.

We also waited quite a while to ride Kali, but I LOVE it so it is always worth it to me.

The photopass picture in front of the tree is really nice!

AK wears me out too. I don't think I would have made it to the ADR either.

You got some great pictures of Devine. We saw her on our trip, but nobody else knew what she was, so they wouldn't stop.

We also waited quite a while to ride Kali, but I LOVE it so it is always worth it to me.

The photopass picture in front of the tree is really nice!

AK wears me out too. I don't think I would have made it to the ADR either.

I was so excited to see her! There was a little girl that looked to be 9 or 10 who kept telling her dad "She is just a lady on stilts" acting very unimpressed. He was trying to get her excited but she would have non of it! I loved watching Devine move...she is so graceful!

Thanks...I really was pleased with the Photopass picture!

I love Kali River because of getting wet!! :rotfl: It is so refreshing on a hot day!

We had to wait about 20 minutes for a bus to get us from Animal Kingdom back to POR. Once back at POR we prepared to head to the pool. After the hot day at AK we were looking forward to getting into the pool! And then, it began to rain! :guilty:

Thankfully the rain did not last very long and by 4:45 we were heading to the quiet pool. The pool at 'Ol Man Island had been pretty full earlier so we decided to try the quiet pool first. We spent about 15 minutes there and then decided to head over to ‘Ol Man Island. We spent a lot of time going down the slide with the little kids…I think we were the only older people that did not have to go down the slide, but we had a blast!! :rotfl: We hung out swimming for about 1 ½ hours before heading in to figure out what we wanted to do for supper since WCC was now out!

It was about 7pm by this time and we headed over to Boatwright’s to see what they had to offer. Nothing there seemed very appealing. We wandered into the food court but again nothing seemed to appeal to us. So Keith suggested we go back down to DTD and see if we could find something there! So we head to the boat dock which has a small line. We are on a boat and headed down the Sassagoula River within 20 minutes!! Here are some pictures I took along the way!

IMG_4746.jpg
IMG_4747.jpg
IMG_4749.jpg

IMG_4750.jpg

Port Orleans French Quarter and leaving the POFQ dock:

IMG_4751.jpg
IMG_4752.jpg

The Treehouse Villas...these look so nice!!

IMG_4753.jpg

Dusk was beginning to fall:
IMG_4754.jpg

As we approached Downtown Disney:

IMG_4755.jpg

We unload at the DTD dock and Keith suggests we check out Rainforest Café. We head over and as we are putting our name on the list, the manager comes by and says there is a table for 4 on the patio! Score!! :cheer2: We are immediately seated. This was my first time to eat at Rainforest Café and I really liked the food choices! It was also quiet on the patio and we had great views!! Our server was quick and we were never left wanting anything which was another huge plus!!

I only got a picture of my food but we all enjoyed what we had. Madison and Chris got the Rainforest Burger, Keith got the Mojo Bones (I tried these and they were very yummy!) and I got a combination plate with Mahi Mahi, Coconut Shrimp and Shrimp Scampi.

IMG_4777.jpg

Madison and I at the table
IMG_4767.jpg
and this fellow tried to join us
IMG_4761.jpg

As I said the views were great!
IMG_4757.jpg
IMG_4759.jpg

We were next to the water and my seat faced Saratoga Springs:
IMG_4772.jpg

Also as 9pm rolled around we noticed fireworks!! Epcot’s Illuminations was going off!! It was kind of neat watching the fireworks as we finished our meal.

IMG_4773.jpg
IMG_4775.jpg
IMG_4776.jpg
IMG_4778.jpg
IMG_4779.jpg

Our restaurant by night as we leave!:
IMG_4780.jpg

We were so tired and decided it was time to head back to the resort via the boat. Just as we got to POFQ we noticed more fireworks from the Magic Kingdom!! I did not have my camera out so no shots of these fireworks. We were back to the resort exhausted but ready to take on Hollywood Studios by 10pm!

Our 1st park day turned out to be wonderful! The crowds were low, it was hot but we persevered, and we were able to accomplish almost everything we had set out to do! In the end I was glad we chose to skip WCC simply because we were able to relax and recoup without having a time schedule to keep. I really hope to make it there one day though!

Joining in! I am loving your TR & how honest you are about your DH!!! Can't wait to read more!!!!

I am so glad you are joining in!! Welcome!! :welcome:

I figure if I am not honest...then it isn't a true TR...right??? :) He is my very best friend even if he does give me headaches about Disney!! Day 2 at DHS is full of "honesty"! :lmao:

Wow, you got some great shots of everything! I, too, was able to see DiVine for the first time -- why is it we get so excited? :lmao:

And I love the picture of you and your daughter at the table...makes me think of my own DD. :hug: What a gift our children are!

This was a great way to relax and enjoy your first day -- I bet your DH was happy with it, too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter