I can't believe he said yes! We conquered June! the end...9.10.10

This part of the report starts on page 8!!!

The plan Keith and I came up with was that the kids and I would go back to MK for the evening and if he felt like it, he would meet up with us later. Keith had hurt his foot and it was giving him problems so all of the walking was really beginning to get to him. We get cleaned up and head back to the park. We got back around 6:00pm and first get a picture in front of the train station:
Photo0034.jpg

Then we head inside. I just love Main Street and this is a big disappointment for me with our day: not getting to spend more time on Main Street. This is one of my favorite sights…the balloon guys with the buildings in the background.

IMG_5074.jpg

I always like taking this picture:
IMG_5075.jpg

We make it to Space Mtn and this wait was around 10-15 minutes. A few pictures:
IMG_5077.jpg
IMG_5078.jpg
IMG_5079.jpg

We had one extra FP since Keith did not come. Madison wanted to go to Toontown since more than likely it would be her last chance to see it. Plus she wanted to try and see the princesses. So, Chris decides to use the FP and ride Space Mtn one more time and meet us at Toontown. So off Madison and I go! We used the trail behind the Speedway that connects Tomorrowland and Toontown. We get to Toontown and the line for the princesses is 120 minutes and the Fairies line is 90 minutes. It did not take Madison long to say she would just skip this. So she shopped for some gifts for friends back home.

We then wander around a bit. We wanted to ride The Barnstormer for old time’s sake but it was closed. We also chose just to pay our respects from outside and not actually go into with Mickey or Minnie’s houses. Madison cried when I told her the plans for the Fantasyland expansion last fall. We all have our special memories of Disney from our childhoods. Mine is the Toad Adventures ride, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Space Mtn. …plus Epcot!! Madison may only be 14 but her first memories of WDW are riding on the fire truck with Pluto and ToonTown at the age of 4. That was a magical trip. Everything at MK worked to our advantage and made some awesome memories. But Toontown going away made her a little sad.
Some of our final pictures:
IMG_5082.jpg
IMG_5086.jpg
mickeyshouse.jpg
IMG_5083.jpg
IMG_5085.jpg
IMG_5080.jpg
IMG_5084.jpg

We get one last picture and head over to Tomorrowland to meet back up with Chris.
IMG_5087.jpg

After reconnecting, we decide to go to the Emporium and shop until Keith gets there. I told him we would eat supper at 8pm and that would give us time to locate a spot for the parade. As we are heading to Main Street, Keith calls. He has decided not to come. He would rather stay in the room and watch tv for awhile. Whatever, I am not missing the parade and fireworks. I am not letting him rain on my parade!! (Sorry, that was a bad one, huh??) But I am getting hungry so I tell Madison and Chris they have to shop quick!

Up next...MSEP and Nightastic!!!!

I completely understand the heat/crowd factor -- my DD gets so grumpy, as does my DH! I wasn't surprised when you said your DH bailed on you -- mine has threatened that, as well!! :lmao:

Catching up!!

I will definitely be showing your update to my little one tomorrow. We never got any pics on Splash Mountain and it's his most favorite ride! He'll love them!! :goodvibes

Do you ever wonder if the balloon guys have ever lost control of their bunch of balloons before? We spent the longest time on Main Street once, just watching one try to keep control over the bunch. It always makes me think when I see a picture of one of them!

That really sucks about your hubby, but it's good that you took some MK time with the children. I cried a little when I heard about the expansion getting rid of Toontown, too! It'll be rough to see it gone after all the memories you make there.

Can't wait for more! I'm really enjoying your TR!

I hope your hubby's foot feels better tomorrow so he can join you again. Maybe the night's rest did his foot some good!

I always wondered whether the balloon holder CM's arms ever get tired of holding them all day. They must change hands from time to time but that still is a lot of balloons to hold for any length of time :scared1:

all caught up! I love the way you ran to Snow White! I swear I will do that one day, but get way too chicken to actually do it!:rotfl: I hate the Stitch ride too, never again will I ever do that!!!!

I didn't even think before I began to run! When I reached her I thought "Oh my did I just do that????"! I did not have the opportunity to chicken out!! :rotfl2:

Stitch ride= BAD!!! :lmao:

I think your Ariel was the same one we had!!!

I thought that too...especially with the...uhmmm....comments you made! :rotfl:

I completely understand the heat/crowd factor -- my DD gets so grumpy, as does my DH! I wasn't surprised when you said your DH bailed on you -- mine has threatened that, as well!! :lmao:

The heat was getting to me so I knew it would be getting to him. He had two issues all along about going on this trip: heat and crowds...and we encountered both at Magic Kingdom! Add to the fact that this would not be his favorite park....it just did not come out favorably!!

Catching up!!

I will definitely be showing your update to my little one tomorrow. We never got any pics on Splash Mountain and it's his most favorite ride! He'll love them!! :goodvibes

Do you ever wonder if the balloon guys have ever lost control of their bunch of balloons before? We spent the longest time on Main Street once, just watching one try to keep control over the bunch. It always makes me think when I see a picture of one of them!

That really sucks about your hubby, but it's good that you took some MK time with the children. I cried a little when I heard about the expansion getting rid of Toontown, too! It'll be rough to see it gone after all the memories you make there.

Can't wait for more! I'm really enjoying your TR!

I hope your little one likes the pictures! I took a bunch on Splash last year so not that many this time around. One day I want to video the ride down the big drop....that way I can relive it on my "bad" days!! :lmao:

I wonder the same about the baloon guys. They always make me think of UP now!!

Madison really liked the alone time. Plus the kids and I move at a lot faster clip than DH so we covered a lot in those 2 hours! I was just glad he figured out what I had been telling him for years...if we are on site, we do not have to be connected at the hip!! He was not in a bad mood or anything so I was able to totally enjoy my time without worrying that he was upset with us leaving him alone!!

I know the Fantasyland expansion will be great...it is Disney after all so I have complete confidence in them, but I will miss Toontown so much!!

I hope your hubby's foot feels better tomorrow so he can join you again. Maybe the night's rest did his foot some good!

I always wondered whether the balloon holder CM's arms ever get tired of holding them all day. They must change hands from time to time but that still is a lot of balloons to hold for any length of time :scared1:

The foot was a definite issue! :rolleyes:

I can't imagine holding all of those balloons! They must get heavy!!!

There is a little something I must say about my husband, you can never tell when he is lying or telling the truth. This is a real problem sometimes and a little troubling. Well, as we round the corner at Main Street (actually right under Casey’s awning) here he comes….he was just teasing us!! Again, whatever!! And he is happily joining us...not by the twisting of the arm!! Woo-Hoo!!! His foot is still bothering him however!

He is somewhere in this crowd (I just didn't know it at the time I snapped the picture).
MK5.jpg

Well, kids shopping is out…time to eat!!

We head to Columbia Harbour House.

First the castle!
IMG_5089.jpg

The view from our table:
IMG_5090.jpg

This has become my favorite CS. The place is packed so we send the kids to the outside tables to stake a claim. Keith and I order our fish and shrimp and chicken strips and head outside. It is so pleasant….nothing like the oven from earlier in the day! We eat and then decide to go ride BTMR (oh, yeah more FPs we had grabbed earlier) but in the end we do not ride, we find a prime street side spot in Frontierland and claim it!!

MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE

I am so excited about this parade!! I have been looking forward to it since the announcement was made! I bought glow in the dark bracelets and go to pull them out….they are nowhere to be found! Later when we return to the room, I find them lying on the table where I had put them so I would not forget to take them. We had a family next to us with 7-8 kids between 10 and 17 next to us and they were so entertaining!

Here are some pictures from the parade in random order!
IMG_5095.jpg
IMG_5099.jpg

Alice in Wonderland!
IMG_5103.jpg

I would love to drive these guys!! It looks like so much fun!
IMG_5107.jpg
IMG_5098.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg
IMG_5106.jpg
IMG_5110.jpg
IMG_5114.jpg
IMG_5118.jpg
IMG_5122.jpg
IMG_5115.jpg
IMG_5119.jpg
IMG_5111.jpg
IMG_5092.jpg
IMG_5096.jpg
IMG_5100.jpg
IMG_5104.jpg
IMG_5108.jpg
IMG_5112.jpg
IMG_5116.jpg
IMG_5120.jpg
Continued in the next post!

MSEP continues!!!

IMG_5124.jpg

Tinkerbell!!
IMG_5093.jpg

IMG_5097.jpg
IMG_5101.jpg
IMG_5105.jpg
IMG_5109.jpg

These gals crack me up!!
IMG_5113.jpg

IMG_5117.jpg
IMG_5121.jpg

And for those who would like to see a few videos of MSEP!! I have posted for your viewing and listening pleasure....(just click on the next 3 pictures to view)

The kids I referred to earlier were on our left and they were hysterical. They clapped for the helpers along the route and in this video, they help Prince Charming "find" Cinderella!!

After the parade, Keith decides to leave us for real. He walks as for as Main Street and heads to the bus stop.

He leaves us looking at this!! :lovestruc
IMG_5125.jpg

He winds up getting to see most of the fireworks at the bus stop due to the bus taking a long time to arrive! He still beat us home by 45 minutes though and was snoozing quiet soundly!!

We move a little further towards Tomorrowland and get this angle:
IMG_5133.jpg

And then we move a little further only to be stopped by CMs making a pathway. So this:
castle.jpg

becomes our final resting place for the firework show

Up next...lots of pictures...it is NIGHTASTIC!!! :woohoo:

I'm all caught up again:thumbsup2

That's nice that your husband decided to join you after all and supper at the Harbor House sounded really good.

It was neat to see pics of Tinkerbell at the start of the electrical parade since i' haven't seen it since they changed it from the Blue Fairy.

Looking forward to more

I'm all caught up again:thumbsup2

That's nice that your husband decided to join you after all and supper at the Harbor House sounded really good.

It was neat to see pics of Tinkerbell at the start of the electrical parade since i' haven't seen it since they changed it from the Blue Fairy.

Looking forward to more

I guess it was a little "mean" of me to leave the post of him saying he wasn't coming like I did.....:littleangel:

Harbour House is so good...at least for CS and it is a lot of food!!

This was my first time to see MSEP except on the internet but Tinkerbell was a crowd favorite! Mickey and Minnie were the other two that got loud applause and screams!

Yay - I'm so happy your DH came back voluntarily!

I also loved seeing your pictures of MSEP (especially those roving bugs and Pete's Dragon). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MSEP sticks around through the fall.

Yay - I'm so happy your DH came back voluntarily!

I also loved seeing your pictures of MSEP (especially those roving bugs and Pete's Dragon). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MSEP sticks around through the fall.

I was so excited too! He is not a fan of parades or fireworks...Disney or any other so when he left after the parade, I wasn't surprised but he was very cool about it all! :cool2:

I really liked MSEP....and (GASP) I thought it was better than the Spectro Parade. I think it was the music!

I didn't even think before I began to run! When I reached her I thought "Oh my did I just do that????"! I did not have the opportunity to chicken out!! :rotfl2:

Stitch ride= BAD!!! :lmao:

I thought that too...especially with the...uhmmm....comments you made! :rotfl:

Yes Stitch = horrible ride!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: I didn't notice it until someone said that Ariel looked like a man in drag & then I looked & realized "omg she does!"

I read a blog recently talking about how fireworks and the castle go hand and hand. As I read it, I thought how true that is! When you see the castle it usually has fireworks exploding all around! And another thing...when it comes to those firework shows, Disney knows how to do them right!!

I really love Wishes but since we had seen it last year, I was super excited to see the Nightastic fireworks show! And of course, Disney did not disappoint!! It was fantabulous!!!

Earlier I left off with our view of the castle. All around the excitement was electric. Kids were beside themselves and even the adults had excitement in their voices! We were here on June 8 so this was only the 4th night! So without further ado...I will let the pictures talk (again, these will be in random order)!!

IMG_5134.jpg
2481058590.jpg
IMG_5144.jpg
IMG_5152.jpg
IMG_5131.jpg
IMG_5135.jpg
IMG_5147.jpg
castle2.jpg
IMG_5132.jpg
IMG_5143.jpg

And a few videos (click on each picture to view):

And Tinkerbell takes flight!!

After the fireworks, we head along with thousands of others to the exit. It felt like we were cattle being led to the slaughter or Mardi Gras on Fat Tuesday in New Orleans...both leave you shoulder to shoulder with no true choices on where you will be heading next! This was Main Street:

IMG_5129.jpg
IMG_5156.jpg

We manage to get into The Emporium and look around while the masses fight it out. Then we make our way to the bus stop. Amazingly, we only had a 20 minute wait! When we got to POR's stop there were hundreds ahead of us however, they had added enough buses to make it efficient. After seeing the numbers ahead of us, I was quiet pleased to only wait 20 minutes!

By 11:30 we were back at the room, in bed and ready for Epcot!!

Wednseday is when I have to learn that all good plans may (and must) be altered!

Wow!! Those crowd pics are insane!! We try to work around fireworks usually just to miss this mess. Although, we often end up being the people fighting the crowd to go the opposite direction, towards the back of the park! I think we must only end up doing fireworks when the park is open later after. I'd forgotten how bad it gets until you posted these pics! Eek!!

Loving your updates!!

Nightastic looks amazing and you guys some great photos from it.

Those crowds are insane and you guys lucked out with only having that short of a wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter