How much is your grocery bill running weekly?

I just went today, I spent 178.64 for about 6 weeks. It is just DH and I . I buy paper products and things like that about every four months. I like to stock up so I don't feel like we are spending so much. I use coupons, but only the ones I know for sure I use.

I just decided to track my expenses last month just to see how I was doing. I live alone, have a nice retirement income, but am fairly frugal by nature. I spent $240 last month for groceries and personal items and household goods. Most of my fruits and veggies are organic, but I buy what's in season and on sale. Of course, I also spent $130 on dining out and beverages at Starbucks, which is what I really wanted to see when I decided to track - maybe not as frugal as I thought:lmao: Although, $370 total for the month doesn't seem too bad for one person when I don't have a reason to cut expenses too deeply.

ETA: I only eat meat (usually chicken or fish) once or twice a week.

Family of four includes 2 kids aged 13 and 11. I spend just under $100 per week on food only - $400 per month is my budget. I've been able to get it down to $330 a few times. I miss the good old days when my kids were younger and I only spent $250 per month . . .

I use a lot of internet printed coupons and combine them with BOGO sales at Publix, and for the bulk of our food I've been going to Save A Lot and Walmart. I love Publix but I'm not seeing the deals like I used to, esp. since I've cut back on non-necessary foods (we really don't *need* Keebler cookies, even if they are BOGO and I have coupons). No double or triple coupons here, which is a bummer.

$50 max a week but I use coupons and that is for four people 2 that are 19 and 12. we buy a lot of fresh itmes or could get lower that this. we have no snacks unless a coupon. our kids do not drink soda at all so that helps a lot. and i am not one of the couponers like on TV I only use for what I am goign to use. have a daughter in law that just will not take hour a week and cut coupons and ws looking at her grocery list the other day as for her and my married son she spends over $100 week. and tried to show her how with coupons she could have taken easily $45 off that total. she was amazed. but she won't do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter