How much is your grocery bill running weekly?

Purrrrfecta

A little crazy cat named Lorelei
OK I just went to Costco and Kroger - my two favorite stores. I spent over $450.00. Granted, I was able to get enough items for my daughter's and my lunches for the month, but food is sooo expensive.

How much do you average a week? I have a family of four, which includes a husband and a growing 16 year-boy, and this will barely last two weeks except for the lunch snacks and drinks.

OK I just went to Costco and Kroger - my two favorite stores. I spent over $450.00. Granted, I was able to get enough items for my daughter's and my lunches for the month, but food is sooo expensive.

How much do you average a week? I have a family of four, which includes a husband and a growing 16 year-boy, and this will barely last two weeks except for the lunch snacks and drinks.

600.00 but that cause food has sky rockted.

For a family of 6 I spend at least $200 a week. Food has gotten so expensive around my area lately! I make a monthly menu and pretty much stick to it, we only go out/get take out once every other week or so.

This is one of those things that really depends on your location, number of people in your family, food allergies or preferences, organic or not, lots made from scratch or not, etc.

I spend about $200 every 2 weeks but we eat very simply & not 100% organic.

I spend about $200 per week for a family of 7 (3 teens). It has gone up a little, I've been shopping at Kroger to get the gas rewards, but I usually shop at Food Lion.

We spend $220/month. We are a family of 6, including a toddler and my 20 yo brother. This includes lunches for DH, myself, DS, and DD4, as well as DD9 on weekends/holidays. It also includes our personal care items (razors, etc), household cleaning supplies (tp, laundry stuff, dish soap, ert) and diapers/wipes.

However, I coupon pretty heavily, and since we are military, we also have access to the commissary. It's not all that great, basically a Sam's club without a membership fee, but there are some good deals to be had. We don't eat many "junk" or processed foods, like Hamburger Helper or Doritos, but we also don't eat organic unless it's comparably priced. I make most everything from scratch, unless I have gotten cake or brownie mix for free and use those.

It's not a necessity for us to live off this small a food budget, but once you know you can, it feels wasteful to just pay regular price or a blah sale price for something. It freed up more money for our Disney trip, and now we're doing the Dave Ramsey thing, so it gives us more to out towards DH's truck and my student loans. Plus I get a little giddy when I can bring things home for free :)

$125/week. That leaves us extra too. I splurge and do a once a month cooking place, it's $250 for a months worth of meals but it really keeps us from eating out as much. I spend about $250/month on breakfast, drinks, snacks and lunches. Not bad for Alaska.

i spend around $200 a week. some weeks are less and some more. so, it averages to just under $200. i have a family of five (one is a toddler).

Average about $125 a week for 3 people, but my daughter often isn't home for dinner due to her work schedule.

Year ago when my mother would comment about rising supermarket prices, I'd say, "Know how you can save at the supermarket? Just eat out all the time." :) Somehow she didn't think it was funny.

Jim

I am feeling much better now...I was just reviewing our budget and was thinking we overspend considerably on groceries :/ We average $250/week.

It depends on if we need detergent and paper towels, which I swear all of that stuff runs out at the same time!!

But on average we spend 200-250 a week.

I also hit the truckload sale at the local mom and pop supermarket. We'll spend about $400 and get at least 2 months worth of meat. That usually comes around every other month.

We spend about $200ish a week for a family of three. But we primarily eat organic fruits and veggies, purchase better quality meats, cage free chicken eggs, free trade coffee and my son is allergic to a hormone in milk, so we buy soy milk and all organic dairy products, such as cheese and ice cream. We also spend a bit more for unsalted nuts and reduced sodium beef jerkey. All that little extra for this or a bit more for that quickly adds up.

i feel better now reading what others spend. i gave up on most couponing as its not that good these days and i have no room for crazy stockpiles. i am also working in more organics. for just myself i average $50-$75 a week.

We're spending about $150-200 a week, but we eat nearly every meal at home. And now that schools back in session, I'm packing a lunch for my little one that can't contain a sandwich (her rules, not mine, lol) I'm trying to be creative and reuse our leftovers for Miss Culinary PITA. I babysit a little guy during the school week, so there is an extra milk guzzler and snack hoarder in my house.

For little kids, these guys can eat. And that's not to mention by oldest child, my bf who seems to eat anything and everything that stops moving for .02 seconds.

My goal this month is to get it under $500 for the month, here's to holding my breath!

I feel so much better reading everyone's numbers. I have been feeling like we were way overspending, but feel better now.

We are a family of 6 (Dh and I, 9yo, 7yo, 3yo and 1yo)
We eat mostly natural and organic.
I spend about $450-500 every two weeks, sometimes every 3.
I also buy a lot of bulk on those weeks because we have to drive very far to a grocery store that carries natural and organics.

I used to get away with $75-100 a week but lately it has gotten crazy. My soon to be 13 year old eats like crazy and I try to keep his snacking relatively healthy so it adds up. Right now we are averaging between $150-200 for the four of us, including cat food and household. I cringe just typing that out:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter