• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are you bringing Alcohol on board?

I will be sailing post alcohol change and have always brought on plenty of my own alcohol. So now I am wondering if I pre-order wine/champagne using DCL's gifts and amenities order form will I be charged a corking fee if i wanted to enjoy that wine at dinner? Or would I have to just wait and purchase the bottle for dinner once on the boat? And if I open the bottle in the room does that make any difference?
It's my understanding that wine purchased onboard (from the ships wine selection) is not charged the corkage fee.

If the wine bottle you are opening in your room is one you brought onboard, it doesn't make any difference if you open it ahead of time in your room. The corkage fee still applies the first time you bring it to the dining room.

If it's a bottle you purchase at dinner, then there's no corkage fee. Even if you don't finish it, have it re-corked, bring back to your room, and the bring it to your next night's dinner.

I will be sailing post alcohol change and have always brought on plenty of my own alcohol. So now I am wondering if I pre-order wine/champagne using DCL's gifts and amenities order form will I be charged a corking fee if i wanted to enjoy that wine at dinner? Or would I have to just wait and purchase the bottle for dinner once on the boat? And if I open the bottle in the room does that make any difference?

The corkage fee only applies to bottles of wine you brought on the ship yourself. It will not apply to wine ordered from Disney.

couple questions...

Can you buy a bottle of rum from room service and keep in room? If so, anyone know how much?

Do rum runner flasks work? :)

couple questions...

Can you buy a bottle of rum from room service and keep in room? If so, anyone know how much?

Do rum runner flasks work? :)
Room service menu doesn't offer bottles of alcohol. Whether you can order them "off menu" I'm not sure.

As to the rum runner issue, be aware you're just opening a can of worms as to whether it's "proper" to do so (circumventing the policy).

So, overall, is it "smarter" (cheaper) to bring your own wine/drinks and pay the corking fee than it is to order drinks?

We always order a bottle of Asti Spumante at Palo and the price (while I can't remember exactly how much) was less than I could have bought a bottle, carried it on board and paid the corkage fee. I can't speak to the price of other wines because this is the only one I have experience with on DCL (I'm more of a beer drinker), but in this specific case, it was definitely cheaper to just buy it on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter