How are you bringing Alcohol on board?

8-bottle-wine-carrier-winecruzer.jpg

Goes under the airplane. Fully insulated and has a handle and wheels. I pick up my wine at the baggage area and wheel it on board the ship.

8-bottle-wine-carrier-winecruzer.jpg

Goes under the airplane. Fully insulated and has a handle and wheels. I pick up my wine at the baggage area and wheel it on board the ship.

Cool case...but you will need 4 people in order to bring it on board filled with 8 bottles. 2 bottle max per person is the new rule.

MJ

Cool case...but you will need 4 people in order to bring it on board filled with 8 bottles. 2 bottle max per person is the new rule.

MJ
Not on Princess!

Also, empty slots are great places to pack toiletries.

Sad, but 2 bottles of wine for each adult. No small rum (750 ml )bottle or vodka for the room on the next cruise:mad:. Yes we went to the clubs and had a few drinks at the pool( save your judgement, we were not knee crawling drunk).

So, overall, is it "smarter" (cheaper) to bring your own wine/drinks and pay the corking fee than it is to order drinks?

So, overall, is it "smarter" (cheaper) to bring your own wine/drinks and pay the corking fee than it is to order drinks?
I guess it depends on the prices of the wine (the ones you are bringing + corkage fee vs the ones onboard).

You'd have to see how the cost for the wine you like (and would bring along) compares to purchasing wine onboard.

Sad, but 2 bottles of wine for each adult. No small rum (750 ml )bottle or vodka for the room on the next cruise:mad:. Yes we went to the clubs and had a few drinks at the pool( save your judgement, we were not knee crawling drunk).
I thought it was 2 bottles per STATEROOM, not per person?

Are these bagged alcohol drinks still allowed, or is that a no since I believe liquor is not longer allowed on the ship? I was hoping to bring some of those since I'd feel more comfortable packing the giant Capri-Sun looking drinks compared to breakable bottles.

I guess it depends on the prices of the wine (the ones you are bringing + corkage fee vs the ones onboard).

You'd have to see how the cost for the wine you like (and would bring along) compares to purchasing wine onboard.

I am simple when it comes to wine, so the kind I buy it about $12 a bottle. Does the corking fee just cover the first night they actually open it? What if we don't finish it and want to drink the rest at dinner the next night? Are we charged a corking fee again?

I am simple when it comes to wine, so the kind I buy it about $12 a bottle. Does the corking fee just cover the first night they actually open it? What if we don't finish it and want to drink the rest at dinner the next night? Are we charged a corking fee again?
You are only charged the corkage fee the first time the bottle is opened. If you don't finish it the first night, they will re-cork it and you may bring it with you back to your room. OR you may leave it with the servers, and it will show up at dinner the next night.

You are only charged the corkage fee the first time the bottle is opened. If you don't finish it the first night, they will re-cork it and you may bring it with you back to your room. OR you may leave it with the servers, and it will show up at dinner the next night.

Okay, now that sounds a lot better! Thanks!

Good question about a $12 bottle. Is it worth bringing a $12 bottle and paying for the corkage? Makes it a $37 bottle. What can you get for around that price onboard? A better than $12 land bought bottle?

We were just in DW and there was a shop at Downtown Disney that was selling all kinds of containers that were labeled like hand lotion, shampoo bottles and others that you can use as a flask. pretty clever I guess this is what people will resort to to take their booze on board.

I will be sailing post alcohol change and have always brought on plenty of my own alcohol. So now I am wondering if I pre-order wine/champagne using DCL's gifts and amenities order form will I be charged a corking fee if i wanted to enjoy that wine at dinner? Or would I have to just wait and purchase the bottle for dinner once on the boat? And if I open the bottle in the room does that make any difference?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter