• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are you bringing Alcohol on board?

Hard sided coolers are not allowed. As far as I know you can take soft sided ones.
As long as they are small, personal ones. From the DCL website:
Q:Can coolers and/or food items be brought on board?
A:Yes, but restrictions apply. Please review important guidelines below:

• Coolers (no larger than 12" x 12" x 12") are only permitted as carry-on for Guests storing medications, baby food or items related to dietary constraints. Items must be pre-packaged and unopened, and cannot require any food prep from the kitchen.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...plans/faqs/preparing-for-your-cruise/coolers/

We just split ours between our two carryons, a large wheelie and a backpack, we take (and bring back) too much!! Normally champagne, Malibu, Midori, Contreau, Rum, Port, Small Sangria/Wine, beer, some random minis I find at the liquor store oh and a few softies, juice and water.

I always pack a small soft sided cooler into our suitcase, it looks more like a purse and use that at Castaway Cay, they looked inside of it when I came back on the last trip but never said a word and it had a couple of mini wine bottles, some soda and empty miniature bottles that I bring home and fill up for the next trip.

What a good idea, refilling the little plastic bottles. Do they not give trouble cause the seal is broken?

You can buy "Wine Skins" which are bubble wrap shaped like a wine bottle. These could work for wine or liquor. I have not used these myself but was considering them for an upcoming cruise since other people have recommended "wine skins" to me. If you google them you should be able to find them online. If you plan to drink wine you brought on board in the dining room there is a $20 corking fee. The website technically says you cannot bring wine you brought on board in lounge or public areas, but I'm not sure how strictly that is enforced.

You can buy "Wine Skins" which are bubble wrap shaped like a wine bottle. These could work for wine or liquor. I have not used these myself but was considering them for an upcoming cruise since other people have recommended "wine skins" to me. If you google them you should be able to find them online. If you plan to drink wine you brought on board in the dining room there is a $20 corking fee. The website technically says you cannot bring wine you brought on board in lounge or public areas, but I'm not sure how strictly that is enforced.
We took a bottle of wine to the Promenade Lounge on our last Wonder cruise. We only did this because DD (who had brought the bottle on), asked at Guest Services for a confirmation that she could bring it to the MDR. GS told her "No, but she could bring it to one of the lounges"! We were charged a corkage fee there, but they supplied glasses and poured for us.

So, even the people at GS aren't clear on what's OK.

Last edited:
We brought a bottle of wine with us every night on our Alaskan cruise last year. Our serving team only charged us a corking fee for 2 of the 7 nights. Of course we added another large chunk of cash onto their tip at the end of the cruise for that. Our last cruise was a three night to Nassau. There we went to Palo one night and then Remy another. This left us just one night in the rotation dining room so we ordered a bottle of wine from them for that night.

We use Wine Skins all the time and now never travel without them, using them to bring home rum from the Caribbean, whisky from Scotland, and wine from Europe, as well as take wine on our cruises, if allowed. Ours are from Magellans and are reusable with a double seal to prevent leaks. The ones in the grocery and alcohol stores are one time use only, using an adhesive seal. We used those once when we forgot to take our wine skins with us.

I've never had a broken or cracked bottle. Once an unopened bottle leaked slightly past the cork, but it was well contained by the double seal.

For planning purposes, a bottle of wine or spirits weighs about 3 lbs. Sometimes we bring wine with us (checked bag on the flight, then transfer to our carry on before going to the ship terminal), other times we buy wine after we get there (found some nice wines in Barcelona) and put them into the wine skins and into our carry on.

Last edited:

We brought a bottle of wine with us every night on our Alaskan cruise last year. Our serving team only charged us a corking fee for 2 of the 7 nights. Of course we added another large chunk of cash onto their tip at the end of the cruise for that. Our last cruise was a three night to Nassau. There we went to Palo one night and then Remy another. This left us just one night in the rotation dining room so we ordered a bottle of wine from them for that night.

On the EBTA our friends brought a bottle each night to dinner and were charged the corking fee for all 14 nights!!! Our friends drink nice wine so they said even with the corking fee they came out ahead by bringing their own favorite bottles onboard. I think serving teams charging corking fees are hit or miss but I would never expect it be waived.

MJ

What a good idea, refilling the little plastic bottles. Do they not give trouble cause the seal is broken?

I've taken refilled miniatures a few times. I put them inside a Baggie, which goes inside a second Baggie. So far, no leaks from the bottles, let alone the baggies.

On the EBTA our friends brought a bottle each night to dinner and were charged the corking fee for all 14 nights!!! Our friends drink nice wine so they said even with the corking fee they came out ahead by bringing their own favorite bottles onboard. I think serving teams charging corking fees are hit or miss but I would never expect it be waived.

MJ

That's a nice service DCL provides (letting folks bring their own wine to the dining room). I've heard of others trying to take wine to the lounges, and probably the CMs tolerate it and perhaps charge a corking fee, but of course Disney asks that we not take our alcohol into public areas.

But for the dining room, DCL does permit that. We once had some special champagne we brought on board for a birthyday, and I took it to Palo early in the day. They assured me it was not only acceptable, but expected that many would bring their own special wines to the dining room, and they graciously kept it chilled for us during the day and served it with dinner (what a bargain for the low corking fee...stored, chillled, served, glasses, the whole shooting match).

so this will be our fourth cruise and we've always brought our own beer/wine in a small cooler emptying the ice prior to boarding. My husband has read on their guidelines that it needs to be brought in as carry on. How are others bringing their own alcohol on board? We were planning to do the same for our upcoming Sept cruise but afraid they may not let it on? Anyone? Thanks

We usually just bring a small carry on roller, and load our water and sodas into it. Then we use it for souvenirs on the trip home.

Silly question, because it seems like the answer has to be 'of course' but can you purchase a *glass* of wine with your dinner? They'll have a house red or white, right? Thanks!

Ok so we plan on using a rolling carryon to bring alcohol etc on board, but Can I pack flat my soft sided cooler in my checked luggage to use later in our room on the Wonder as our room "fridge" to keep sodas, wine etc chill and cold cause I don't think there is a fridge in our room provided? It's what I've always packed to use for the water and soda when we've cruised carnival but this is our first disney cruise so I wasn't sure! Being able to bring on your own alcohol for your room is soooooo exciting and new to us!

Ok so we plan on using a rolling carryon to bring alcohol etc on board, but Can I pack flat my soft sided cooler in my checked luggage to use later in our room on the Wonder as our room "fridge" to keep sodas, wine etc chill and cold cause I don't think there is a fridge in our room provided? It's what I've always packed to use for the water and soda when we've cruised carnival but this is our first disney cruise so I wasn't sure! Being able to bring on your own alcohol for your room is soooooo exciting and new to us!
All rooms on DCL ships have a fridge. Some work better than others, but they all have them.

Oh I thought I had read somewhere here there wasn't a fridge on the Wonder specifically. But that would be awesome if there is cause one less thing to pack!! Thanks!

Oh I thought I had read somewhere here there wasn't a fridge on the Wonder specifically. But that would be awesome if there is cause one less thing to pack!! Thanks!
The Wonder is the last ship to be upgraded to fridges. Last I heard they had completed the turnover. Before that there were what they called "cooling boxes" in all rooms. Like a mini-fridge, just not quite as cold. Although we had one that formed ice crystals in our soda we put in there. They were sort of hit or miss whether they were really cold, slightly cooler than the ambient air, or didn't work at all. We only had one that didn't work at all, but we found that putting the ice bucket in there worked just as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter