Hoping to bounceback for Free Dining next year.

we need a report from someone who tried to book a value bounceback and find out what kind of DDP they got, if they could book.

I have stayed at POR 2 times, would like to stay somewhere else. I was thinking of doing a family suite at a value to switch thing up a bit.

So please post info!!!!:worship:

Thanks TifffanyD!

I remember last year, people who stayed at a mod didn't have value on their flyer either... I don't think they want people to downgrade.

But I am curious as to what the value offer is... is it like the the Sep-Dec deal they have now where QSDP is offered for the values only... I hope not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the deal is :)
I did some quick calculations but I do believe that based on 2009 rates to upgrade to DDP from QSDP during the Oct to Dec promo, it is still cheaper to upgrade at the values then to go to the Mods. Make sure you do your math and research on this one.

I hope that since a BB is being offered now that there will
be an offer in April again. :goodvibes
I need some pixie dust
:tinker:

I did some quick calculations but I do believe that based on 2009 rates to upgrade to DDP from QSDP during the Oct to Dec promo, it is still cheaper to upgrade at the values then to go to the Mods. Make sure you do your math and research on this one.

Yes, I did those calculations also :) We probably won't be going in September again this year but if the regular DDP isn't offered for the values, it will seal the deal in not going then. If we have to pay more to upgrade, it gets to the point that it's not worth it especially since the weather that time of the year is the WORST!

I think we're just going to stay in December hopefully on AP discount or general public discount and pay for dining OOP.

If it is offered to the values then maybe we'll go in September... maybe. I really wish it was extended further into October.

I am tentatively planning next year's Mother/daughter trip (if she'll put up with me again!) for AKL. I've always wanted to stay there & haven't because I feel guilty that only DD & I go. But I think I'm getting over the guilt & will book AKL on the BB.

if u are a resort guest there is no charge to use the fitness center. ive been reading up on csr as we might go there next year. it also has a place where u can get your hair done or a massage. it has the amenities of a deluxe at a moderate price. the place looks absolutely beautiful.

for me because we are a family of 5 getting a value room with counter service would be more expensive than a mod, due to the family suite price.

So I really need to know if value are included and if is Counter Service or not.

Anyone notice that it only mentions WL and AKL on the deluxe side??? Not sure if that is the way it is normally worded or not.

A lot of their promos are worded hat way, so that they can quote the absolute lowest deluxe price. With a $170 difference between a standard room at WL and one at GF, the promotional material looks a lot more impressive with the WL/AKL pricing example under the deluxe level!

I stayed at POR last year and this was the offer I got in the room :

free%20dine1.jpg

free%20dine2.jpg

free%20dine3.jpg

You'll notice that there's only mention for the Moderate and Deluxe resort. But when I called and inquired about the Value resorts the same offer applied (standard dining). I'm hoping Disney will do the same this year

There's hope alive still for the Values! I really like staying at Pop. I am not sure why. Maybe just because it was the first place I took my girls:) I have some money stashed away for college and if they don't need it we are going to do a really nice girls only trip in about 10 years. I am hoping!

thank you:thumbsup2 the only things is my mother wants to pay for our trip next year for dd b-day and she might be coming in place of dh can i give her all the info or get he cc numbers and do it that way has anyone done that??

don't know if they'll let you do it that way or not, but seems like it may work...I do know that the bounceback reservation has to be ireserved for next year in the name of the person who is registered to the room at the time you make the bounceback...I suppose they could register it in your name & use her credit card to pay the deposit (you have to give a $200 package deposit at the time you book the bounceback reservation.)

Can you add an additional person to the reservation at a later date than when you book the bouncebacks? We want to book the bounceback but I have to convince my brother and sister in law to let me bring my nephew with me next year! So can I add him a few months from now or would I have to put him on the reservation when I make it? Or would it be easier to add him and then take him off later on?

Can you add an additional person to the reservation at a later date than when you book the bouncebacks? We want to book the bounceback but I have to convince my brother and sister in law to let me bring my nephew with me next year! So can I add him a few months from now or would I have to put him on the reservation when I make it? Or would it be easier to add him and then take him off later on?
I had five people one year and dropped a person later in the year for a bounce back. But I seem to remember being told that you could get charged at some point if the cost of the package goes down, but there is no charge when your cost goes up. Just double check when you book.

I think this question was asked but not answered--can we book more than 1 room during bounceback? We need 2 ourselves, but we had also planned a Grand Gathering for next summer.

TIA

You'll notice that there's only mention for the Moderate and Deluxe resort. But when I called and inquired about the Value resorts the same offer applied (standard dining). I'm hoping Disney will do the same this year

That might be a big advantage for folks bouncing back to the values this year, if the GP offer for next summer mirrors the fall/winter tiered free dining offer.

We are going in Sept on a bounceback from last year and are hoping to do another trip next year. My husband and I celebrate our anniversary without the kids there. I am hoping to do a shorter trip next year at the same time in Sept however we are looking to take the whole family down the week after Thanksgiving.

If the free dining is like this year that will be wonderful as we would want to do the dining plan anyhow. I wonder if they would book two bouncebacks for me at the same time with the same free dining offer. I wonder if they know in advance if the dining period for next year will extend into Dec like it is this year. I would be so thrilled to book the two trips and be done worrying and looking for deals throughout the whole year.

Our bounceback last year gave only specific dates until the end of Sept but then they turned around and offered the free dining into Dec of this year. But I know originally it wasnt listed like that on our bounceback offer in our room.

I guess I will have to see when I get down there and try. :confused3

I think this question was asked but not answered--can we book more than 1 room during bounceback? We need 2 ourselves, but we had also planned a Grand Gathering for next summer.

TIA

Not sure about this year yet, but in previous years only guests actually staying at a WDW resort were allowed to book a BB during their stay, and you had to book and deposit before checking out. They did verify that you were currently a registered guest at the time of booking.

So you couldn't book for other people but I have read posts where the DW booked a BB and DH booked another BB so they could have 2 rooms. Of course, that's two reservations and so two deposits ($400).

Sorry but JMO your grand gathering group will probably have to wait to book their rooms until Free Dining is announced for everyone to book. With this economy you should aways try though!

:cutie:

So I'm curious and don't see that this has been answered or not..... is this BB offer just FD, or did they tack a room discount on somewhere? Anyone from past years done the math? Sort of new to the whole FD thing.

My next 'big' trip in 2010 is SUPPOSED to be somewhere NEW to me, not Disney, BUT.... if the deal is even better than this year.... :) :wizard:

So I'm curious and don't see that this has been answered or not..... is this BB offer just FD, or did they tack a room discount on somewhere? Anyone from past years done the math? Sort of new to the whole FD thing.

My next 'big' trip in 2010 is SUPPOSED to be somewhere NEW to me, not Disney, BUT.... if the deal is even better than this year.... :) :wizard:

You are only allowed to book bounceback while you are currently staying at a Disney resort, you must book it from your hotel room so you won't be able to take advantage of it anyway.

But... no, there isn't a room discount on top of the FD. It's a part of what you have to book is that the room must be booked at the full room rate.

I'd love to know if anyone was able to ask about different dates or if it has to be used during the August/September time-frame. (I know in the past, even though the flyer has said ask about other dates, there's really only been deals for August/September for free dining. BUT I thought this year with the economy, a girl could dream ;))

Also, does anyone know if you can book multiple rooms with bounceback? I know you have to be there. But for instance, DH and I are going in September and would like to book several rooms for next year - can we do that, as long as we pay the deposit for each room?

If you and your husband are going, you can book two rooms for next year. One in his name and one in your name. There will be two $200 deposits due at the time of booking. We did this last year so that my parents could join us. The reservations are kind of a mess since my hubby and I are not in a room together but it will work out fine. We just need to remember what card opens what door!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter