HoJo discount rates - BIG CHANGES!!

I think we may need a sticky or thread that just lists these dates. Let's make our own updated version of HoJo's old ET/Retro Rates page on their board.:thumbsup2

I created this thread when I got the e-mail with the dates in case someone wasn't looking at the othr Hojo thread. It may a good place to start posting dates when they come available. I can update the title...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2965845

Wow...I'm shocked at the standard rates now! I called and did get a respresentative who would give me the 50% off rate. We have always reserved two standard rooms, buildings 4-6, second floor, in the past. They were not available for our entire stay. Even those rooms were now $90 a night! We would have to get more expensive rooms if we didn't want to switch during our days. I passed.

I'm sorry, but those standard rooms are not worth $180 a night!

Yes! This is exactly the issue- they've raised the standard rates just to "slash" them by 50%, which is still above the former ET/Retro Rates. But really...depending on when you are going $90 isn't bad. Although for the double doubles- eek!:scared: I am NOT a fan of those rooms!

I would suggest that you consider making the reservation with the Super Family Rates for when they are available. Then just watch to see if they add more last minute. At least this way you'll still be able to reserve a room. Just keep an eye on the 30 day cancellation mark. That way if more of your dates don't open up, you can always cancel.

Jory- Some of the double queens in bldg 2 are in indeed larger. Both bldg 1& 2 double queens are 356 sq ft. There's an "alt" double queen option in bldg 2 that has 385 sq ft. By comparison, the kids suite has 538 sq feet.

The difference between a deluxe and standard is really just the addition of a microwave in the deluxe rooms. Since we've only ever stayed in King deluxe in bldg 2- I can't personally compare the two. But from what I've heard, HoJo's has started making pillow top & premium bedding standard in every room. I don't know if they've made the transition of upgraded bedding to the double double rooms yet.

The other difference between the 2 rooms types is that bldg 1, standard rooms face the freeway. Although I've heard the freeway noise isn't too bad now that they did some work on eliminating the noise.

Maybe it would be cheapest for your family to have 2 of the double doubles?? Those rooms are also 356 sq ft. I wonder if the price on double doubles is more in line with the former ET $59/night rate?? Since I booked a deluxe King at $74.50- I would imagine that the standard double doubles would be even cheaper.

They do also offer a queen suite room. It has 2 queen beds & a queen sized sofa sleeper. It's 700 sq ft and even has a kitchen! Although, I imagine the price to be the highest of all the rooms at the HoJo.

Thanks, Chrissie, for your very detailed reply. :) I wonder now if anyone can let us know how many different types of room types and in what buildings have the potential to be adjoining rooms.

i remember 79 a night for prem room i cant imagine paying more then that now what 200 for prem room? god hojos is turning in to money hogs like the disney hotels you can almost stay at a disney hotel cheaper then hojos when they have the ap sale at pp. sorry but i think hojos is now off my lsit of goto hotels you shouldn't have changed your rates. On top of the changes you made a year or so ago. I had heard so many complain about the new cancel problems now the new rates (shame shame) ppl went to you because of the good deals now you are just as bad as others wanting to much money no breakfast.

You shouldn't have spent money on the new tvs and jsut kept the rates (59,69,79) and you would have stayed good with most ppl

i went and the tvs were fine, heck so was the bathroom so what if there is so dirt but still i just think you have made a mistake.

i remember 79 a night for prem room i cant imagine paying more then that now what 200 for prem room? god hojos is turning in to money hogs like the disney hotels you can almost stay at a disney hotel cheaper then hojos when they have the ap sale at pp. sorry but i think hojos is now off my lsit of goto hotels you shouldn't have changed your rates. On top of the changes you made a year or so ago. I had heard so many complain about the new cancel problems now the new rates (shame shame) ppl went to you because of the good deals now you are just as bad as others wanting to much money no breakfast.

You shouldn't have spent money on the new tvs and jsut kept the rates (59,69,79) and you would have stayed good with most ppl

i went and the tvs were fine, heck so was the bathroom so what if there is so dirt but still i just think you have made a mistake.

I am paying less than that at PPH and I get EMH and a vacation planner at my disposal. There is no way I'd pay $200 for offsite anywhere. But my guess is they never actually plan to charge the rack rate. It'll be there to make their "discounts" look good.

i remember getting a rate for 170 for pp three years ago it wasnt that i got to use it but that the rate was cheap and i could have went there for less then the hojop normal room rate that i was trying to pint out

JadeDarkstar said:
i remember getting a rate for 170 for pp three years ago it wasnt that i got to use it but that the rate was cheap and i could have went there for less then the hojop normal room rate that i was trying to pint out

I agree with you 100% they are WAY over charging compared to what else is close.

Wow...I'm shocked at the standard rates now! I called and did get a respresentative who would give me the 50% off rate. We have always reserved two standard rooms, buildings 4-6, second floor, in the past. They were not available for our entire stay. Even those rooms were now $90 a night! We would have to get more expensive rooms if we didn't want to switch during our days. I passed.

I'm sorry, but those standard rooms are not worth $180 a night!

I frankly could not believe this either! I was really excited because we have a kind of spontaneous 1 day trip planned for this weekend and thought the timing couldn't be better when I got Hojo's email. I was thinking the rates would be closer to $59+ tax a night. $90 is really nothing to get excited about when I can find rooms available on Hotwire for $69, even less on Priceline most likely.

Does the HOJO list their current regular (non-discounted) room rates anywhere? I can't seem to find them.

And what were the regular rates before they went up? Curious to see how much they went up.

There are tradeoffs with any property. Non-DL properties within walking distance all seem to share the sad and outdated look so really comes down to price, distance & amenities. With prices inching up, up, up, it's making HoJo less attractive but it still has a leg up on other walkable properties for their pool areas, ample free parking for all guests (multiple cars per room if necessary), indoor corridors, kids suites, game room, laundry facilities, rooms with firework views and one thing I took advantage of on our last trip which was watching fireworks from the hot tub. Hard to beat a warm soak after a long day while watching the fireworks. On the downside, it's a longer walk than some properties, they do not offer free breakfast, and as mentioned already the prices have been creeping up. Like all the walkable properties, the decor is a bit dated but the place is clean and well kept. If you're looking for fresh and new in a walkable property, you have to open the wallet and stay onsite.
That is true. I do open my wallet. I also wait until slow seasons so the prices are cheaper at the nicer hotels. Since we only stay one night or two it is a doable option.

The standard rooms being $90 a night confuse me - maybe it's the dates, but I got the Premium 2 Queens for $79 for Jan. 6th and 7th on this new deal.

This is very important to those who are throwing $200 rack rates around and comparing it to what they may have been quoted in the past at a DLH or what one may get with a limited AP discount. Everything needs to be put into perspective. Comparing the best deal you were ever offered to a rack rate very few people pay at HoJos is absurd. The rack rate is not fixed. It's seasonal. So like the example above, a premium room at $79 means a rack rate of $158. A deluxe or standard room should be cheaper if available on those dates. Summer, holiday, and school break periods will always see higher rack rates and for the most part were exempt from retro rates.

Also, just to keep things in perspective. PPH rack rate for those dates is $240/night.

That is true. I do open my wallet. I also wait until slow seasons so the prices are cheaper at the nicer hotels. Since we only stay one night or two it is a doable option.

That makes sense. Our last trip was 10 nights. if I were only doing a night or two I would have popped for the $400+ this summer and taken advantage of the DLH benefits. Instead of three nights at DLH, we stayed 10 at HoJos.

When I got the email today, I called about my existing reservation and they changed it for me to the Super Family rate. I am getting the 2 doubles in Nov for 74.50 on Sat and 64.50 Sun-Thurs. So It must just depend on when you are going.

I did go to their website earlier and also their discussion board, but they don't actually list their regular rates anywhere that I can find. :confused3

It's because the rates vary, (from high season to low season, etc.) so you have to enter specific dates on the website, and then view the regular non-discounted rates. Hope this helps!

Just a heads up--I just got an email confirming my reservation for Nov. and it said that I need to bring a copy of the Super Family rate email.

Just a heads up--I just got an email confirming my reservation for Nov. and it said that I need to bring a copy of the Super Family rate email.

I was told the same thing. I signed up to receive the e-mails but wasn't sent one. Could someone forward me a copy? Thanks!

This is the complete opposite of what I was told! Ugh! They really need to figure their *stuff* out!:mad:

I specifically asked, "do I need to show/bring anything when I check in?" To which I was told, "no, you're fine, you're all set".

Guess I'll be going back & printing out my email now. Thanks for the heads up, always good to be prepared!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter