HoJo discount rates - BIG CHANGES!!

matthewaniela said:
I have 3 Disneyland view rooms booked from 17th October - 31st October at the Retro rate of $89 per night . When I got the email for the New Family rate I phoned to see if this was a better deal . To my surprise 4 of my nights were reduced to $79 and 2 were $84.50. There seems to be alot of negative people in this thread . I really don't understand the complaints these prices are great.

The reason some people didn't get all the emails is because they didn't tick all the boxes below.

HojoAnaheim/Disney News & Updates

Disneyland Annual Passholder Rates & Updates

Discount Rate Specials

Last Minute Deals (within 7 days)

Thanks so much for posting this! I had received the email (as I had posted above) but as I already had Ent rates I didn't even think to check to see if it would be cheaper with the new Super Family Rate. Well I chatted with in-house reservations today & was able to lower 3 of my nights in a DL view room to $79.50 & 3 to $84.50 (both from $89)! :) :) :) Thanks to the HoJo as well for as always providing me with amazing customer service! Cant wait to stay with you once again! :)
Just make sure u have all the appropriate boxes checked off & you should be good to go!

Signed up for the email...ticked all the boxes...checked spam folders.....still no email. I am glad to hear there are still good rates to be had, but I'd like them to resolve the "you have to have a copy of the email" nonsense. That is just silly. Maybe by the time I get back to DLR, I'll have received an email. For me, it's too far to walk unless I'm getting the discount.

Thank you to all the people posting the dates for the super rates!! I just booked 3 nights for our Nov./Dec. trip at $74.50 for an NQQ2. I will gladly take that, because I was unable to find anywhere else on Harbor (that I feel is decent, anyway :rolleyes1) for under $110 a night. I used AP rates on the other nights so our average rate will be right around $100 a night. And the SF rate is less than the retro rate of $79 that we paid for the same room in May!

I also signed up for the e-mails several days ago, but have yet to receive anything. When she told me to bring a copy of the e-mail with the dates, I told her a 'friend' (that would be all of you;)) had let me know about the dates, since I had yet to receive any e-mails. She said they should be mailing out another today and to copy that and bring it in. I sure hope I get one!

I've been reading this thread and wanted to respond. I work at one of the Disneyland adjacent hotels (not HoJo).

HoJo's Retro Rates were very cool. I love Hojo and have taken advantage of it myself. I knew it wouldn't last forever, though.

Like most hotels along Harbor next to Disneyland, HoJo is not a new property. Older hotel require remodels and upgrades (for example flat screen tvs) which require a lot of money. It's a double edged sword. If you charge cheap rates you can't afford to do do these upgrades and maintenance. If you charge a little more people complain because they don't want to pay. If you can't afford to do the maintenance, the hotel starts to look run down and people complain and then don't come back. I'd rather pay more and stay at a hotel that is well maintained and well staffed.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. :)

We stayed there once, in a DL view room in building one (which was a view of trees more then anything). We did get the Entertainment rate. Honestly we left there scratching our heads as to why so many people love it there.

It was loud. The halls being enclosed just meant the screams from kids at all hours were even louder then usual. A large group of teen band members came in the middle of the night. Super loud in the hall. We could hear Grad night across the street going. The music was so loud from it that my husband actually went and slept in the car for a few hours and got better sleep that way. The beds were just "okay". Ours at home were better. We could hear freeway noise and a lot of cars on Manchester. I'm a light sleeper so all of this was disturbing for me. The room was just average. Service wasn't particularly special. They never even asked how our stay was when we checked out. :confused3 And one day after our room was cleaned a maid barged back in while we were napping. And got an attitude with us saying we needed to put up the do not disturb sign! Didn't realize you should need to do that AFTER the rooms are clean. :sad2:

The walk wasn't terribly bad. But at the end of the night we were jealous of those turning off quickly in to their motels and we had quite a bit to go yet! I think the best thing it has going is the Pirate cove area. We prefer staying right across the sidewalk. Free breakfast there is a plus, and you can't beat the location. Those are average too. But at least we always have a quiet stay, with more amenities. My husband said he'd never stay there again, regardless of discount. I can't imagine paying almost $200 a night. Yikes. Sorry, just our experience.

We stayed there once, in a DL view room in building one (which was a view of trees more then anything). We did get the Entertainment rate. Honestly we left there scratching our heads as to why so many people love it there.

It was loud. The halls being enclosed just meant the screams from kids at all hours were even louder then usual. A large group of teen band members came in the middle of the night. Super loud in the hall. We could hear Grad night across the street going. The music was so loud from it that my husband actually went and slept in the car for a few hours and got better sleep that way. The beds were just "okay". Ours at home were better. We could hear freeway noise and a lot of cars on Manchester. I'm a light sleeper so all of this was disturbing for me. The room was just average. Service wasn't particularly special. They never even asked how our stay was when we checked out. :confused3 And one day after our room was cleaned a maid barged back in while we were napping. And got an attitude with us saying we needed to put up the do not disturb sign! Didn't realize you should need to do that AFTER the rooms are clean. :sad2:

The walk wasn't terribly bad. But at the end of the night we were jealous of those turning off quickly in to their motels and we had quite a bit to go yet! I think the best thing it has going is the Pirate cove area. We prefer staying right across the sidewalk. Free breakfast there is a plus, and you can't beat the location. Those are average too. But at least we always have a quiet stay, with more amenities. My husband said he'd never stay there again, regardless of discount. I can't imagine paying almost $200 a night. Yikes. Sorry, just our experience.

I'm sorry your experience wasn't a good one.:sad2:

I think it might have something to do with which building you were in....IMO, building 2 is THE only way to go! It's on the far side of the property near the big garden pool and just feels SO much quieter. We always stay in a deluxe King which overlooks the pool and we always request top floor.

Unfortunatly, going during Grad Nights could have had something to do with all the noise. Which you would have most likely experienced at any hotel you stayed at.

Personally, there are a few things that I do (at all hotels) to ensure that our visit is a success.

I always request a top floor, quiet room facing away from any major freeway or road. I would much rather have a quiet room in bldg 2 then a Disney "peek" through the trees in loud bldg 1.:thumbsup2

We always, always, always put our DND sign on the door, 1st thing! When/If we want service, then we remove it on the way out for the day.

I spray/sanitize before we unpack & touch anything. I also have DH check for bedbugs. This can happen at even the nicest of hotels, so don't descriminate- check them all!

If we drive, I bring our pillows from home. This always helps us sleep better!

Prior to arrival, I call and confirm our reservations and ask if they are remodeling or doing any major cleaning. That way there are no surprises! And if they just happen to be remodeling, well then- I ask for a newer room!

These are just a few of my tips....personally, we really like the HoJo. But a big reason we like it is that we feel the value of the ET/Retro/Super Family (whatever!) rates are very good in comparision to what you get. Heck no, I would never pay $200 to stay here. But that's just my opinion. I think it helps to have realistic expectations with any hotel you choose. Most along Harbor are very similar in what they have to offer.

I have 3 Disneyland view rooms booked from 17th October - 31st October at the Retro rate of $89 per night . When I got the email for the New Family rate I phoned to see if this was a better deal . To my surprise 4 of my nights were reduced to $79 and 2 were $84.50. There seems to be alot of negative people in this thread . I really don't understand the complaints these prices are great.

The reason some people didn't get all the emails is because they didn't tick all the boxes below.

HojoAnaheim/Disney News & Updates

Disneyland Annual Passholder Rates & Updates

Discount Rate Specials

Last Minute Deals (within 7 days)

I checked for the Discount Rate Specials and HoJo/Disneyland news and still didn't get an email. So I don't think that's the exact answer for everyone.

FYI-I received an email from HOJO asking to update profile with first/last name. From this point on, name has to appear on email and is needed for check in. Make sure you update your profile.

FYI-I received an email from HOJO asking to update profile with first/last name. From this point on, name has to appear on email and is needed for check in. Make sure you update your profile.

I recieved the same e-mail. here are the new rules for the super family rate

from hojo email

There have been a few new rules and restrictions added in order to receive these great rates:

* Upon ckeck-in, you must present a printout of the email showing your name and the travel dates that you reserved.

* Name on reservation must match name on the email printout.

* Open dates will only be sent out via official HoJo email notification. Dates posted on 3rd party sites are not valid and will not be honored.

Yep, I got that email too. I've updated the first post to reflect the new rules.

Printing out an e-mail is easier than buying an Entertainment book. I also appreciate they are more flexible with cancelations now. So far I like the changes. Of course if I do not get dates for our next visit I will throw a complete temper tantrum and rage quit. Just wait. It will be glorious. :furious:

Hi

I received AP discount email today but no family discount email. Can anyone tell me if one went out today? I checked my settings and had all the boxes checked. Just needed to know if I need to call them.

Also, if you want to share the dates…that'd be good too! :)

I got one too. Just the AP one with the 30% off dates. You can check those at any time on their site HERE, but the email was letting you know that new AP 30% off rate dates became available. HTH. :)

Right. I know about the AP discounts. I was asking if there are any new dates for the Super Family Rate. It seems like I'm not getting those emails.

Right. I know about the AP discounts. I was asking if there are any new dates for the Super Family Rate. It seems like I'm not getting those emails.

I got the Super Family Rate email when it came out, as well as the current AP rate email. I think that probably just indicates that there hasn't been a Super Family Rate email recently, just the AP one.

We have stayed at the Hojo several times, and always enjoyed it. They will continue to be our place to go if we aren't staying on site.

It is a bummer that the great ET rate seems to be gone. And I can't think it's due to cancellations on those days, simply because when I was looking into booking a year ago, they had already implemented the policy of pre-paying for those ET days, and no refund on cancellation. We ended up at the Paradise Pier, so it wasn't an issue for us in the end.

I still haven't gotten any emails from HoJo.

Stayed with them 3 years ago with 3 adults, 2 kids and an infant. It was great!

Would love to put them on my consideration list for next year.

allgrownup, if you're sure you subscribed to the emails and checked your junk folder, etc and are still not getting the emails, I would call.

Just got a Super Family email with dates ranging from Aug 27 thru to the end of January. Remember, "dates posted on 3rd party sites are not valid and will not be honored" so it would be useless to post the dates here. I'm sure we're all getting the same email with the same dates.

allgrownup, if you're sure you subscribed to the emails and checked your junk folder, etc and are still not getting the emails, I would call.

Just got a Super Family email with dates going thru to the end of January. Remember, "dates posted on 3rd party sites are not valid and will not be honored" so it would be useless to post the dates here. I'm sure we're all getting the same email with the same dates.

Got that one minutes ago, just posted a new thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter