HobNobbing with Nobby (A Gnome's 1st Trip to the World) FINAL Upt: 9/23 (P.48)

What a perfect day!

GREAT planning!

Aww thanks!! I really enjoyed this day!!!
aawesome update!! What a great day. Pedi and massage after KTTK was a stroke of brillience! I should have done that... I could have used it;)

C and LL and others.... yes KTTK should be mandatory for DISers like us!! Tatally worth it! And C there are 3 times... so you don't HAVE to get up at the crack of dawn:rolleyes1

The stepsisters are a hoot! I love that Anastasia had a thing for Nobby
I agree though... the food there was blah. Breakfast there was AMAZING though:thumbsup2

yay for DIS meets!! I need a spreadsheet to figure out who all we will get to meet in Sept... but I can't wait to meet everyone!!:yay:

Paula

I know the list keeps getting longer and longer of who we will be meeting and when LOL!!!

The stepsisters were just a hoot and I really enjoyed the interaction with Nobby!!

KTTK tour is fabulous I would highly recommend it!!

What another great update! I am so happy you have this TR rolling again. I think you day sounds fantastic. KTTK tour, characters, GF, a spa treatment, 1900 Park Fare, and a Dis meet! Way to fill up a day.

DH and I are eating at Narcoosee's in September and I am so looking forward to exploring the GF. It is one resort that I have never set foot in. Of course, I may never want to leave again!

Oh it was a beautiful resort!! I loved it...so elegant!! I don't think I will ever have the opportunity to stay there but I will always love to visit there LOL!!!

OMG, Jen, I'm in update heaven!

First of all, this day was AWESOME!!!! You seriously know how to solo travel. And you know what I love about your report? You're so happy! You're really enjoying yourself, whether it's trying new things, or old favorites, and it's just a pleasure to read.

I don't even know where to start. I'm glad you wrote about the tour. I've thought of doing it but never had. Something to consider.

I've always wanted to try CHH, so I'm glad to hear you liked your lunch there. And don't feel bad about the Dole Whip float. It's definitely an acquired taste. I know my mom looks both, but if she's feeling like something less sweet, she'll just get the ice cream, and not the float, so I could totally see that. For me, I find the pineapple juice to be so refreshing on a hot day (and if it wasn't hot then, it wouldn't have had the same effect, you know?).

Glad you snuck in some characters on your way out! And oh, heaven! I love the pictures of the GF! It's my mothership. Did you know that? It calls to me. :cloud9:

I love the spa, too...again, something I haven't done in years. Maybe I should get a brochure...hmm...

Glad you had a nice dinner at 1900 Park Fare! And lots of fun with those stepsisters, huh? I love it when the characters are so interactive. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much!! I really enjoyed this day a lot and this trip a lot!! There was a lot to be happy about!!! I really like to look at life with a glass half full attitude!!!!!

The spa was amazing if you find some time you should definitely go...well worth it!!!

Oh yes, Daisy is quite the lady. That's why I love her! She also wears pink shoes, which makes her my favorite 'fur' girl.

I went and had a pedi with my girlfriends today. It certainly wasn't the Grand Floridian, but it was still so nice.

You and Kim are so precious! Wish I could have been there, too.

I wish you could have been there too!! I really can't wait for the day I get to meet you!!

Daisy does have fabulous shoes doesn't she!!

I have decided to get a pedicure before I go and while I go...going to treat my feet right LOL

Jen, what a great update to enjoy during my Friday night DIS time! The Keys to the Kingdom Tour sounds fantastic!!! One day I would love to do it! Then, you had a relaxing day at the spa, followed by dinner at the Grand Floridian, and then a DIS meet! You just didn't stop! :thumbsup2

I didn't stop! This day was so jammed back it was great!! The best part I never felt rushed until the end when I thought I might be late to meet up with Kim!! Other than that it was a great day!!

Jen, your updates are a hoot. Let Nobby know I'll be a member of his fan club should he ever decide to form one, and thanks for making me laugh! :laughing:

Nobby says I need to get on making membership cards LOL!! He's a great gnome and would be lucky to have you as a member LOL!!!!

Jen,

what a perfectly wonderful day...:cloud9:

I did the family magic tour with my family and it was awesome-I'd love to try to Keys tour sometime...

Not to get personal but I have a question about Noddy. Is he your typical garden gnome-not that there is anything typical about him-his star power shine through but he seems a little more vertically challenged than the gnomes I've seen in gardens-Is he a smaller kind of garden gnome? (It seems like it would be difficult to carry him around if he were traditionally sized...)

sigh...I wish I had a Noddy...I wonder if he has any family members seeking adoption...:confused3

Actually Nobby might be related to the travelocity gnome LOL, he is smaller only about 8 inches tall and is quite light...if you go to the travelocity site you might be able to find some of Nobby's relatives around there!!!

what a great day you had! I'm jealous! I too loved being a single person on the KTTK tour so I got to sit with the guide! You just get a little more out of it which is cool! And it sounds like you had a great time at the spa and dinner too! I love the stepsisters! And so great you got to meet another disser! What a fab day! :)

It was an amazing day!!!! Being the single person on the KTTK was so much fun!! I loved getting to know Matthew our tour guide!!

No... I'm not quite on my trip yet. I was hoping to get this TR done before I left on Wednesday, but I don't think it will happen.

YOU LEAVE in 2 DAYS!!! Have a great trip!!!!

Hey Jenny! :goodvibes

We arrived home from our trip just tonite! We had a great time! The girls were sooo happy to see us! WOW!!! Holy Updates Batman! :thumbsup2 LOVE IT!!! :love: It is so cool to hear all about the other stuff you did on that trip! ;) You and I have some of the same pictures! Too funny! :) Love the pics of you and all the characters! AWESOME!!! Lookin' forward to the rest of it! :hug:

Aww I'm glad you guys had a great time!! I bet the girls were glad to see you!!!

Hi Jen! Just wanted to let you know I'm still here and I'm still reading. I love all of your recent updates!

Aww thanks Meghan!! I can't wait to hear about your new trip to the World!!!

What a great day! Talk about relaxing. :goodvibes The KTTK tour sounds amazing. Maybe one day... :rolleyes: A massage sounds heavenly right now. I bet having one at the GF was even better than a normal massage! How wonderful. I've never been to Goofy's Candy Co. but it's in the plans for our first day in Sept! Can't wait!! :woohoo: Great, great update! :thumbsup2

Never been to Goofy's you have to remedy this ASAP!!! Oh Goofy's is so wonderful!!!! Massage at GF was like a piece of heaven!!!!

I found your TR a few days ago and I've just caught up on reading it. I'm usually not much of a poster, but I had to comment and tell you how fun your TR is, and how much I've enjoyed reading it.

:banana::banana:WELCOME WELCOME!!!:banana::banana:

Aww thanks!! I'm so glad you decided to post!!!!!

Wow! What a day! And such an awesome one!

The KTTK tour sounds so great. I would really like to do this at some point, I think DH would enjoy it as well. Maybe we could sneak it in during our December trip while we have the In-Laws for built in baby sitters. Hmmmm...

I LOVE that you went to the spa! AHHHH! Another thing I hope to do at Disney someday. Love me a pedi. :lovestruc

Wow! What a day! And such an awesome one!

The KTTK tour sounds so great. I would really like to do this at some point, I think DH would enjoy it as well. Maybe we could sneak it in during our December trip while we have the In-Laws for built in baby sitters. Hmmmm...

I LOVE that you went to the spa! AHHHH! Another thing I hope to do at Disney someday. Love me a pedi. :lovestruc

You should definitely go on the tour if you ever get the oppportunity, you will not regret it one bit!!!!!!

Awww the spa I can't wait to go back!!! I really really had a great pedicure there and my CM who did the pedi was such a blast to talk to!

I just started reading your TR. I'm reading backwards so I just read about your amazing day with the keys to the kingdom tour, the spa and the Grand Floridian dinner. What an awesome day. Someday in my fantasy life I'll have a day like that:goodvibes Actually my fantasy life would be thrilled with just the spa part:cloud9: You sure know how to travel:goodvibes

I am finally all caught up! I would love to do the KTTK tour, just to brush up on my history. I was a CM (college program) in '97 so I know little secrets that I love to share with my DH as we are walking around. :)

I told you I'd be over. I love you TR so far!! Ooo I love the HM, can I explore the attic with you?! That Nobby is one crazy gnome!! Can't wait to hear more!! That is so sweet that you spent time with the girl from your youth group, I bet she really appreciated it.

I just started reading your TR. I'm reading backwards so I just read about your amazing day with the keys to the kingdom tour, the spa and the Grand Floridian dinner. What an awesome day. Someday in my fantasy life I'll have a day like that:goodvibes Actually my fantasy life would be thrilled with just the spa part:cloud9: You sure know how to travel:goodvibes

It was an amazing day...I try to have one day per big trip where it seems more relaxing and a spa day was perfect!!!

I am finally all caught up! I would love to do the KTTK tour, just to brush up on my history. I was a CM (college program) in '97 so I know little secrets that I love to share with my DH as we are walking around. :)

That would be so awesome!! I would love to walk around with you and have you share your secrets with me LOL!

I told you I'd be over. I love you TR so far!! Ooo I love the HM, can I explore the attic with you?! That Nobby is one crazy gnome!! Can't wait to hear more!! That is so sweet that you spent time with the girl from your youth group, I bet she really appreciated it.

YAY Welcome!!!!! You and I can explore that attic anytime you want!! I love Nobby he is so awesome I can't wait to see him again LOL!!!!

Goofy's is FOR SURE on the map for our first day! :thumbsup2 What's your fav?

I'm in love with their pretzel rods and marshmallow make your owns!! I usually dip them in milk chocolate and cover with peanuts and then drizzle with caramel it is so yummy!!!

I'm in love with their pretzel rods and marshmallow make your owns!! I usually dip them in milk chocolate and cover with peanuts and then drizzle with caramel it is so yummy!!!

My eyes just glazed over and I totally just drooled all over my keyboard. That sounds incredible!

That would be so awesome!! I would love to walk around with you and have you share your secrets with me LOL!

See, you appreciate all my knowledge! He just shakes his head and nods. :laughing: I could show you all the super secret CM entrances/exits we use after park close or on the sly. :laughing:

My eyes just glazed over and I totally just drooled all over my keyboard. That sounds incredible!

And to think I'm on a diet right now ...ugh what I would do for those pretzels right now LOL!!!!! So yummy!!

Sorry for the delay again guys!! We are on vacation and its really hard to do a good TR report while away...as soon as I return home this will be updated ASAP LOL!!! Thanks for being patient with me LOL!!!

YUMMY!!!! :scared1: That sounds incredible!!! Michael is in LOVE with marshmallows...so I'm sure he'll just die when he finds out he can have them covered in yumminess! :thumbsup2

Sorry for the delay again guys!! We are on vacation and its really hard to do a good TR report while away...as soon as I return home this will be updated ASAP LOL!!! Thanks for being patient with me LOL!!!

No worries! Enjoy your vacation! :)

Enjoy your vacation but when you come home more trippie please-popcorn:: (I kinda got addicted to your TR...:confused3

Also so sorry I realized I called poor Nobby-Noddy...bad me...:sad2:

Hey Jen, is this thing on hiatus? I know you've been working on the Chat room PTR, but I need to know how this trip ended! I need more Nobby!!
(That sounded somewhat naughty and odd).
Good luck with the new school year by the way. Our kids don't start until the day after Labor Day (State law) and it's SO late this year. I wish they started the week before this year. I'm ready for them to go back! LOL.

Jen I believe is fairly busy with 2 trips in the works and the start of school just around the corner but I can give you a little Nobby!! He is currently visiting my house and mostly keeping out of trouble

b-5.jpg

c-2.jpg

Thank you for my Nobby fix!
I have been following Jen on her PTR for her next trip, so I know she's working on that plus getting ready for school to start, so I know she's juggling a lot. I just want to know how the rest of this trip went! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter