• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HobNobbing with Nobby (A Gnome's 1st Trip to the World) FINAL Upt: 9/23 (P.48)

What a day Jen! You did SO good on your first TSM ride! 64% accuracy, that's amazing!! Love all Nobby's interactions on this day, I certainly can't wait to see that little gnome again!

Thanks...I hope to get even better with all the practice I hope to get this fall trip LOL!!! I have heard Nobby is on his way to me...that makes me so happy!! I can't wait to see him!!

Leave it to me to catch up once you get to the end....I won't even attempt an excuse as to why this is the first time I have posted here.

image224.jpg

This is the BEST picture.....you can see how happy you are there!

I have to agree Heidi...that picture is one of my faves!!!

What a wonderful day at DHS! Reading your updates really really makes me want to be at Disney RIGHT NOW. :laughing: I feel some planning coming on. :rolleyes1

I love that Prince Caspian liked Nobby! :laughing:

Nobby really enjoyed Caspian too...he really made Nobby feel special!!!! I can't wait for us to introduce Nobby to some characters in January!!

What a great update Jen! TSMM is such an awesome ride. I heard that the TSMM game for the Wii is coming out next month! We just ordered a Wii the other day, so we might have to get the TSMM game for Madison's birthday in October.

After reading a lot of TR's lately, I think I need to venture back to 50's Prime Time. I love the looks of Steph's chicken!

I think you will love PTC if you go!! THe food was amazing and the milkshakes are to die for...so good!!!!

Hey Jen! Your update was fantastic! :thumbsup2 It looks like you, Nobby and Steph had a very, very fun day at DHS! That is so neat that she and her family were there at the same time. What a perfect way to end the day--Prince Caspain sounded like he was a lot of fun--it's so awesome that everyone is so "in character". :goodvibes YAY for getting into MK early--can't wait to hear all about it! But I must say I'm sad this TR is coming to a close...but you'll have another before long!! :thumbsup2

I hope to finish it on Monday when I have the day off! I really enjoyed having Steph as company on this trip!! Really broke up the lonliness of the trip at times!!!

What a great day! I love all your pictures and you got in a lot of great attractions.

I was laughing at your gloves in the MK pictures. :laughing:

Can't wait to hear about CP and see empty Main Street pictures. :goodvibes:

I'm going to upload those tonight!! I'm sure you will love my pics!!!!

Fun day! Great update!

It was a fun day THANK!!

Jen -

I had NO idea you updated this trip report and then.....just like magic.....I stumbled upon it.

What an awesome HS day you had with Steph and Nobby. You got to do so much. Wow. Lunch sounded pretty yummy. Did uncle have some fun with Nobby or was Nobby so shy that he hid with his friends?

I think you saw just about every attraction and got to ride TSM twice. Way to go! You pictures of the stunt show are very good. Hmmmmm, might have to make room to see that.

Jen -

I had NO idea you updated this trip report and then.....just like magic.....I stumbled upon it.

What an awesome HS day you had with Steph and Nobby. You got to do so much. Wow. Lunch sounded pretty yummy. Did uncle have some fun with Nobby or was Nobby so shy that he hid with his friends?

I think you saw just about every attraction and got to ride TSM twice. Way to go! You pictures of the stunt show are very good. Hmmmmm, might have to make room to see that.

YAY!! I only have one more update and it will be getting up this week!! I didn't even get home yesterday until late late late so I wasn't able to update!!!

I had an amazing day at DHS and that is why it is one of my favorite parks...it was just a great day filled with great memories!!!

The stunt show was really awesome! I think you should make room for it in the future!!

What a great day full of magic!!! :yay: I love the interaction with Prince Caspian. Hilarious!!!! :lmao:

Holy cows. That's a LOTTA fried chicken! Looks super yummy though!

IT was a great interaction...I loved it!!!

Yes that is a lot of food...we probably could have split it!! Steph was kind enough to share her greens with me, I really had my eyes on them!!!

well my contacts are dry and my eyes are tired and no it's not from getting done all the paperwork I REALLY need to get done- it's from catching up on all of your grand adventures with Nobby! Do you realize how hard it is to not LOL while reading your updates! It was worth the risk of waking 5 napping children! :goodvibes

2 things stand out-

1. Thanks for getting that stinking song from Carousel of Progress stuck in my brain. Sorry but it's not one of my faves. I'm more of a Small World fan.:scared1:

2. I have never looked so closely into the details and history of Haunted Mansion. I'm going to have to look into the history and I can't wait to ride it again and pay close attention this time. I think that was my favorite update!

This is a great TR!! I can't believe I read the whole thing in one sitting (I know crazy on a Sat. night none the less:scared1:). My next trip can not get here soon enough (Oct.) so I am living vicariously through TRs. I am going on my 3rd solo trip in Dec., I love going at least once a year on my own and just doing the "I haven't done" or "No one in my family really wants to" shows and rides. I am so glad you had a great time and aren't friends wonderful. They fill in the gaps where our men folk sometimes just don't seem to get "it". My friends and sister trips are some of the best times I've had at Disney. You girls (and Nobby) are going to have a great time! I am anxiously awaiting the wrap up.

PS checking out you PTR

well my contacts are dry and my eyes are tired and no it's not from getting done all the paperwork I REALLY need to get done- it's from catching up on all of your grand adventures with Nobby! Do you realize how hard it is to not LOL while reading your updates! It was worth the risk of waking 5 napping children! :goodvibes

2 things stand out-

1. Thanks for getting that stinking song from Carousel of Progress stuck in my brain. Sorry but it's not one of my faves. I'm more of a Small World fan.:scared1:

2. I have never looked so closely into the details and history of Haunted Mansion. I'm going to have to look into the history and I can't wait to ride it again and pay close attention this time. I think that was my favorite update!

Awww...thanks for coming by and reading!!! I love me some Haunted Mansion there is no doubt about that!!!!!

UGGH...I will take COP any day over IASW...that song gets stuck in my head whether I want it to or not LOL!!!!

This is a great TR!! I can't believe I read the whole thing in one sitting (I know crazy on a Sat. night none the less:scared1:). My next trip can not get here soon enough (Oct.) so I am living vicariously through TRs. I am going on my 3rd solo trip in Dec., I love going at least once a year on my own and just doing the "I haven't done" or "No one in my family really wants to" shows and rides. I am so glad you had a great time and aren't friends wonderful. They fill in the gaps where our men folk sometimes just don't seem to get "it". My friends and sister trips are some of the best times I've had at Disney. You girls (and Nobby) are going to have a great time! I am anxiously awaiting the wrap up.

PS checking out you PTR

Awww thank you so much!! I'm hoping to finish it before my next trip LOL At least that was my goal the whole time LOL..I think LOL!!!! You are also going in Oct...when????? I hope you have a great time!!!! I loved my solo trip...it was fantastic!!!

Will you be doing a PTR/TR?? I would love to come over and join!!!!!!!

Dang! I thought maybe there was an update. Aren't we near the end?
I know you're super busy getting ready for yet another trip (I'm following on that PTR too!). I wish I were going now!! It's going by so fast though. I'm not nearly organized enough to go yet.

Dang! I thought maybe there was an update. Aren't we near the end?
I know you're super busy getting ready for yet another trip (I'm following on that PTR too!). I wish I were going now!! It's going by so fast though. I'm not nearly organized enough to go yet.

I'm trying Sheree I'm trying LOL :rotfl: Yes we are almost done and it will be finished before I go!! RIght now if I could just get my grades done and entered into the computer I could focus on my TR and get this puppy wrapped up for you guys LOL!

The Final Chapter!!

Well it has finally arrived; yes that’s right folks the very last day of my January very Magical solo trip!!!! I would first like to apologize for this taking so long to finish it just seemed like life would get in the way at times. I would like to make you a promise though, if you decide its worth coming and joining me on my next trip report, it will not take 9 months to finish LOL, Paula will make sure of that!! I am making it my goal to be more prompt with my updates and I am saying this in print so you can hold me accountable LOL!!!!!

So without further ado…our final Disney day, Nobby and I woke up early on this day. IT was a mix of emotions that we felt that morning. I was sad that my very magical and oh so wonderful trip was coming to end, but I was also missing Prince P and felt ready to head home. Well there wasn’t much time to dwell on those thoughts, I had a before park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace to get to. Nobby and I had packed up most of our stuff the night before so after getting ready, we packed up the car and headed over to the Magic Kingdom.

Nobby and I decided to ride the monorail for the last time over to MK and we quickly made our way through security. We then checked in and before we knew it we were walking down a very empty Main Street!! It was glorious! Nobby and I took our time walking towards the castle just enjoying the beauty that is Main Street! Nobby and I even had time to stop and take a couple of photopass pictures before continuing on our way to the Crystal Palace.

DSCF2133.jpg

DSCF2142.jpg

DSCF2143-1.jpg

Check-in was a breeze and soon I was given directions on how to proceed through the buffet by my server and had ordered chocolate milk for Nobby and I to share.

DSCF2164.jpg

Following a tip I had received here on the DIS I also made sure to ask for my check and take care of my bill early in the meal. I then headed up to the buffet (I have decided on this trip I’m taking photos of the buffet this time around LOL for my foodie loving DIS readers). I loaded up my plate with typical breakfast fare and made sure to stop and get the puffed French toast which was amazing!!

DSCF2149.jpg

Nobby and I both really enjoyed the French toast. Shortly after we started to eat the characters came by! I have to give major kudos to the character interactions at the Crystal Palace, they were so much fun to meet! Here are a few photos….

DSCF2151.jpg

DSCF2152.jpg

DSCF2154.jpg

I think our favorite was Piglet who really took a liking to Nobby. Although Piglet wasn’t too amused with the amount of bacon on my plate and let me know it LOL!!!! Soon our meal had come to an end and it was time for us to head to Fantasyland! I wanted to make sure to ride Peter Pan before the lines there got horrendously long.

Waiting for us at the Fantasyland rope drop was the Fairy Godmother herself. She was as sweet as could be. When the rope dropped I quickly went over and had a photo taken of the two of us.

DSCF2187.jpg

Fantasyland was completely empty at this time of the morning.

DSCF2190.jpg

And the wait at Peter Pan was non-existent.

DSCF2194.jpg

Nobby and I really enjoy the little London scene of the ride, it is our happy moment for the Peter Pan ride! Having crossed off riding Peter Pan for this trip it was time to go wait for rope drop at Toon Town in order to meet some special fairies. On the way we stopped to admire the Mad Tea Party.

DSCF2205.jpg

I’m all for watching this ride, but not riding it! I’m not a huge fan of anything that spins in a circle! However I am a huge fan of the dormouse and attempted to get the best shot of him coming out of the teapot as I could.

DSCF2214.jpg

Now it was time to head to Pixie Hollow! I being the well informed DISer, knew I had better make sure Nobby and I were in line and ready to go a little before rope drop at Toon Town. So we headed that way to wait for the rope to drop. Well sprinkle some pixie dust on us because Nobby and I were the first people to meet the fairies that day!!!!

DSCF2218.jpg

DSCF2219.jpg

DSCF2220.jpg

Funny enough I never remember any of the fairies being curious about how Nobby and I met LOL!!!! The 3 fairies we were able to meet that day were Iridessa, Tink, and Rosetta. Of the 3, Rosetta was by far my favorite, she was a true southern belle. She reminded me of my dear friend BellaSoliel. I made sure to pass on a very special message to Tinkerbell and then Nobby and I were off to explore the houses of mousse LOL!!!

Our first stop was Mickey’s house!! I just love what he has done to the place. Here are a few of our favorite pictures from our tour of his home.

DSCF2237.jpg

DSCF2242.jpg

DSCF2243.jpg

Awww Mickey and Prince P would get along fabulously if they went fishing together LOL!!

DSCF2248.jpg

DSCF2259.jpg

I’d really love to have a pumpkin like that to be able to set in my front yard during the autumn season!!!

Then it was off to Minnie’s house!! I remember taking a photo of her to-do list!! Right now I’m really wishing that my to-do list looked like hers. The best part of Minnie’s house to me are the plants…they are a hoot!!! Here are some of our favorite photos from Minnie’s house.

DSCF2278.jpg

DSCF2288.jpg

DSCF2297.jpg

Continued in Next Post

After taking the time to explore a little longer Nobby and I decided to hit up Tomorrowland and then grab lunch and head home!!! By this time we were both missing Prince P pretty fiercely…okay maybe not Nobby as much as me LOL!! As we were taking the long route to Tomorrowland out of the corner of our eye we spotted two very wonderful people and Nobby insisted that we stop and say hello!!
DSCF2300.jpg

The Mad Hatter was such a hoot!! I made sure to tell him my friend Katie said hello!! Well he asked how could she say hello when she wasn’t here! I told him I had just gotten off the phone with her and then he went on to ask a few questions about my cell phone, it was so much fun!!!

Then Nobby being the prim Donna that he is, insisted on Castle shots!!! I think this one is my fave of him and my fave castle picture from this trip.

DSCF2306.jpg

DSCF2309-1.jpg

We only had two stops to make in Tomorrowland! I had been dying to see the Laugh Floor!!

DSCF2316.jpg

I know it’s cheesy, but I laugh each time and anything that can make me laugh is worth seeing in my book!! I actually got brave and texted a joke while Nobby and I waited to see the show. We hoped our joke would be chosen, but we’d have to wait and see.

DSCF2319.jpg

DSCF2320.jpg

The show was great and what made it even better was our joke was chosen!! WOOT!! Would you like to hear it???? Why is Cinderella so horrible at playing soccer???? Because she is always running away from the ball!! LOL!!! I know I laughed too, its okay to admit it; it’s a great joke LOL!!!

After the Laugh Floor, Nobby insisted we ride TTA and I happily obliged! This is a great ride and I can’t wait until I can ride it again this weekend! I’m so glad it’s back up and running WOOT!!

DSCF2331.jpg

DSCF2338.jpg

DSCF2342.jpg

DSCF2350.jpg

By this time it was getting pretty close to lunchtime and Nobby and I wanted to make sure we got a bite to eat before leaving so wouldn’t have to stop on the road so soon on the way home. Nobby and I had a brief discussion and then played rock, paper, scissor (he always wins with the rock…you’d think I would catch on LOL) and headed over to Nobby’s choice of Casey’s. On our way over we saw the most amazing villain of all time in all her glory.

DSCF2356.jpg

Someone else I’m hoping to meet in a week’s time LOL!!! If I meet no other villains I want to make sure I meet Maleficent she is the most evil of them all!!

Soon we were at Casey’s!!

DSCF2387.jpg

DSCF2388.jpg

I had yet to discover the wonderful yumminess that is corn dog nuggets, so I just had the hot dog meal and it was really yummy!!!

DSCF2389.jpg

We sat down and watch some cartoons while we ate!!! Then it was time to head home!!! Nobby and I walked down Main Street for the last time of the trip and made sure to say a special thank you to Walt.

DSCF2418.jpg

Then we waved and said See You Real Soon!!!

DSCF2419.jpg

There you have it guys!! My most magical and wonderful solo trip…9 months in the making!! I guess I can consider this like my baby LOL!! Paula very nicely put it that I could have had a child in the time it took me to write this trip report!!! I had some great memories of this trip and it completely reinforced all the wonderful things I love about Disney!! Would I go solo again?? In a heartbeat, but I really enjoy going with friends!! For those of you who stayed with me the whole time THANK YOU!! You guys were the best readers and I hope to hear more from you soon!!! I will definitely let you know where you can find more of Nobby and I’s adventures!!!!!

Great job jen!!

u R a DIS-board star with your fantastic TRs!! I guess I shouldn't prod too much... because perfection does require timeand patience!!:worship:

I'm so happy for you that you got it done:thumbsup2

I love the pics of Nobby (and u too!) in these posts...too too cute!

P

Great last update, Jen!!! I would be so sad this is over if you weren't headed back there in a day!!!

I just adore the picture of you, Nobby, Alice, and the Mad Hatter! Too cute!

Thank you for the fabulous start to my day.... a little Nobby fix. :cloud9:

Have a wonderful trip Jen and I look forward to your upcoming TR!

DSCF2300.jpg

The Mad Hatter was such a hoot!! I made sure to tell him my friend Katie said hello!! Well he asked how could she say hello when she wasn’t here! I told him I had just gotten off the phone with her and then he went on to ask a few questions about my cell phone, it was so much fun!!!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Why is Cinderella so horrible at playing soccer???? Because she is always running away from the ball!! LOL!!! I know I laughed too, its okay to admit it; it’s a great joke LOL!!!

Here's another along those lines for next time:
Why is Cinderella so bad at baseball?
Because she has a pumpkin for a coach!

Thanks for sharing your trip. The nice thing about stretching it out is that we don't have to wait long for the start of the next one :)

Great job jen!!

u R a DIS-board star with your fantastic TRs!! I guess I shouldn't prod too much... because perfection does require timeand patience!!:worship:

I'm so happy for you that you got it done:thumbsup2

I love the pics of Nobby (and u too!) in these posts...too too cute!

P

Thanks P!!!! Oh I don't know if I'm a star....but I do love to write my updates! However I do need you keep me timely!!! Our TR is not going take 9 months LOL!!!!

Great last update, Jen!!! I would be so sad this is over if you weren't headed back there in a day!!!

I just adore the picture of you, Nobby, Alice, and the Mad Hatter! Too cute!

This was my plan the whole time...to drag this one out as long as I could until my next one LOL...it was my great plan and now its been discovered! :rotfl:

Awww thanks Jackie!!!! I really loved my time with the Mad Hatter he was hilarious!!!!

Thank you for the fabulous start to my day.... a little Nobby fix. :cloud9:

Have a wonderful trip Jen and I look forward to your upcoming TR!

Awww Thanks!!! I love me and Nobby's adventures and I'm looking forward to our next one...oh man it is only a day away isn't it LOL!!!

Awww it's over, what a great ending.... I hadn't realized your next trip was coming up so soon. Lucky girl.

So seeing how empty fantasyland was, would you recommend dining at Crystal Palace early with two kids under 5? I had thought about it, but was going to do dinner there, but if we can get on a lot of rides that otherwise take so long, I think I would do it in a heartbeat.

I am SHOCKED you did not ride Haunted Mansion on your last day! ;) :scared1:

You met some great characters on your last morning, truly magical!

I really missed not riding TTA in May. It's become a WDW tradition for me.

Awesome Cinderella joke! I'm going to have to tell Marc that when he gets home! :rotfl:

Awww it's over, what a great ending.... I hadn't realized your next trip was coming up so soon. Lucky girl.

So seeing how empty fantasyland was, would you recommend dining at Crystal Palace early with two kids under 5? I had thought about it, but was going to do dinner there, but if we can get on a lot of rides that otherwise take so long, I think I would do it in a heartbeat.

I would definitely go in the morning before park opening...shoot for that 8:05am ressie!! You can pay up front and then head out when you are ready!! There was no one in Fantasyland and I was able to ride the one ride I really had wanted to, but I imagine you could hit up all of Fantasyland in no time that early in the morning!!!

I am SHOCKED you did not ride Haunted Mansion on your last day! ;) :scared1:

You met some great characters on your last morning, truly magical!

I really missed not riding TTA in May. It's become a WDW tradition for me.

Awesome Cinderella joke! I'm going to have to tell Marc that when he gets home! :rotfl:

I know it shocked me too, but I just had a very small to do list and I was really missing Prince P and was ready to go home!! I loved my solo time at Disney, I really did, but by the end of 8 days I was ready to see my hubby!!!

I know I missed TTA in May too...I can't wait to ride it on Sunday WOOT!!!!

Yup I love that joke, although I'm thinking I need to send in Katie's this next time and go for 2 out of 2...if not I better start researching some great Disney jokes LOL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter