HobNobbing with Nobby (A Gnome's 1st Trip to the World) FINAL Upt: 9/23 (P.48)

Jen -

I am ALL caught up on Day 1. Wow - Are you sure you just finished day 1???? What a great report so far.

I am also very excited for your future trips - on with LL and one with Paula and Christine. So much for you to look forward to. pixiedust: I wish I could drive to Disney. I would be there every 3 months! Wait - that's about how often you are going this year!

Hope your mom has a speedy recovery!

Jen -

I am ALL caught up on Day 1. Wow - Are you sure you just finished day 1???? What a great report so far.

I am also very excited for your future trips - on with LL and one with Paula and Christine. So much for you to look forward to. pixiedust: I wish I could drive to Disney. I would be there every 3 months! Wait - that's about how often you are going this year!

Hope your mom has a speedy recovery!

Awww MEK!!! Thanks for stopping by!! I know how has it been that I have been down here for almost three years and I have only been twice...it is time to rectify that ASAP LOL!!! Especially since we are moving LOL OTTV!!!!

Chapter 8: Breakfast with Mickey and the Crew

Day 2: Early Morning

It’s Saturday, another week has gone by!! I hope you all had a good week or at least a good ending to your week. Last night I headed out to go make Valentine’s Day cards and today I have a baby shower so I needed to make sure I got this update up for you guys. I hope C will forgive me being a few hours late on my promise to have this up by Friday at midnight LOL!! I didn’t get home as early as I hoped from making my cards, but it is up bright and early Saturday morning. So let’s begin Day 2 of Nobby and I’s special Disney adventures.

Sweet dreams and a good night’s sleep were exactly what Nobby and I needed and that is exactly what we got. The next morning we had a very early wake-up call because we had a very important date with Mickey Mouse. If you read my PTR you know that I decided to do quite a few character meals. I had two reasons for this, 1) in all my trips to Disney prior to this I had only meant a grand total of 4 characters and that just wasn’t going to cut it this trip and 2) I wanted to avoid long lines for character greets if possible, if I had already met the character and I didn’t want to say hi again I didn’t have to if the wait for them was a gazillion hours long. So we did a couple of early character breakfast meals, you see Nobby and I are both morning people, we both really enjoyed getting up taking our time to get ready and still have time to be at the park’s before opening. We are definitely rope drop people Nobby and I!!! So after a shower and getting ready, Nobby and I called for a cab! Wait a minute…did you say a cab?? Don’t you have a rental car with you…why yes I do, however the logistics of this day were going to be the end of me so I decided it would just be easier to take a cab to the Contemporary. Trying to figure out how I was going to park at the TTC, get on a monorail, and get to the Contemporary by 7:10 in the morning was giving me a headache. So I called a taxi LOL!! The taxi driver was very courteous and in no time we were checking in at Chef Mickey’s. Check-In was fairly stress free; I received my buzzer and was told I could have my picture taken which I did with my own camera. The very nice CM photographer told me not to bother with their photo it wouldn’t be worth it for one person LOL!

DSCF0379-1.jpg

Our wait to get a seat took only about five minutes. At this point the restaurant was fairly empty, of course it wouldn’t stay this way.

DSCF0381.jpg

Nobby immediately wanted to have a cup of coffee.

DSCF0382.jpg

However, I may enjoy an early morning but a gnome hyped up on caffeine before 8 am was not in my plans so I ordered Nobby a glass of orange juice instead and promised him we would share a soda later on in the day. Thank goodness this gnome is a compromiser or we would have had a lot of issues LOL! Our server was Jonathan and he more than happily explained how the buffet would work, what characters would come, and agreed to help Nobby and I out with pictures when the characters came out. Then he told me I could go help myself to the food. I love breakfast food and I had heard some great things about this buffet and I was really looking forward to the breakfast pizza and the potatoes.

DSCF0385.jpg

So I grabbed some bacon, breakfast potatoes, three cheese omelet, a slice of breakfast pizza, tater tots, and of course a Mickey Waffle. The food was warm, fresh, and really really good. My favorite item was the breakfast pizza; Nobby really enjoyed the tater tots LOL! At this time the characters began to arrive, Nobby and I were both very excited.

First was Goofy

DSCF0387.jpg

Along came Mickey, now Mickey was a hoot!! Mickey immediately noticed I was wearing a shirt with him on it and wanted a closer look at it! I explained to Mickey that a friend had made it for me and that it was of two of my favorite things him and the Haunted Mansion. I told Mickey he and I were going to go ride the ride together many times today. He acted frightened but I told him the ghosts were all friendly and that I would protect him. He then gave me a great big hug!! It was awesome!! Paula’s design totally got a shout out by the “Big Cheese” himself LOL!

DSCF0390.jpg

Next came Donald, he was funny! He got upset because I had Mickey on my shirt and not him LOL!!! To smooth things over I asked him how Daisy was this morning and he told me she was still sleeping. Apparently Daisy is not a morning duck LOL!!!

DSCF0394.jpg

(Side Note: Yes I’m wearing layers, it was so cold that morning BRRRRRRRR)

Then Minnie came along. She is such a gorgeous mouse! She and I discussed Mickey and the weather…she was a bit cold too. I don’t blame her that dress has no protection against the wind at all.

DSCF0401-1.jpg

At this point it was time for the famous twirling napkin dance. So everyone grabbed their napkins, well not everyone I actually grabbed my camera, but Nobby totally represented our table with a twirling napkin. And we watched as the kids and the characters twirled, twirled, and twirled some more

DSCF0398-1.jpg

After napkin twirling I decided to get another plate of food, however this time I wanted to go for lighter fare. I didn’t want to stuff me and Nobby silly because we had a very special date for a late lunch with a famous Hollywood restaurant at DHS. So I just grabbed us some fruit and a hardboiled egg.

DSCF0384.jpg

We were only waiting for one more character to come by, Mickey’s faithful friend, Pluto. Pluto was a hoot he danced with me and really enjoyed it when I scratched behind his ears. He was a very sweet fellow.

DSCF0403-1.jpg

Then breakfast was done. Nobby and I were both full on good food and merry with excitement from the characters. Chef Mickey’s was a wonderful experience for the both of us. We quickly settled our bill and decided to head to the Magic Kingdom. It was about 8:15ish and that would get us to the park with enough time to find a great spot for the opening show and time to make our plans for what attractions we wanted to make sure we rode first thing in the morning. So how would we be getting to the Magic Kingdom well by monorail of course LOL!!! Nobby was beyond thrilled, see if he can get all kinds of excited about riding the monorail for the first time, it was a good thing I didn’t give him that coffee. He was already all jittery about riding this amazing transportation tool LOL!!!

So does Nobby really enjoy his first Monorail ride? IS there heat in these things? Does the monorail really have its own smell? Is it possible to take a good photo from a moving vehicle?? Well you guessed it, find out next time LOL!!!! Have a great and happy Saturday from me and Nobby!!!

yay an early morning update!!!

I'm so glad I got up early to check in before taking A to the gym this morning:goodvibes

Your shirt came out really good!! I'm so excited that mickey liked it too:thumbsup2

Paula

A Saturday morning update! Hurray! I am a morning person, too, Jen -- must be the early hours we have to keep during the school year.

That breakfast pizza looks amazing -- I wish I could have some right now.

Cool character interactions -- I love that Mickey acted scared about riding Haunted Mansion and that Donald was put out by your shirt.

Your shirt turned out really cute!! You look adorable. I have to make a mental note not to give Nobby any coffee. :rotfl2:

I love Breakfast pizza, that is one of the reasons I must go to CP again. Yummy.

How cute, that Donald was put out about your tshirt. That silly duck!

Yippee an update. No worries on the timing. I was asleep WELL before midnight!

No caffeine for Nobby in the am. Yikes- so many rules with this gnome! :laughing:

Your Paula DISign shirt looks great!!! How special that Mickey himself noticed it.

I don't like breakfast food but even I am thinking that the breakfast pizza looks yummy. :thumbsup2

Quick question on the character meal solo- did you have to ask your server to take the pics or did he volunteer?

I am looking forward to hearing about Brown Derby. How I wish I was dining there today.

yay an early morning update!!!

I'm so glad I got up early to check in before taking A to the gym this morning:goodvibes

Your shirt came out really good!! I'm so excited that mickey liked it too:thumbsup2

Paula

My shirt was fantastic and I have worn it many times since. Thank you so much for designing it for me!!

Have a great morning at the gym...and I will check in with you tonight! LOL!!

A Saturday morning update! Hurray! I am a morning person, too, Jen -- must be the early hours we have to keep during the school year.

That breakfast pizza looks amazing -- I wish I could have some right now.

Cool character interactions -- I love that Mickey acted scared about riding Haunted Mansion and that Donald was put out by your shirt.

It must be...because around 3pm I'm usually dragging until my second wind hits about 5ish LOL. I love my early mornings I feel like I can get so much done in those hours!

Breakfast pizza was so yummy...oh I loved me some of that!! I really enjoyed my character interactions here!! Great meal!

Your shirt turned out really cute!! You look adorable. I have to make a mental note not to give Nobby any coffee. :rotfl2:

I love Breakfast pizza, that is one of the reasons I must go to CP again. Yummy.

How cute, that Donald was put out about your tshirt. That silly duck!

Nobby...adult beverage...sure! Nobby...coffee...umm NO WAY! Thanks I really liked my shirt it's so unique! Mickey and the Haunted Mansion you so can't go wrong!

Yeah Donald was upset I didn't have a shirt with him on it!! Maybe next time LOL!

Yippee an update. No worries on the timing. I was asleep WELL before midnight!

No caffeine for Nobby in the am. Yikes- so many rules with this gnome! :laughing:

Your Paula DISign shirt looks great!!! How special that Mickey himself noticed it.

I don't like breakfast food but even I am thinking that the breakfast pizza looks yummy. :thumbsup2

Quick question on the character meal solo- did you have to ask your server to take the pics or did he volunteer?

I am looking forward to hearing about Brown Derby. How I wish I was dining there today.

YAY C wasn't upset with me!!!!!!

I know I should make a list of Gnome Rules...oh wait...I'm so going to do that and then send them to Paula who obviously has nothing better to do than make me Designs LOL I so owe that woman a good gift for her hard work LOL

Ummm most of my servers often volunteered but because I'm OCD I always asked and none of them ever seemed put out. However often more than not people near by would offer to take the pic when the server was away and busy! I got to meet a lot of cool people that way and then I would offer to take whole family pictures for them, it always worked out very nicely!

Jen... great report....I have been crazy busy since getting home last weekend... looks like we are just going to miss each other in May... I will be there May 16-22.....

Hi Jen,
Hope everything works out ok for your Mom.
I love your chef Mickey pics! We have eaten breakfast once there, and dinner twice. I would like to do breakfast again, but my kids like the sundae fixings.

I'm here and loving the TR! Yay! I read your PTR and I've been reading LL's PTR too! You guys will have such a wonderful weekend together with Nobby!

Not to be a downer, but make sure you reschedule that trip with your Mom! My mom was too sick to join us last year and then she passed in Aug. Fortunatly, my parents took us to WDW just about every year so I have many fond memories! I pray your Mom has a speedy recovery and is healthy enough for WDW soon!

Anyway, can't wait to read more. I have a feeling this is going to be a looooong TR....7 installments, all of the first day!! How fun!:rotfl:

Jen... great report....I have been crazy busy since getting home last weekend... looks like we are just going to miss each other in May... I will be there May 16-22.....

Are you kidding me????? OH NO!! Someday Wendy, we will be there at the same time!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your girl's trip!!!

THANK YOU so much for coming by!!!!!

Hi Jen,
Hope everything works out ok for your Mom.
I love your chef Mickey pics! We have eaten breakfast once there, and dinner twice. I would like to do breakfast again, but my kids like the sundae fixings.

Thank you so much for your well wishes towards my mom!! Chef Mickey's was really really good I would like to go back! I have heard really good things about dinner too, I bet it was really yummy!!!!!!

I'm here and loving the TR! Yay! I read your PTR and I've been reading LL's PTR too! You guys will have such a wonderful weekend together with Nobby!

Not to be a downer, but make sure you reschedule that trip with your Mom! My mom was too sick to join us last year and then she passed in Aug. Fortunatly, my parents took us to WDW just about every year so I have many fond memories! I pray your Mom has a speedy recovery and is healthy enough for WDW soon!

Anyway, can't wait to read more. I have a feeling this is going to be a looooong TR....7 installments, all of the first day!! How fun!:rotfl:

:welcome: So glad you decided to stop by!!!!! I'm really really looking forward to our weekend we are going to have so much fun!!!!

I'm making plans to surprise my mom with a trip in April and bring her with me to Gnomefest. She would love to meet the other ladies and the Flower festival is one of her favorite times to be at Disney so I'm hoping that will work itself out!!!

Yeah I know, just like in life I write way too much just like I talk way too much!!! LOL...hopefully I won't be too long between updates LOL

I can't believe I missed getting to read your update yesterday. Oh well it was nice to see it this morning... I'm just a little late I suppose. We were on a mission to find a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse backpack yesterday... and failed :sad2: . But we found one on ebay today:cheer2: . My oldest DS starts preschool Tuesday. :)

Chef Mickey's looks like so much fun, that one is on our list for sure. I have also heard good things about breakfast, but was hoping to only do dinner ADR's. Can't wait to see how Nobby's first ride on the monorail was. Seems like he was behaving this day. ;) at least so far.

I can't believe I missed getting to read your update yesterday. Oh well it was nice to see it this morning... I'm just a little late I suppose. We were on a mission to find a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse backpack yesterday... and failed :sad2: . But we found one on ebay today:cheer2: . My oldest DS starts preschool Tuesday. :)

Chef Mickey's looks like so much fun, that one is on our list for sure. I have also heard good things about breakfast, but was hoping to only do dinner ADR's. Can't wait to see how Nobby's first ride on the monorail was. Seems like he was behaving this day. ;) at least so far.

YAY for finding the backpack..awwww DS starting preschool CONGRATS!!!!

Chef Mickey's was a hoot and the food was really good too!!!! Yes Nobby was well behaved of course this was all before 9am we still have much more of the day to get through LOL

Jen - we just got home and I've been reading your TR! It's so awesome! I love the way you and Nobby are enjoying so many things! Very funny writing! (at least for a science teacher! LOL!) I'm looking forward to more!

Jen - we just got home and I've been reading your TR! It's so awesome! I love the way you and Nobby are enjoying so many things! Very funny writing! (at least for a science teacher! LOL!) I'm looking forward to more!

Awww thanks Sheree!! I'm so enjoying writing my trip report and NObby provides for good entertainment LOL!!!

Awww! How cute is that picture of you and Mickey!? And that is a great shirt! I'm glad you and Nobby enjoyed breakfast! I've never been to Chef Mickey's for breakfast but I think I'm gonna need to check it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter