Happy Birthday to Joe, May 2011. . Trip Report Link

I am sure you are super busy with pre trip prep but if you get a minute, check out my pics on my PRT. SHirts are done. Thanks so much for your help!

I am wishing you the most magical trip. I hope its all you have dreamed of and I will be awaiting news after.
I LOVED your shirts & bag!! Perfect timing cuz I was just headed over when I saw this post.

2 days for you, 3 days for me:banana::banana::banana::banana:

:banana::cool1::banana::cool1::dance3::hug:

that is what my Disney Tracker says on my desktop!!!:cool1::cool1:

Ok so its a bit of an exxageration because its really one more day that begins & ends that we are NOT in Disney World. But its only Wednesday and we don't officially begin our vacation till 3:30 on Friday when we pick Katie up at school.

If you read earlier posts, you might remember that I ordered a very cute backpack through Etsy.com.

Well after several attempts to contact the seller,:surfweb:I finally got through yesterday. Sadly the answer was that there were complications & my bag was NOT in the mail to me. :headache: AAAGGGHHH I was wrecked! What was I going to use to carry our stuff in the parks?

I really had my heart set on a fabric backpack - it would be lightweight, balanced between both shoulders, would dry quickly if we got rained on (inevitable!) and I will be able to put pins for trading on the back part of it.

SO, at 4:50 pm yesterday, knowing that I work till 5pm, and had to pick Katie up at a friend's at 6 plus figure out what to make for dinner & buy it at the store, I had to find a backpack!!! :eek:

guest what?

I did

and I saved $20 in the process!
2011-05-10%2017.41.14.jpg

SO, if you are in NE PA, head to Boscov's. This week their quilted bags (totes, purses, backpacks) are on sale for $12.99. OH BABY!:cool1::cool1:

WHEW. I ended up working till 5:15 (I hate last minute requests!), quick run into Boscov's, found the bag, paid for it, off to Giant, scored some pre seasoned shishkebobs, off to pick Katie up at a friends & home by 6:15. Oh yeah, I am THAT good! LOL :laughing::laughing:
party:
In an effort to finish straightening up and tackling the work end of my to do list, I cleaned out the fridge (threw away a bunch of stuff inthe morning to get it out for garbage pick up) after dinner clean up last night, and finished
folding the last 4 loads of laundry done on the weekend.:laundy: (Naturally by now there are 3 more loads waiting to be done but I think they will just need to wait at this point).:rotfl2:

I learned this morning that the prescription arthritis meds from my dr would cost $140:scared1::scared1: -- and that's with my insurance! so I put a big bottle of Aleve in the bag for WDW and will hope for the best!:cloud9:

I started a new to do list this morning that I can carry with me and check off. Here's what I have so far:

- coordinate key swap, etc with Sharon (yeah, she just called me DONE)
- groceries for house/dog sitter:dog:paw:
- go to bank for spending cash
- pack final toiletries
- pack phone chargers, last bits of electronics that we use every day
- pick up subway before getting Katie from school on Friday- our flight is 5:50 - 8:20 so this will be a half decent dinner
- vacuum one more time Friday
- clean bathrooms Friday
- laminate our LGMH!!:mickeyjum (even Joe is excited to know the "secret code")
- swap wallet & purse around for vacation
- take down the tent in Katie's room (don't ask!)
- change sheets on Katie's bed (it may be needed while we are out of town)
- get my nails done if there is time Friday afternoon ( I plan on packing polish for touch ups anyway but just remembered that probably cannot fit this into my little ziploc bag of carry on liquids. bummer!
- pack rum!pirate: gotta have a bit of the Captain!

I am so sure that my little list will grow wildly by Friday morning ... care to add to it?

Oh my....I can't believe how fast this came up!

Great job on the backpack and such a savings too! And it's very cute.

Why the heck do we have insurance if the meds are still so outrageous even with it?

Oh my....I can't believe how fast this came up!

Great job on the backpack and such a savings too! And it's very cute.

Why the heck do we have insurance if the meds are still so outrageous even with it?

I refer to my insurance as the "GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY YOU DON'T GET SICK" plan. :rotfl2:

don't even get me started! between monthly "employee contributions" and per family deductible, health insurance costs almost $4000 a year--none of which is tax deductible. and that doesn't include any co pays, dental, or eyes. I hate to even go to the dr for fear of what the co pay + deductible will cost me. I have to go for my mammogram & all those fun tests the 40+ crowd goes for and I am putting it off till after disney because I am a bit sick over the out of pocket. the worst thing is we are hardly ever sick (THANK GOD!:worship:) but the tests for "healthy" people still stick ya. I feel so deeply for families with a lot of health issues because the cost is just so overwhelming, i can't even imagine.

I refer to my insurance as the "GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY YOU DON'T GET SICK" plan. :rotfl2:

don't even get me started! between monthly "employee contributions" and per family deductible, health insurance costs almost $4000 a year--none of which is tax deductible. and that doesn't include any co pays, dental, or eyes. I hate to even go to the dr for fear of what the co pay + deductible will cost me. I have to go for my mammogram & all those fun tests the 40+ crowd goes for and I am putting it off till after disney because I am a bit sick over the out of pocket. the worst thing is we are hardly ever sick (THANK GOD!:worship:) but the tests for "healthy" people still stick ya. I feel so deeply for families with a lot of health issues because the cost is just so overwhelming, i can't even imagine.

I hear you. I went for my mammogram in February and had to pay $165 out of pocket becuase I had not met my deductible yet; we owe $695 for my husband's therapy prior to his neck surgery. My brother has been in the hospital twice in the last two years and has over $750,000 in bills -- no job, no insurance!

I hear you. I went for my mammogram in February and had to pay $165 out of pocket becuase I had not met my deductible yet; we owe $695 for my husband's therapy prior to his neck surgery. My brother has been in the hospital twice in the last two years and has over $750,000 in bills -- no job, no insurance!

Oh geez! Its just awful! The worst thing is that you know prices are inflated because medicare and insurance pay and then you are stuck when you don't have insurance.:sick:

Awesome deal on the backpack and it is super cute!!

I would be so jealous that you leave in less than 48 hours!!! My trip in 2 weeks keeps me from being too jealous!!

I know I have said it already but have a great trip!!! :banana: :woohoo: :cool1: :yay: :dance3::cheer2:

Awesome deal on the backpack and it is super cute!!

I would be so jealous that you leave in less than 48 hours!!! My trip in 2 weeks keeps me from being too jealous!!

I know I have said it already but have a great trip!!! :banana: :woohoo: :cool1: :yay: :dance3::cheer2:

:dance3::dance3: are you going to TR? ? It will be fun to read how your trip goes, I'm not sure how much time I will have at WDW to read reports.

In case I can't get on here tonight (have to make more cookies to take to my college graduating son on Saturday), I wanted to wish you a send off and hope you ahve a MOST magical trip. Will anxiously look forward to the TR. :goodvibes

Tomorrow!

Tomorrow!

You're going to disney world tomorrow!!!!!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Have a great trip!!

HA I know those puppies!!! :):rotfl::lmao:
I cannot STAND it. I feel like my head is going to burstpixiedust:!

I have just about everything packed...always those few things that you can't pack till the day you are leaving of course.

I just had a nice lunch chat with my mom -- didn't get there on Mother's day but today was nice!

and you totally rock Jen!

In case I can't get on here tonight (have to make more cookies to take to my college graduating son on Saturday), I wanted to wish you a send off and hope you ahve a MOST magical trip. Will anxiously look forward to the TR. :goodvibes
OH How did I miss that your son graduates this weekend? How exciting! Did you find any graduation pins at WDW when you were there? My godson graduates HS in 2 weeks so I am hoping to find one for him. I have a pin with Mickey wearing a graduation cap from a career fair a few years back, never saw it anywhere else but maybe I'll get lucky this trip.

27 1/2 hours till we are on the plane going to Disney World!!!:dance3:

OH How did I miss that your son graduates this weekend? How exciting! Did you find any graduation pins at WDW when you were there? My godson graduates HS in 2 weeks so I am hoping to find one for him. I have a pin with Mickey wearing a graduation cap from a career fair a few years back, never saw it anywhere else but maybe I'll get lucky this trip.

No, I didn't pick up any pins. He doesn't understand our fascination with Disney. He always loved it when we took him and NOW he wants to go so he can "Drink" around World Showcase, but he just doesn't understand our desire to go every year. So NO pin for him. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Have a safe flight, Mary Ellen.

Finally caught up on your PTR. I have enjoyed the journey thus far. Wishing you fun and safe travels. I look forward to your TR. Tomorrow is the day! Woohooooo!!!!

Ooo I didn't realize they had graduation pins! I'll have to be on the look out when we're down there in 7 days.

Have a safe and wonderful trip! I can't wait to read about it. :thumbsup2

Finally caught up on your PTR. I have enjoyed the journey thus far. Wishing you fun and safe travels. I look forward to your TR. Tomorrow is the day! Woohooooo!!!!

thanks! We are SSOOO excited!

Ooo I didn't realize they had graduation pins! I'll have to be on the look out when we're down there in 7 days.

Have a safe and wonderful trip! I can't wait to read about it. :thumbsup2

The pin I have is cute - small lapel sized pin of Mickey wearing a graduation cap. I used to work for a non profit that works with both ends of college recruitment - so career services and college recruiters. Disney is of course a huge college recruiter. The pins were given to me by a recruiter - I think they may have been giving them out at career fairs. That was several years ago so I don't know what they have but I will be looking. My godson has several pins from past trips...not a HUGE collector, but I know he likes them.

:yay::woohoo::banana:

I'm taking a quick break from the last minute running around. I've been to the grocery store, picked up some tabloid magazines to read in the airport, stopped at the bank, returned some movies, did some laundry, and now......I am done. All I have left to pack is my phone charger tomorrow and we're ready to go.

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

:dance3::dance3: are you going to TR? ? It will be fun to read how your trip goes, I'm not sure how much time I will have at WDW to read reports.

I will be doing a TR...I will post it on my PTR when I get back!! I can't wait to here all about your trip!! :goodvibes

I missed your send off!!!!! :headache: BUT! I hope you are having a very magical time!!!! I look forward to reading all about it when you return! I'm following you along on FB - I'm totally curious about the room situation! I hope it all worked out and wasn't too much of a hassle. :sad2: (and hopefully results in some pixie dust for your troubles! ;))

ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter