Happy Birthday to Joe, May 2011. . Trip Report Link

I love love love your eggs and I :lmao: out loud that your dog has Celiac! I want a Gluten Free puppy when I get one. We can be Wheat Intolerant together!

Forgot to ask before.. what website do you use to check the weather?

Most of the ones I see only go out 10 days ahead.

Since weather is so hard to predict, even for the weatherman, I like to look at
www.wunderground.com. It gives you the history for the past ten years of what ever area you are looking for. That way you see a range of what to expect. It lists temperatures and rainfall. Go to the Trip Planner tab and type in the area you want to go and the date range. It will pull up all the information. Pretty neat.

Sounds like you had a great Easter weekend! I know the feeling getting up at 4am to hide eggs! I even did it in a lightning storm one time....I really don't know what was wrong with me!! :lmao:

I love the backpack!! Super cute!!!

It has been so hot and even humid at times here that we have been preparing for the worse case scenario!! We figure if it is this hot now....May will be brutal!!

I'm glad you had a good Easter.

That's a cute backpack! Do you remember the etsy seller? I already have a bagallini (yeah, I hopped on the bandwagon) that I found at TJ Maxx for our trip but I would like to see what that seller makes.

Wow I didn't realize dogs could have celiac disease. That must have been a pain to figure out. Poor guy.

UGH! I have been watching temperatures lately and I think yesterday it was 92 degrees in Orlando. :scared1: I was looking forward to mid-high 80s in May. I guess I'm going on a hunt for a small battery-operated fan now!
Jamie - the Etsy seller is GigiStitches. she had quite a few. there were several sellers who appeared to use the same pattern - she just used really nice fabric.

Yeah, we put poor Thor through all sorts of allergy testing before we realized that when we cut out table scraps and wheat products out, we totally forgot to check the ingredients in his kibble:headache:poor guy went through all sorts of allergy testing before we hit the big one!
Glad to hear you had a nice Easter! Your eggs looked stunning!!!

All we've ever fed is Santa and his reindeer, too! :scared1: My walkway still sparkles from the reindeer food. :lmao:

I can't fault her for not letting go of the MLPs. I still have a whole box of them. :lmao:

When I cleaned DD's room the other day, I did chuck Barbies and other toys, but I didn't have the heart to throw any MLPs into the Good Will box.

I will guess that they are all the new collection, but if you have, by chance, any of the vintage MLPs, some of them sell pretty well on that auction site. :thumbsup2 (Well, most vintage toys sell well online)

YAY FOR TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!! :cheer2:

I can't take credit for the eggs ... the girls only let me do one or two. :sad2: I basically got to show them how to do the white out and double colors and they took over. silly girls. :lovestruc:lovestruc

We have no vintage MLPs. there were no MLPs when I was a kid. I recall my sister getting a polly pocket one year but they were quite different than they are now.
Don't fret...I've not updated my PTR in a while either (I'm still catching up on everyone else's since DH's business trip to Florida).

Love the Easter eggs (I kind of miss not doing that anymore). Sounds like you had a lovely Easter.

I love the backpack.

Be glad you aren't there this week...it's been 96 three days this week. :scared1:

That Florida business trip looked fun...I don't remember posting, oh, yeah, the funny hat!

ugh! 96 is scary!

I colored Easter eggs even before we had Katie when we had no children. I just love those traditions from my childhood. I can't see me giving them up!
I love love love your eggs and I :lmao: out loud that your dog has Celiac! I want a Gluten Free puppy when I get one. We can be Wheat Intolerant together!
Oh No, you will not want a gluten free puppy. ugh. nothing worse than going out to eat and then having to come home to cook for the dog:rotfl2:
Since weather is so hard to predict, even for the weatherman, I like to look at
www.wunderground.com. It gives you the history for the past ten years of what ever area you are looking for. That way you see a range of what to expect. It lists temperatures and rainfall. Go to the Trip Planner tab and type in the area you want to go and the date range. It will pull up all the information. Pretty neat.

I have heard of wunderground, but have not been there in a while. Didn't know about the trip planner, thanks! I will have to check that out!

Sounds like you had a great Easter weekend! I know the feeling getting up at 4am to hide eggs! I even did it in a lightning storm one time....I really don't know what was wrong with me!! :lmao:

I love the backpack!! Super cute!!!

It has been so hot and even humid at times here that we have been preparing for the worse case scenario!! We figure if it is this hot now....May will be brutal!!

I always hope my neighbors are not out there catching me in my pj's hiding eggs!

I am so hoping that backpack arrives in time. and I am a little nervous about high temps. but, hey, we can always ditch the touring plans and go back and swim mid day. I did not make any TS lunch plans just so that we can play mid day by ear.

Have you read the Disney Blog today?

Register to Attend a Pixar Speaker Session at Epcot May 14-15 I was so excited when I read it. :goodvibes My DH, in addition to being a great LEO, wonderful dad and hubby, is also an artist. He really wanted to study art when he was young but his dad, well......same old story :confused3 But he nearly giggled when I told him about the Animation Studio (he missed the tour with Katie and I last time) so when I saw this article, I signed right up!:thumbsup2 I signed up for the three of us but think that Katie and I may go elsewhere.

I hope he likes it...

:lmao::dance3:

Just a quick update (make a note, no more coffee after 12 noon!!) and then I HAVE to go to bed!

its getting so close!!!

Yesterday I took the day off of work to get a jump on the housework here. Our dog/house sitter came over to play with Thor a little (He needs to know its okay for her to be in our house!) and get the low down on where things are in the house, especially in the kitchen.

When I picked Katie up from school, we went to the bank and cashed in our change jars. Katie had $62 in her change bank, and we had $71 in ours. I requested a pack of ones and filled my tip envelopes for mousekeeping last night. one more thing checked off my list!

I also ordered our Visa Rewards card, leaving enough $ on it that I can call while we are in Disney. Our account month ends on the 19th so we will get more money added to our rewards card with two more days to shop!

While folding my 10+ loads of laundry yesterday and today i finished packing all of Katie's clothes, and most of Joe's and mine. For me, I will have to pack the personals (ahem) right before we go as I do not have an unlimited supply unlike some members of my household:rolleyes1.

those are my in a nutshell activities for now. It is SOO late and I have to get up for church in just a few hours. Night all!!

I am trying to catch up real quick with everyone! So close Mary Ellen. Ill bet you are so excited.

:lmao::dance3:

Just a quick update (make a note, no more coffee after 12 noon!!) and then I HAVE to go to bed!

its getting so close!!!

Yesterday I took the day off of work to get a jump on the housework here. Our dog/house sitter came over to play with Thor a little (He needs to know its okay for her to be in our house!) and get the low down on where things are in the house, especially in the kitchen.

When I picked Katie up from school, we went to the bank and cashed in our change jars. Katie had $62 in her change bank, and we had $71 in ours. I requested a pack of ones and filled my tip envelopes for mousekeeping last night. one more thing checked off my list!

I also ordered our Visa Rewards card, leaving enough $ on it that I can call while we are in Disney. Our account month ends on the 19th so we will get more money added to our rewards card with two more days to shop!

While folding my 10+ loads of laundry yesterday and today i finished packing all of Katie's clothes, and most of Joe's and mine. For me, I will have to pack the personals (ahem) right before we go as I do not have an unlimited supply unlike some members of my household:rolleyes1.

those are my in a nutshell activities for now. It is SOO late and I have to get up for church in just a few hours. Night all!!

Ahhh! :woohoo::woohoo: Soo close!! I'm so excited for you (and horribly jealous! :lmao:). Grats on getting some of your "to do" list accomplished!

I am trying to catch up real quick with everyone! So close Mary Ellen. Ill bet you are so excited.

I can barely stand it!!!!!

Ahhh! :woohoo::woohoo: Soo close!! I'm so excited for you (and horribly jealous! :lmao:). Grats on getting some of your "to do" list accomplished!
Thanks.. I'm actually popping in because I seem to be able to concentrate on little else this afternoon.:cloud9:

I'm actually popping in because I seem to be able to concentrate on little else this afternoon.:cloud9:

I can tell you, it only gets worse! We're all a mess today. Friday cannot physically come soon enough!

In 11 days from now, we will be getting in our car and picking Katie up from school to go to the airport.:car:

How is it that I want the next few days to go fast and slow at the same time??? :hourglass Fast because, well, DUH I want to go to Disney!!! Slow because I really do have things that I ought to be working on. Its just getting really hard to concentrate!!! Thus my need for a time warp!:lmao:

So I will post my updated to do-/ DONE list ..Hoping that it will keep me on track to smooth sailing!!

Disney To Do List

o ADRS DONE
o make Mousekeeping envelopes DONE
o put $ in Mousekeeping envelopes DONE
o fill m&m tube with quarters and pennies DONE
o pack stretched penny book DONE
o Joe’s birthday tee’s DONE
o Red mickey head tee’s DONE
o Re print binder schedule DONE
o Print mini schedule & put together in book DONE
o Decide and then complete autograph book DONE
o Finish 2007 scrapbook! Oooh i am afraid I will never get this done! It takes me so long to spread everything out and then decided how I want to lay out a page spread, then inevitably Katie shows up and wants to help. :rolleyes1 Yeah, I am meanmom and I say no because I don't want this to look like a 7 year old did it. there I said it. :headache:don't flame me!

o Pick up alien green mickey head paint samples
o Make and laminate lgmh’s for backpack

o Tie dye shirts! DONE
o Order Disney Visa reward card 4/18 DONE
o Start making & freezing Thor’s dog food! DONE
o Make grocery order list – decide if using wegoshop or garden grocer! DONE
o order Joe’s bday gift 5/1 DONE
o place grocery order 5/1 DONE – we ordered through wegoshop & suggested Walmart as the store. I am expecting to hear back from them shortly. Anything special I should do/say???
o Make Joe try on shorts!!! DONE
o Pack clothing --Almost done. Katie is all packed, Joe and I are nearly packed.
o Pack extra stuff/non clothing items in checked bag almost done
o schedule doggy get togethers with house/dog sitter
----the first get together was not so great – our dog sitter’s dog lived up to her female dog self (lol) BUT our dog sitter came over on Friday, got the low down of the house, etc. and said that if it came down to it, she’d bring her portable crate for her dog.
o Clean the house….well I’ve made progress, how’s that? I hate house work. :headache:Seriously. So I got a lot of laundry one (A TON!):laundy: and even got it put away all but what is in the dryer. Pretty amazing in my book. I made the office at least go from DISASTER:eek: to messy….also an improvement!:rotfl:
o Pay all bills due before 5/25 UGH done last night. My checkbook was positively weeping when I finished. :sick: Even though I pay a lot of stuff online, and so just scheduled it to come out when it needs to, I subtracted everything right away so that there are no mix ups. So sad…..:sad1:

o Write out a doggy care list – vet, allergies, emergency call number, etc.
o Grocery shop for dog sitter ;-)
o Actually pack all the stuff to take (right now its all sort of piled on the spare bed until I have everything, then I will organize to maximize use of carry ons.
o Vacuum up stairs
o Make up bed in guest room (has to wait till Friday or Thor will sleep on it and cover it in hair again.
o Collect homework for Katie

so I color coded that way I can check here to see what else comes next!

sigh guess I should get some real work done.

Wow it is getting so close!!! :woohoo:

You to-do list looks liek ti is coming along okay!

I am working on my 2009 scrapbook and your comments sounded like they came straight from my mouth! I feel as though I will never finish that project!!

You are doing great working through your to do list.

I have most of our clothes packed but need to start getting everything else together.

I paid all of my bills for the month today too. It seems so much easier spending them out over the month. I had a couple things I could pay when I got home, but I don't want to worry about that as soon as we get home. Plus if I leave the money in my checking account I might find something to spend it on in Disney.

I need to cash in the Disney change jar too. It won't be too much since I cashed it in every few months. I am waiting until the very last minute though. I have our tip envelope stuffed with 10s,5s and 1s. It looks like so much money. I do need to get more singles though. Good idea cashing in the change for singles.

Wow it is getting so close!!! :woohoo:

You to-do list looks liek ti is coming along okay!

I am working on my 2009 scrapbook and your comments sounded like they came straight from my mouth! I feel as though I will never finish that project!!
LOL TInk...When we got the pics back from our 2009 trip, I just stuck them in a photo album that holds photos in individual sleeves --I knew better than to tackle the whole scrapbooking thing again. I just don't have the time to do it!!
You are doing great working through your to do list.

I have most of our clothes packed but need to start getting everything else together.

I paid all of my bills for the month today too. It seems so much easier spending them out over the month. I had a couple things I could pay when I got home, but I don't want to worry about that as soon as we get home. Plus if I leave the money in my checking account I might find something to spend it on in Disney.

I need to cash in the Disney change jar too. It won't be too much since I cashed it in every few months. I am waiting until the very last minute though. I have our tip envelope stuffed with 10s,5s and 1s. It looks like so much money. I do need to get more singles though. Good idea cashing in the change for singles.
Hmm I had not thought too much about the 10s and 5's and we will need them for restaurants, though we figured we could always charge a tip back to our room, right?

also, let me ask, I am going with a guideline I learned here that said for mousekeeping, the guide is a dollar per person in the room , each day. that is what we're going with. am I being cheap or is this right? this is the first time I am tipping daily---in the past I didn't realize I should do it daily & we only did it on the last day thinking we had the same mousekeeper every day.

Catching up on all of your plans! I can't BELIEVE your trip is so close!!!!! :woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo:

Hi Judy! We can't stand it!!! Joe just LOVES:love: how very small and short our countdown chain has come. We have it hanging off of the hand rail, midway up the steps. When I first hung it, it touched the floor. Now it doesn't even touch the bottom of the banister.

when will you find out 100% that you have the dates you wanted in October?

Everything I have seen always says $1 per person per day. $3 a day right? I never really realized you even tipping housekeeping until last trip. I guess I never really thought about it.

Are you doing the online check in today? I can't wait until I can do it tomorrow. :yay:

You are making great progress on that to-to-list! Good for you. I'm one of the weird ones...I don't mind housework; well, at least I don't until someone messes up the bathroom 15 minutes after I cleaned it.

LOL TInk...When we got the pics back from our 2009 trip, I just stuck them in a photo album that holds photos in individual sleeves --I knew better than to tackle the whole scrapbooking thing again. I just don't have the time to do it!!

That is hilarious because I did the same thing for the 2010 trip!! I knew better than to tackle that project again! I may finish within the next 10 years!! :lmao:

:sad1:
I cannot believe that i broke my flash drive today. yeah, you know, the one where I have ALL of my Disney plans? you know, graphics, maps, plans, schedules, PDFs of all of my dinner, hotel, and airline reservations. Yeah, THAT one. :sick::eek:

How mad am I at my own stupid clumsiness? Oh yeah, very!:sad2::angel: I had my flash drive in my computer at work (yeah thats what I get for goofing off!) and its on a lanyard. well, in my clumsiness I caught my foot on the lanyard, and it pulled the flash drive and bent the dang thing. I felt sick . seriously.:sick:

The only consolation is that at least I'd already printed all of my binder contents. Thank Goodness :thumbsup2 I only had not printed my updated schedule--I just learned that the weekend we arrive at Disney (you know, in NINE DAYS@!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:) the Magic Kingdom is open til 1 am!:banana::wizard: :cheer2: so I had updated the chart for my little take to the park booklet. Sigh. guess I will have to just live with a marked up schedule.

Last night I actually really packed everything we had out. I am still missing a few things that we will continue to use till next week but at this point everything fits into our carry ons and one large check in suitcase. I will be happy if we don't have to pay to check two bags....although I am hoping to have room for souvenirs!!

I'm off to catch up on reading but just had to share the death of my flash drive. I'm really bummed...I had a LOT of info on that little guy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter