• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween on the Magic 2013

OK so Ladies and Gentlemen I'm starting my FE gifts and I need a little help. For anybody doing the FE can you please let me know:
1. If they're are any allergies?
2. The favourite character of the people in your party?

Pretty please? Thanks, Debs x

Mom-Tinkerbell
Dad-Donald Duck
Luke-Mickey Mouse

That could potentially be 300-400 Fe gifts to buy/make/ship? Maybe we could vote? I guess if it got to be that many 1 gift per rooom would work as opposed to one for everybody? When I signed up on the list last night (from my phone so hopefully it went through-it looked like there were only 20 staterooms on it so far?!). Could you confirm that I did get on the list correctly?

I have to agree with you. Also, we have to pack all of the gifts in our luggage and then take home the "new" gifts. That's a lot of money, time and gifts to pack. :)

Are most of you fliers going into Miami airport or Fort Lauderdale? I'm looking at tix right now and am trying to weigh the pros and cons. I would love to fly southwest and not pay for bags for five people!! :)

We are driving. It is 15 hours, but a lot cheaper then 7 plane tickets. When we drive to florida, we leave when the kids get out of school (3pm) and drive until about 1:30am. This works out well for us becouse the kids sleep and there ends up being less potty breaks. We usually make it all the way to Jacksonville and then have a quick morning commute (2 hours) to WDW. Getting to Miami will be 5 or 6 hours from Jacksonville.

My inlaws will be flying to Ft Lauderdale. They are going to fly Jetblue since it will be non-stop from Richmond. I think the cost From FT Lauderdale to Miami will be about $40.

So after 3 weeks of family in visiting, crazy hot humidity and being sick, my wife asked me if we could go on a pre-vacation vacation. After a pause she said is that too much to ask?

My response - is there ever such a thing as too much vacation? Now to find a way to pay for it. :scratchin

The reality is we probably won't do something worth mentioning, but it will just to tide us over....

... October 25th can't get here soon enough.

Hello! I would love to know what your favorite FE gifts have been in the past and what your kids' favorites have been!!

Thanks for sharing and getting my creative juices flowing!

WE WILL BE THERE!!! First time Disney cruisers....we have a 4 year old boy and he is SUPER excited!:cool1:

Whoa - it's been awhile!
We moved from NYC to Philly and after all the adjustments, just ready to go on this vacation already!

To the person who asked (perhaps it would be easiest to include this as a colum on the FE list?)-
- no allergies
- favorite characters: Ariel, Alice, Merida, Rapunzel, Belle

Also, the FE is not meant to be work. IMO it was one of the most exciting parts of our cruise - just coming back to see what thoughtful gifts were in our 'mailbox' from our friends on the ship. Your contributions are based on what you can do, so if you can do a gift each night every night for every person in each cabin OR just one gift per cabin for the cruise - all is good! Hakuna matata!!

Shopping for our port adventures at work today and rummaging through our cruise stash to make sure we're all stocked!

For experienced cruisers, what was the most handy item you bring along?
For me - family of four in one cabin - two over-the-door shoe hangers to store our toiletries, wallets, and whathaveyous (limited counterspace, y'all!).

Whoa - it's been awhile!
We moved from NYC to Philly and after all the adjustments, just ready to go on this vacation already!

To the person who asked (perhaps it would be easiest to include this as a colum on the FE list?)-
- no allergies

Also, the FE is not meant to be work. IMO it was one of the most exciting parts of our cruise - just coming back to see what thoughtful gifts were in our 'mailbox' from our friends on the ship. Your contributions are based on what you can do, so if you can do a gift each night every night for every person in each cabin OR just one gift per cabin for the cruise - all is good! Hakuna matata!!

Shopping for our port adventures at work today and rummaging through our cruise stash to make sure we're all stocked!

For me - family of four in one cabin - two over-the-door shoe hangers to store our toiletries, wallets, and whathaveyous (limited counterspace, y'all!).

I knew I forgot a column on the FE list! I'm working 12 hour days today and tomorrow so I'll add the columns on Thursday.

I think I read somewhere that over the door hangers are no longer permitted as they cause damage to the door.

I knew I forgot a column on the FE list! I'm working 12 hour days today and tomorrow so I'll add the columns on Thursday.

I think I read somewhere that over the door hangers are no longer permitted as they cause damage to the door.

Well, dangit!
Guess I'll have to rig them to hang in the closet!

Thanks for the heads up though!

melaniesposa said:
Whoa - it's been awhile!

- no allergies

My fav were the over the door shoe hangers as well but DCL no longer allows them. :(

We are driving. It is 15 hours, but a lot cheaper then 7 plane tickets. When we drive to florida, we leave when the kids get out of school (3pm) and drive until about 1:30am. This works out well for us becouse the kids sleep and there ends up being less potty breaks. We usually make it all the way to Jacksonville and then have a quick morning commute (2 hours) to WDW. Getting to Miami will be 5 or 6 hours from Jacksonville.

My inlaws will be flying to Ft Lauderdale. They are going to fly Jetblue since it will be non-stop from Richmond. I think the cost From FT Lauderdale to Miami will be about $40.

Where are you coming from, because you travel time is pretty much identical to ours. 15 hours to port. Plan to make it to Jacksonville or so the first day.

Except we are leaving around 9 or 10 on Friday, then on Sat we will drive to WDW and spend some time at MK. Get up Sunday morning and head to Miami.

Help...I'm new to this FE thing. Do I need to sign up somewhere? Is there a list or does the "list" not come out until we get our room assignments? How many ppl are there, because this could get really expensive. I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!!

Also, has anyone ever had any luck on changing rooms/upgrading rooms once you get to the cruise terminal? I have done it on Royal Carribean once but my last time on Carnival they said no. Just wondering if anyone has done it with Disney. This is our first Disney cruise, things seem a bit different then other cruises....which I like!!

Has anyone come across the 5 night navigator? I've seen 6 nights, but can't locate the 5 nights. :-)

Help...I'm new to this FE thing. Do I need to sign up somewhere? Is there a list or does the "list" not come out until we get our room assignments? How many ppl are there, because this could get really expensive. I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!!

Also, has anyone ever had any luck on changing rooms/upgrading rooms once you get to the cruise terminal? I have done it on Royal Carribean once but my last time on Carnival they said no. Just wondering if anyone has done it with Disney. This is our first Disney cruise, things seem a bit different then other cruises....which I like!!

Micki there is a sign up on here for the FE. It's jhamm that is organizing it.ill see if I can find the link and post it.....

There are upgrades you can do at the port ...
I think it just depends on what is available . :)

There is a link in my signature to a google document for the FE list. All you have to do is fill out the sheet. If you don't have a room number yet, you can add it once you get it.

We've upgraded a few times at port. It's a about 70% cheaper to upgrade at the port instead of buying it outright from the start. A few times there were no upgrades available, but we've also upgraded from ocean view to verandah a few times and from ocean view to concierge and from verandah to concierge. If you're wishing to upgrade you need to get there as soon as the port opens. Once you check in for the cruise you then head down to the supervisors desk to see if there are any upgrades available.

Everything looks good so far on the FE list. We currently have 15 staterooms (53 people) signed up. The gift giving is completely up to you--you can give one gift per stateroom or per person. You can also give one gift per cruise, or multiple gifts. The exchange is meant to be fun, so please don't stress out about the exchange.

On a note of packing and having to haul stuff--we are traveling in from Alaska, so we have a very limited space and understand that side of the cruise and gift exchange. One thing we've learned over the past 10 cruises is to pack light. We always plan space for gifts and souvenirs in the suitcases, and we really think about what we're actually going to wear instead of what we might wear. Keep in mind that you can always run a load of laundry on the ship if needed.

On a note of packing and having to haul stuff--we are traveling in from Alaska, so we have a very limited space and understand that side of the cruise and gift exchange. One thing we've learned over the past 10 cruises is to pack light. We always plan space for gifts and souvenirs in the suitcases, and we really think about what we're actually going to wear instead of what we might wear. Keep in mind that you can always run a load of laundry on the ship if needed.

I used to think people who did laundry on vacation were crazy, but once you try it there's no going back! We have a pack of Tide Pods in our 'cruise box' for just this! We love doing a load at the end of the cruise so that we come home with a suitcase full of clean clothes instead of chores already stacking up. I also find I bring less because I don't do the "just in case" thing - I know that if I really need something or run out, I can do a quick load of laundry!

All 3 of our Disney Cruises have had signs out at check in saying there were no upgrades available. It just depends on how full the ship is, and I guess we've always been on sold-out cruises.

I used to think people who did laundry on vacation were crazy, but once you try it there's no going back! We have a pack of Tide Pods in our 'cruise box' for just this! We love doing a load at the end of the cruise so that we come home with a suitcase full of clean clothes instead of chores already stacking up. I also find I bring less because I don't do the "just in case" thing - I know that if I really need something or run out, I can do a quick load of laundry!

with four young kids, doing laundry has become a necessity. We went to WDW and there was alway a rock-paper-scissors game to see who was going to babysit the laundry machine at night.

About 4 years ago we looked into the DVC. After weighing a lot of options, we decided to buy resale (at less then half the price). One of the clinchers for my wife was the in-room washer and dryer. That has totally changed the way we vacation. Now we basically bring enough clothes for 2 days and wash every night.

Of course, for kids enough clothes for 1 day can be 2+ outfits. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter