Guardians of the (Epcot) Galaxy

Personally, I'd like to see EPCOT stick to more educational offerings, and leave the pop culture stuff to the other parks. If they were somehow using Guardians to teach about something educational or informative, I'd feel better about it.

One thing I'd REALLY love to see is an attraction that taught about the universe, or at the very least, our solar system. I think that would be awesome, but then again, I'm an astronomy buff.
Love the idea of a lesson about the universe, maybe some thing like a interactive queue like 7D mine train, interactive touch screen walls, floors.

There is a bit of an actual science tie-in since NASA now has an official mission patch with Rocket and Groot:
iss-national-lab-rocket-raccoon-groot.jpg

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/23/guardians-of-the-galaxy-team-up-with-nasa-marvels-/

The scientists at NASA enjoy Marvel’s characters so much that two of its most popular space cadets will now appear on an official patch: Groot and Rocket Raccoon.

The Center for the Advancement of Science in Space (CASIS), and Marvel’s Custom Solutions teamed up for a project that will symbolize all payloads that are going to the national laboratory on the International Space Station (ISS).

Haven't seen guardians of the galaxy and it doesn't sound like this ride will fit in Epcot too much. But Epcot is in need of about 2-4 more rides so I'm interested.

I used to be all about Epcot being educational for children but I'm now the opposite. Kids are learning all the time at school, do they really need to do it on vacation too?

My thinking always was that with these huge immersive lands like Star Wars and toy story that the sunset boulevard area will look massively out of place

There is a bit of an actual science tie-in since NASA now has an official mission patch with Rocket and Groot:
iss-national-lab-rocket-raccoon-groot.jpg

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/23/guardians-of-the-galaxy-team-up-with-nasa-marvels-/

You may be on to something! This quote gives me SOME hope for "edutainment" possibilities :

“It’s exciting for us because this is hopefully the beginning of something that goes beyond just the mission patch. A little bit later this year we hope to unveil an upcoming STEM [Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics], initiative that is going to be focused on these particular characters,” Patrick O’Neill, Marketing and communications manager, said.

Not necessarily. If they did something that was states of the art in terms of a dark ride that would bring people in too. I'm also sure Star Wars will bring in potter like crowds.
Star Wars Land will not only match Potterland but surpass it if done correctly. Many more Star Wars fans then Potter fans in the Galaxy.

The way they have been cutting budgets all over the place lately, I have to say I'm skeptical.
They won't cut the Star Wars Budget. They might cut another budget to keep the star wars budget (or if overruns on Star wars cut from something else) but they will not make a cut to the Star Wars budget.

The way they have been cutting budgets all over the place lately, I have to say I'm skeptical.

Exactly....attention spans are short...

Did somebody say "immersive new lands"?

Like the concrete features of "new fantasyland"? The "strip mall on the face of the sun" of Disney springs town center?

Or the rumors of all the slashing/cheapening of toy story land?

The mouse hasn't been bringing 97 mph heat lately...

They won't cut the Star Wars Budget. They might cut another budget to keep the star wars budget (or if overruns on Star wars cut from something else) but they will not make a cut to the Star Wars budget.

You're the second person to say that here and it may be true...

But let's face it: nobody has any faith in that...this is a definite TOTS scenario

I used to be all about Epcot being educational for children but I'm now the opposite. Kids are learning all the time at school, do they really need to do it on vacation too?
I guess that really depends on your family.

Learning educational things doesn't have to be equated with a knowledge dump. It doesn't need to feel like work/school but that is up to the individual person and how they feel about getting tidbits of info on your vacation about things you didn't know before.

There is a reason why the saying goes "you learn something new everyday."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter