Guardians of the (Epcot) Galaxy

Rumor
Well I have some bad news folks...

Spirit is back and says that Disney execs are liking the plans for the DCA ToT redo so much so that DHS is also going to get it... However it won't come until after Toy Story opens in 2018.

He says Ellen's Energy Adventure has new plans that if it happens would open for the WDW 50th. He does not give an IP but says that Tron was one of the ideas tossed around.

He says WDI had plans for the guardians coaster in Epcot but costs sky rocketed and passed up the cost of radiator springs racers which is the most expensive attraction Disney has built. The coaster would have been similar to the planned Captain america coaster for DCA.
Okay this is interesting....per Martin over at WDWMagic - he is still hearing GoTG in UoE. He is working to reconfirm though, and it may take a few days.

I am really starting to wonder if there are right hands and left hands at WDW, and neither know what the other is planning.....

Okay this is interesting....per Martin over at WDWMagic - he is still hearing GoTG in UoE. He is working to reconfirm though, and it may take a few days.

I am really starting to wonder if there are right hands and left hands at WDW, and neither know what the other is planning.....
Yep just saw that.

The left hand vs right hand statement is painfully true. Whichever hand I hear from, they're with Martin - still Guardians for now. However, I can't deny that Spirit always seems to get more of the truth.

From what I understand, UoE is still currently the plan for all of this. However, the ToT proposal is being finalized and cleaned up because there is no faith in WDI that they can successfully trim the UoE proposal to a budget worth approving. If the cuts work, ToT is off the chopping block again.

I've been drinking salt ever since I read the rumor today that they changed their mind. Disney knows how Florida's tower is looked upon, they know it's considered one of the best things they've ever done. It's one of the reasons people go to that damn park. The ride just won the best dark ride award from amusement today! Considering the reaction California got, it would strike me as really stupid if they did the same in Florida, where the ride is still a headliner. Also isn't it the current icon of the park anyway? I was fine with them taking away California adventures because it was shoehorned into the park as a result of the lackluster reviews, it even got booed when they first announced it (actually first time I've ever noticed the similarity between mission breakout's construction and tower at California's construction), not to mention I liked guardians and I'm very curious to see how this gets pulled off. I guess all I'm trying to say through this rambling is that this seems way too blue sky and that I wouldn't even take it as serious until we get official word

Also, I know the universal contract states that there can't be any 3D simulator dark ride type ride built east of the Mississippi, but does that also cover drop towers and tea cups? I don't know why I just thought of that being a hinderment

Also, I know the universal contract states that there can't be any 3D simulator dark ride type ride built east of the Mississippi, but does that also cover drop towers and tea cups? I don't know why I just thought of that being a hinderment
Where does it say that? I'm pretty sure it just covers properties and not actual types of rides. The way I've understood it is Guardians can be used in any type of ride they want.

Where does it say that? I'm pretty sure it just covers properties and not actual types of rides. The way I've understood it is Guardians can be used in any type of ride they want.
I forget where but only know of this because of when they showed the preview for the original guardians back in 2014 they weren't allowed to show it in 3D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter