Guardians of the (Epcot) Galaxy

Reckoner

Mouseketeer
I didnt see this brought up anywhere else on this board yet, so I figured I'd throw it out there...

I've heard from a few people I trust that Guardians of the Galaxy are relatively locked in for a new attraction in Future World. Current plans have them replacing Universe of Energy or Wonders of Life.

Obviously, this is all extreme rumor at this point, but now that Spirit over on wdwmagic has started mentioning it, I feel a little more confident in what I heard.

Not to bury the lead, but at least this is the final death blow to that terribly misguided effort to ruin the Tower of Terror.

I have heard epcot will be the home for guardians but haven't heard universe of energy specifically.

I think disney still has the rights for twlight zone going away (aka not renewed). I'm pretty sure DL is just first to expire so don't count out terror of terror changing at every park with it, just not at the same time.

I can't see them changing the life pavilion for a new ride, they use that too much with their eat and drink cash cows... any word on what type of ride it might be? I had heard that years ago they were getting ready and had plans ready for a couple buildings including imagination to be redone but frozen stole the show and they paused the renovation for the budget while it was printing money for them.

I think disney still has the rights for twlight zone going away (aka not renewed). I'm pretty sure DL is just first to expire so don't count out terror of terror changing at every park with it, just not at the same time.

I can't see them changing the life pavilion for a new ride, they use that too much with their eat and drink cash cows... any word on what type of ride it might be? I had heard that years ago they were getting ready and had plans ready for a couple buildings including imagination to be redone but frozen stole the show and they paused the renovation for the budget while it was printing money for them.
I don't think rights for twilight zone has ever been a problem at least from what I've seen. Disney execs just want to get gaurdians into the parks and are trying to find the quickest and cheapest ways to do that.

Let's use Maelstrom to FEA as an example ...

How could you change the long, plodding Energy Adventure to suit Guardians? I'm not being a jerk, I'm just trying to brainstorm. If Disney wants Guardians in the park quickly, it's going to be a retheme of an existing ride and ride vehicle.

Test track would come to mind as a possible retheme. But, given the state of Future World, I think a complete change over is completely possible. There is a lot of dead space in Epcot, Disney needs to invest in it.

Ohh GOTG at Epcot exciting - if this rumor is true and they can do it quickly (I know wishful thinking for Disney) with Soarin' and FAE it would be a great alternative while they sort out SW &TS.

Let's use Maelstrom to FEA as an example ...

How could you change the long, plodding Energy Adventure to suit Guardians? I'm not being a jerk, I'm just trying to brainstorm. If Disney wants Guardians in the park quickly, it's going to be a retheme of an existing ride and ride vehicle.

This isn't (currently) a Frozen situation. The GotG attraction will be using the space, and maybe some of the outer building...but I would consider the ride system and everything inside that pavilion to be eventual history.

Ohh GOTG at Epcot exciting - if this rumor is true and they can do it quickly (I know wishful thinking for Disney) with Soarin' and FAE it would be a great alternative while they sort out SW &TS.
I don't think Disney is going to attempt to do this "quick". They have too many other projects that demand attention, and fit a timeline right now.

I personally like this a whole lot better than TOT leaving for GOTG. Future World is in desperate need of a makeover, I've been there 8 times and I haven't even ridden half of these rides. I think GOTG would fit perfectly with the future theming and it would be a nice draw.

Test track would come to mind as a possible retheme. But, given the state of Future World, I think a complete change over is completely possible. There is a lot of dead space in Epcot, Disney needs to invest in it.
Nope not test track. It was just redone and it's very popular. They are looking to use one of the pavilions that aren't utilized entirely.

I don't think Disney is going to attempt to do this "quick". They have too many other projects that demand attention, and fit a timeline right now.
Actually I do think they'll try to do this quick. They want guardians in the park as fast as possible which is why it wouldn't be a brand new build but would be a retro fit. They want attendance at Epcot to stay up and doing something quick will do that until they can do more after Star Wars.

It looks like Energy Adventure will become guardians of the Galaxy. Apparently if this is approved that whole corner will become GOTG. This will be a brand new ride using the existing space. Not a 40 minute sit in a vehicle nap type ride either.

There is more in the works for Epcot too with Innoventions. Disney knows it needs help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter