Goodbye to The Trip...

I'm so sad about the Trip being retired. The Trip was my favorite show of the Dis Network after the main show. I loved the interaction between the ladies on the show and also that content about things to do in Orlando other than the parks. I also loved that often the shows had content that focused on family and kids. I hope that content continues to be brought to us in other ways. I will definitely miss the Trip during my Thursday commute each week.

I'm so sad about this. It was my favorite of all the podcasts. I hope they bring us something good to replace it. I'm not a fan of the daily fix :(

I'm really going to miss the show. And no...it's not just because Wednesday is one of my days working in the office and everyone's developed this whole understanding of it being 'show time.' Although, that was a perk! Of course, I understand being overwhelmed with a million and one other things.

Very sad to see the Trip go. I've loved each episode and it was so good to learn of all the things to do in Orlando.

Bravo!

The Trip is truly going out on top. The last few shows have been amazing. Glad to see it end on a high note.

I would like to say that the hotel reviews have been amazing. Keep those going!

Another good podcast is going the way of the DoDo. At first when the Trip first started I saw it as the Dis trying to do a show like Attractions the show and felt they had pouched JL from it for some reason. I think she should go back to it as I like her better than the current host with Banks.

Over time I grew to like it but when it returned from Hiatus I didn't get the addition of Jakki and don't see what she added to it. I get that poel have other jobs and the podcast isn't the only thing on their plates.

At first when the Trip first started I saw it as the Dis trying to do a show like Attractions the show and felt they had pouched JL from it for some reason. I think she should go back to it as I like her better than the current host with Banks.
Elisa (the current co-host with Banks) is a great person but she and JL are very different. JL came to this line of work organically as a mom and a big Disney fan. Elisa, while also a big fan, is a professional performer having done acting classes, dance, singing, etc. Not only does she do the show but she is also a performer at SeaWorld and Legoland among other things in her portfolio. She brings a different background and experience to the show than JL did. I really enjoy/enjoyed both of them in that job. They're just very different. And I was thrilled when they announced that JL was joining the DIS team.

I didn't get the addition of Jakki and don't see what she added to it.
I have not met Jackie yet but she seems super sweet. That said, I kind of have to agree with you on this point. I'm not clear what they were hoping to achieve by adding her to The Trip. I think the chemistry and interaction between JL, T, and Dustin/Craig was excellent. There didn't really seem to be something lacking that needed improving with the addition of another member unless it was just to spread the workload and give Jackie more on-camera time, which is fine. I think she does a good job of it. I look forward to meeting her one of these days.

You guys are so fun! I know we're going to miss doing The Trip each week [after February] but new and exciting things are always great too!

T, JL, and I were talking last week about how bored everyone would be if we were all the same - can you imagine? Different is good, in my opinion, even when we don't agree on all things because that's what makes conversation interesting, right? Again, if we all agreed on every point, that would make a real boring show. The 3 of us are all so different, but the same in many ways too. It's fun that you're all looking forward to what's coming up on the horizon; we hope you'll love it!

On another note, I still believe that luggage magically appears in your Resort room when you use DME! :duck:

The 3 of us are all so different, but the same in many ways too. It's fun that you're all looking forward to what's coming up on the horizon; we hope you'll love it!
I totally agree that it is great to have folks who have a different view and perspective on things and who don't always agree. Things would be boring otherwise.

And I'm definitely looking forward to whatever comes next. I'm sure the content that we've come to expect from The Trip isn't going away. It's just going to come to us in a different way.

Elisa (the current co-host with Banks) is a great person but she and JL are very different. JL came to this line of work organically as a mom and a big Disney fan. Elisa, while also a big fan, is a professional performer having done acting classes, dance, singing, etc. Not only does she do the show but she is also a performer at SeaWorld and Legoland among other things in her portfolio. She brings a different background and experience to the show than JL did. I really enjoy/enjoyed both of them in that job. They're just very different. And I was thrilled when they announced that JL was joining the DIS team.

I think shes' ok I just think Banks and JL had better chemistry on it then Elissa does. I also miss seeing patrick doing segments to but It's cool to see him check in every now and then with something from California. That being said I still watch it

Just watched "5 Things You Didn't Know About the Magic Kingdom". If this is one of the directions JeniLynn (and/or Teresa, Jackie, or any other podcasters) might be used, I'm all for it. Nice little "sound bite" of info. Again - like the Daily Fix - it's short, but a lot of people these days don't have time to watch a whole podcast, or have to watch the longer content in pieces (which causes me to lose my concentration sometimes), so I think these more easily-digestible pieces are great, while still keeping the longer content for those that want/need that as well! Awesome work again, Team!

Just watched "5 Things You Didn't Know About the Magic Kingdom".
What and where is that?

Personally, I much prefer the longer podcasts to the short things. I'm able to start and stop it as needed, listen in the car on my commute, etc. I don't care if it takes me 4 or 5 days to finish a show That's a whole lot easier than constantly having to find and start a new 5 minute show, which I can't do while I'm driving. The car is really the main place where I listen so short pieces don't really do me any good.

What and where is that?

Personally, I much prefer the longer podcasts to the short things. I'm able to start and stop it as needed, listen in the car on my commute, etc. I don't care if it takes me 4 or 5 days to finish a show That's a whole lot easier than constantly having to find and start a new 5 minute show, which I can't do while I'm driving. The car is really the main place where I listen so short pieces don't really do me any good.
Here ya' go!

Here ya' go!
I think that's a nice little video, but where was it posted? On Facebook? I hadn't seen anything about it.

If they are going to do stuff like that, they need to let us all know how to access it all. I still hope they don't replace podcasts with things like that, though, since I listen to podcasts in my car and have to actually make time in front of my computer to watch videos which is much harder.

I think that's a nice little video, but where was it posted? On Facebook? I hadn't seen anything about it.

If they are going to do stuff like that, they need to let us all know how to access it all. I still hope they don't replace podcasts with things like that, though, since I listen to podcasts in my car and have to actually make time in front of my computer to watch videos which is much harder.
I got an e-mail from my YouTube subscription to the DIS channel.

I sincerely doubt they will be replacing the longer shows for this, I think this is the "new direction and new ways of delivering content and info" they were referring to when they said the Trip is retiring. Which is why I said it's nice to have a mix of shorter/longer formats, for those that prefer one over the other. I think it's also important people know (they've said it on the show several times, and I know I, and others have posed it several times) you need to go in/set/check your subscriptions and settings to your channels on YouTube individually to make sure you are subscribed to all the channels (DIS, DISSUnplugged, Dreams), and to make sure you have settings set to notify you when they release new content if you want to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter