Goodbye to The Trip...

Just watched the podcast and I will miss the trip as it had a different vibe ... BUT I am glad to hear that there still we be some content produced by JL, Theresa, and Jackie together

Definitely understandable that there is a lot going on and I think some of the content they covered can be touched on during other shows

I thought there could be a thread to say goodbye and thanks to JL, Teresa, and Jackie for all they have done for the trip podcast and our listening enjoyment. It is completely understandable that with everyone's busy schedules. I guess it's a little surprising it was a little soon right after the holiday hiatus.

Thanks for filling our ears with humor and great info!

I can't wait to see what future things we see from this group of wonderful ladies!
Nice to hear your name and comments on the show today! :)

Oh! That makes me sad! The Trip was my DD's favorite of all of the podcasts! We would listen to it together driving to and from school and practices.... We will miss hearing your issues, and singing/humming along with your theme music!

While I will miss the show, there is an opportunity here. The Disneyland podcast frequently has what they call "Day Six" segments, which focus on things to do outside of DLR during the "rest of the week" when you aren't using your 5 day park pass. In essence, this is what 90% of The Trip had become. So if the DL Podcast team can weave non-DL stuff into their weekly podcast, the WDW podcast team should be able to as well. Probably not every week. But from time to time should be sufficient. Frankly, as much as I enjoyed The Trip, there were times when they seemed to be stretching to fill an entire hour every week. (Some of the Cocoa Beach stuff was cute, but pushed the limits of relevance). If they distill this down to just the Orlando Area content that they would have presented on the Trip, they could tack it on as 20-30 minutes of extra podcast time on the WDW show the way that John and Kevin do with restaurant reviews. For example, there is no reason why the ICE! segment could not be a 30 minute add-on to a regular podcast.

If we have to lose The Trip, I think this is a great idea. Or as someone else said, pre-tape or go to monthly or quarterly.

I guess I'm bummed because none of the "new content" really appeals to me. I have no use for the Daily Fix as I can only listen on my commute, and I can't get the Dreams Unlimited podcast to download to my iPod for some reason. I don't listen to the Walt stuff either as I find the pacing too slow. (Sacrilege!) Teresa, please come on the regular show as much as you can, I'll miss you the most! Mwah!

I wasn't at The Trip today. I was watching from home like everyone else...

You are so full of crap!

I totally read that in Teresa/Craig's voice.....
(Sorry, call back to another thread)*EDIT*

Anyhow, I was bummed because I thought this was going to be an immediate end to the show. I was excited to hear that we get at least another few weeks of Trip adventures...!

Last edited:
Okay, now I saw Princess Jes's story on the Trip too - COOL! :) Plus, I know her story has a good outcome! :)

Also have to say too that when I was gong regularly, I used to suffer from the "Disney Depression" they were talking about, thinking "it's 1/2 way through, or only so many days left", especially on the last full day, at the last park. Used to really weigh me down, no matter how hard I tried to "get a grip, man up, just be glad your'e here now, etc" . I agree with Jackie that I used to hide how I was feeling from people, out of embarrassment. What I found really helped was - as Teresa said - to start planning the next trip, or already have plans in place - REALLY helped the depression. Also, when I was on the dining plan, I used to get home and think "what do you MEAN I can't go wherever I want and eat whatever I want and it's already paid for?". I know, I'm strange. LOL. Or - I'd wake up and think "What do you mean, I can't be all carefree and go to parks(s) today, and just be happy?

Of course, I didn't think it would be over 3 years since I've been, and no idea when I'll be going back - that may have driven me over the edge! <small, sad laugh>

Last edited:
Okay, now I saw Princess Jes's story on the Trip too - COOL! :) Plus, I know her story has a good outcome! :)

Also have to say too that when I was gong regularly, I used to suffer from the "Disney Depression" they were talking about, thinking "it's 1/2 way through, or only so many days left", especially on the last full day, at the last park. Used to really weigh me down, no matter how hard I tried to "get a grip, man up, just be glad your'e here now, etc" . I agree with Jackie that I used to hide how I was feeling from people, out of embarrassment. What I found really helped was - as Teresa said - to start planning the next trip, or already have plans in place - REALLY helped the depression. Also, when I was on the dining plan, I used to get home and think "what do you MEAN I can't go wherever I want and eat whatever I want and it's already paid for?". I know, I'm strange. LOL. Or - I'd wake up and think "What do you mean, I can't be all carefree and go to parks(s) today, and just be happy?

Of course, I didn't think it would be over 3 years since I've been, and no idea when I'll be going back - that may have driven me over the edge! <small, sad laugh>

Me too. I can't help waking up every morning thinking "now it's only x days to go". Although, on my last trip I was missing my cats a lot (I know, crazy cat lady alert!) so tried to think of it as going home to see them rather than leaving Disney.

Me too. I can't help waking up every morning thinking "now it's only x days to go". Although, on my last trip I was missing my cats a lot (I know, crazy cat lady alert!) so tried to think of it as going home to see them rather than leaving Disney.
Hey - whatever helps make you feel better is a good idea! And I'm sure your fur babies missed you!!

I said this in chat yesterday, but I want to say it here too.

In October I was in a bad car accident. Not only was my car totaled, my knee was destroyed (seriously, of all of the structures in the knee only my patella and MCL were okay). I couldn't get around and was having constant nightmares about car accidents. I couldn't sleep, I was horribly depressed and suicidal. I downloaded all of the episodes of The Trip again and started listening to them. I'd have them playing all night to help me. Then I had the surgery to fix my knee. Now on top of the nightmares, I had excruciating pain from the surgery and could barely move. I started listening to the episodes again, imagining being at the haunted house, or at the restaurants, or the chocolate kingdom. I can honestly say The Trip helped me more than I can explain, and possibly saved my life. So thank you Teresa, JeniLynn, Jackie, Craig, and Ryno from the bottom of my heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter