Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

Why don't we wait to see how well it is done before we get all whiny about it? It is entirely possible that Starbucks coffee will be served along with some of their baked goods along with Disney's baked goods. It is also possible that the signage will be done very low key and unobtrusive just like the myriad of other corporate signs many guests don't even notice.

I do love how neurotic some of the Disney fans get about every little change before they even see how it turns out. Maybe Disney needs to sell some hardhats with mouse ears on it for all the fans who constantly believe the sky is falling.

WDW's version is supposed to be pretty much the same as DL's version. :)

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-fiddler-fifer-practical-cafe-with-starbucks/

Why don't we wait to see how well it is done before we get all whiny about it? It is entirely possible that Starbucks coffee will be served along with some of their baked goods along with Disney's baked goods. It is also possible that the signage will be done very low key and unobtrusive just like the myriad of other corporate signs many guests don't even notice.

I do love how neurotic some of the Disney fans get about every little change before they even see how it turns out. Maybe Disney needs to sell some hardhats with mouse ears on it for all the fans who constantly believe the sky is falling.

I think it is because if people don't speak up,Disney doesn't know how their guests feel. If they didn't care, they wouldn't Have :goodvibessurveys at the parks. Ever here the expression " What's done is done". Once it's completed is a little ate to ask questions and give opinions.:wave2:

I think it is because if people don't speak up,Disney doesn't know how their guests feel. If they didn't care, they wouldn't Have :goodvibessurveys at the parks. Ever here the expression " What's done is done". Once it's completed is a little ate to ask questions and give opinions.:wave2:
The trouble is that many of those speaking are making assumptions based on...nothing really. A lot of this is conjecture because we just don't know.

But you speak up about confirmed changes, not unfounded speculation and hypotheticals. I hope they do a good job of theming the location and it doesn't look like a standard Starbucks that you see on every street corner. That simple sentence gets my hopes across without making allegations of ruining Main Street or claiming it almost doesn't make me want you to go there any more (which we all know is crap by the way). There is no need for the melodrama. I actually read the words "sanctity of main street" in one thread about this subject. That is a special kind of crazy right there.

They have already demonstrated that they can put a corporately sponsored location in their parks without it looking gaudy, specifically with Starbucks as a matter of fact.

THANK YOU DISNEY for bringing the Starbucks. I have written time and time again asking for them to do so. I am glad that they are going to put it where they are. Great place to stop and soak in main street. What they offered at MSB was not that wonderful to start with. Good job Disney, thanks for listening to your guests.

I literally laughed at how worked up some people in this thread are getting over things that they have no control over. It is sad that people would rather have a coronary and let something as silly as a Starbucks in Disney control their life, thoughts and vacation instead of just being grateful you can afford to go. SMH

The trouble is that many of those speaking are making assumptions based on...nothing really. A lot of this is conjecture because we just don't know.

Yep, the same few people on every thread getting upset over things they cannot control and moreso, things they dont have a real answer to.

The problem is that some people do not accept that others may have different opinions, that is all. MSB will not exist in its present form, fact. Someone do not see it as a big deal some are upset, so what. Not like our opinions will affect actual changes, so I think it is fine for everyone feel the way they do.

The problem is that some people do not accept that others may have different opinions, that is all.

I would guess that the most prolific poster on this thread with 75 posts might be the one least accepting of differing opinions.

I would guess that the most prolific poster on this thread with 75 posts might be the one least accepting of differing opinions.

Or maybe poster had to repeat and defend opinion when it was twisted and belittled by some with about same number of posts here, who feel that their opinion is more superior.:confused3

or maybe poster had to repeat and defend opinion when it was twisted and belittled by some with about same number of posts here, who feel that their opinion is more superior.:confused3

77 now, so what is your point? You going to monitor number of my posts, is this a new position on Dis, posts monitor or you just that bored or it is that important to you? Go ahead and calculate everyones posts on every thread. Ridiculous. :sad2:

All of this talk made me crave a chai latte so I stopped at a Starbucks location that I've never been to today. The place was quiet with a few people studying or working, there was soft music playing in the background and the people there were super nice. All I could think about was how odd that there was so much fuss being made over such a great place.

By the way, the pumpkin scones are amazing. :)

Planogirl said:
All of this talk made me crave a chai latte so I stopped at a Starbucks location that I've never been to today. The place was quiet with a few people studying or working, there was soft music playing in the background and the people there were super nice. All I could think about was how odd that there was so much fuss being made over such a great place.

I like their scones too. Not too sweet or too plain. I had a sip of my son's eggnog latte today. Yummy but rich. I had my trenti refresher. Beyond yum!!

I hope that they find a happy medium. :)

Other than the big cities, all other Starbucks I've been to are like that - quiet with a calm vibe. I love my local one, I can sit there for hours with my computer and be away from everything, the staff are so friendly. Ha! If we ever cross paths at the World, I'll meet you on Main Street in the Starbucks :thumbsup2

Read the article link in the first post again. They updated info. MSB Will keep the same name and theming, just offer Starbucks product.

There's a little place to click to see who and the number of posts on the thread page. We used the same format on another board I belong to. :)

I can't see it on the iPhone version or I'd tell you how many posts I made. A lot because I am bored and medicated. (Surgery!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter