Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by WEDWDW, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Burnedout

Burnedout Proud mom of a marine recruit:)

So what if people like their Starbucks drinks? Is that any different than having a hissy fit over cinnamon rolls. I don't get Starbucks irl, but, yeah, I'm glassy eyed without some morning caffeine. Call me an addict if you like, but it is a small vice.

Lol, disney snobs are not a lot better than the Starbucks snobs.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WDSearcher

WDSearcher DIS Veteran

Can't the same, though, be said about DISers?

"Starbucks culture" is pretty much the same as "DIS culture". There's just a different mass-market product in the center.

:earsboy:

4. WedgieSock

WedgieSock DIS Veteran

Nope. Not by a long shot. Starbucks followers are just regular people who like coffee. Disney followers are cultish and scare me :scared1:

5. Burnedout

Lol, no kidding! I have a couple of friends who think I'm downright crazy when I start talking disney.

6. brunette8706

brunette8706 DIS Veteran

Just saw this. Thanks Pirate.

Yeah, if anyone on this thread disagrees with two or three posters we are condemned for it. We can Not have our own opinion, because it is scrutinized with a microscope.

Personally, once again, I do not like Starbucks coffee and would much rather have the duncan donuts or McDonalds brand. These coffees taste so much better and are a fraction of the cost.

My other concern are the lines for Starbucks coffee. It usually takes 2-4 minutes for each customer to get their own customized cup, multiply that by hundreds of people that visit the Bakery at certain times of the day. Just a thought.

7. brunette8706

brunette8706 DIS Veteran

H TDC Nala!

That I can agree with. Maybe update the look and feel of the MSB and still keep the victorian atmosphere. Good point.

8. brunette8706

brunette8706 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

9. FigNewton

FigNewton DIS Veteran

Why? To criticize the MSB cinnamon rolls as overly sweet and suggest Cinnabon as an improvement is absolutely silly. I'm not a huge fan of the MSB cinnamon rolls but Cinnabon has to be some of the most overly sweet confections produced.

And here's the SHOCKING TWIST, that's one of the reasons why I actually prefer Cinnabon!

10. Burnedout

The lines will either be worth standing in line for or not. Kind of like everything else at disney. Other coffee will be available elsewhere if anyone wants any.

11. brunette8706

brunette8706 DIS Veteran

Good point.

12. Burnedout

Glad that came across ok. Was worries it sounded snotty!

13. jvptravels

jvptravels Mouseketeer

Obviously this is one of those threads that gets a pass when it comes to monitoring adult behavior. It's a classic example of the hypocrisy of this site. (And that's the NOT a jab at the members).

But how funny is it that you are concerned with lines at a Starbucks sponsored bakery at a Disney park. Most of the CS places at WDW have long lines. Last summer I waited 15 mins for a Dole whip, 10 mins for ice cream and 15 mins at the bakery. Maybe they need FP for these places.

14. brunette8706

brunette8706 DIS Veteran

I didn't think it was snarky. Believe me I know sarcasm when I see it. lol.

15. brunette8706

brunette8706 DIS Veteran

You know I think you are right. I'm guessing depends on time of year in reference to the lines. I'm sure Disney will think of a fast and efficient way for people to get their java fix. :)

16. Burnedout

10 minutes for a dole whip is 10 minutes well spent. :)

17. WedgieSock

WedgieSock DIS Veteran

I found the perfect hat for my first trip to the new MSB/SB

[​IMG][/IMG]

18. brunette8706

brunette8706 DIS Veteran

heh heh! :thumbsup2

19. Xclusive2WDW

Xclusive2WDW Mouseketeer

EVERYONE thinks I need a nice little white jacket with padded walls wo match especially when I'm planning (which if I am not at Disney, what else would I be doing:lmao: )

People on both sides are being scrutinized and I really think if people would take the opinion of each poster in instead of grouping everyone into categories, the smart a** remarks would cut down. For example, you and I have different feelings on the matter, but we have joked with each other on here. It's all o the individual.

This exactly. What happened to waiting? Don't get me wrong, I don't want a crazy long wait all day everyday, but a part of life is waiting. IJS

20. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

Oh yes, I'm certainly a snooty elitist. :rotfl:

21. mousermerf

mousermerf DIS Veteran

Time to pull this one out again:

[​IMG]

That's better than Starbucks, right?