Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

I'm just replying because I noticed there were 999 responses and I wanted to be 1,000th!! Anyway, I just hope they don't get rid of the cinnamon buns :)

There's a little place to click to see who and the number of posts on the thread page. We used the same format on another board I belong to. :)

I can't see it on the iPhone version or I'd tell you how many posts I made. A lot because I am bored and medicated. (Surgery!)

$$

DING, DING, DING, DING!

You were the 1,000th poster on this thread!!! You win a lifetime of Starbucks coffee!!! lol!

Woohoo! I'd like to thank my mother for the whole giving birth thing, and my surgeon who is both talented and good looking. Without them I would not be receiving this MAJOR AWARD!

Is it not possible that the Bakery will remain pretty much the same and just have Starbucks signage blended into it? I'd be pretty shocked to see the new place not blended in to the rest of Main St. I'll remain optimistic until I hear otherwise.

That's what I'm hoping for. Just have a sign that says that they sell Starbucks, but don't change the name, theme, and everything else about it. And don't get rid of everything on the menu to put Starbucks in. Sort of like at DCA.

I don't even like coffee from Starbucks. But as long as they don't stop calling it the Main Street Bakery and still sell the items that had to be removed somewhere else at WDW, then I'm ok with it.

Woohoo! I'd like to thank my mother for the whole giving birth thing, and my surgeon who is both talented and good looking. Without them I would not be receiving this MAJOR AWARD!

:lmao: :lmao: Thank you, that made me snort in a rather unladylike way :p Too funny!

I wish I had the kind of time to go through a 67 page thread on DIS boards to count how many times everyone posted :thumbsup2

It's quite simple to check, actually. On the main board, where all the threads are listed, to the right is the number of replies (which is underlined). Click on that underlined number and up pops a small box with all the posters in the thread and how many posts each poster has.

It's quite simple to check, actually. On the main board, where all the threads are listed, to the right is the number of replies (which is underlined). Click on that underlined number and up pops a small box with all the posters in the thread and how many posts each poster has.

Cool! I never knew that. Funny & smart ;)

Poor Bob NC ... sorry but I am no longer in awe of your magical number skills - you cheated :p

:sad2: I'm in 4th place. Do I have no shame? :sad:

:rotfl:

Cool! I never knew that. Funny & smart ;)

Poor Bob NC ... sorry but I am no longer in awe of your magical number skills - you cheated :p

And *still* having to listen to a squealing fridge fan since the repairman had to order a new motor fan. :headache:

Basically this thread can be summed up in a dozen comments:

1) Disney has "sold out", letting big corporations on Main St
2) Walk would be devastated/rolling in his grave
3) Starbucks is a greedy corporation that has no right being on Main St
4) Where am I going to get my cinnamon roll and/or ice cream sandwich from now?
5) I don't want to see a neon green Starbucks sign on Main St and/or Main St should remain a turn of the century feel"
6) Starbucks is the worst coffee I've ever tasted. It's burnt, expensive and those who drink it are snobs.
7) The magic will be ruined if I see a Starbucks cup
8) What's next a (insert brand here, including McDonald's) inside the castle?

And on the other side of the "argument"

9) I love Starbucks and I can't wait to get it in the World.
10) Have you seen the photos of DCA? It's going to look amazing!
11) Finally, a decent cup of coffee in WDW, they've finally listened to their patrons
12) I can't wait to have a (insert drink of choice here) while watching the parade/walking down Main St/of a morning

And to sum absolutely every single one up in a single sentence...... (envisioning drum rolls here)

13) ALL THIS OVER A CUP OF COFFEE AND PASTRIES?

I think this Starbucks topic has well and truly gone around in a million circles and gone no where. :lol: Time will tell how this all turns out. Until we get more information from Disney or it officially opens, everything else has (more than likely) already been said. WDW will still be the most magical place on earth, especially for the true fans.

1) Disney has "sold out", letting big corporations on Main St
2) Walk would be devastated/rolling in his grave
3) Starbucks is a greedy corporation that has no right being on Main St
4) Where am I going to get my cinnamon roll and/or ice cream sandwich from now?
5) I don't want to see a neon green Starbucks sign on Main St and/or Main St should remain a turn of the century feel"
6) Starbucks is the worst coffee I've ever tasted. It's burnt, expensive and those who drink it are snobs.
7) The magic will be ruined if I see a Starbucks cup
8) What's next a (insert brand here, including McDonald's) inside the castle?

And on the other side of the "argument"

9) I love Starbucks and I can't wait to get it in the World.
10) Have you seen the photos of DCA? It's going to look amazing!
11) Finally, a decent cup of coffee in WDW, they've finally listened to their patrons
12) I can't wait to have a (insert drink of choice here) while watching the parade/walking down Main St/of a morning

And to sum absolutely every single one up in a single sentence...... (envisioning drum rolls here)

13) ALL THIS OVER A CUP OF COFFEE AND PASTRIES?

I think this Starbucks topic has well and truly gone around in a million circles and gone no where. :lol: Time will tell how this all turns out. Until we get more information from Disney or it officially opens, everything else has (more than likely) already been said. WDW will still be the most magical place on earth, especially for the true fans.

Step 14) Repeat steps 1-13 :lmao: (Seriously, get to going before the other class mates come and start doing it for you)

I think we all know the tune to this one...

"This is the song that never ends..."
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

". . .some people starting singing it NOT KNOWING WHAT IS WAS"

Every time we get to this point in the thread, where people have calmed down and vowed not to speak on it anymore and people are cracking random jokes. . . someone from somewhere in the DIS abyss comes along and say's something like "well my 2 cents. . ." or "I just don't get. . ." or (my personal fav) "I haven't read the previous (insert however many pages we are at at that point) but. . .". These comments, which are always just repeats of things that have bee said a zillion times, then cause everybody to come back and re-state, re-iterate and re-hash the entire thing. So yeah, you guy's ready? Altogether now "This is the song that ever ends. . .[I can't hear you!]. . ." :sad2:

That's for summarizing this, and the responses to each concern are

1) Main Street USA has always been heavily sponsored by big corporations
2) Walt said that the parks would be ever-changing and presided over the parks when similar changes happened in the past
3) Starbucks is a far less greedy corporation than Nescafe, the coffee company they're replacing
4) All the items currently at the Main Street Bakery will either be still there or can already be found elsewhere in the park
5) There is no neon green Starbucks sign where Starbucks was introduced into Disneyland. The bakery will remain themed to the turn of the century
6) Starbucks coffee used to taste burnt. They changed their coffee years ago an it is no longer that burnt tasting coffee. Judging people by the coffee they drink is snobbish
7) The magic is what is inside of you so if it is ruined then you're ruining it, not a cup of Starbucks coffee
8) This is actually a very good question that probably does deserve its own thread. I like the idea of thinking about replacements like the Nescafe Starbucks replacement that we'd like to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter