Goin' down the bayou..at Port Orleans Riverside! -April 2016 TR- Update:8/16

For the First Time in Forever
April 16th, 2016

After our wonderful meal at Be Our Guest, we went to the Tangled bathrooms. Disney really thinks of everything. These bathrooms are so nicely themed for just bathrooms! I make sure if i'm near there to go to the bathroom there because they are the best bathrooms ever.:rotfl2: One thing I do wish was different was that you could go into Rapunzel's tower. That would be awesome.

After we got out of there, we decided to go on Haunted Mansion. But as we walked up there, we realized it was an hour wait. No thanks. So we went over to new fantasyland to go on one of my favs, Little Mermaid!

I love this ride. It's like my childhood summed up in 5 minutes or however long that ride is. I just wish the didn't totally skip the Ursula/Prince Eric battle. That would make the ride 10 times better.

After that, we had a fast pass that I was very excited about. We were meeting Elsa and Anna for the first time! I stayed up until 12 when the fast passes came out because they usually sell out every time I try to book them, but this time I was lucky enough to get them.

The interactions were amazing! I loved it!

In the shop when you exit, there was this cute statue of Minnie dressed as Elsa. So cute!

After that, we decided that it was time to leave. We wanted to sit out by the pool and get ready for dinner.

As we tried to get out of the park, it took so long. Festival of Fantasy was going on and it was packed.

I took this castle picture on the way out though.

We got out and waited for a bus. It took a long time though. Way more then 20 minutes!

Then we were back at Riverside.

Continued in next post

Last edited:
I love your trip report! We're staying at POR for the first time in the Royal Rooms this October, so this is getting me pumped! Can't wait to read more! princess:

I'll be staying at Pop in a few weeks because I wanted to squeeze in one more Disney trip this year, so had to go as inexpensive as possible. I usually stay st POR. That is my favorite resort...I feel like I'm home there. I've stayed in the royal rooms a few times. Beautiful. Have a great trip.

I'll be staying at Pop in a few weeks because I wanted to squeeze in one more Disney trip this year, so had to go as inexpensive as possible. I usually stay st POR. That is my favorite resort...I feel like I'm home there. I've stayed in the royal rooms a few times. Beautiful. Have a great trip.

That is the reason why we are staying at pop too! But i'd rather do that then not go at all. Thank you hope you have a wonderful trip as well!:goodvibes

Enjoying your report!

Thank you and :welcome:!

Thank you for sharing your trip report! Looks like you guys had a blast! That food looks delicious, makes me hungry just looking at it. I love POLY as well, such a unique style and feel to the resort. As much fun as the parks are, it's always nice to go back to your home away from home at a Disney resort, so you can rest up for a new magical day that awaits!

French Quarter
April 16th, 2016

After we got off the bus, we saw that people were riding bikes around the resort, and it looked like a lot of fun. So we decided that we wanted to rent a bike too. We walked up to the little stand and asked how much it would be to rent one of those four person bikes, but we were turned down because they unfortunately closed at 5:00 and it was about 4:30, and by the time it took us to ride around the resort, it would probably be over 5:00. So we took a note of that to remember to come back another day.

We then wanted to walk over to French Quarter. This is one of my family's favorite things to do when we stay at riverside. Surprisingly, we have never stayed at French Quarter, but we are always there.:laughing:If French Quarter had Royal rooms, we would probably have stayed there by now.

But the one reason why we always walk over to French Quarter is to get one of my favorite things. I'll give you guys a hint! It's food made in a Disney princess movie....

It's beignets! Ever since I saw the Princess and the Frog, I have always wanted to try Tiana's beignets. Ever since I heard the sold them at French Quarter, it has been a must do every trip!

I also like walking over to French Quarter for a couple more reasons.
1. You can burn off all those calories you get from eating delicious Disney food
2. It's great to get a change in scenery. French Quarter is BEAUTIFUL! I love it so much
3. It also offers different foods at the food quart than POR. So if you start to get sick of the food there, you can always go to French Quarter for different variety.

When I came to Disney back in February, we actually came here because of a high school cheerleading competition. My whole team flew down and we stayed at Riverside. We were supposed to stay at one of the All- Star's but (thankfully) they were all booked! I really just don't like the feel of all stars. I would stay there if I was on a budget or if I absolutely had too, but other then that, no thank you! But anyways, the point of this story was that everyone was saying that they were sick of the food at POR, because we had to eat there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but if this ever happens to you, then you can just take a short walk to French Quarter! They have awesome mac and cheese there btw. I love mac and cheese and POR doesn't have any there.

If you don't want to walk, you can also, take a bus from a park or take a boat there. The boats at POR stop at French Quarter before they go to Downtown Disney, oops I mean Disney Springs!

Grandma must have took this picture on the walk there. Horse and carriage!

Here are the beignets!

You can get either three or six as a snack or if you are getting a counter service meal, then you can get them for desert.

We then ate these at a little table outside and just enjoyed the scenery and being in Disney! After that, we walked walked back to Riverside to get ready for our dinner reservation. We were trying something new and very close to our room!

Continued in next post

Thank you for sharing your trip report! Looks like you guys had a blast! That food looks delicious, makes me hungry just looking at it. I love POLY as well, such a unique style and feel to the resort. As much fun as the parks are, it's always nice to go back to your home away from home at a Disney resort, so you can rest up for a new magical day that awaits!

Thank you so much for reading! The food at Disney always makes any trip a great one!:rotfl:

Great trip report so far. My favorite part, I have never had School Bread there and see people talk about it all the time here but no one describes what it actually is. Now I think I will have to try it next time.

Great trip report so far. My favorite part, I have never had School Bread there and see people talk about it all the time here but no one describes what it actually is. Now I think I will have to try it next time.

Thank you! You should defiantly try it. If you like donuts, then you will most likely like school bread:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter