Goin' down the bayou..at Port Orleans Riverside! -April 2016 TR- Update:8/16

Grand Floridian!
April 14th, 2016

After we looked at all the paintings, we decided to head out of Magic Kingdom.

And go on this!

:lovestruc

I had to explore my two favorite hotels, and since we already were at Polynesian this morning, that means we were going to.....

Grand Floridian!

So classy

We decided to do something that we all haven't done before. And that was going to Basin!

Aren't these soaps just the cutest? I don't even use bar soap, but I would buy one of these just because of their unique designs. The one that I liked the best was the birthday cake one. It smelt so good!

Bath bombs! I have a ton of bath bombs from Lush that I use. There was a really cool one here that when it explodes, there's little Mickeys! Adorable!

I thought this little bathtub was just a decoration, but a cm said that they actually test the bath bombs in there to make sure you like it before you buy it. Disney thinks of everything.

Then we tested the hand scrubs. Omg these make your hands so soft. And smell so good! We got a big tub of the almond scrub because we all have dry skin and this takes the dead skin right off! I don't have a picture of this because the cm bubble wrapped it so that is wouldn't crack in the suitcase on the way back home.

Then, we just walked around in the regular gift shop, and went back to the monorail to take it to Magic Kingdom.

After that, we took the bus back to POR.

I then got the same apple blossom with ice cream that I had the night we got there from the food court. Yum!

We then just layed out at the pool and relaxed.

Then we went back to the room to get ready for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants!

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Bath bombs! I have a ton of bath bombs from Lush that I use. There was a really cool one here that when it explodes, there's little Mickeys! Adorable!/QUOTE]
What's this now? I've been in there but never knew this! What one is it that has little Mickey's when it explodes?

Ohana means family
April 14th, 2016

Well you could probably guess from the title that we were going to Ohana for dinner! Ohana is all of our favorite restaurants so we were so excited. It's actually been a tradition for about six years that on our first night, we always eat at Ohana. Technically this was our second night, but close enough!

We waited for a bus to Magic Kingdom. And then we went on the monorail for the third time that day.:goodvibes

We checked in for our 8:00 reservation.

After we checked in, we sat at the bar and all ordered drinks. I ordered a strawberry mixed with piña colada while everyone else ordered alcohol.:laughing: I must have misplaced my picture that I had of it though. My bad lol!

After sitting there for about 45 minutes, we started to get bored. Well, that 45 minutes slowly turned into an hour. So we went back up to check in to see if they called our name and maybe we didn't hear. We then heard a lot of people with the same problem, and it was so packed that they ran out of pagers!. After that, we waited about 5 more minutes and were finally called in.

I had recently read on the boards that Ohana had been having bad reviews lately. I didn't really believe it because every meal we have had there had been amazing. But I knew something was up when it took them 10 minutes to bring over the bread.

They usually pile our plates and everything comes out very quickly. But we got everything very spaced out.

Pot stickers and wings were great as always!

Then Kayla's gluten free plate came out

Noodles and vegetables

And then it was just steak, chicken, and shrimp.
The steak was so good! I didn't even have to cut it because it was so soft.

Kayla's gluten free desert

And everyone's personal favorite desert, the bread pudding!:love:

The food at Ohana was great as always, but the service was not so good. I can understand that they get busy. There are a lot of people that eat there everyday, and it can get overwhelming. I was just disappointed that this was the only time that we have had bad service. The amazing food made up for it though!

After Ohana's, we were so stuffed! We then wanted to go walk around on the beach because it's something that Grandma and I have never done before! My mom, my dad, and Kayla stayed at Polynesian before I was born, and they haven't stayed their since. So that means that I haven't ever stayed at Poly.:( Maybe someday!

The beach was so pretty! We just sat on the benches that were swings and just looked at the scenery of the Magic Kingdom with the bungalows in the background. It was honestly one of the highlights of my trip. Just sitting there and realizing that I was in Disney, my favorite place on Earth, was so magical.

After sitting there for a while, it was like 11:00. We then realized that we had to get out of there to catch the bus back to POR before the crowds started to come from the parade. So we did something new again! We took the boat instead of the monorail this time.

It was a nice, relaxing boat ride to end a relaxing day. Honestly, we didn't really go crazy at the parks this trip. We did more of sight seeing instead of rushing to each ride like we usually do. And I kinda like it that way. I've seen so many things on this trip that I haven't seen in all the times Ive gone to Disney. It's nice to stop and smell the flowers once in a while.:daisy:

We then caught the bus back to POR. And then took showers and went to bed. This was a perfect first park day!

continued in next post

Last edited:

Hi I'm following along! :wave2:
Love your trip report so far!! I agree about taking it slow and just enjoying the World for all of its magical little details. :goodvibes

Also, NEED one of those mickey bath bombs. And the almond hand scrub. Basin is on my must do list for next trip ::yes::

Also, NEED one of those mickey bath bombs. And the almond hand scrub. Basin is on my must do list for next trip ::yes::

I second this! I am totally going to stop there on our next trip..getting bath bombs to use in the large tub in our AKL room will be perfection.

Just catching up now!

I love the Poly too! We're staying there for 1 night in December and I'm so excited but we've gone to eat there. We haven't done Ohana dinner yet but we have one scheduled for the next trip so I hope they've improved it's faster we got in for breakfast pretty fast. Also Basin looks pretty cool, I don't know how I missed it when I was at the Grand Floridian.

I agree about Sleeping Beauty I recently rewatched it and I really liked it.

Also we're staying in a royal room at Riverside for my birthday next year and your pictures are making me even more excited!

Hi I'm following along! :wave2:
Love your trip report so far!! I agree about taking it slow and just enjoying the World for all of its magical little details. :goodvibes

Hi! Thank you!:wave: Ya, I think it's better that way!

Same! I don't know why I didn't grab it when I was there. Now I have to wait until next trip to get one!

I second this! I am totally going to stop there on our next trip..getting bath bombs to use in the large tub in our AKL room will be perfection.

Haha that's a perfect idea!

Just catching up now!

I love the Poly too! We're staying there for 1 night in December and I'm so excited but we've gone to eat there. We haven't done Ohana dinner yet but we have one scheduled for the next trip so I hope they've improved it's faster we got in for breakfast pretty fast. Also Basin looks pretty cool, I don't know how I missed it when I was at the Grand Floridian.

I agree about Sleeping Beauty I recently rewatched it and I really liked it.

Also we're staying in a royal room at Riverside for my birthday next year and your pictures are making me even more excited!

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a great time at Polynesian and Ohana! Lol finally someone agrees with me on Sleeping Beauty.:laughing: The royal rooms are the best! You made an excellent choice:thumbsup2

Following along :wave2:

OMG, that Kona breakfast and Ohana dinner look :love:

Hi everyone! I just want to thank everyone for following along on my trip report! I really enjoy reading everyone's comments!:thanks:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Flower and Garden!
April 15th, 2016

Today we got up at 7:30. We were going to Epcot!

I was excited to see all the topiaries at Epcot, because last time I was there was in
February, and the Flower and Garden Festival wasn't going on yet. I don't know if it's because I go to Disney every April, but I feel like Epcot is just bland without it. The flowers make it look so pretty!

We walked in and Grandma got "randomly selected" to go through the metal detectors. We told her that she must have looked sketchy.:lmao:

The first topiary that we saw was Daisy Duck in front of Spaceship Earth, but there was so many people in front of it taking pictures, so we just said we would get it on our way out.

So we took a picture of the backside of it, which was Donald Duck!

Lighting McQueen!

My personal favorite from Cars, Mator!

How perfect would this picture be if the monorail was driving by in the back?

Cactus! Or aren't they called Cacti? I don't even know.:laughing:

Chip and Dale!

Mickey!

Minnie and Pluto!

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Following along! I'm loving your report so far, I can just hear the excitement and fun in your writing.

Joining in on this trip report! I'm 15 and a sophomore too and have been to Disney 17 times (going back in july!) and im so excited to see someone else my age just as obsessed! Most people in my school just don't understand :confused: Excited to hear more about the trip! So far it sounds like it was amazing

School bread is the best bread
April 15th, 2016

After looking at all the topiaries, we had to get to Test Track to use up our first fast passes of the day!

When we were making our cars, Kayla and I were cracking up because Grandma and my mom made a car and they put some type of wings on the side that made it like an airplane. Before they had a chance to change it, time ran out and it was stuck like that. So we kept calling it "Grandma's airplane". :rotfl2:

Test track was great, and Grandma's airplane ended up winning against Kayla and I's car.:laughing:

After that, I was hungry, so we decided to go to World Showcase to get one of my favorite snacks!

By the time we walked over there from Test Track, it was about 9:45, and World Showcase didn't open until 10. (I could be wrong because I didn't write it down so I'm just going off of memory.) So we just waited the 15 minutes.

Norway was open to walk around, but they had China and everything else closed off. So we just chilled out there

Since I'm the younger sister, and she's the blonde, she's Elsa and I'm Anna!

Grandma w/t Anna and Elsa

And just Anna and Elsa!

The gift shop opened up about 10 minutes before everything else, so we wasted time in there.

Once we got out, it was 10, and World showcase had just opened. We didn't have to go very far, because we were going to Kringla Kafe!

You can probably guess by the title of this chapter, but one of my favorite snacks in all of Disney World is School Bread! I'm pretty sure lots of you know what School Bread is, because I actually heard of it off of Disboards, but for those of you that don't know, it looks like this!

It's basically like a donut with coconut shavings and frosting on the top with cream in the middle and on the top. So in other words, like a boston cream donut from Dunkin Donuts. But a thousand times better!:love:

So if you haven't tried school bread before, I recommend that you do. It's amazing!

We then sat down to enjoy it.

I love the Norway pavilion. I miss the Maelstrom though. But I'm excited for the Frozen ride. I like Frozen, but I'm not obsessed with it. But I guess they have to what attracts more guests.

We then walked back to future world, because we had some more fast passes to use up!

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Joining in on this trip report! I'm 15 and a sophomore too and have been to Disney 17 times (going back in july!) and im so excited to see someone else my age just as obsessed! Most people in my school just don't understand :confused: Excited to hear more about the trip! So far it sounds like it was amazing

Omg finally found a person who is my age and loves Disney! Yay!:-)

Hey everyone! I am so sorry for the lack of updates. School has been crazy since it's towards the end of the year, and I have had so much homework, tests, and projects. I apologize, so I'm gonna update a lot today while I have time!
----------------------------------------
More Epcot Fun!
April 15th, 2016

We took some pictures on the way to our fast pass location.

Still wish this was Kim Possible themed. Kim Possible was so much better!

Our next fast pass was Spaceship Earth. Normally, I wouldn't use a fast pass on this ride, but fast pass plus makes you choose 1 big ride and 2 little ones so whateve.:confused3 Am I the only one who just prefers the paper tickets? They were so much more simple, because now you have to plan your whole day around what time your fast passes are. :sad2:

I think my mom and I chose work to be different, but I don't really remember much about it. But Kayla and Grandma chose health and they said it was really cool because apparently, you take a picture of your injury and the phone fixes it for you I think? They thought it was really cool though.

After Spaceship Earth, we went to use up our last fast passes, and that was to meet some of the fab 5!

I don't know if it is just me, but the epcot character spot always smells really bad. Lmao I don't know if its because its near a bathroom? :worried:

We first met the main mouse, Mickey!

Mickey asked us to do this, and we felt really awkward, but after taking it, we realized that it was really cute and one of our favorite pictures of the trip!

Next was Goofy!

And last was Minnie!

We then stopped at starbucks and everyone got a tea except me. Gotta save room for that delicious Disney food!

We then decided to walk to countries.

We were all so excited that this movie was finally out! We all said that we wanted to go see it maybe later on during the trip.

Lion King!

Snow White!

While walking the countries, my stomach really started to hurt. I don't normally drink much throughout the day, so at this point, I chugged whole bottle of water because I didn't want to become dehydrated. I shouldn't have drank it so fast because I honestly felt like I was gonna throw up. We then decided that we would eat back at the hotel, so if I did get sick, we wouldn't have to worry about catching the bus back.

As we were walking, the water settled in my stomach because I felt completely fine. I only felt sick for not even a half hour. So that was good. Cause who wants to be sick in Disney? We still decided to go back to the hotel to eat because we had to get ready for dinner, so it was just easier if we went back then.

I promised that I would take this picture on the way out!

Continued in next post

Last edited:
but one of my favorite snacks in all of Disney World is School Bread!
You have great taste! School Bread is my absolute favorite Disney snack :cloud9:
I'm glad your stomach settled down quick. I had the stomach bug on our trip last Nov. and it was NOT fun :sad2: Happy yours was just a momentary thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter